• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
You know I initailly thought it was stupid, but now I think Persona Q looks like a lot of fun.

That's it, going to buy a 3DS again, too many good games.

cjkeats

I really enjoy EO so I'm ridiculously excited for PQ. Same with P4D, I love rhythm games, so of course I'm gonna be excited for a Persona one.

It's hard to find any displeasure with todays announcements, other than being so far away with no word on international release.

Jintor

Oh my god two consecutive count-downs and the beginning of a trailer and then it cuts to an old lady talking in Japanese

ATLUS PLS

Tiu Neo

God, now I took some time to digest the news...

Is it bad that I'm more hyped about P4DAN and PQ than Persona 5? It's not that I don't want a new mainline game, but... you know, Winter 2014, even later for us, IF it comes west, seems so... distant.

Jintor

I'm seriously crying with laughter. Fucking hilarious. Reading this with the pastebin and the GAF thread is my early morning entertainment

Dantis

God, now I took some time to digest the news...

Is it bad that I'm more hyped about P4DAN and PQ than Persona 5? It's not that I don't want a new mainline game, but... you know, Winter 2014, even later for us, IF it comes west, seems so... distant.

Very very very very very bad.

And you should feel bad for it.

Oh my god two consecutive count-downs and the beginning of a trailer and then it cuts to an old lady talking in Japanese

ATLUS PLS

It's cool because you can see the trailers on the TV behind her, so that's how I realize that P4DAN was actually a real thing and not a fake

cjkeats

h4wsZ36.png

Cast shots from the trailer.

2kawaii5me

Levito

Banned
To be honest, I think the only reason people(myself included) were legit upset about Persona Q is because all all thought it was -the- announcement.

Jintor

Honestly though the amount of people who gave up the moment Persona Q was announced is also hilarious.

No way in hell Atlus would've done a 72-hour livestream countdown for a 3DS spin-off game lol

I guess most of you were incredibly sleep deprived though lol

As time passes I feel less and less salty about PQ and I hate it...I may even want to play it...ewww I need a shower.

eh at least I still hate everything about the dancing game.

ATLUS PLS

I stood up and left. If I had stayed on I would of seen PQ announced for 3DS and P4D for Vita and had a meltdown. Thank god P5 was announced when I came back.

Looking back though Atlus did good. It only makes me happier if the Persona franchise gets more popular because it really is one of kind rpg.

Dantis

In hindsight, I think the live stream was a really shitty thing to do.

Everyone was in it for Persona 5, and came away with essentially nothing.

The P5 trailer was really, cool, but no way near worth all the hype. I spent literally all fucking week getting excited for today, and it was all a waste.

Obviously, it was meant to build hype and it succeeded, but it was still a rotten way to treat your fanbase.

I think every time they do something like this, I go one notch down in how much I value them. I'll still play the games, of course, but, for example, if they did another livestream, I'd probably just watch the content afterwards and save myself the hassle.

I think the color theme clinches it. Sho's a P5 character. He even looks in line with the motif. Seems like a hardened criminal.

I don't buy it. He doesn't look anything like how P5 was presented. He's like, the most anime cliché guy ever.

Jintor

tumblr_mwscafOfnj1qm0j9xo1_500.png

The P5 trailer was really, cool, but no way near worth all the hype. I spent literally all fucking week getting excited for today, and it was all a waste.

Obviously, it was meant to build hype and it succeeded, but it was still a rotten way to treat your fanbase.

I think every time they do something like this, I go one notch down in how much I value them. I'll still play the games, of course, but, for example, if they did another livestream, I'd probably just watch the content afterwards and save myself the hassle.

A) Corporations aren't your friend. The point of the stream was to build hype and in that aspect they succeeded admirably than if they had just come out with a series of press releases about their spinoff games.
B) loldantis

cjkeats

I think you take it way to serious and you need to chill and have some fun before you give yourself high blood pressure.

FluxWaveZ

This livestream was one of the best things they could have done and was an incredibly memorable and hilarious ordeal. It has only increased my respect for Atlus by showing how they are not averse to having fun at the expense of their fanbase, but not disappointing them either and giving their fans something to be happy about.

I'm not someone with a great sense of humor, but you need to calm down more than anyone else who was freaking out in the IRC.

I'm too hyped for PQ and P4D, but is there any chance that possibly a western Persona 5 will be on the streaming service Sony is rolling out next year (if it's even made for that, not entirely sure on all the details), but PQ and P4D will be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom