• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

P5 seems like it's gonna deal with a serious subject in a whimsical style, same as P4.

All I'm concerned about right now is the artstyle. I really, reeeallly hope it's similar to Catherine.

Well Soejima handling it, now its depend we gonna like the design or not :D
FeMC pls

Welp this post should've in bottom page instead Dantis huge impression.

Dantis

P5 seems like it's gonna deal with a serious subject in a whimsical style, same as P4.

All I'm concerned about right now is the artstyle. I really, reeeallly hope it's similar to Catherine.

I'm confused. Why do you think it will be whimsical? I don't think anything in the trailer suggested that.
So, having had to some time to stop raging about stupid things and rewatch the trailers with a clear head, I'm going to collect my thoughts. Because if that's not appropriate in this thread, then what is?

- Persona Q's concept is actually really, really cool. It's also directed by Daisuke Kanada, who did Trauma Team (And worked on Etrian Odyssey, I believe), which is neat. The fact that it seemingly features ALL CHARACTERS is kind of amazing.

- Persona Q's theme song is amazing, and more lighthearted than most Persona stuff. It's kind of 'Saturday morning cartoon'-ish. The lyrics are hilarious nonsense. Not sure if it's Benjamin Franklin or LJ, but "This carousel takes us round and round, this labyrinth of lies, you can't tell up from down" is so funny to me.

- My main problem is Persona Q's art. It is really ugly. Presumably, it's the Etrian Odyssey guy? Soejima is just credited as the character designer, I think, like in Arena. If I can get past the art, maybe I'll enjoy it.

- Persona Q's new characters look fucking awful. You've topped Labrys, Soejima. Well done!

- P4D's presentation puts me off so much. My brother was playing Theatrhythm the other day, and I was saying how cool a Persona version of it would be. I love the Persona music, so the idea of a Persona music game should be something I'd totally be down for. But man, Japanese pop stars and dancing are not for me.

- Soejima's character designs for P4D are amazingly well drawn and it depresses me. It's not really represented in the in-game art anyway, but even so. It's some great art.

- The other characters in P4D have the potential for hilarity. I also HAVE TO KNOW if they'll be using the epilogue designs. The story apparently takes place half a year after Persona 4, so will Kanji have black hair? Will Chie have longer hair?

- Persona Q and P4D are kind of cleverer than they first seemed. I wouldn't touch a dancing game or an Etrian Odyssey game whatsoever ordinarily. Presumably their intention was to introduce Persona fans to new games and bring fans of those games into Persona (I'm pretty sure that's what they said for Arena too). Mission accomplished, I suppose.

- When Hashino talked about a surprising collaboration, we all assumed it was FExSMT. I now believe it was much more likely to be P4D, and that's why he said we wouldn't hear about it for a while. This would also mean that he isn't at all involved in SMTxFE.

- Apparently P4D is by the makers of Project Diva. I find it hilarious that Atlus has once again hired a highly reputable team to develop their spinoff game. I don't know if it's because they're great negotiators or something, but this kind of thing never seems to happen elsewhere and they've now done it twice. Super weird, but cool, I guess.

- Persona 5 trailer is fucking amazing. Incredibly stylish, and incredibly cool. Seems like they're carrying on where they left off with Catherine in that respect, which is a HUGE relief for me. Can't wait to see more, but I think we'll be waiting a while.

- Future developments will likely be shown in magazines. Hope you boys like Tuesdays.

Quoting myself because I wrote this all out and then it was the last post of the page. Whoops!

Anyone interested in providing me with a avatarized version of Chibi Aigis? Assuming we get official art soon. It looks adorable. :D

I can do once there's official art.

Sophia

Anyone interested in providing me with a avatarized version of Chibi Aigis? Assuming we get official art soon. It looks adorable. :D

Also, I'm surprised. Those thoughts are quite reasonable for you, Dantis. =P

I'm glad Danti is ok.

Let's jam!
nSnRmCG.gif

Despera

Banned
I'm confused. Why do you think it will be whimsical? I don't think anything in the trailer suggested that.
I see nothing indicating otherwise. Don't forget the fact that the actual game can go anywhere from that extremely short teaser.

P3, P4 and Catherine all had whimsical styles. It's what Atlus do nowadays with shit related to Persona.

My main problem is Persona Q's art. It is really ugly. Presumably, it's the Etrian Odyssey guy? Soejima is just credited as the character designer, I think, like in Arena. If I can get past the art, maybe I'll enjoy it.

I hope you have a US 3DS if you want to play it anytime soon.

- Apparently P4D is by the makers of Project Diva. I find it hilarious that Atlus has once again hired a highly reputable team to develop their spinoff game. I don't know if it's because they're great negotiators or something, but this kind of thing never seems to happen elsewhere and they've now done it twice. Super weird, but cool, I guess.

Atlus now under Sega probably had influence on this also.

Whenever you find the art, send it my way. I enjoy making avatars.

Caladrius

Hmm... P4D will have Kanji and possibly human Teddie, and I do like the Project Diva games.

I am now positive toward this batch of announcements.

You've been searching for too much yaoi!

Threesome is a word though, It's a group or an activity involving three people or things. Not just sexual ;)

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. And if only google would actually give me ads that matched my searches instead of hawking titty-sold MMO's 24/7.

fertygo

This dancing game looked more awesome with time, I hope there's a bit story in it and as funny as the comedy in the game, top it if they can.

Sorian

Banned
I'm glad I slept last night because my heart wouldn't have been able to take this. Woke up about an hour or so ago to get ready for work and logged into gaf to see the 3DS game at the top of the thread list, read it and my heart sank and I felt strong pangs of depression. Got so mad that I got off GAF immediately. Got to work a half hour ago and went back onto GAF and saw the thread for P5, realized I was foolish and cried.

Also, just read through the thread during that 40min time gap you all had to go through. Hindsight is 20/20 but you guys got into the doom and gloom real fast.

fertygo

I miss out the reveal though :D
Man I'm too busy laughing when people all goes mad in chat.

That old lady part, LOLOLOLOL
still made my sides hurt

Logash

The only reason that dance game didn't look good the first time I saw it was because it was not Persona 5 and we had been talking all month how there were gonna be 3 announcements. Good thing we got four!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What I liked about Persona 4, and to a lesser degree Persona 3, is that it felt less anime-y than other Japanese games. It's got a lot of anime tropes, but it never felt like I was 'watching anime' like so many other JRPGs do.
That said? This fucker is anime as hell.
tumblr_mwrwbzd9Fk1r8x55lo4_250.gif

It's like Kai Leng of Persona. Is it an Arc creation? A lot of the BlazBlue characters feel like they fell out of DeviantArt profiles.

P1 and 2 weren't whimsical? Replay P1, half the things that happen legit feel right out of fairy tales, and 2 gets really really whacky at parts.

Dantis

I hope you have a US 3DS if you want to play it anytime soon.

Atlus now under Sega probably had influence on this also.

I imagine Sega had all of zero influence over any of this. Like I say, I think P4D will have been what Hashino was referring to when he mentioned a surprise collaboration ages ago.

There's no way in heck they've negotiated, begun development and gotten to this stage since, like September or whatever.

I see we are already moving to the "acceptance" status.

Don't worry buddy, I'll never really accept it.

Also, I'm surprised. Those thoughts are quite reasonable for you, Dantis. =P

What can I say? I'm a reasonable man!

What I liked about Persona 4, and to a lesser degree Persona 3, is that it felt less anime-y than other Japanese games. It's got a lot of anime tropes, but it never felt like I was 'watching anime' like so many other JRPGs do.
That said? This fucker is anime as hell.
tumblr_mwrwbzd9Fk1r8x55lo4_250.gif

It's like Kai Leng of Persona. Is it an Arc creation? A lot of the BlazBlue characters feel like they fell out of DeviantArt profiles.

Agree completely. I'm passed being down about Arena though. I just pretend it doesn't exist.

AHA! IS THIS OUR DANCE?

Winner.

I am going to import all of these games (except the 3DS one, fuck you Nintendo) on day one with any special/limited editions they may have and then buy English special/limited editions on day one as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naoto needs to be in the dancing game for one scene where you ask her to dance. She says 'Fuck no.', leaves for the rest of the game.

Meia

Want chibi Chie avatar. :D

...we're getting four Persona named games in one calendar year. Just...soak that in a bit. :)

fertygo

Man its rather coll modern Persona had this many spin-off and got handled by the "expert"

Make fighting game? Got Arcsys
Make dancing game? lend it to Miku team

LOL

Come on, one more.. 3rd person Aigis action game by platinum.

Guys, P5 teaser talks about being slaves and about emancipation.

So either it's about

Cellmates

Burned out office workers

Or high school kids addicted to their phones/Facebook.

I sure can't wait for the change of setting!

Kappa, we're going to get our high school setting and we're gonna love it.

There's no way in heck they've negotiated, begun development and gotten to this stage since, like September or whatever.

For all we know they don't have anything to show apart from that trailer. Who knows how much of that game has been developed at this point.

But I'm only just saying, know one really knows.
Apart from those at Atlus of course.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
*wakes up*

*catches up on thread*

Ha! And everyone thought I was just joking about a 3DS game or an Idolmaster/dance game!

ani-daian-stroke.gif

I think at this point, I'm going to be most hype about P4 Dancing All Night as long as it has new music and story mode is for sure centered around Rise and not Narukami or anything. Or even better, two story modes, one for Kanamin and one for Rise.

I can't wait for PersonaGAF IRC to judge me on this fact.

Kazzy

I'm not going to lie, amidst all those reveals, Persona 4 Dancing was the one were I felt vindicated about standing there like a lemon in the cold.

Any chance someone could avatar-ize (assuming someone hasn't already) Rise from Persona 4 Dancing All Night for me?

I would be most grateful!

Edit: OR if someone hasn't claimed it, chibi Rise from Persona Q

Double Edit: So apparently Kazzy claimed chibi Rise, so yeah, if anyone can make an avatar of Rise from Persona 4 Dancing All Night, I would love you forever!

Dantis

I'm sad to say that the more that I think about these two spinoffs, the more they seem like they might actually be good.

I mean... P4D is going to be all Persona music, presumably. It can't really be that bad, can it?

That, or the fact that I'm ill is rattling my brain.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm sad to say that the more that I think about these two spinoffs, the more they seem like they might actually be good.

I mean... P4D is going to be all Persona music, presumably. It can't really be that bad, can it?

That, or the fact that I'm ill is rattling my brain.

P4D means more remixes, and the remix albums have been great.

DMB4237

Neo Member
Man I was loving this whoooooole meltdown. That press conference thingy was a work of trolling art!

Persona (at least the latter ones) have walked this fine line of being kinda serious stories with characters you can care about and just being batshit crazy.

What I'm trying to say is that I want all thee games now...

FluxWaveZ

To think the countdown actually paid off. Can't remember the last time one has. What usually happens is that a Japanese company will have a countdown that will excite people only for it to be a mobile game or some other kind of crap like a pencil case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom