• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story makes no sense if it was canonical. Mega P3 spoilers:
It occurs during P4's culture festival, but isn't mentioned anywhere in Arena. Shinjiro and the Protagonist of P3 are alive too.

Also the P3 characters being high school students while Yu is attending Yasogami.

Sophia

Also the P3 characters being high school students while Yu is attending Yasogami.

Yup. It's just a game of absurdly silly fanservice and awesome oldschool dungeon crawling in the vein of P1/P2/Etrian Odyssey.

And that is awesome.

It is not obvious.

Again, it is not obvious. They might give us some "they forgot what happened" in the end of the game, but until the state it is non-canon, no one can affirm that.

It is very much obvious. The story is completely incompatible on a fundamental level, and trying to write it in would look like genuine fanfiction.

fertygo

Well Q probably gonna ended up as much more hardcore game than actual P5 lol
I just wish they can find other idea to implement this thing.. I doubt many will be concerned when they playing the game tho, because I think its gonna be good.

It occurs during P4's culture festival, but isn't mentioned anywhere in Arena.

You get amnesia! And you you get amnesia! And you get amnesia

EVERYBODY GETS AMNESIA!

oprah-free-car.gif

Again, it is not obvious. They might give us some "they forgot what happened" in the end of the game, but until the state it is non-canon, no one can affirm that.

If the story is that removable then it doesn't matter if it's cannon or non, because it doesn't affect the story either way.

Sophia

I'm starting to wonder if there's something special regarding Persona 1 and Persona 2. Like more than just being different staff. They have seemingly flat out ignored them at times, which strikes me as unusual.

Dunno but look at this chie and rise ripoff how blatant

Lisa_Silverman_render.png

I would legit be surprised if Lisa or a Sevens uniform does not appear in "Let's Dance! Hatsune Miku's Legendary Persona Paradise".

I'm starting to wonder if there's something special regarding Persona 1 and Persona 2. Like more than just being different staff. They have seemingly flat out ignored them at times, which strikes me as unusual.

No one gives a shit about P1 and P2.

Arsenic13

Persona Q: What? But cute (sadly no 3DS).
Persona Suplex: OK. Wasn't a big fan aside from the story of the first.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night: WTF? (I'd still try it).
Persona 5: Where's the damn footage?! Disappointing.

Sophia

Rockstar doesn't bring up GTA1/2 either.

Those games don't exactly have much in the way of story, and GTA3 onwards is a different continuity. :p

But still, I can't help but wonder. Maybe they can't do anything because of some agreement with Tadashi? I dunno.

Caladrius

I have no strong opinions as to what happened. Everything is just kind of there.

Maybe I'll be less ambivalent when we have more information.

Taruranto

Really. Not even SE treats FF1-6 the way Atlus treats P1-2.

fertygo

Those games don't exactly have much in the way of story, and GTA3 onwards is a different continuity. :p

But still, I can't help but wonder. Maybe they can't do anything because of some agreement with Tadashi? I dunno.

Maybe we not gonna see thing about P3-P4 anymore too when P5 arrive, I think its just symbolize the series took departure from older title.

Caladrius

Oh shit, We got seat fan art popping up already.

You see what you did by not giving us those Soejima designs Atlus!?

The only difference between that case and this is that the P3/P4 characters would be replaced by the P5 characters.

And the P5 characters would be in threesomes with the chair.

Fun fact: my spellchecker doesn't identify "threesome" as a typo.

True but they like GTA 1/2, P1/P2 aren't really popular and Atlus doesn't have anything to gain by bringing them up(although I want to wait until P5 is actually out, wouldn't surprise me if Nyarla and the other side played a big role in that game). They did some remakes on PSP and no one really bought them. It's not really that surprising to tbh. Not to mention that the current director had nothing to do with those game iirc.

Really. Not even SE treats FF1-6 the way Atlus treats P1-2.
I could be wrong but aren't FF1-6 pretty popular? I definitely see a lot of love for those games.

Sophia

True but they like GTA 1/2, P1/P2 aren't really popular and Atlus doesn't have anything to gain by bringing them up(although I want to wait until P5 is actually out, wouldn't surprise me if Nyarla and the other side played a big role in that game). They did some remakes on PSP and no one really bought them. It's not really that surprising to tbh. Not to mention that the current director had nothing to do with those game iirc.

Eh? The Persona 1 remake was a top seller tho! Sold around 150k I think.

Young Magus

Persona Q: I'll bite, game seems interesting and if made by the EO team that that makes me more interested.

Persona Suplex: Nice to see Adachi in, called/hoped for it a while back when the game was first announced. Hope that he not a full-blown villain but takes the role someone who does not give a fuck about alignments and whats to find out what is going on/screw with things.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night: Not a huge fan of these types of games to be honest. With the receice deal with sega I cant say that I did not see this coming, hell this was even joked about when the deal first happened IIRC. Kinda wish this was in the game somehow

Persona 5:......seems interesting and looks like its going to be "darker" like most folks hoped, cant wait to see party members.

Necrovex

Super happy that Persona 5 was announced. Atlus almost gave me a heartattack earlier this morning.

I'm a little sad that one of the games were not Persona 3 Violet. Well, now I can restart Persona 3 Portable without worrying about a superior version coming out.

Despera

Banned
P5 seems like it's gonna deal with a serious subject in a whimsical style, same as P4.

All I'm concerned about right now is the artstyle. I really, reeeallly hope it's similar to Catherine.

Dantis

So, having had to some time to stop raging about stupid things and rewatch the trailers with a clear head, I'm going to collect my thoughts. Because if that's not appropriate in this thread, then what is?

- Persona Q's concept is actually really, really cool. It's also directed by Daisuke Kanada, who did Trauma Team (And worked on Etrian Odyssey, I believe), which is neat. The fact that it seemingly features ALL CHARACTERS is kind of amazing.

- Persona Q's theme song is amazing, and more lighthearted than most Persona stuff. It's kind of 'Saturday morning cartoon'-ish. The lyrics are hilarious nonsense. Not sure if it's Benjamin Franklin or LJ, but "This carousel takes us round and round, this labyrinth of lies, you can't tell up from down" is so funny to me.

- My main problem is Persona Q's art. It is really ugly. Presumably, it's the Etrian Odyssey guy? Soejima is just credited as the character designer, I think, like in Arena. If I can get past the art, maybe I'll enjoy it.

- Persona Q's new characters look fucking awful. You've topped Labrys, Soejima. Well done!

- P4D's presentation puts me off so much. My brother was playing Theatrhythm the other day, and I was saying how cool a Persona version of it would be. I love the Persona music, so the idea of a Persona music game should be something I'd totally be down for. But man, Japanese pop stars and dancing are not for me.

- Soejima's character designs for P4D are amazingly well drawn and it depresses me. It's not really represented in the in-game art anyway, but even so. It's some great art.

- The other characters in P4D have the potential for hilarity. I also HAVE TO KNOW if they'll be using the epilogue designs. The story apparently takes place half a year after Persona 4, so will Kanji have black hair? Will Chie have longer hair?

- Persona Q and P4D are kind of cleverer than they first seemed. I wouldn't touch a dancing game or an Etrian Odyssey game whatsoever ordinarily. Presumably their intention was to introduce Persona fans to new games and bring fans of those games into Persona (I'm pretty sure that's what they said for Arena too). Mission accomplished, I suppose.

- When Hashino talked about a surprising collaboration, we all assumed it was FExSMT. I now believe it was much more likely to be P4D, and that's why he said we wouldn't hear about it for a while. This would also mean that he isn't at all involved in SMTxFE.

- Apparently P4D is by the makers of Project Diva. I find it hilarious that Atlus has once again hired a highly reputable team to develop their spinoff game. I don't know if it's because they're great negotiators or something, but this kind of thing never seems to happen elsewhere and they've now done it twice. Super weird, but cool, I guess.

- Persona 5 trailer is fucking amazing. Incredibly stylish, and incredibly cool. Seems like they're carrying on where they left off with Catherine in that respect, which is a HUGE relief for me. Can't wait to see more, but I think we'll be waiting a while.

- Future developments will likely be shown in magazines. Hope you boys like Tuesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom