• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

They don't, but if time devoted to localizing PQ and P4D were transferred over to P5 as a top priority for global launch, the two former games would most definitely be pushed back in terms of release date, which is where the theoretical derives from.

I doubt the difference in time would actually matter, especially considering PQ at least is so far off from Persona 5's theoretical release date.

I almost feel like I don't want to watch the inevitable Persona 5 trailers because of how much I like my experience of having jumped into Persona 4 completely blind, but I know I won't be able to resist.

FluxWaveZ

I doubt the difference in time would actually matter, especially considering PQ at least is so far off from Persona 5's theoretical release date.

I disagree. They're just one localization team having to work on the three different games of varying sizes, and listening to 8-4 and reading articles like Schreir's XSEED article, I actually rescind my previous comment and I'd argue that localization is all about a series of trade-offs; having to decide which games to work on and which to either push back for later or to not work on at all.

At this point, I don't think they'd put off PQ and P4D to actually make P5 a priority, but if that was actually the objective, it definitely would make a big difference concerning release dates.

Lunar15

I almost feel like I don't want to watch the inevitable Persona 5 trailers because of how much I like my experience of having jumped into Persona 4 completely blind, but I know I won't be able to resist.

Same here. Being late to the party with P4 meant I had no expectations going in. It's quite the different story now.

FluxWaveZ

Same here. Being late to the party with P4 meant I had no expectations going in. It's quite the different story now.

It's part of the reason why I selfishly want as little media for the game shown off as possible before it's released. All that breaks apart once it comes out in Japan, though, despite Atlus inevitably doing the hardest they've ever done to contain spoilers.

I went into P3 and P4 knowing extremely little about both games, and the series as a whole, as well, so this time will certainly be different.

Meia

It's part of the reason why I selfishly want as little media for the game shown off as possible before it's released. All that breaks apart once it comes out in Japan, though, despite Atlus inevitably doing the hardest they've ever done to contain spoilers.

I went into P3 and P4 knowing extremely little about both games, and the series as a whole, as well, so this time will certainly be different.

Yep, I remember everything they tried to do to keep Golden's additions under wraps, even having Shadow Teddie in a pic warning the audience not to talk about it, but of course everything was out there anyway.

The only way we'll never get truly spoiled for something is a simultaneous release in both regions, something I never see happening. Then again, I avoid spoilers since I usually only go to safe areas, so I avoided most of Golden's spoilers.

I'm guessing it's why there's a push here to avoid "fake" spoilers, because I really don't want to do what I normally do in a situation to avoid them: Avoid going to the place to begin with.

CorvoSol

please understand

Persona 4-3: Marie Returns announced.

"Oh, yeah, uh, we decided to make Persona 4 Dancing into Persona 5. This has definitely been a plan all along and is not because we have been completely mismanaging the franchise and certainly not a bid to buy us more development time."

Persona 4-3: Marie Returns announced.
CorvoSol this is the what everyone's been waiting for.
Marie Returns: Persona 4
Where Marie must save the world in 4 days form it's end. All the while, reading bad poetry as a weapon, wearing a unlimited amount of costumes, and still being Marie that we all know and love so dearly.

So apparently I think I may have finished the December dungeon too late

And now no Christmas Eve with Rise

Someone tell me what the cut off date was.

I WILL RELOAD TO MY SAVE FROM THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER IF NEED BE

Edit: Yup no Christmas Eve with Rise I'm gonna take a nice long break from P4G

My rage is eternal

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I've been thinking of canceling the Nendo Aigis in exchange for the Parfom one. (The one I linked yesterday)

Something about the Parfom one just looks better.

Sounds right. Was one of the two, was going off the top of my head.

Ouch. Might I ask how someone with that strong feeling about it didn't manage to max her social link?

I was trying to get the Guardian and didn't realize they extended it so much. And then the last few days before the 22nd she just wasn't around at all.

Lemstar

Have fun doing the December dungeon again!

emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28.png

CorvoSol

CorvoSol this is the what everyone's been waiting for.
Marie Returns: Persona 4
Where Marie must save the world in 4 days form it's end. All the while, reading bad poetry as a weapon, wearing a unlimited amount of costumes, and still being Marie that we all know and love so dearly.

Now hold on, if we're going to do this thing the Toriyama way it is central to the issue that we fundamentally change Marie's character. That's how it was for Lightning.

So apparently I think I may have finished the December dungeon too late

And now no Christmas Eve with Rise

Someone tell me what the cut off date was.

I WILL RELOAD TO MY SAVE FROM THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER IF NEED BE

Edit: Yup no Christmas Eve with Rise I'm gonna take a nice long break from P4G

My rage is eternal

Dude.

Dude. You fucked up, dude.

Dude she CHRISTMAS EVE SPOILERS
spends the night, dude.
You fucked up.

Smedwicks has the luck of the Yousuke.

Oh, hey, is the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy supposed to be hard to get? Cuz I got that during my playthrough. I haven't even looked to see what the requirements were.

PK Gaming

Oh, hey, is the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy supposed to be hard to get? Cuz I got that during my playthrough. I haven't even looked to see what the requirements were.
As long as you cycle through all of the playable characters in the game, it should be pretty easy to get. People run into trouble because they stick with one party for the whole game and neglect to engage in conversations with Rise (any bit of dialogue from Rise in the dialogue, via costume dialogue or battle lines count)

Now hold on, if we're going to do this thing the Toriyama way it is central to the issue that we fundamentally change Marie's character. That's how it was for Lightning.

Dude.

Dude. You fucked up, dude.

Dude she CHRISTMAS EVE SPOILERS
spends the night, dude.
You fucked up.

Smedwicks has the luck of the Yousuke.

Yes, I know what the event is, Corvo, I've played through P4 Vanilla :p

CorvoSol

As long as you cycle through all of the playable characters in the game, it should be pretty easy to get. People run into trouble because they stick with one party for the whole game and neglect to engage in conversations with Rise (any bit of dialogue from Rise in the dialogue, via costume dialogue or battle lines count)

Ah, well I definitely tried to use everyone. Subsequent playthrough will likely see me do it more when I actually have Naoto and Kanji's SLinks before the last day.

Yes, I know what the event is, Corvo, I've played through P4 Vanilla :p

Well better safe than sorry.

From IRC

It's time to make OT suggestions right?

I welcome this title.

Kazzy

Beyond going to that live reveal, I've actually looked at zero footage/information about the new games. I am going to go in completely dark, and it's going to be glorious!

Persona Q could be delayed until doomsday, if it meant that the others were released earlier.

FluxWaveZ

Beyond going to that live reveal, I've actually looked at zero footage/information about the new games.

So have literally every person in this thread.

Well, I guess to be fair, PQ has some stuff, but still.

Actually, to be really fair, these are things we've had about the new games since the event:

- Some development philosophy points about Persona 5
- Preliminary story details about Persona Q
- Preliminary story details about P4D
- Persona Q sample music (two songs)
- Second preview trailer for Persona Q
- Developer interview about the Persona Q music
- Persona Q trailers for: Yosuke, Akihiko, Mitsuru and Chie (with Shinjiro and Yukiko likely added tomorrow)

Nothing new about P4A2, though I guess that should be somewhat expected since it's out in arcades already. Aside from spoilers, I'm cool with consuming everything except for P5.

Beyond going to that live reveal, I've actually looked at zero footage/information about the new games. I am going to go in completely dark, and it's going to be glorious!

I was planning on doing this when information gets released, especially with 5. But I wont, deep down I like being spoiled and no doubt the temptation will get the better of me.

Haha, oh my. It's too early to be laughing like this.

Kazzy

Nothing new about P4A2, though I guess that should be somewhat expected since it's out in arcades already. Aside from spoilers, I'm cool with consuming everything except for P5.

I kind of feel bad that I have easy access to P4A2, and yet I don't take advantage of it. Truth be told, I still actually need to get around to playing P4A!

I was planning on doing this when information gets released, especially with 5. But I wont, deep down I like being spoiled and no doubt the temptation will get the better of me.

Ignorance is bliss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom