• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMrRound

The weapons that you didn't equip (if I'm not wrong) before the final battle+stats (courage/intelligence etc).

Ultimate Personas and ~NEW~P4G Super Ultimate Personas do not carry over.

Meia

Ah. So yeah, back to this being a crazy rush to get everything. How much of this stuff carries over into NG+?

Nothing?

The only things that carry over are your full compendium, the money you have at the end of the playthrough(though none of the items), and the items you need to fuse the ultimate personas of each Tarot(the ones given at rank 10 so you can use/fuse them in the velvet room at the beginning of the game if you wanted to). In addition, on a game + there are no more level restrictions for personas you can summon, so you can summon a lv99 persona the second you gain access to the room if you were so inclined. Oh, and costumes also carry over.

PK Gaming

PERSONA 4 UPDATE OF TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM
iXlw5Qe.gif
I'm glad you made it through the main bulk of the game without getting spoiled/trolled.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing your thoughts on
Marie's bonus dungeon and the ski trip, haha.

PS: Don't blink, because the P4G train ain't stopping yet!!

Guys I have to know

Can I get the Christmas Eve event with Rise at rank 9?

I NEED TO KNOW
Yeah.

As long as you're in an intimate relationship with her, you're golden.

fj6.png

This chart always favors FF, too. Crazy. Really shows how SE's dominance in the genre has faded over the years.

Persona is going to be massive. I fucking love it that more people are getting to know this gem of a franchise. Expect big growth form P4 to P5 especially in the West.

Squire

Banned
Persona is going to be massive. I fucking love it that more people are getting to know this gem of a franchise. Expect big growth form P4 to P5 especially in the West.

Same here! It's awesome. The first week sales numbers are gonna be a big splash. I expect it to give Tsles a serious run for it's money.

PK Gaming

Nothing?

The only things that carry over are your full compendium, the money you have at the end of the playthrough(though none of the items), and the items you need to fuse the ultimate personas of each Tarot(the ones given at rank 10 so you can use/fuse them in the velvet room at the beginning of the game if you wanted to). In addition, on a game + there are no more level restrictions for personas you can summon, so you can summon a lv99 persona the second you gain access to the room if you were so inclined. Oh, and costumes also carry over.
Skill Cards and the items at Daidara's shop carry over too.

Does the fusion lvl restriction really go away on NG+?

You know, I am really happy Persona and SMT are flourishing, and I bet Atlus/Sega are going to give Devil Survivor another shot, but I wonder whats going to happen to Devil Summoner?

Sophia

You know, I am really happy Persona and SMT are flourishing, and I bet Atlus/Sega are going to give Devil Survivor another shot, but I wonder whats going to happen to Devil Summoner?

Devil Summoner never dies! Besides, they released Soul Hackers in English, so obviously it'll still be around. :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Skill Cards and the items at Daidara's shop carry over too.

Does the fusion lvl restriction really go away on NG+?

No, the fusion restriction doesn't go away, but you can summon Personas from the compendium that are super high level; e.g. as soon as you can get to the Velvet Room you can summon anything you registered in your previous game even if they're level 90 or something.

This doesn't include Izanagi-no-Okami, who can't be registered no matter what you do.

Lunar15

Thing to know about most of Atlus USA's job openings: for lower level positions, they really only look for in-area applicants. If you're too far away from Irvine, CA., they won't really consider you.

Lunar15

Same here! It's awesome. The first week sales numbers are gonna be a big splash. I expect it to give Tales a serious run for it's money.

My only fear is that with popularity comes expectations, and with expectations comes a desire to please everyone.

Gazoinks

A new Devil Summoner game would be pretty cool. I haven't played the Raidou games, but both halves of that series seem to have a pretty unique vibe compared to the rest of the metaseries.

Speaking of Devil Survivor! Break Record when. -_-

Acid08

Banned
What's the fear? That it's going to be too easy or too trope filled?

I don't really get worrying too much about it. Hashino & co. seem to understand the balancing act of introducing changes and keeping the things people expect.

CorvoSol

Nothing?

Okay so I should equip less-than-the-best armor prior to ending the game (will I get a chance after the final boss?) and Izanagi is the only Persona I need to worry about getting hulked out.
What's the Izanagi upgrade again?

Guys I have to know

Can I get the Christmas Eve event with Rise at rank 9?

I NEED TO KNOW

Dude. Dude. Dude. It's so worth it.

I'm glad you made it through the main bulk of the game without getting spoiled/trolled.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing your thoughts on
Marie's bonus dungeon and the ski trip, haha.

PS: Don't blink, because the P4G train ain't stopping yet!!

I'm really greatful for your help, too! I don't think I'd've gotten through all that without it, haha. Even on subsequent playthroughs I'm gonna have to look that stuff up.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
So guys (gals?) I bought Persona 4 Arena on PSN last weekend and I was wondering if you would like to play. Please be gentle. I'm that good against human players. :p

Gazoinks

Totally bawled at all the Nanako stuff over the holiday. Gosh dang this game went for a gut punch with her, so when she finally gets the kotatsu and the snowman and you're like "I'm just so happy you're alive!" it works out. They really pulled this off well. I'd like to max Dojima and Nanako but something tells me that not getting them maxed before the big crazy stuff means its too late, even though they were fairly far along. I didn't max them before because the game just kept going "you don't feel your relationship will advance." Fuck you game, I'm never listening to you again!

This part killed me. It's an emotional bit in general, but it hit me extra hard because I have a sister around Nanako's age. ;_;

Shame you didn't manage to make Nanako and Dojima's S.Links, they're probably the best in the game.

Home stretch!

CorvoSol

So guys (gals?) I bought Persona 4 Arena on PSN last weekend and I was wondering if you would like to play. Please be gentle. I'm that good against human players. :p

I kinda want to get P4A, but it's console only and I spend next to no time with my consoles.

This part killed me. It's an emotional bit in general, but it hit me extra hard because I have a sister around Nanako's age. ;_;

Shame you didn't manage to make Nanako and Dojima's S.Links, they're probably the best in the game.

Home stretch!

Dojima's breakdown when Nanako "died" was what sent me over.

PK Gaming

Okay so I should equip less-than-the-best armor prior to ending the game (will I get a chance after the final boss?) and Izanagi is the only Persona I need to worry about getting hulked out.
What's the Izanagi upgrade again?
Feel free to equip whatever you want, since weapons and armor don't transfer over to NG+ (weapons/armor/accessories that you may have unlocked at Daidara's shop DO transfer over however).
Beating the final boss doesn't give a chance to do anything, so make sure you register all of your Persona's to the compendium, and grab any lingering skill cards you might want to use.

As for the
Izanagi upgrade... just keep playing. It's a surprise :)

I'm really greatful for your help, too! I don't think I'd've gotten through all that without it, haha. Even on subsequent playthroughs I'm gonna have to look that stuff up.

Anytime man, anytime.
I kinda want to get P4A, but it's console only and I spend next to no time with my consoles.
Get it! It's a direct continuation of the series after P,4 and a fun fighting-game to boot. Plus a bunch of us still play it, so you can participate in some of our only parties.

Lunar15

Yup.

This has been my fear for about the last three years now.

Actually, I should revise my statement:

With popularity comes expectations, with expectations comes sales projections, and with sales projections comes a desire to please everyone in order to meet said projections.

CorvoSol

Get it! It's a direct continuation of the series after P,4 and a fun fighting-game to boot. Plus a bunch of us still play it, so you can participate in some of our only parties.

Oh man I won't even see my PS3 till Summer. I want it, though. If there were a Vita version I'd buy it today, haha. I mean how am I supposed to turn down a sequel to P4 when I've fallen so completely in love with this game? If I had known that Persona 4 Golden was going to be this enjoyable an experience, I would have considered it a killer app for the PSV.

EMT0

Banned
Oh man I won't even see my PS3 till Summer. I want it, though. If there were a Vita version I'd buy it today, haha. I mean how am I supposed to turn down a sequel to P4 when I've fallen so completely in love with this game? If I had known that Persona 4 Golden was going to be this enjoyable an experience, I would have considered it a killer app for the PSV.

One of us, one of us

RaikuHebi

Banned
lohr.jpg

And yeah, P4G is definitely a killer app for the Vita. I've already played P4 and don't have much interest in most of the Vita's library, and I still kinda want one for P4G. :p

This is me right now. From Aug-Dec I played 30 hours of this game.

Now at this stage in January my clock is at 60 hours. Absolutely loving this game.

I just beat Kunino-sagiri. Almost done I guess and when I am it'll be Persona 3 next which I only completed about a 1/3 of on my PSP a few years ago. This time it'll get the OLED treatment!

Also earlier I was watching the opening gameplay from SMTIV which looked great. I guess I'm going to become a big SMT fan pretty soon.

Gazoinks

This is me right now. From Aug-Dec I played 30 hours of this game.

Now at this stage in January my clock is at 60 hours. Absolutely loving this game.

I just beat Kunino-sagiri. Almost done I guess and when I am it'll be Persona 3 next which I only completed about a 1/3 of on my PSP a few years ago. This time it'll get the OLED treatment!

Also earlier I was watching the opening gameplay from SMTIV which looked great. I guess I'm going to become a big SMT fan pretty soon.

I followed exactly the same arc as that. P4. P3. ALL OF THE SMT. I'm playing SMTIV right now, actually. :D

FluxWaveZ

The Conception 1 protagonist shares similarities to the P3MC, most notably the blue hair, while the Conception II protagonist has grey hair. Just noticed that; kinda funny.

Moonlight

Banned
PERSONA 4 UPDATE OF TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM
Been a real treat to read your impressions of the game thus far.
Right there with you on the Nanako stuff. It hit me like a freight train, because I was so totally convinced that everything would turn out fine - P4 didn't seem like that kind of game, and everyone else who'd been kidnapped had to spend about a month recuperating. And... wow. That flatline was just... wow. I mean, it did work out in the end, but... man, those thirty or forty minutes after it happened was gut-wrenching and definitely puts you the right (or wrong, I suppose) mindset for the choice the game gives you about Namatame right after.

Bit of a shame you didn't get to max out Dojima & Nanako before it happened, though. It really adds a lot, I think, maybe not in what actually happens, but really enhances the context it's happening in. I think you'll still get a chance to finish them up once they're properly back home though.

But yeah, P4G is definitely the killer app for Vita. Or at least, it was for me. I doubt I'd own one if it weren't in the library.

The second Raidou game never got localized here. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Actually both Raidou games were localized, it's just that the 2nd one came out very late in the PS2 lifespan, it's the orgional Devil Summoner that was never localized. IIRC they actually tried to localize the orgional one on the Saturn, but like Soul Hackers on the PS1 or Saturn it never came out here. Why neither of them never came over here, your guess is as good as mine as to why. And then there is the PSP port of it, and no really knows why it never came over here, since iirc one person from ATLUS did mention it in an interview that were some reasons as to why they couldn't bring it over. Though why is a mystery.
For reference, the second Raidou game on the PS2 came out in May of 2009 a few months after Persona 4.
Who is this debonair chap? Is he the SMT equivalent of Doctor Who? I would play a Doctor Who game developed by the SMT dudes, or the Persona Team.
HAHAHA......Yes, he does look like the SMT version of the Doctor. Which is pretty awesome in my book.

CorvoSol

One of us, one of us

All the wasted years, man. For years I thought Persona looked way too anime for me (which is ironic, since I'm a diehard FF fan). All. The. Wasted. Years.

The Conception 1 protagonist shares similarities to the P3MC, most notably the blue hair, while the Conception II protagonist has grey hair. Just noticed that; kinda funny.

I really wish there was an english translation of Conception.

Been a real treat to read your impressions of the game thus far.
Right there with you on the Nanako stuff. It hit me like a freight train, because I was so totally convinced that everything would turn out fine - P4 didn't seem like that kind of game, and everyone else who'd been kidnapped had to spend about a month recuperating. And... wow. That flatline was just... wow. I mean, it did work out in the end, but... man, those thirty or forty minutes after it happened was gut-wrenching and definitely puts you the right (or wrong, I suppose) mindset for the choice the game gives you about Namatame right after.

Bit of a shame you didn't get to max out Dojima & Nanako before it happened, though. It really adds a lot, I think, maybe not in what actually happens, but really enhances the context it's happening in. I think you'll still get a chance to finish them up once they're properly back home though.

But yeah, P4G is definitely the killer app for Vita. Or at least, it was for me. I doubt I'd own one if it weren't in the library.

I'm so happy I got this game. This is the giddiness I used to feel for FF games (I mean, I felt that way for Type-0 sort of, but the language barrier impeded.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom