• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want them to go outside the sphere of comfort. Like, Gaelic deitys. Make Tir Na Nog the new Tartarus, or a dungeon, make Celtic gods involved too if you have too, hell even just go to freaking Norse mythology if you have too. Just something other than another "Hero must find his lost love in the underworld."

Lol what about Slavic?

Dazhbog, Perun, Veles, Triglav. Those are my homies.

Sophia

I want to say they're a combination of metaphorical (They're not literally chained) and real (They can't escape from whatever bad fate is coming towards them.)

I want to say they're a combination of metaphorical (They're not literally chained) and real (They can't escape from whatever bad fate is coming towards them.)

Troubled teens that feel trapped in a situation that they're massively uncomfortable with on a personal level?

OH PERSONA HOW I MISSED YOU!

The P5 characters have witnessed what happened to the P4 cast and are desperate to escape that same fate of constantly being rehashed and trotted out and milked.

Their ultimate weapon, enslaving the populace with 23 hours of characters wandering around accomplishing nothing of real value.

Sounds like most of the Slink grinding to me!

Dr. Buni

Did you guys not play Persona 4? Where pretty much every female character except Ai is easily pleased by you and pretty much worships the ground your character walks on?
That really depends on how you handle your social links ;) Also the female Persona 4 cast do not equal "every female in the series".

Andrefpvs

Marie is in the Persona Q trailer! I hope everyone can contain their excitement :D

fnEQp6q.png

I was really disappointed by PersonaQ. This was literally a nightmare for Persona fans. It is on 3DS, was a continuation of Person3/4, and is supposedly some sort of childrens' game.

I was happy with what we saw of Persona Ultimax Suplex Hold, although I'm a tad disappointed that we won't have it on PS4 with Xrd Sign.

I laughed my ass off at Danching all Night. I am ready for Swag Swag Narukami v. Funky Student dance battles.

I'm excited for Persona 5, but I really wanna see characters so that I can draw all of the fan art. None the less, I think I have some ideas concerning theme:

So we know that the theme of Persona 5 is going to have something to do with imprisonment. Considering the trends of society over the past five years, our original guesses often had a lot to do with cellular technology and the massive proliferation of the internet. I think that the original speculation wasn't far off, and that Persona 5 is going to deal with the way that which we are shackled down by our fascination with the internet. We spend so much time living vicariously through other people. We come home, we sit at our computers, and we watch other people do things that we could be doing ourselves. We are too afraid to unshackle ourselves from our ability to experience things second hand, so that we can live for ourselves.

That's just my speculation, I hope you guys like it.

Edit:
Anyone else think Sho and the two from that 3DS spin-off are actually part the main party in P5?

I hope not... I'm alright with Narukami's edgy, Mexican cousin, but he doesn't look like a very interesting character...

Sophia

The P5 characters have witnessed what happened to the P4 cast and are desperate to escape that same fate of constantly being rehashed and trotted out and milked.

What a horrible fate!

I am totally interested in Persona Q however. That is gonna be a must buy for my 3DS if it's the Etrian Odyssey team.

Soriku

It's a little too soon to tell but the teaser makes me think this'll be a darker game.

Also I've literally been up this whole time, gotta sleep now lol. Yay for Thanksgiving break.

I was really disappointed by PersonaQ. This was literally a nightmare for Persona fans. It is on 3DS, was a continuation of Person3/4, and is supposedly some sort of childrens' game.

I was happy with what we saw of Persona Ultimax Suplex Hold, although I'm a tad disappointed that we won't have it on PS4 with Xrd Sign.

I laughed my ass off at Danching all Night. I am ready for Swag Swag Narukami v. Funky Student dance battles.

I'm excited for Persona 5, but I really wanna see characters so that I can draw all of the fan art. None the less, I think I have some ideas concerning theme:

So we know that the theme of Persona 5 is going to have something to do with imprisonment. Considering the trends of society over the past five years, our original guesses often had a lot to do with cellular technology and the massive proliferation of the internet. I think that the original speculation wasn't far off, and that Persona 5 is going to deal with the way that which we are shackled down by our fascination with the internet. We spend so much time living vicariously through other people. We come home, we sit at our computers, and we watch other people do things that we could be doing ourselves. We are too afraid to unshackle ourselves from our ability to experience things second hand, so that we can live for ourselves.

That's just my speculation, I hope you guys like it

I think it'll deal a lot with how we're completely dependent on technology for our social connections. And why I think S-links will be more plot important in this one, is that they're the attempt to break away from the prison that is digital reliance. I think the same can be said with the gathering of information, so if it's another "Investigation team" type of group, they'll have to use natural deduction and actual investigation rather than just googling that shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That really depends on how you handle your social links ;) Also the female Persona 4 cast do not equal "every female in the series".

Mitsuru's spine turns to jelly as soon as you go down the lovers path with her. I don't know about Yukari. The other female interests in P3 seem eager to approach your character and 'oh whoops dating-like scenarios frequently happen to us. you're so cool'

Anyone else think Sho and the two from that 3DS spin-off are actually part the main party in P5?

No.

• Q is a spin-off, it is not a continuation of P3/P4.
  • Persona is already a series for children.

How exactly? Just because of the art style? lol

More or less. The whole game seems so out of character for Atlus, it's the only thing that comes to mind.
  • Q is a spin-off, it is not a continuation of P3/P4.
  • Persona is already a series for children.

Would you consider it a game for children? I always thought that Persona's themes were a bit to mature for a younger audience.

dkoy

I'm guessing everyone noticed Sho doesn't have a Persona? WHAT COULD THIS MEAN!?

He does, and he used it tons of times

Edit: that screenshot is weird, but he definitely had a Persona during the footage

Pretty sure in a scene where he's fighting junpei he ended up pulling tresmegistos out somehow, so my guess is maybe he uses his opponent's persona? (which brings up mirror match problems). I dunno maybe I'm hallucinating things because of all the persona announcements going on frying my brains.

I don't think the 3ds game will be a kids game, the Etrian Odyssey team is making it, and while their art style is chibi like that, their games are usually harder than Persona games at least, and much more hardcore.

That's just my speculation, I hope you guys like it.

Edit:

I hope not... I'm alright with Narukami's edgy, Mexican cousin, but he doesn't look like a very interesting character...

I like you're speculation about the theme, it would be cool to see...but why does everyone and their mother think it'll have a techno-centric theme? I mean I'm fine with it, I jus don't understand why, did they say something about technology at an interview or something?

also Yu's edgy, Mexican cousin LOL...wut?

Dr. Buni

More or less. The whole game seems so out of character for Atlus, it's the only thing that comes to mind.
The game seems to be as "for children" as any other Persona.

And lol no, it doesn't seem out of character for Atlus. Have you ever heard about Etrian Odyssey? If anything, Persona Q will be a VERY hardcore Persona gaem.

Pretty sure in a scene where he's fighting junpei he ended up pulling tresmegistos out somehow, so my guess is maybe he uses his opponent's persona? (which brings up mirror match problems). I dunno maybe I'm hallucinating things because of all the persona announcements going on frying my brains.

No, I definitely, 100% saw a picture where he had his own, distinct Persona.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do EO games do really well? Didn't they just have a new one and a remake come up within a year of each other? And now this?

Fuck PeronsaQ. That could be Dark Spire 2.

Do EO games do really well? Didn't they just have a new one and a remake come up within a year of each other? And now this?

They're cheap to produce and sell decently enough.

Yes because EO has 3D character models with story sequences and also full on 3d battles where the characters are shown attacking.

The point I was making was that "It seems out of character for Atlus" was a stupid comment when it's an EO game.

I like you're speculation about the theme, it would be cool to see...but why does everyone and their mother think it'll have a techno-centric theme? I mean I'm fine with it, I jus don't understand why, did they say something about technology at an interview or something?

also Yu's edgy, Mexican cousin LOL...wut?

The technology theme just seems like very a relevant topic at the moment. On the account of the new character, that's what came to mind. How would you describe him?

Anyhow, it seems that I have said something stupid, so I think I'll shut my mouth for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom