• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

I think my only issue with Q (and big enough to annoy me)
Its a crossover game, and maybe they gonna pulling all kind of shit for the story as if P4A not enough.

But shitting on it because its 3DS game rather dumb though, because like other already pointing.. EO arguably have better gameplay than P3/4, that also not my issue for it.

Anyhow, it seems that I have said something stupid, so I think I'll shut my mouth for a bit.

No, lol I thought it was hilarious haha. I didn't mean to sound douchey or anything lol

but again I just didn't understand why, he has red hair and paler skin than the rest of the cast, two traits not commonly associated with Mexicans.

...can he please have a Mexican accent though, shit would be hype.

and if you felt stupid about the technology stuff, don't. everyone agrees with you, I just thought I had missed something because the technology theory is so widespread.

Squire

Banned
Do EO games do really well? Didn't they just have a new one and a remake come up within a year of each other? And now this?

Fuck PeronsaQ. That could be Dark Spire 2.

EO sells like crap. These guys are making PQ because if they didn't they'd be dead weight Atlus (and by extension/more importantly, Sega) doesn't need.

Wow, waking up to 4 major announcements is awesome! It sucks that I was unable to experience the last road of our journey in realtime, but it's still awesome nonetheless!

-Persona 5 is Persona 5. I can't say anything about it that hasn't already been said five thousand times. I'm happy the platform was announced though; I think I'm gonna go sift through the other thread to find some magnificently salty posts :B

-I'm not really sure what PQ is supposed to be, but it has Junpei in it so it's A-OK in my book. Cute artstyle, too!

-Adachi in P4U is phenomenal, especially since I totally called it way back when the game was initially announced ;P I wonder it he'll use his revolver and Magatsu Izanagi or some new weapon/Persona.

-I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I'm actually excited for P4D. Rhythm games are some of my favourites, and I've been wanting a Persona-themed one ever since I played P3 for the very first time. Rise being the main character is just icing on the ridiculously silly cake!

No, lol I thought it was hilarious haha. I didn't mean to sound douchey or anything lol

but again I just didn't understand why haha, he has red hair and paler skin than the rest of the cast, two traits not commonly associated with Mexicans

You didn't sound like that at all. Did he have red hair and pale skin? I thought he had dark hair and dark skin. Oh well. It doesn't matter.

Moonlight

Banned
-I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I'm actually excited for P4D. Rhythm games are some of my favourites, and I've been wanting a Persona-themed one ever since I played P3 for the very first time. Rise being the main character is just icing on the ridiculously silly cake!
You'll get no hate from me, this is exactly my opinion.

PK Gaming

Wow, waking up to 4 major announcements is awesome! It sucks that I was unable to experience the last road of our journey in realtime, but it's still awesome nonetheless!

-Persona 5 is Persona 5. I can't say anything about it that hasn't already been said five thousand times. I'm happy the platform was announced though; I think I'm gonna go sift through the other thread to find some magnificently salty posts :B

-I'm not really sure what PQ is supposed to be, but it has Junpei in it so it's A-OK in my book. Cute artstyle, too!

-Adachi in P4U is phenomenal, especially since I totally called it way back when the game was initially announced ;P I wonder it he'll use his revolver and Magatsu Izanagi or some new weapon/Persona.

I love your optimism haha. It would have been jarring to see you angry.

You're right though, these announcements were pretty good, all things considered. Persona 5 is Persona 5.

That should be the official OT name for the game.

Dr. Buni

You don't think so, huh? I think you could argue either way. It is pretty vague, after all.

As usual I agree with Scrafty and Moonlight (and Keats). Bring on P4D.

Kanamin, guys.

Kanamin.

Wat.
Well, what other aspects of the teaser gives you a P2 vibe?

Anyway, I am sad we will have to wait A LOT to play these games. Oh well, fortunately I have a massive amount of games to play on the PS3, since I just bought one.

You'll get no hate from me, this is exactly my opinion.

tumblr_static_a1hug.gif

I love your optimism haha. It would have been jarring to see you angry.

Aw, thanks.

I really do think that ATLUS has all of their bases covered with these announcements, though. You've got P5 for everyone, PQ for the 3DS beggers crowd and the hardcore dungeon crawler afecionados, and P4D for the casual/female/musical demographic!

Squire

Banned
Well, what other aspects of the teaser gives you a P2 vibe?

Anyway, I am sad we will have to wait A LOT to play these games. Oh well, fortunately I have a massive amount of games to play on the PS3, since I just bought one.

Oh, just the general look and feel.

And we won't be waiting that long!

Am now into PQ, art style aside. Screw P4 Dance, Bring on P Arena Ultimax, P5 lets do it.

I really have nothing against PQ other than art-style and aesthetics, which imo brings the series down from a more serious tone, to an almost cartoonish one.
also the fact that Makoto is back kinda ruins the end of P3 a little bit

But other than that I think its fine(-ish)

Yo did anyone check out the new Shadow models that were shown in the footage?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yu's dancing is so bad. The P4G dancing was a little more subdued, but this is just out there. Congratulations, Kanji. You are now the smoothest guy on the investigation team. Maybe next year, Yosuke.
One year for the JP release and god knows how long until the game gets localized. That is a long wait, unless I am missing something.
tumblr_ma1uufIl9g1r0ralmo1_r1_500.gif

huehuehue

I really have nothing against PQ other than art-style and aesthetics, which imo brings the series down from a more serious tone, to an almost cartoonish one.
also the fact that Makoto is back kinda ruins the end of P3 a little bit

But other than that I think its fine(-ish)

Yo did anyone check out the new Shadow models that were shown in the footage?

Makoto isn't "back" he never left. Notice how they're still in high school and certain other characters are still alive even though they should be dead?
As for the serious tone... I mean, P3 and P4 already have a cartoon aesthetic going on. All out attacks even cause those loony tune-esque rumble clouds to pop up.

It is really funny that people think PQ would be a kids game when the dev that makes it makes games more hardcore in gameplay and difficulty than Persona has ever been.

yes but the characters have big eyes, therefor it is not as dark and serious as my game about a doggy that fights monsters with a ninja knife.

Some things I noticed about P4A2:

- Sho is most likely an Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon like Aigis and Labrys, due to his eyes

- Sho gets in Persona during the story mode, as he's seen fighting with and without one

- Adachi is most likely not playable, and will act as the 'face' of the enemy

Makoto isn't "back" he never left. Notice how they're still in high school and certain other characters are still alive even though they should be dead?
As for the serious tone... I mean, P3 and P4 already have a cartoon aesthetic going on. All out attacks even cause those loony tune-esque rumble clouds to pop up.

I guess you're right... I guess I just have a problem with chibis. As far a chibis go though, these models are probably the best out there.

that sounds legitimately awful...and I've never been happier to hear such a bad pitch.

cjkeats

You don't think so, huh? I think you could argue either way. It is pretty vague, after all.

Kanamin, guys.

Kanamin.

Wat.

Rise is gonna beat that bitch down off the idol rankings and be back on top where she belongs.

(Her design is alright.
Giant jugs
. Her outfit is pretty dumb)

The trailer confirmed Chie, Kanji, Yosuke, "and more" as well.

Adachi is the mastermind behind everything

Doubt it.
there are two masterminds in P4A1, and one of them, The Malevolent Entity, has strong evidence to believe it is the villain from P2, Nyarlathotep, The Crawling Chaos, the strongest villain of the series, who was behind everything, as he always is.

PK Gaming

Kanamin, guys.

Kanamin.

Wat.
I know

Vava-voom, total hotie

inb4 Kanamin social link

Rise is gonna beat that bitch down off the idol rankings and be back on top where she belongs.

(Her design is alright.
Giant jugs
. Her outfit is pretty dumb)

The trailer confirmed Chie, Kanji, Yosuke, "and more" as well.

Maya-nee and Ulala are gonna show these basics how to dance.

Omikaru

Omi's pointless thoughts:

Persona Q: Bleh. Not a fan of chibi stuff, but the 3DS fans get the Persona game they craved so much, even if it's not P5, but a non-canon spinoff. Can't muster up any will to care since I'm in Europe and won't be able to play it until 2015 or 2016.

Persona 4 Dancing: Cool. I'll probably grab it if it ever arrives over here. Being a Vita game, and a likely vessel to ream us with DLC which I'll probably want to buy some of, I'll probably just wait it out until it arrives here, unless the game has no DLCs.

Persona 4 Ultimax: I hope it's not region locked. I want to import that since Zen are almost certainly publishing the EU release, and as such it'll be 9 months late for no reason.

Persona 5: Hype, of course. I'm a little sad it's not on PS4 too, but I'm okay with PS3. I never sold my console for the express reason that P5 might be exclusive to it. Now I know where it's going, I know not to sell or pack away my PS3.

I guess you're right... I guess I just have a problem with chibis. As far a chibis go though, these models are probably the best out there.

that sounds legitimately awful...and I've never been happier to hear such a bad pitch.

Would you prefer an ultra serious plot that DIDNT seem like it was just silly fluff?

Dr. Buni

People writing Persona Q as "non-canon" amuse me. We don't know it is non-canon until it is said to be non-canon.

Edit: Just read the article on gematsu. So the game apparently doesn't take place after Persona 3. That makes more sense, since
Makoto is there and Shinjiro is alive

I mean, I played through both P3 and P4 and I don't recall the two casts going dungeoning together. Like, a giant tower appearing at Yasogami's school festival? Didn't happen in P4, and I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume it didn't happen in P4G either.

Would you prefer an ultra serious plot that DIDNT seem like it was just silly fluff?

No, and that's why I'm happy about the story being what it is. It's not trying to be a legitimate Persona game, its just trying to be over-the-top and silly for the sake of being over-the-top and silly.

People writing Persona Q as "non-canon" amuse me. We don't know it is non-canon until it is said to be non-canon.

did you read Buddha's link? the story makes no sense whatsoever.

Sophia

The story makes no sense if it was canonical. Mega P3 spoilers:
It occurs during P4's culture festival, but isn't mentioned anywhere in Arena. Shinjiro and the Protagonist of P3 are alive too.

If it's December 2014 instead of January/February 2014, they might as well just port that shit to PS4.

I am surprised at the fact that it is still a PS3 title despite being over a year off.

Dr. Buni

I mean, I played through both P3 and P4 and I don't recall the two casts going dungeoning together. Like, a giant tower appearing at Yasogami's school festival? Didn't happen in P4, and I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume it didn't happen in P4G either.
Retcons anyone? I've played Persona 4 and I don't recall Marie existing in that game, yet she exists now. How crazy!
It's pretty damn obvious it's not canon. lol.
What turnip said.
It is not obvious.
Also it's plainly obvious Q is gonna be non-canon. Probably some time travel hijinx.
Again, it is not obvious. They might give us some "they forgot what happened" in the end of the game, but until the state it is non-canon, no one can affirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom