• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

So I finished Persona 4 (Golden) for the first time this morning.

Yeah, it's okay I guess

OMG ANNOUNCE PERSONA 5 ALREADY ATLUS PLEASE

Dantis

Because they hype is driving me crazy.

I can't help but notice the apparent redesign she's gone through in the P3 movie as well as Arena. At first I thought it was just the hair, but the portrait really looks different than the movie version as well.

In Arena it's down to two things:

Soejima's art has changed a lot since P3.

Arena uses a weird variation of Soejima's already different art.

I feel like the Arena one was on purpose. Convenient to look like the OTHER model/actress in the series, no?

Nope.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember the loooooooooooooooong wait between Eternal Punishment and 3. The darkest of days. I thought the whole series was dead.

Because they hype is driving me crazy.

In Arena it's down to two things:

Soejima's art has changed a lot since P3.

Arena uses a weird variation of Soejima's already different art.

Nope.

Why not? Why do you think it cant be so?

Also did you buy the doa casual clothes yet? Those dlc are actually good for once.

Ah, so close yet so far.

P9IOCy1.gif

Moonlight

Banned
B-but why? What do you people like about her, this is my experience with Yukari
Frankly, Yukari is about half the great first impression I got off of Persona 3 (the other half going to Junpei). Is she difficult? Certainly. But only as difficult as her circumstances. In Makoto, she finds someone she thinks she can reach out to, but also resents because of how he's apparently been able to get over the hump of his own loss. She aspires to be like her father, but hates the fact he left her. She's a selfish lover, but a lover all the same. She's a complicated person of complicated problems of distinctly personal value, which immediately had me recognize her more over characters like Mitsuru, who are very 'larger than life'. It's why I absolutely cannot agree with any criticisms that Yukari is 'boring', because her arc is absolutely one of the most interesting things to follow in P3, in my opinion - and so I'm not ragging on Mitsuru too hard (because I like her, I do!), the way their two characters converge late in the game is excellent.

also the best character design in P3

I think some of the credit goes to Ruff's stellar job voicing her, too. Along with Mignogna's performance as Junpei, she counts as a performance that really clicked and stuck with me from the very beginning.

Dantis

Why not? Why do you think it cant be so?

Also did you buy the doa casual clothes yet? Those dlc are actually good for once.
I mean, to be honest, it could be. The hair is similar. I guess the reason I don't think it is is because the new team don't really seem to care much about referencing the older games, and that would be a pretty heavy reference.

I'm literally just about to buy one of them, but I don't know whether to get Momiji's or Ayane's. I play as Momiji a lot more, but Ayane's steam-punk outfit is boss.

Do pairing scuffles count? There was one just a few pages ago. I was not one of the participants.

There was also the husbando battle in the last |OT|.

I'm reasonably sure that any 'battles' were done in jest.

Caladrius

Any chances of a fan translation?

The code was apparently a Frankensteinian monstrosity according to the people who did the fan translation for Innocent Sin PS1. Unless they drastically overhauled the code I doubt EP would be any easier to modify.

I'm reasonably sure that any 'battles' were done in jest.

Of... course they were...

: We were being honest but facetious.

Frankly, Yukari is about half the great first impression I got off of Persona 3 (the other half going to Junpei). Is she difficult? Certainly. But only as difficult as her circumstances. In Makoto, she finds someone she thinks she can reach out to, but also resents because of how he's apparently been able to get over the hump of his own loss. She aspires to be like her father, but hates the fact he left her. She's a selfish lover, but a lover all the same. She's a complicated person of complicated problems of distinctly personal value, which immediately had me recognize her more over characters like Mitsuru, who are very 'larger than life'. It's why I absolutely cannot agree with any criticisms that Yukari is 'boring', because her arc is absolutely one of the most interesting things to follow in P3, in my opinion - and so I'm not ragging on Mitsuru too hard (because I like her, I do!), the way their two characters converge late in the game is excellent.

also the best character design in P3

I think some of the credit goes to Ruff's stellar job voicing her, too. Along with Mignogna's performance as Junpei, she counts as a performance that really clicked and stuck with me from the very beginning.

You have moved my heart and changed my mind. To be honest I woulda' gone over some of my actual gripes about the character in my first post had it not been for the fact that I'm on mobile and it's too inconvenient to type.

I guess I was being harsh on her because her flaws remind me of someone I'd rather forget. But you're right she's more complicated than I gave her credit for, and overall a good character with a great design.
I actually agreed with her for the most part in The Answer, I just thought she coulda gone about it in a different way.
I still think that out of the main cast, she is probably the least interesting though, which is now less of a jab against her and more of praise for the whole cast

Couldn't play Persona 2 Innocent Sin at all, too busy with today's exam. Let's hope I don't fail it too horribly :/
I should finish it by next week if the gods allow. How is the last dungeon?

So I finished Persona 4 (Golden) for the first time this morning.

Yeah, it's okay I guess

OMG ANNOUNCE PERSONA 5 ALREADY ATLUS PLEASE

Yay! We got another victi.. *ehm* fan! :D
Glad you liked it! Now let's all wait together to crash and burn in three days, eleven hours and fiftysix minutes! :)

Well I was already a fan of Persona 3. 4 just wasn't clicking with me for some reason. And then it did!

Yeah it does that sometimes, it takes a while for some people to get fully involved.

*Persona 4 spoilers follow*

In my case it was during Yukiko's rescue mission. Fairly early in the game, yes, but believe me when I say that I really didn't want to play the game when it came out.
Nothing about it inspired me, from the characters to the setting and even the overall design (that focus on yellow... a color that I once hated with all my might)
Then I just decided to get it *because it's Persona*, started the game expecting 60, ended up getting 95 :3

It's not very good. Keep the guide close. There's some interesting stuff that happens in it, though.

:(

Gazoinks

Couldn't play Persona 2 Innocent Sin at all, too busy with today's exam. Let's hope I don't fail it too horribly :/
I should finish it by next week if the gods allow. How is the last dungeon?

It's long, but I didn't find it particularly teddious. Of course, nothing compares in a game that features the Bomb Shelter!

Persona 4 spoilers:
For me the part that hooked me was the very first boss fight, Yosuke's shadow. It was my very first persona game and the concept of shadows intrigued me more than any other concept of any game, probably ever. That's when I decided that I needed to throw my anime prejudices away and enjoy this great game.

Emitan

The first time I played I stopped after
Yukiko's dungeon
. It was my first Persona game (and SMT game) and I found all the time management and how many things I could do each day really stressful. For some reason I picked up P3P a year or so later and loved the game so much I blasted through it in a week.

Tried to get into P4 some more and every playthrough would stop in
the video game dungeon
. My Golden save had been sitting there for months until the Persona 5/something announcement thing happened and I decided to finally finish the game.

Don't ask me why I bought the Vita port of a game I didn't even like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom