• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Couldn't disagree with you more!

SotC's ending is one of the greatest examples of dramatic irony, reincorporation, pathos and melancholy I've ever seen in anything ever, and it filled me with a deep sadness and emptiness the likes of which no other game aside from The Walking Dead has come close to replicating.

Also, how can the game hit its high note halfway through if the three most- loved Colossi in the game aren't fought until the second half?

Re: Malus,
although he 's not very exciting from a gameplay perspective, he's far from pathetic. As the fight goes on, he imitates the emotional state of the main character in the reverse order in which he experienced them, going from rage to pain to curiosity and wonder to grief, and this is all reflected without any dialogue or musical cues (the same somber tune plays the whole way through the fight).
It's one of the most thematically brilliant boss battles in gaming, and is worth fighting for that alone.

You can't diss my favourite game and get away without getting an earful!

My favorite part of SotC is definitely
the final boss, because when Aggro sacrifices herself for you, from there on out all I could think the entire battle was "Fuck Mono. Fuck humanity. Fuck the quest. THIS BASTARD KILLED MY HORSE." And then Aggro survives and I was like, YAY AGGRO!!

But if we're talking about the best ending to a video game, my vote goes to The Legend of Zelda, The Wind Waker. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has ever hit me the way
seeing the Hyrule of my childhood be destroyed for the sake of rebirth, and seeing King Daphnes stay behind. That line, "That Land will not be Hyrule" is the best line in the entirety of Zelda. Link trying desperately to reach the King's hand and failing to do so as the King lowers it in farewell. That was some grade A stuff right there.

I love that game, especially that ending.

Sophia

Nevermore Reincarnation is definitely the better version, but I have to disagree and say that Memories of You Reincarnation is easily the better song. The orchestral arrangement is just beautiful.

Oh I love the orchestral arrangement, but something feels a bit off about it. I hope they use it or a similar version for the final movie.

Jintor

It might be that the Never More interpretation relies heavily on you already knowing Never More and getting nostalgia'd. But all I can say is the first time I heard Reincarnation Never More, I cried.

kewlmyc

Can we at least all agree that the Reincarnation version of Never More is way better then the original and better then the Reincarnation version of P3's ending? I mean it was so awesome they used it in Persona 4 Golden.

I like the meaning of Memories of You more, but the melody of Never More is better.

I also like the original of Never More more than the Reincarnation version, but like the Memories of You Reincarnation more than the original.

Sophia

It might be that the Never More interpretation relies heavily on you already knowing Never More and getting nostalgia'd. But all I can say is the first time I heard Reincarnation Never More, I cried.

First time I heard it, I cried too. Mind you, I cry at everything so....

Nachos

I wouldn't expect it til mid March at this rate, as they'll most likely have trailers for Elizabeth, Theodore, Margaret, and Marie as well. I can't WAIT for GAF's reactions to Marie's trailer...

Yeah, it's weird. All the P4 outlines are in, and Kanji is in between Yukiko and Rise showing to be the next as they're even in order on that screen in terms of when they joined, but he's still a silhouette. Maybe they haven't "finalized" his look yet, even if we've already seen it and have seen it in game in some trailers?

Has there been anything to suggest that the velvet room attendants will be playable? This is the first I've heard of it mentioned as even a possibility.

But yeah, that is weird, especially considering they've already released his design in some form, and even if he were redesigned, I doubt they'd rework his 3D model.

Meia

Has there been anything to suggest that the velvet room attendants will be playable? This is the first I've heard of it mentioned as even a possibility.

But yeah, that is weird, especially considering they've already released his design in some form, and even if he were redesigned, I doubt they'd rework his 3D model.

They may not be playable, which makes it curios to see what their role is even going to be, but all of their outlines are definitely present.

I'm more pissed to see a Theodore option and no Minako, if I'm being honest.

Blondes in the Persona universe are creepy:

g7g4.png

Change Your Way is horrible.
Buddha you not alone in your love of Change Your Way, because I do too along with the rest of the Persona ending themes, though Change Your Way edges out slighty as my favorite. Though Flux why do you think it's horrible? Because I though it was a pretty good song and pretty fitting themeaticaly to EP ending.

Though I will say that their my favorite ending songs
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete(both Ending songs)
Rondo Light And Shadows(Ending)
Lucia's Theme(True Ending)
I love the singer's voice it's so beautiful, and although the lyrics aren't maybe the same as the Japanese version, it's still endearing in it's own way.

Solatorobo,
Re-CODA
Kinda obvious coming form me, but is such an awesome ending song

Couldn't disagree with you more!

SotC's ending is one of the greatest examples of dramatic irony, reincorporation, pathos and melancholy I've ever seen in anything ever, and it filled me with a deep sadness and emptiness the likes of which no other game aside from The Walking Dead has come close to replicating.

Also, how can the game hit its high note halfway through if the three most- loved Colossi in the game aren't fought until the second half?

Re: Malus,
although he 's not very exciting from a gameplay perspective, he's far from pathetic. As the fight goes on, he imitates the emotional state of the main character in the reverse order in which he experienced them, going from rage to pain to curiosity and wonder to grief, and this is all reflected without any dialogue or musical cues (the same somber tune plays the whole way through the fight).
It's one of the most thematically brilliant boss battles in gaming, and is worth fighting for that alone.

You can't diss my favourite game and get away without getting an earful!
Well since were talking about video game endings, I'll give my vote towards Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Solatorobo

Eternal Punishments hit me hard with it's ending
for it's one of the most bittersweet endings in video games ever. Despite Maya, Tatsuya, Ulala, Katsuya, and Baofu efforts in fixing everything that had happened in Innoncet Sin, and defeating Nyarlathotep, Other Side/IS Tatsuya still had to go to the other side. While his EP counterpart would take over from there, remembering nothing of what just happened. And Maya having to live on with her life knowing what happened then and there, but he wouldn't.
I also understand the meaning of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and the meaning behind the name.
In the beginning of the game, it meant that it was Maya's eternal punishment of not knowing what happened on the other side, and Tatsuya knowing full well of what happened on the other side. And by the end it was flipped to where Maya and co. know what happened in, but Tatsuya didn't. Thus having to carry the burden of knowing of what happened.

Solatorobo on the other hand just has an ending feels very sad and happy at the same time. In that over the course of the game
we learn that Red was a half-human/dog hybrid created by Merville and Baion along with being their son, along with having a brother and sister named Nero and Blanck. That benath the cloubs is Earth, before all of humanity was wiped off the planet and the parts of the planet rising up into the sky to form what it's know as now, and replaced by dogs and cats though RESET. And killing his two siblings, caused by the maddness of the ORDER of fullfilling Operation CODA(Continent Orientation Defloat Alignment) and setting everything in motion for CODA as well with the two Titano-Machina to rise to open up Tartaros into their world and bring about the demise of them.
And by the end
after the final battle with Baion, he admits defeat and congradulates his son, Red as being the greatest failure he'd ever seen(though I think he means it in more meaningful way than it sounds here),but that he sees the great potiental in Red to grow as a person. And Baion before Tartaros is destroyed says that he will always being watching.

FluxWaveZ

Damn. It's unusual for you to not back up your opinion like this. You must really hate it. :p

Hm, guess so. Listening to it now, I can't say I truly hated it when I first heard it upon finishing EP, but it's by far the worst Persona ending theme in my opinion. It's interesting that it actually uses fluent English for its lyrics and that it's a take on one of the game's main recurring songs, but I just don't like it. Don't know too much about music, so it's hard to elaborate as to why.

It's interesting how Kitajo specifically mentioned how they put a lot of effort into PQ's ending theme; eager to eventually hear it.

Dantis

Did he say that? That's pretty interesting.

I'm not sure how I'll feel about the soundtrack as a whole. Kitajoh can be really fucking hit and miss when it comes to Persona.

Jonnax

In Persona 4 Arena is it better to use the DPad or Joystick to move around? Just bought the game and I'm not too sure which I'm better at.

In Persona 4 Arena is it better to use the DPad or Joystick to move around? Just bought the game and I'm not too sure which I'm better at.

I mainly use the d-pad. But I can't do the inputs for the specials for some reason, so I normally swap between the two during the match.

Honestly though, it's best to use what you feel more comfortable with. None are better than each other, it's all down to you!

FluxWaveZ

Did he say that? That's pretty interesting.

I'm not sure how I'll feel about the soundtrack as a whole. Kitajoh can be really fucking hit and miss when it comes to Persona.

Yeah, in this interview:

Kitajo said:
On the sound side of things, from combat to fields, events to various other BGMs, they’re all full of songs I personally like. We also put a lot of effort into the game’s ending theme, so I really hope you guys enjoy Persona Q until the very end!”

Maybe Meguro will have more of an input concerning the game's music compared to something like P4A, or maybe not.

It's all about personal preference. If you're not used to playing with a joystick, getting one won't magically make you better. If you have a controller and that's what you're used to playing with, then use that.

Edit: Oh, I'm sorry. I understood "joystick" as "arcade stick." Uh, I guess have a better time performing quarter circle motions with the joystick, but I guess that would also be a question of preference.

Random thought: Thought this for a while, but this sounds like a main menu theme for Persona 2 Arena.

Nachos

They may not be playable, which makes it curios to see what their role is even going to be, but all of their outlines are definitely present.

I'm more pissed to see a Theodore option and no Minako, if I'm being honest.

Ah, okay. I just misunderstood you, since all of the trailers so far have been of playable characters. Still, I guess that's part of the reason why I'm feeling a bit burned out on the trailers -- they're not really offering much in the way of game mechanics or story details. If they do some trailers for non playable characters, I hope they'd offer a bit more story content.

And no worries. I doubt they'll forget about her, meaning that they'll just make her the equivalent of an Etrian-style 6th stratum boss and curb-stomp you. She'll become the new Demi-fiend. :D
;_; Good luck beating her.

It's all up to preference, but I prefer the D-pad, since it's all digital based for its input, meaning that it's usually a bit more precise

FluxWaveZ

Ah, okay. I just misunderstood you, since all of the trailers so far have been of playable characters. Still, I guess that's part of the reason why I'm feeling a bit burned out on the trailers -- they're not really offering much in the way of game mechanics or story details. If they do some trailers for non playable characters, I hope they'd offer a bit more story content.

If next week's is Fuuka and Rise's, which I'm almost completely certain it will be, then it might be a bit more compelling than the others so far.

PK Gaming

Hm, guess so. Listening to it now, I can't say I truly hated it when I first heard it upon finishing EP, but it's by far the worst Persona ending theme in my opinion. It's interesting that it actually uses fluent English for its lyrics and that it's a take on one of the game's main recurring songs, but I just don't like it. Don't know too much about music, so it's hard to elaborate as to why.
It was written and sung by a European (Elisha La'Vern), so it was composed in a completely different style from the other ending songs. Maybe that could explain your dislike for it?

Dantis

DO IT. Seriously, that'll look awesome, avatar or no!

I think so too! I'll have to make it real good to use it as an avatar, though, haha.

Maybe Meguro will have more of an input concerning the game's music compared to something like P4A, or maybe not.
Maybe. Both of the vocal ending songs he's done are excellent anyway, to be honest.

I think my main problem is that he has a very different sound from Meguro, and it feels a lot less varied and catchy to me.

Who knows though, maybe I'll like his PQ stuff more.

What is this game and where the hell can I play it?

That's a track from the preorder bonus. It isn't in any game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom