• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was certainly a roller coaster. So many emotions, I was worried that David Cage had infiltrated the IRC. But Persona 5 got announced, so we're finally free emancipated from the uncertainty.

PQ looks... interesting. I've never really gotten into Etrian Odyssey, but I'd say this will probably change that. Definitely not canon to the Personaverse, if for no other reasons than
Shinji, Makoto, Yu having his second year pin... again.
. Heard some new music from Meguro in there, though, so that's probably what I'm most hyped for on that front. Art style is no bueno, though.

Ultimax on PS3? Yes please. Also: oh, hello
Adachi. It's funny, I'm actually working on a P4A-style wallpaper for Adachi just as the announcement happened. Not official sprites, but I think you'll like it.

P4D. Well, I love rhythm games, and was actually talking about a possible Thearhythm Persona earlier this week. I'll definitely pick this one up, so I hope they jam pack it full of music... and try not to kill me with DLC tracks, Atlus.

And then, finally, Persona 5. Not much to say given the teaser, but I do like the darker feel I was getting from it. Definitely doesn't seem to be as upbeat as P4, but again there's just not much to go on. Trailer was really well done, though.

Man, what a ride. Thanks PersonaGAF, you guys are incredible. What a fun morning, even if there were some pretty deep lows there for a while. In the end, though...

shut_up_and_burn_my_dread__by_darkside989-d6u3i02.jpg

Yeah the 3DS stuff seem a lot more unnecessary and that saying a lot considering they releasing dancing game.

Literally all of this is unnecessary. Not one single game shown off in detail is necessary. They're a bunch of silly spin-offs because HEY Y'ALL AREN'T TIRED OF THE P3/P4 CASTS YET ARE YOU GOOD.

Well that was an intriguing little teaser for P5!

Can't say I'm sold on Persona Q though, will have to know more about it first. Not a fan of art style but whatevs... Looking forward to Arena 2 though!

Soriku

A series known for amazing art turned into what looks like standard Japanese browser game affair.

Soejima is actually doing the art for the 3DS game according to duckroll. Lol. Edit: Well he might not be credited for anything new I guess...

You guys think Winter 2014 means Q1 2014 or Q4 2014?

Venfayth

A lot of the negativity started when people thought "this is the game they've been teasing" - assuming they wouldn't get Persona 5. Give it time to die down.

Edit: Also, OF COURSE crossover Atlus games may not share vanilla Atlus art stylistically, it's a one off side game, so it's not really a big deal if it's not traditional art.

I came for P5, I got P5. Not gonna be salty here. We already live in a world where there was "P4 Slot". They can do what they want in their spinoff games as long as the mainline series goes on and continues doing new things.

That's a very positive viewpoint...Too bad I can't share it :(. I guess its human nature, when Life gives you something good, you don't just sit there and let it be destroyed by going "eh, I'll wait for the next good thing to come." I mean, yeah the hype for Persona 5 is overtaking the sadness at chibisona and the dancing game right now, but I know that as soon as the high wears off there'll just be a chibi and dancing filled abyss.

Just noticed

FeMC not got mixed in this dreadful stuff, YISS

because not canon.

dkoy

I will buy all of it. Arena 2 because it's fun. P4D because I like rhythm games as well so a Persona music (and maybe other SMT music?) rhythm game is a no-brainer. Persona Q just because (and I need a reason to buy a 3DS for all them other goodies).

Haters gonna hate but overall I'm happy and had lots of fun with this stream of announcements. Because of P5.

I just realized that they didn't reveal a P3 remake. Still hoping for that, but with four new Persona-related titles coming, they can wait a bit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is it about video games that's silly to 'take seriously?' Just seems like such an odd, dismissive thing to say about people not happy with the direction of a series. Like, that kind of thinking is why the medium isn't taken as seriously as others.

If PQ is like EO, you think characters will be tied to classes? Kanji and Shinjiro will be like bearserker classe, naoto, yukari, and such will be rangers, yosuke and Koromaru will be speed characters or something.

I just realized that they didn't reveal a P3 remake. Still hoping for that, but with four new Persona-related titles coming, they can wait a bit.

Atlus could have probably made 4000x more money if they had made this instead of the dancing game...

What is it about video games that's silly to 'take seriously?' Just seems like such an odd, dismissive thing to say about people not happy with the direction of a series. Like, that kind of thinking is why the medium isn't taken as seriously as others.

QFT

Taruranto

Gotta wonder whatever Cozy Okada, Satomi Tasashi and Kaneko had any idea of what they would end up creating when they made the original Persona.

Looks like I have to keep a last-gen console til 2015. Slightly disappointed that after a date that was hyped for months, only a small teaser was shown.

With that said, all the games seem great. Makes you wonder when they'll give up P3/4.

Daimaou

For starters, this isn't even affecting the direction of the series. They're random one-offs because Atlus wants to have some fun with their IP. Which, gasp, is entirely in their rights to do so.

Secondly, there's a difference between saying "I don't like this" and "OMG THIS IS GARBAGE ATLUS IS JUST TRYING TO CASH IN FADASGSDGFDGS." If you don't like something, don't buy it. It's really that simple. There's no reason to shit all over something just because it's not what you're interested in from the series.

Lunar15

Well, I'm going back to bed. Thanks for the ride, PersonaGAF. Special thanks to Sophia for holding the stream.

All I can say about the salt is that it's silly and misplaced. I think if anything we should just be happy that the P5 teaser hit the tone I think everyone's looking for, at least so far. It's good to know that Hashino and his team are, for the most part, working above all of that. All of the key players (Hashino, Meguro, Soejima) are working on what counts, and I don't think there's any reason to let some spinoffs ruin that. Life's too short to focus on negligible negatives when the goal is literally right there. We did it, P5 is coming. Don't ruin it for yourselves.

Protag

Banned
Looks like I have to keep a last-gen console til 2015. Slightly disappointed that after a date that was hyped for months, only a small teaser was shown.

With that said, all the games seem great. Makes you wonder when they'll give up P3/4.

But then we'll aee a vita version, and twoo additional re-releases, so dont worry.

Also, this better had come over here, dont want no ghost of a company (sega) to stand in the way of localization, Atlus said it would be bussiness as usual anyway.

It seems silly to judge harshly games that you haven't played yet, is all. I mean, I got kinda mad in the announce thread when PQ came up but that's because I didn't know they'd be announcing more games.

Not 100% on Atlus' financials, but the way I see it, these side games can be fun little diversions that take advantage of a strong IP and pay the bills for a dev that was owned by a company that went bankrupt. If it helps them stick around and fund more excellent mainline games, I have no problem with that. Just see it as a side story if it makes you feel better, and get hype.

Logash

I'm most excited that it is only a year away. That means info will be spilled out all year until it's release.

fertygo

Btw Emancipation? FeMC only? (Like P4, MC only)
I know that word not exclusive for female movement, but maybe they gonna touch Japan's sexism as theme.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All the main characters are chairs
tumblr_mwrok0cLDd1qhjm2zo1_500.png

Chair-sona

Btw Emancipation? FeMC only? (Like P4, MC only)
I know that word not exclusive for female movement, but maybe they gonna touch Japan's sexism as theme.

lol. I'd love Atlus to touch on sexism. The same company that writes all their female so desperate to please the main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom