• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Wasn't on GAF, this time reddit.

People talk so much shit about GAF's community being junk, but lord almighty--places like r/games are so needlessly aggressive.

Lunar15

I really do have to say, this kind of reveal is perfect for a series that's about the power of rumors and social deception.

Moonlight

Banned
Why do people keep saying this? Is it really too hard to accept that this might actually be a game this time?
Because it makes them cool, I think.

Atlus is not spending all this time and money on a fucking concert tour.

Pessimism and realism are not always the same thing.

Aww, I wanna be cool too!

P5 confirmed to be next-gen Rock Band. Now you're the Meguro! Take the music festival on the go with exclusive Vita touch controls!

Moonlight

Banned
Aww, I wanna be cool too!

P5 confirmed to be next-gen Rock Band. Now you're the Meguro! Take the music festival on the go with exclusive Vita touch controls!
...y'know, I'd actually want a game like that, no joke. A rhythm game with Persona songs would be amazing.

Squire

Banned

It's a real downer on what I honestly think is one of the coolest reveals this generation.

Dr. Buni

I am okay with returning characters, as long as the playable cast is entirely (or mostly, like in P2) new.
Other than his manufactured reasons for killing Saki, He's alright.
Adachi is a scumbag, not going to deny that, but overall his character was very memorable to me.

Levito

Banned
Why do people keep saying this? Is it really too hard to accept that this might actually be a game this time?

It just comes from people being pessimists.

People that also say "I told you so" after something doesn't get announced prance around like their words have true worth.

Well what about Persona 2 then? That featured a lot of returning Persona 1 characters.

P2 has a unique circumstance though, for a variety of reasons.

Also not every sequel is going to yield Crystal Skull results of course, but still--there's no need to drag things on simply because they can be.

Regginator3

Neo Member
It just comes from people being pessimists.

People that also say "I told you so" after something doesn't get announced prance around like their words have true worth.

P2 has a unique circumstance though, for a variety of reasons.

Also not every sequel is going to yield Crystal Skull results of course, but still--there's no need to drag things on simply because they can be.
That's the thing though, Persona 5 with P3/4 characters (or call it P4-2, or whatever) could have its own unique circumstances. We don't know yet.

Dr. Buni

Nah, Him being a scumbag wasn't the issue. It's just that there was no reason to kill Saki whatsoever for his character. Mayumi, I can understand why.
There was no reason for his character, but I'd say there was for Yosuke's. Saki's death had an impact on his development through the game.

I really do have to say, this kind of reveal is perfect for a series that's about the power of rumors and social deception.
Yeah it's kinda funny, and the Midnight Channel thing is pretty cool. Maybe could even say all these pessimists are being like [P3 end spoilers]
the people wishing for The Fall :p.

Acid08

Banned
Chie's new voice isn't getting any better for me. So inconsistent.

I like the scooter stuff in P4G too, having a new area to go to is great. The event when you first get to Okina :lololol

Also happy to have Kanji in my party and Yosuke out. Fuck you Yosuke.

Regginator3

Neo Member
Am I the only person who prefers Chie's new voice for Arena/Golden massively? I always felt her old voice actress was wrong for the point, though.

Moonlight

Banned
Am I the only person who prefers Chie's new voice for Arena/Golden massively? I always felt her old voice actress was wrong for the point, though.
By and large I prefer Erin's performance, although I'll say that her "DEEEEELICIOUS" soundbyte is not pleasant to listen to by any means.

P5 spoilers below:

2ElqLtf.gif

"No! You're not me!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom