• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

I'll just take whatever the actual writers say is canon as canon because it's their thing.

If that's the main synopsis and there isn't some crazy twist at the end, it would be hard to think this happened without us, the players being, aware.

Woah, weird. It's like Persona: Chain of Danganronpa Odyssey.

Gotta admit, I'm legitimately curious where the story is going to go now, mainly to see how they explain away this being squished into the middle of one of the mainline games.

NotLiquid

I'm so relieved they wasted their perfect opportunity to turn Persona 5 into Persona Go for smartphones or something.

I read earlier today that it takes place in the middle of Persona 3. The cast gets stuck in some sort of time thing, and gets sent to Inaba during the events of Persona 4..and the story is a sort of one off that involves a massive team up.

I can no longer locate exactly where I read that though, so take with a grain of salt.

I believe there was a Famitsu link somewhere in the PQ thread.

So is Sho Yu's shadow.

I think P4A2 is going to be canon but Pq and obviously P4d won't be. As said before it won't matter at all if P5 does not include P4/P3 characters but I don't see Pq making sense unless they pull some time warp bs on us.

Gazoinks

So is Sho Yu's shadow.

I think P4A2 is going to be canon but Pq and obviously P4d won't be. As said before it won't matter at all if P5 does not include P4/P3 characters but I don't see Pq making sense unless they pull some time warp bs on us.

It'd be kind of hilarious if P4D ended up somehow being canon. P5 starts with the MC at the show or something.

FluxWaveZ

It'd be kind of hilarious if P4D ended up somehow being canon. P5 starts with the MC at the show or something.

Er, well I wouldn't laugh about P4D being canon just yet:

The story is set half a year after Persona 4, when Rise Kujikawa returns to the world of show business. Rumors begin spreading of a mysterious video on a certain website, which watched at midnight transports viewers to the “other side,” never to awaken again. And members of Rise’s idol group “Kanamin Kitchen” start to disappear.

Persona 4 characters like Yu Narukami and Rise, as well as new junior idol character Kanami Mashita, are confirmed to appear as players “Battle Dance” against shadows in a mysterious world known as the “Mayonaka Stage.”

If anything, at least some thought went into it...?

We already know that P4A and P4A2 is canon, obviously.

Levito

Banned
Watched that teaser trailer like 10 times now.

Jesus it's like a trailer for a horror game, people wanting that "darker" tone sure may be getting their wish.

Gazoinks

Jesus it's like a trailer for a horror game, people wanting that "darker" tone sure may be getting their wish.

Yeah, I really like the tone in the trailer. It's dark, but it feels like a different kind of dark than P3. Less doom and gloom and death and more... intense, I guess? It's what I was hoping they'd go for if they did another dark Persona game. Cannot wait to see some more info about it.

cjkeats

I love the sounds in the teaser. I'm oh so very excited to hear the music. Oh god am I ever.

I'm slightly annoyed that Persona5 is one word though. Come on.

Moonlight

Banned
esqt1Xn.jpg
What came to me the first time I saw the trailer.

Levito

Banned
I love the sounds in the teaser. I'm oh so very excited to hear the music. Oh god am I ever.

I'm slightly annoyed that Persona5 is one word though. Come on.

That text looks very placeholder, I wouldn't expect them to ship it with a font like that. haha

^It was probably just a stylistic choice with the teaser.

2dark4u

Can someone make me a Persona Etrian Odyssey Shinji avatar?

NotLiquid

Yeah, I really like the tone in the trailer. It's dark, but it feels like a different kind of dark than P3. Less doom and gloom and death and more... intense, I guess? It's what I was hoping they'd go for if they did another dark Persona game. Cannot wait to see some more info about it.

I felt it was mostly unnerving. Setting aside P3's doom-and-gloom it was a different kind of dark tone set in that game which didn't really rear it's head proper until after the first half of the game, and it was an otherworldly terror. This teaser makes it seem like that heavy atmosphere isn't necessarily from just another world.

Maybe with the chairs being in shackles it's implying an academy with an oppressing regime!

image.php

Gazoinks

I felt it was mostly unnerving. Setting aside P3's doom-and-gloom it was a different kind of dark tone set in that game which didn't really rear it's head proper until after the first half of the game, and it was an otherworldly terror. This teaser makes it seem like that heavy atmosphere isn't necessarily from just another world.

Maybe with the chairs being in shackles it's implying an academy with an oppressing regime!

image.php

It all makes sense now!

Gazoinks

I wonder how Persona summoning will work to tie into the themes of enslavement? Everyone goes around in handcuffs until you summon your Persona? :p

Daft_Cat

I wonder how Persona summoning will work to tie into the themes of enslavement? Everyone goes around in handcuffs until you summon your Persona? :p

Something like that seems likely. Nothing to lose but our chains. Emancipation will probably be thematically linked with unleashing your persona.

Gazoinks

Probably. Nothing to lose but our chains. Emancipation will probably be thematically linked with unleashing your persona.

Yeah. I could see breaking chains as the mechanism. Maybe the item people carry around with them this time is a key? On the other hand, the actual Persona summoning in P4 didn't have much to do with the themes of the story, the glasses were a different thing. I hope they don't do tarot crushing again.

Dantis

Er, well I wouldn't laugh about P4D being canon just yet:

If anything, at least some thought went into it...?

So here's what I want: More Persona characters as playable characters. The game is already full on stupid, might as well just throw in as many characters as they can. There should at least be the full Persona 4 cast, right?

Here's what I don't want: More playable characters in the form of Rise's idol group. I already don't like Kanami's design. I don't need more of that.

Also, for those more well versed in these types of games: Is it likely that there'll be alternate costumes? Preferably ones where they just wear normal clothes... Rise's idol outfit is bleh.

Squire

Banned
Alright, I've been up with coffee for a bit, so I can give more than an immediate, cursory reaction to everything.

PQ: Alright. It's cool the 3DS audience is being thrown a bone and the EO team has something to do. It doesn't interest me, personally, but it's cool it's happening.

P4A2: We all guessed it, but I'm also still surprised they'd announce the console version this early.

Adachi is a surprise. I'm not really a fan, but it's alright. I can see why they picked him, too. For starters, the fact they already have an Izanagi sprite done and ready to go is good reason enough. That's a nice portion of work done in getting that character going, but whatever - that's boring developer thinking. ~_^

P5: Finally announced; faith rewarded.

I'm glad it's announced, I'm glad the platform talk is (mostly) done, and while I'm confident thuway knows what's up, if it's not on PS4? Fine. My PS3 sits right next to my PS4 and she's all ready to go.

I like the teaser. Good style, good sound; obviously thought going into the themes, which is what we want most from these guys - something thoughtful. I think I'm more intrigued than excited right now, but that's not to say I'm not excited at all. I'm really looking forward to seeing more, hopefully very soon.

P4D: I just love stuff like this. This is fun and that's what it's all about. Moonlight pointed out how we've very specifically joked about a game like this, so seeing it actually happen is crazy and awesome.

I can understand why you'd react negatively, but this is what happens when a brand grows and gains popularity and credibility. We take Atlus seriously when they mean to be so and that gives them more room to joke. That's what you have to take this stuff as. These games aren't sacred cows; the series is growing and spin-offs will happen, but as a Final Fantasy fan, I'm already used to it.

But yeah, I think P4D is a great idea. I'm down for it day one and I love our new OT title in reference to it. <3

The teaser itself: Well played, Atlus.

Seriously, wow. I won't retread the details, but rumors, speculation, investigation; this is what Persona's about. I think it was the coolest tease ever, the biggest troll ever, and it ultimately delivered. Good show.

Edit: If someone can hook me up with a P4D avatar, that's be ace. Rise and Yu are taken, so Kanamin please?

Caladrius

Also, for those more well versed in these types of games: Is it likely that there'll be alternate costumes? Preferably ones where they just wear normal clothes... Rise's idol outfit is bleh.

Project DIVA typically has a good amount of them. (2 or 3 alts per character for the early games. Diva f has between 9-12 per character, and Miku herself has 27)

There's likely going to be more characters than DIVA's 6 or so, so there probably won't be more than 4 alternate costumes, if that.

So here's what I want: More Persona characters as playable characters. The game is already full on stupid, might as well just throw in as many characters as they can. There should at least be the full Persona 4 cast, right?

Here's what I don't want: More playable characters in the form of Rise's idol group. I already don't like Kanami's design. I don't need more of that.

Hey, why don't we just throw in the Muses into the mix too, I think that would be fun to dance as them.

Levito

Banned
Seeing Dantis not so negative about the dancing game is smile inducing.

More positivity more often everyone!

Also: Inorigo, Moonlight, kewlmyc, and CrazyTank--recording in an hour. Just a reminder :)

I agree, Yukiko and Naoto are the only P4 cast that are missing too.

I would love, LOVE, to see some Persona 3 characters in there.

Squire

Banned
Seeing Dantis not so negative about the dancing game is smile inducing.

More positivity more often everyone!

Also: Inorigo, Moonlight, kewlmyc, and CrazyTank--recording in an hour. Just a reminder :)

Yep and yep. :)

The vibe is good right now. Nobody should be bummed.

When they show Yukiko I'll probably pass out

Sorian

Banned
P4 spoilers: (I don't know how long we can keep spoiler tagging this, it is going to become common media knowledge soon)
I hope there is a character that is almost exactly like Adachi in P5 who everyone is going to massively distrust the entire time and near the end of the game, he is going to get framed for everything and it is going to make sense and the bad end will be caused by agreeing with all of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom