• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the ending for P3 spoiled for me
by the persona 3 wiki page for his character. I think it's fixed now but for a good while it mentioned that he was dead in like the first paragraph lol. It actually made the whole "talk to all the people you formed S-links with " so much sadder because I knew what was going to happen. Then the ending happened and that fucking credits music and I was all ;_; goddamit. Perfection.

Now I'm going to have to play P3 again. It's been over a month since I last did this playthrough so I hope it doesn't go too poorly.

Banzai

Started playing P3P, I'm wondering if there's some way to heal the "tired" status. I think it's pretty lame that I can't study/ got to Tartarus for mutltiple days because of it. What else am I supposed to do in the evening?

Acid08

Banned
Started playing P3P, I'm wondering if there's some way to heal the "tired" status. I think it's pretty lame that I can't study/ got to Tartarus for mutltiple days because of it. What else am I supposed to do in the evening?

Buy Yawn-Be-Gone from the school store. Or go to the nurse's office.

Rocksxp

Neo Member
Nah, in terms of (ZOMG TEH P3 SPOILZ)
The Answer both Yukari and Aigis have to pretty much be canon.
(P3 spoiler train continues)
I disagree, I feel like Aigis had a lot of reasons to feel like she did in The Answer and being in love with Makoto doesn’t have to be one of them. I mean I do think Aigis loved him but not in the romantic sense. I think she too inexperienced with her emotions to feel that way toward another person yet. To me it be like if Teddie actually fell for someone in P4 other than himself.

pan-hime

also Teddie is added on the site.
XkpH2Yb.png

Dantis

New Persona Q Trailers Up, who up to the plate this time well....

P4 Team: Yukiko Trailer

P3 Team: Shinjiro Trailer

Love P3 store remix in the trailer. Gotta love that jazz feel to it.

Erm, is that a remix? I think it's just the original track.

These are the weakest of the character trailers, in my opinion. Not sure we actually see or hear anything new here.

also Teddie is added on the site.

This is, for some reason, hilarious.

Dantis

You're right, it is a remix. Pretty subtle one, though! The vocals and the sax are identical in it, and the bass line and the drum beat are extremely similar. The main difference is that extra synth bit at the end of each line.

Does anyone else think that the OST to this sounds a bit P1P-ish?

Sophia

Yes it does. Mind you, the whole game is basically a spiritual sequel to Persona 1, what with first person dungeons, no press turn or variant system, and five person parties.

Jintor

Yes it does. Mind you, the whole game is basically a spiritual sequel to Persona 1, what with first person dungeons, no press turn or variant system, and five person parties.

Yeah, but with P3 and P4's aesthetic flavourings so nufans won't know until it's too laaaaateee

Nachos

Why is a dog blushing.

Dogs can't blush.

Hush now, dogs can do anything.

Hardly seems like enough to call it a spiritual sequel, particularly when none of that is exclusive to P1, and the battle systems are nothing alike.

Sophia

Hardly seems like enough to call it a spiritual sequel, particularly when none of that is exclusive to P1, and the battle systems are nothing alike.

As far as the Persona series goes, first person dungeons have definitively been exclusive to the original game, and five person parties are rare even for the mainline Megami Tensei games nowadays.

Nachos

As far as the Persona series goes, first person dungeons have definitively been exclusive to the original game, and five person parties are rare even for the mainline Megami Tensei games nowadays.

I was just saying that's all coincidental. Still, I hope Atlus puts a shout out to the older games SOMEWHERE in this mass of game cross pollination they've got going on for their anniversary, as well as their games that likely won't see the light of day ever again (Trauma Center ;_;).

Come to think of it, though, has anyone talked about setting the game in a different time period? I think it's a given that it'll likely be set a few years from now, but looking at games like Gone Home or even Attack of the Friday Monsters, a world set in a period already gone by clearly still had some appeal, especially for those that are well-realized. It'd be cool getting transported to Japan during the '80s or '70s, as not only would it provide a different taste of culture, but it would be cool going against the obvious use of technological interconnectivity by removing it completely. Instead of taking place in a time ruled by computers and their derivatives, set it when computers barely existed at all.

Do we have an amazing name for OT5 yet?

Also, I need to draw myself an avatar. Suggestions?

FluxWaveZ

New Persona Q Trailers Up, who up to the plate this time well....

P4 Team: Yukiko Trailer

P3 Team: Shinjiro Trailer

Love P3 store remix in the trailer. Gotta love that jazz feel to it.

Yeah... can't say these did much for me either, but that feeling might be compounded because the trailers' appearance has become predictable, plus they're too short to really have anything substantial to get from. They have their one or two cool moments, sometimes, and we get to hear some new music clips like that P3 store remix in Shinjiro's, at least.

Next week = Fuuka and Rise
February 7 = Yukari and Teddie
February 14 = Junpei and unknown P4 character

I feel that Koromaru won't be getting a trailer all by himself (might be paired with Ken's or something), so that's six more weeks for these character trailers, if they don't skip one.

At least that means there'll be something new(er) to expect starting March 7, even if it's just the characters' secondary trailers.

also, can anyone access this: http://p-atlus.balco.jp/pq/ ? Atlus tweeted this but I keep getting "401: Authorization Required"

Hm, guess it might not actually be up yet for some reason, unless it's because the site's reserved for some people with an actual username and password from Nintendo Dream's magazine or something. From the tweet, it sounds like it will be a page to possibly listen to some Persona Q music.

Dantis

Got my copy of the P4A art book. Can't say much of it appeals to me, but I got £10 off because of that Sun+ thing, so no big deal.

Interestingly, there's a Soejima sketch in the back of Chie having just beaten up Teddie. It's really rough, but it's cool and I've never seen it before.

Another interesting thing is that this picture of Labrys

OWAI5gM.png

is by Madhouse. It is easily the best imitation of Soejima that I've ever seen.

Draw yourself in an imitation of Soejima's style.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| We are slaves and we want emancipation!

This would be too close to the 'your name here' The Hedgehog, I think, haha.

I might draw a DDS crossover or something.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Friday is the new Tuesday

Hey, I like this one!

Setsu00

Madhouse did a lot of artwork for P4G in Soejima's style as well, and it's awesome. If it weren't for some minor details, they'd be indistinguishable from the real deal.

Meia

Next week = Fuuka and Rise
February 7 = Yukari and Teddie
February 14 = Junpei and unknown P4 character

Nah, it'll be:

Next week = Yukari and Kanji
February 7 = Junpei and Rise
February 14 = Fuuka and Teddie
February 21 = Aigis and Naoto

Then they could do like Ken and Koro together, or pair them up with Marie or Margaret. They'd probably want to keep Fuuka and Rise together though, so that may break the idea of "Going in order of joining the team" thing they have going so far.

Dantis

Madhouse did a lot of artwork for P4G in Soejima's style as well, and it's awesome. If it weren't for some minor details, they'd be indistinguishable from the real deal.

Did they? I've only seen the picture that came with the Famitsu DX pack, which is pretty far away from Soejima's style. What else have they done?

Nah, it'll be:

Then they could do like Ken and Koro together, or pair them up with Marie or Margaret. They'd probably want to keep Fuuka and Rise together though, so that may break the idea of "Going in order of joining the team" thing they have going so far.

I think I'll actually be sick of these trailers by the time they've finished showing them, haha. Like I said yesterday, I hope we see something actually significant soon.

kewlmyc

Nah, it'll be:

Kanji hasn't even been put on the site iirc.

Also, why think of an OT title when the mod will just change it at will? :p

Meia

I think I'll actually be sick of these trailers by the time they've finished showing them, haha. Like I said yesterday, I hope we see something actually significant soon.

I wouldn't expect it til mid March at this rate, as they'll most likely have trailers for Elizabeth, Theodore, Margaret, and Marie as well. I can't WAIT for GAF's reactions to Marie's trailer...

After that, we'll probably have trailers about what each character can do, in EO terms. After all, there's two trailers on each character's page, so I imagine the second trailer on each will be akin to the class trailers the EO team puts out when a new EO is coming out. Wondering what the Rise and Fuuka trailer will be. If I HAD to guess, one of them will be focus on being the support in battle, with the other being the person in charge of the classic EO map system(Rise in battle, Fuuka drawing maps up and keeping track of that makes the most sense in my mind).

Kanji hasn't even been put on the site iirc.

Also, why think of an OT title when the mod will just change it at will? :p

Yeah, it's weird. All the P4 outlines are in, and Kanji is in between Yukiko and Rise showing to be the next as they're even in order on that screen in terms of when they joined, but he's still a silhouette. Maybe they haven't "finalized" his look yet, even if we've already seen it and have seen it in game in some trailers?

RaikuHebi

Banned
I beat the last boss (
big eye right?
but looking at guides on GAMEFAQs yesterday I accidently saw that there are a few more dungeons. The main story is over right? Don't tell me what they are or what happens, I'm guessing these are this game's equivelant of post-game content ala FF.

I guess I just want to know what I should do for now? Focus on maxing all social links? Finish sidequests? Level up in the previous dungeon? Because once the credits roll I won't be able to fully complete this stuff? Or does progress roll over into New Game Plus?

PaulloDEC

Hi PersonaGAF. If you've not heard me banging on about it elsewhere, I'm new to the series (and the genre) and currently working my way through Golden. I've been asking my newbie questions over in someone's LTTP thread, but given that there's a community one here I thought this might be the better place.
Let me know if I should go back where I came from.

So I'm currently about four floors into
Adachi's
Dungeon and headed for the True Ending, I think. I've got a few questions about making sure I don't make a wrong move from here on out.

1) What's my next step for keeping on the True Ending path? Given how much extra content there seems to be, I'm unclear at what point the game officially ends and I want to make sure that I can see it coming.
2) Further to that, how does Marie's dungeon work? I've got up to S-Link 9 with her, but I'm not sure what happens next. I understand I need to max out the link to unlock it, but how does that jive with the True Ending? If I unlock her dungeon, do I need to complete it to finish the game? I'm interested in unlocking it, but not certain I want to play through it yet.
3) Finally, anyone care to guess how many hours I've got left, assuming I go for the True Ending but skip Marie's dungeon? I'm currently 60 hours in at level 68.

Tamanon

Banned
I beat the last boss (
big eye right?
but looking at guides on GAMEFAQs yesterday I accidently saw that there are a few more dungeons. The main story is over right? Don't tell me what they are or what happens, I'm guessing these are this game's equivelant of post-game content ala FF.

I guess I just want to know what I should do for now? Focus on maxing all social links? Finish sidequests? Level up in the previous dungeon? Because once the credits roll I won't be able to fully complete this stuff? Or does progress roll over into New Game Plus?

Some stuff rolls over to New Game +, but you're not quite done yet with the story.:p

Tamanon

Banned
Hi PersonaGAF. If you've not heard me banging on about it elsewhere, I'm new to the series (and the genre) and currently working my way through Golden. I've been asking my newbie questions over in someone's LTTP thread, but given that there's a community one here I thought this might be the better place.

Adachi's
Dungeon and headed for the True Ending, I think. I've got a few questions about making sure I don't make a wrong move from here on out.

1) What's my next step for keeping on the True Ending path? Given how much extra content there seems to be, I'm unclear at what point the game officially ends and I want to make sure that I can see it coming.
2) Further to that, how does Marie's dungeon work? I've got up to S-Link 9 with her, but I'm not sure what happens next. I understand I need to max out the link to unlock it, but how does that jive with the True Ending? If I unlock her dungeon, do I need to complete it to finish the game? I'm interested in unlocking it, but not certain I want to play through it yet.
3) Finally, anyone care to guess how many hours I've got left, assuming I go for the True Ending but skip Marie's dungeon? I'm currently 60 hours in at level 68.

1)
Don't go home at the end scene in March, talk to everyone and go to Junes

2)
I think you have to max it to get the dungeon, but it doesn't matter for the true ending
3) About 10 more hours I'd say.

Meia

Adachi's

You must have
maxed out Marie's social link before going to catch Adachi in the first place. The second Adachi is caught, it signals the end of all free time in the month of December. If you catch him the first free time in December after you finger him for example, the game will fast forward to the 23rd, regardless of how much time you have left. It's why Marie is available every single day in December for you to finish up her link if you haven't yet, and it's also why catching Adachi breaks the normal rule of "No members of the IT are able to be hung out with while someone is in the TV".

At any rate, Marie's content is separated from the True Ending. All it means is after the True Ending scene, that's when the game stops, otherwise you see the 8 minute or so Epilogue that takes place a few months after the events of True Ending. To get to the True Ending, on the last day, 3/20, just choose to not go back home when the time comes, and go to Junes instead.

How much time left? I'm kind of unsure how to answer that. I don't think not doing Marie's content blocks off all of January/February in terms of free time, though I could be mistaken. If it doesn't, probably another 15 hours at least. If it does, figure 10 to be safe.

PaulloDEC

1)
Don't go home at the end scene in March, talk to everyone and go to Junes

2)
I think you have to max it to get the dungeon, but it doesn't matter for the true ending
3) About 10 more hours I'd say.

You must have
maxed out Marie's social link before going to catch Adachi in the first place. The second Adachi is caught, it signals the end of all free time in the month of December. If you catch him the first free time in December after you finger him for example, the game will fast forward to the 23rd, regardless of how much time you have left. It's why Marie is available every single day in December for you to finish up her link if you haven't yet, and it's also why catching Adachi breaks the normal rule of "No members of the IT are able to be hung out with while someone is in the TV".

At any rate, Marie's content is separated from the True Ending. All it means is after the True Ending scene, that's when the game stops, otherwise you see the 8 minute or so Epilogue that takes place a few months after the events of True Ending. To get to the True Ending, on the last day, 3/20, just choose to not go back home when the time comes, and go to Junes instead.

How much time left? I'm kind of unsure how to answer that. I don't think not doing Marie's content blocks off all of January/February in terms of free time, though I could be mistaken. If it doesn't, probably another 15 hours at least. If it does, figure 10 to be safe.

Thanks for the info guys. I've just gone back and maxxed out Marie's S-Link now. Cost me a few days (it's now the 12th of December), but I think I've still got enough time to sort out
Adachi

At what point does Marie's dungeon become available to play? I know that the game extends as far as March, but is all of that time playable?

Dantis

They did these promo illustrations:

I've never seen any of these, haha! Cheers for posting them.

They're not as close to Soejima as the Labrys one, I don't think, but they're still really well done.

Looks like someone at Madhouse really likes Chie.

FluxWaveZ

Nah, it'll be:

My list isn't a guess; it's exactly how they've been putting out the trailers so far. Based on the character numbers on the PQ website and the order of appearance of characters on the website translating to their appearance in a weekly trailer, your list doesn't make any sense and mine does. It's why it was ridiculously easy to predict that today's would be Shinjiro and Yukiko.

I guess you're sticking with the idea that they're going with the order that they joined the team, but I am convinced that that's not how they're doing it. Guess we'll find out next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom