• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. There will be a male and female MC, the one you don't choose becomes your first party member.

A lot of folks are under the impression that SMT4 was initially conceived to have this feature, but it was scrapped during development when the bosses said "No Girl Heroes." I don't expect it'll be the case here, because Persona is more personality driven than SMT, unless they play it like the IS flashback scenes in EP and just have the other protagonist parrot the lines of the player's protagonist. Which, eh.

Soriku

Water is already in Persona 2 as "Aqua".

Didn't know that. They should bring it back.

A lot of folks are under the impression that SMT4 was initially conceived to have this feature, but it was scrapped during development when the bosses said "No Girl Heroes." I don't expect it'll be the case here, because Persona is more personality driven than SMT, unless they play it like the IS flashback scenes in EP and just have the other protagonist parrot the lines of the player's protagonist. Which, eh.

I get the feeling that the Persona team would still favor a male protagonist.

Tera was never an element in Persona, that was Digital Devil Saga. Persona's earth element was Magna.

Zan was in Persona 1 as Force/Impact and in P2 as Almighty (a lot of the elements from P1 got shoehorned into P2 as Almighty). Garu has always been Wind in the series.

Aqua was in P2 as the water element.

P1 had Nuclear (Frei/Megido)/Force (Zan)/Gravity (Gry)/Electricity (Zio)/Fire (Agi)/Ice (Bufu)/Wind (Garu)/Earth (Magna) and a bunch of dumb, unnecessary Light/Dark subtypes.

Daimaou

Hehe which one of the 4 (or six for you old schoolers) elements is you're favorite P-GAF?

I'ma go with Bufu (or Aqua)

Nuclear.

P1 had Nuclear (Frei/Megido)/Force (Zan)/Gravity (Gry)/Electricity (Zio)/Fire (Agi)/Ice (Bufu)/Wind (Garu)/Earth (Magna) and a bunch of dumb, unnecessary Light/Dark subtypes.

Don't forget the million weapon and phys attack types. (Tech, Rush, Special, Sword, 2 Hand Sword, Fist, Axe, Spear, Whip, Thrown, Bow, Gun)

Don't forget the million weapon and phys attack types.

There's 14 weapon/attack types (12 weapons types + two unarmed types), 17 magic types (4 major types with 4 subtypes each, plus Hieroglyphein). "Gun" is actually divided into Rifle, Handgun, Machine gun and Shotgun categories.

Of course, like most things in P1, it's completely irrelevant (A) non-magic is almost 100% pointless and (B) hitting a weakness doesn't give you any sort of strategic bonus like it does in this post-SMT3 world.

Anyone want to play a game of prediction making?

Sure, why not. Just to be clear, none of this is based on anything, and was pulled straight out of my bum.

1: We'll either get to choose between MC and feMC, or there will only be a female protagonist. I'm leaning toward the latter.

2: Someone from the P4 cast will be making a cameo, probably Teddie.

3: Earth-element will return.

4: The party's personae will be based on Egyptian mythology.

5: Nyarly will be more directly involved in the plot than in 3/4.

Daimaou

There's 14 weapon/attack types (12 weapons types + two unarmed types), 17 magic types (4 major types with 4 subtypes each, plus Hieroglyphein). "Gun" is actually divided into Rifle, Handgun, Machine gun and Shotgun categories.

I think the guns all did the same type of damage, but just had different targeting ranges.

Edit: I say this because all the other physical types had their own associated skills for persona to use, but there was only one category of gun skills for persona.

Trigger

Guys, I'm getting too excited for this announcement tomorrow and I feel like I'm going to get burned.

We're getting something pretty big. I don't think anyone is going to get burned this time. Would they really go this far for a mobile game? A rerelease of something old?

I think the guns all did the same type of damage, but just had different targeting ranges.

Edit: I say this because all the other physical types had their own associated skills for persona to use, but there was only one category of gun skills for persona.

Nah, it's different types. Yomotsu Shikome, for example, is weak to rifles and neutral to the rest of the gun types.

Anyone want to play a game of prediction making?

My predictions.

1). We will have the return of a Female or Male MC

2). The music and theme will be more Rock less Bubblegum-pop

3). We will see the return of demons

4). It will be a less isolated setting

5). Your choices will have an impact on the story (Think Mass Effect)

Sorian

Banned
We're getting something pretty big. I don't think anyone is going to get burned this time. Would they really go this far for a mobile game? A rerelease of something old?

I don't even know what I want anymore though. It's always been P5 but then a 4-2 of some sort sounds really awesome too and, thought it may be a re-release, my mind has been reeling since someone said they were hoping for a P1 and P2 in updated graphics. My life is a lie. Hold me GAF.

Jintor

1LeYfJW.jpg

My predictions.
2). The music and theme will be more Rock less Bubblegum-pop

5). Your choices will have an impact on the story (Think Mass Effect)

I sure hope so

3). We will see the return of demons
will never happen

edit: I really hope they don't make persona real time, I think it'll most likely be garbarge. I have no faith that Atlus would be able to deliver a real time battle system.

If "New Personas are Chinese mythology" just means new to the series then also circle that, but if it means the main cast will be Chinese-themed then no. SMT4 was already weirdly racist about Chinese folks, I don't want to see that here.

I am extrapolating "new aigis unit" to mean "will include a new robot girl" and "miku appears" to be "there will be a miku costume." OTOH I do not count P1 and P2 character costumes as those characters appearing, but I do not anticipate that happening anyway.

Sorian

Banned
If "New Personas are Chinese mythology" just means new to the series then also circle that, but if it means the main cast will be Chinese-themed then no. SMT4 was already weirdly racist about Chinese folks, I don't want to see that here.

I am extrapolating "new aigis unit" to mean "will include a new robot girl" and "miku appears" to be "there will be a miku costume." OTOH I do not count P1 and P2 character costumes as those characters appearing, but I do not anticipate that happening anyway.

Plot twist, Chie was actually a robot girl the entire time.

PK Gaming

Personasama owns

Damn that would have been something.

Daimaou

Wait, what?

Igor is in the P3 movie. Don't think they'll ditch him just because his old VA died.

They're just using the voice assets from the game anyway ala P4 the animation.

And it's surprising that Ohio really was the epicenter of madness lol XD

Mind explaining...some of us *cough* Europe *cough* hasn't had the chance to play it...

Wait, what?

There's a real life stereotype that Ikebukuro has a large Chinese population. So in the game, you know, you get there and
there's a Chinese demon that took it over, and it's honestly one of the bigger jerks in the game for being such a bit player in the overall storyline, and you even have NPCs in and around Ikebukuro lamenting the fact that a foreign demon took over the district. Which, I mean, like 90% of the demons in the game would be considered foreign, you know? It just seemed like a weird thing for them to point out and draw attention to, you know?

Daimaou

There's a real life stereotype that Ikebukuro has a large Chinese population. So in the game, you know, you get there and
there's a Chinese demon that took it over, and it's honestly one of the bigger jerks in the game for being such a bit player in the overall storyline, and you even have NPCs in and around Ikebukuro lamenting the fact that a foreign demon took over the district.

Well now, that's thinly veiled, isn't it?

Trigger

there's a Chinese demon that took it over, and it's honestly one of the bigger jerks in the game for being such a bit player in the overall storyline, and you even have NPCs in and around Ikebukuro lamenting the fact that a foreign demon took over the district. Which, I mean, like 90% of the demons in the game would be considered foreign, you know? It just seemed like a weird thing for them to point out and draw attention to, you know?

Oh my

I hadn't heard anything about this.

Lunar15

Personasmas Eve!

Also, I'm probably going to go to bed at a normal time but set an alarm to go off around 5:30 or so. Will people be in the irc? If so, what's the link to that, I've still never been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom