• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think the development for P4A2 is... lazy? Seems like 90% of it is same art, same sprites, same moves, same assets. You'd think for a sequel they'd change more. Don't think I could justify another $60 if it came to consoles.

Daimaou

Anyone else think the development for P4A2 is... lazy? Seems like 90% of it is same art, same sprites, same moves, same assets. You'd think for a sequel they'd change more. Don't think I could justify another $60 if it came to consoles.

It's par for fighting games, especially ASW ones.

FluxWaveZ

Er... What do you expect from a fighting game sequel?

Well there is also double the roster now, with everyone having a shadow version, who have different animations and new art.

The shadow characters also have different moves right? Or are they the identical to the original?

Sophia

Redoing 2D fighting game sprites is not exactly cheap, and there's zero reason to ditch what they already have.

See how much money Skullgirls required to add new characters? Then remember that they did Shadow versions of each characters + at least two new ones and suddenly doesn't seem lazy at all anymore. :p

Well there is also double the rooster now, with everyone having a shadow version, who have different animations and new art.

The shadow characters also have different moves right? Or are they the identical to the original?

They have different gameplay mechanics than their normal counterparts (they can't do ________ like the normies can but they can do this other thing, I don't know the specifics because I don't know fighting games, jack).

Levito

Banned

Couldn't you say that for most Capcom fighting games as well?

Well there is also double the rooster now, with everyone having a shadow version, who have different animations and new art.

I'm pretty sure they're the same. Guess they didn't care about the whole "Shadows and Personas can't coexist" thing.

FluxWaveZ

I'm pretty sure they're the same. Guess they didn't care about the whole "Shadows and Personas can't coexist" thing.

Oh, you mean like in Persona 2 and what they covered in Persona 4 Arena?

And no, they're not the same gameplay wise. You don't seem to care about how they're different, so I'll just say that the normal versions are more defensive while Shadows are more aggressive.

Daimaou

Really? P4A was my first (and only) fighting game. Still, hopefully its not full price. Easier development should mean lower price, right?

Depends on if they treat it as a sequel or a revision. Revisions tend to be closer to the original game's release and aren't full price. You still pay premium for sequels.

Oh, you mean like in Persona 2 and what they covered in Persona 4 Arena?

And no, they're not the same gameplay wise. You don't seem to care about how they're different, so I'll just say that the normal versions are more defensive while Shadows are more aggressive.

Well yeah, I meant same moves. I know shadow characters do less damage and have shadow fury, while normal have bursts.

Got to be careful here, have you played Persona 2?
The shadows in P2 were created by Nyarlathotep and are not like the ones from P4

No, I haven't. I was just going off of what is sain in P4, Arena, and the Animation.

Marche90

^You take everything seriously, buddy :p

I haven't been able to log in as much as I would have liked, especially this week, but certainly there's something on my mind now...

C0VVzIi.png

j/k. And to everyone that I haven't been able to greet properly, welcome and enjoy your stay in the madmen's house thread; is nice to have a lot of new people here. It will be amazing to see this thread the day of the reveal (and the IRC, and maybe skype)

Pirabear

Banned
Did Devil Survivor 2: Break Record release yet? Feel like the impending Persona 5 announcement isn't going to do that game any favors.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I breezed through Arena's story mode, the walls of non-spoken text kind of turned me off.

It's cool, I never made the connection myself till someone from this thread told me (it's been a long time since I played Persona 2). There is also one difference that the shadows from Persona 2 have that are not present in the shadows in P4A2.
They have red eyes in P2
but this is most likely a style choice.

^You take everything seriously, buddy :p

I haven't been able to log in as much as I would have liked, especially this week, but certainly there's something on my mind now...

C0VVzIi.png

j/k. And to everyone that I haven't been able to greet properly, welcome and enjoy your stay in the madmen's house thread; is nice to have a lot of new people here. It will be amazing to see this thread the day of the reveal (and the IRC, and maybe skype)

That was my exact reaction coming into OT3 :(

Though that isn't to say I don't like all the new Persona fans!

Andrefpvs

cj_iwakura

Awesome, I it love when people take their personal time to make a game that wouldn't eventually be localized more accessible. It's really appreciated.

Atlus localizing Aquapazza kind of makes me wonder why no one has localized the 360 version(ha ha ha ha) of Ougon. Umineko's manga and anime(blech) are pretty popular here.

Kazzy

Why do people keep saying this? Is it really too hard to accept that this might actually be a game this time?

If I had to guess, it's because everyone likes to be excited, but not as much as they are afraid of being disappointed. Plausible deniability.

I don't appreciate the soothsayers though. There's absolutely nothing to prove in that regard.

Squire

Banned
If I had to guess, it's because everyone likes to be excited, but not as much as they are afraid of being disappointed. Plausible deniability.

I don't appreciate the soothsayers though. There's absolutely nothing to prove in that regard.

Soothsaying != picking up and putting together context clues. Which I think is the whole point of this teaser.

Even still, guessing at what it could be is much more interesting than fretting over what it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom