• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

I don't remember Junpei being so sexist. Maybe because I'm female this time? Luckily Mitsuru exists.

BZy2YG1IAAAiKmF.jpg

marcod

Hey, if Persona 4-2 was announced, how would the social links work? We already learned everything about the characters in P4 through social links and its not like they can regurgitate that for the next game. They could add on to the characters, but it probably won't be nearly as interesting as the links in P4.

This is all of course, hypothetical. They're probably gonna announce P5.

Trigger

Anyone think they'll eventually resolve the storyline about
P3MC being the great seal
?

I'd rather they not. The story already has closure.
I liked the bittersweet nature of the ending. If Makoto/FeMC ever stopped being the Great Seal or whatever, I expect shit to go down. No shortcuts to a magic happy ending.

Venfayth

Hey, if Persona 4-2 was announced, how would the social links work? We already learned everything about the characters in P4 through social links and its not like they can regurgitate that for the next game. They could add on to the characters, but it probably won't be nearly as interesting as the links in P4.

This is all of course, hypothetical. They're probably gonna announce P5.

new mc

I'd rather they not. The story already has closure.
I liked the bittersweet nature of the ending. If Makoto/FeMC ever stopped being the Great Seal or whatever, I expect shit to go down. No shortcuts to a magic happy ending.

Yeah, I thought they'd leave it alone, but Elizabeth's story in P4A hinted at Atlus wanting to resolve it.

Squire

Banned
Funky College Student Who Comes Home On Weekends,

It'd be pretty meta if in the storyline he was an up-and-coming rapper and one of his social links was Lotus Juice.

But we need to go deeper

He also studies abroad in the states for a year and interns at CBS studios where he interns for GiantBomb forming S. Links with them as well.

It'd be pretty meta if in the storyline he was an up-and-coming rapper and one of his social links was Lotus Juice.

But we need to go deeper

He also studies abroad in the states for a year and interns at CBS studios where he interns for GiantBomb forming S. Links with them as well.

He's the one that finally convinces them to do the Endurance Run for Persona 5.

Trigger

I hope so. Everyone else seems to think that touching on this is a grave story error but
I want to see p3 main character get to rest in peace. He deserves it. Plus Elizabeth seems pretty likely to do something drastic to save him.

Let's assume there are still people out there who haven't completed P3. :p

There's nothing to suggest that the Makoto is in pain or anything. He seems quite at peace with what has happened to him.

todd360

Let's assume there are still people out there who haven't completed P3. :p

There's nothing to suggest that the Makoto is in pain or anything. He seems quite at peace with what has happened to him.

Oh crap i'm sorry man. I'll put spoiler tags on it.
Does he really seem to be at peace though? Isn't he holding back evil. Just chilling in the void? Sounds super boring.

cjkeats

Anyone ever think of an enemy system? Or rivals? Letting us go the opposite direction with social links?

I think I remember a cool idea before being when a S Link reverses that person becomes a rival of sorts. That would be cool.
They could like come interfere with your other S Links. Steal your girl. Stuff like that.

Caladrius

Has any final Persona villain actually tried to rule the world as opposed to just destroying it because they're dicks?

Not because they're dicks, they're just P3/4 spoilers [SPPILER:]manifestations of the human subconscious that know of nothing else[/SPOILER]. Except for that one guy we don't talk about.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Before waking up to a world where P5 exists, I just want to predict that the game will be on PS4. I base this upon the fact that Atlus made their own engine for it, and it makes no sense to me why they would invest the money into making it at the end of the PS3 era where they won't get much use out of it.

If P5 is on PS4, we would be in the same situation as back in the PS2 era, where Atlus had the tools to quickly produce a lot of quality titles, and even new IP. Maybe we will see a return to that, perhaps with Deviliser.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, well, we will see later today. In any case, the announcement should put the platform war to an end.

To sum up: P5 on PS4 and on their own engine would be a long term investment I think.

Trigger

Anyone ever think of an enemy system? Or rivals? Letting us go the opposite direction with social links?

The social links as a whole need to become more dynamic.

Oh crap i'm sorry man. I'll put spoiler tags on it.
Does he really seem to be at peace though? Isn't he holding back evil. Just chilling in the void? Sounds super boring.

Well, we're never told what things are like from his perspective at that point. I always assumed he could express to the others if he was under some form of stress or experiencing sadness. He passes away pretty pleasantly and his form as the Great Seal looks calm.

I suppose Makoto rejecting his status as the great seal would make for an interesting plot.

Caladrius

See, it's actually really deep, if you think about it.

I've always loved how the core Persona games have constantly been about battling self-destructive forces by taking advantage of the strengths of the human subconscious (in the most literal way possible.) Every Persona game is about achieving the pinnacle of human potential through personal growth, inquiry and embracing community to overcome the seemingly impossible flaws and forces of the species. It takes the three main pillars of a good RPG story and sees to it that they tie damn well together into stories that, while themselves are not particularly novel and oftentmes are rough around the edges, are very cohesive and compelling.

This is also why I'm not too hot on criticizing the spinoffs for story reasons, because there's no way the amount of thought of the main series is given is ever going to be approached in the constraints that they have to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom