• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any clear shots of Shinji you could rip?

BIWHxv6.png

Any other requests?

So if P5 is coming out Dec 2014 in Japan:

1. What are the chances of simultaneous NA localization such that the game can still technically be released within the 25th anniversary year?

2. Does saying "Winter 2014 Japan" mean 2014? Or could it be Jan/Feb/March 2015?

3. Will there be a media blackout of P5 until PersonaQ and P4D are released so as to give those 2 titles the best possible sales?

4. If 3 is untrue... will we be getting anymore info on P5 before the end of 2013? If so, does it have to be in Famitsu?

I know it's been said plenty of times before but this shadow character stuff is real cool. Crazy Aigis with her evil laugh, jeez.

Btw I try not to let this canon thingy bother me personally. What's fun is fun, what's not is not. These spin-offs look like fun stuff. Rhythm game ain't my cup of tea, but PQ looks interesting at least. Ultimax is gonna kick butt.

Dantis

Almost a guarantee, and cat ears too!

Hilarious and informative.

I hope the P4 uniforms are in there. Or the epilogue outfits, which would be super neat (Seeing as this takes place around the epilogue within the... uh... 'timeline'. Definitely canonical.)

Seeing Dantis not so negative about the dancing game is smile inducing.

More positivity more often everyone!
Shouldn't be that surprising, really. A Persona game centered wholly around Meguro music with visuals that do a surprisingly decent job of capturing Soejima's art.

The things I really hate about Project Diva are the visuals and the music. I would never get past them. Here, they're not an issue.

I agree, Yukiko and Naoto are the only P4 cast that are missing too.

I would love, LOVE, to see some Persona 3 characters in there.

Yukiko HAS to be in there. Naoto? I'm not sure.

I think it will just be P4 characters, also.

Lunar15

I like the use of Helvetica. Wasn't P4 just times new roman? I like simplicity, particularly with a theme that looks like being a slave to mediocrity or conformity.

cjkeats

Yukiko HAS to be in there. Naoto? I'm not sure.

I think it will just be P4 characters, also.

They will both be there. Guaranteed. They don't necessarily have to be in story mode to be in there playable. There will most likely be an "arcade mode" kind of thing.
I'm betting it'll be P4 characters and music only. P3 stuff in a sequel later on, maybe. Or maybe even unlockable, who knows.

EDIT: speaking of, is there a full version of Unbreakable Tie out there? All I have is the short version from the cd that came with IS.

Dantis

Of course JOKER and Kimi no Tonari and Change Your Way are out, but what about Unbreakable Tie?

We can only dream.

Ain't nobody can hold me down.

They will both be there. Guaranteed. They don't necessarily have to be in story mode to be in there playable. There will most likely be an "arcade mode" kind of thing.
I'm betting it'll be P4 characters and music only. P3 stuff in a sequel later on, maybe. Or maybe even unlockable, who knows.

P3 music will be in, I'm sure. Not enough tracks for just P4. How many do the Miku games have?

And sure, all the characters will probably be in there in some capacity, but I'm not sure Naoto will be playable. It seems like it would just look super weird. Particularly if she's all idol'd up.

EDIT: speaking of, is there a full version of Unbreakable Tie out there? All I have is the short version from the cd that came with IS.

Yep. On the full OST. The second verse is amazing, and where the opening line of Ain't Nobody Can Hold Me Down comes from.

cjkeats

P3 music will be in, I'm sure. Not enough tracks for just P4. How many do the Miku games have?
And sure, all the characters will probably be in there in some capacity, but I'm not sure Naoto will be playable. It seems like it would just look super weird. Particularly if she's all idol'd up.
Yep. On the full OST. The second verse is amazing, and where the opening line of Ain't Nobody Can Hold Me Down comes from.
Naoto will be in it whether you want her to or not.
PDF has a nice chunk of songs, but who knows. The fact that it's called "Persona 4" makes me wonder. But I suppose Arena has P3 stuff too.
Time to look for that P2 soundtrack then.
I would not rule out some of the P1P songs showing up, possibly as download content.
This would be awesome. I'd love a remix of School Days.

Squire

Banned
I just realized P4D is going to be a much easier localization than Miku because these aren't vocaloids. All the vocals are already recorded.

kewlmyc

Seeing Dantis not so negative about the dancing game is smile inducing.

More positivity more often everyone!

Also: Inorigo, Moonlight, kewlmyc, and CrazyTank--recording in an hour. Just a reminder :)

I'm ready, Freddy.

Also Kanji being in P4D is too lulzworty to pass up. I'm getting it day 1.

cjkeats

I just realized P4D is going to be a much easier localization than Miku because these aren't vocaloids. All the vocals are already recorded.

What? This will be much more work that PDF if it has a story mode. The songs have nothing to do with it.

Well apparently there's a story mode or something. I'm not familiar with these games so I don't know how they're designed, but if there's a story I'd expect there to be some dialogue.

Dantis

I only just realised that it's P4DAN.

That's my new favourite abbreviation.
Around 33 from DIVA F that can be obtained in game normally, but i expect maybe a little bit less and some DLC songs

Exactly. And there's, what, ten tracks from P4 they can use?

If Kanji will be dancing like that, I don't see why Naoto wont be.

Naoto will be in it whether you want her to or not.
PDF has a nice chunk of songs, but who knows. The fact that it's called "Persona 4" makes me wonder. But I suppose Arena has P3 stuff too.

I dunno. I'm not convinced. I guess we'll see.

I also find it weird that they announced Chie and not Yukiko. And hilarious that this is the first time we're seeing the characters in what are, essentially, current gen graphics.

And it's in a dancing game.

Squire

Banned
What? This will be much more work that PDF if it has a story mode. The songs have nothing to do with it.

I don't understand? The songs from the Project DIVA were already recorded too..

Well apparently there's a story mode or something. I'm not familiar with these games so I don't know how they're designed, but if there's a story I'd expect there to be some dialogue.

I meant in the sense that they're remixing stuff from years ago and they know the audience is familiar with them. PDF they clearly had to deliberate over quite a big before deciding to bring it over.

Gazoinks

What does the Q stand for in PQ anyway? Quest, right? I'm going to speculate that Persona Quest might be a spin-off series by the way it's named, with Shadow of The Labyrinth being the first entry.

Did Sophia say she had an archive of the stream someplace? Gonna catch up.

What you really need is an archive of the IRC so you can see us all going insane. It was an emotional rollercoaster.

What does the Q stand for in PQ anyway? Quest, right? I'm going to speculate that Persona Quest might be a spin-off series by the way it's named, with Shadow of The Labyrinth being the first entry.

Etrian Odyssey is titled Sekaijiu no Meikyuu (Yggdrasil's Labyrinth) in Japan, and is frequently abbreviated to SQ (Kyuu sounds like "Q"). So it kind of stands for Persona Meikyuu (Labyrinth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom