• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

All hail the greatest soda drink and the man who represents it! >_>

Haha...

It works 'cause Pepsiman's a lady.

Nice, thanks.

"This is how it all ends after Persona 4"? Does that mean there won't be another one after all? Or will it just be Persona 5: Arena? :p

Also looks like Sho is a villain after all.

Yeah, they seem to be really hitting the "this is how it really ends, for REALS" theme through the media of this game. Guess it means that a P4A3 isn't something that they'd want to do, at least in terms of narrative.

Still, if this one's successful, I guess I wouldn't say a P5A's out of the question since I'm sure both companies like money and ASW wouldn't be opposed to having another consistent series in their repertoire of fighting games... but then comes the fact that they probably wouldn't want to create a whole new cast from scratch, so would it involve P3 and P4 characters? If so, then would P5's narrative be linked to those games? Hm.

Sophia

Haha...

It works 'cause Pepsiman's a lady.

I was actually talking about the mascot Pepsiman, but hey, you're right...

So this is the last P4A game? Bummer, but considering we didn't even know we were getting this, it's acceptable.

I doubt it'll be the last. If it prints money like the first one, there will be a third game. But it's probably something that won't happen til after P5 is out. Like ages later.

FluxWaveZ

I doubt it'll be the last. If it prints money like the first one, there will be a third game. But it's probably something that won't happen til after P5 is out. Like ages later.

Haha, I know. I don't know why I'm amused by someone's username representing the opposite of their gender.

What's also amusing is that a lot of us thought that P4A2 was a ways off because of Atlus being busy with P5 and SMTxFE while ASW was busy with BB:CP and Xrd. Thinking about the potential for a P4A3 reminds me of this.

Sophia

Haha, I know. I don't know why I'm amused by someone's username representing the opposite of their gender.

What's also amusing is that a lot of us thought that P4A2 was a ways off because of Atlus being busy with P5 and SMTxFE while ASW was busy with BB:CP and Xrd. Thinking about the potential for a P4A3 reminds me of this.

Apparently, there's a Pepsiwoman too....

And that makes me wonder about SMTxFE. Possibly the most mysterious game coming out of Atlus by virtue of no details and the sheer absurdity of it.

kewlmyc

It said the final chapter though....

Sounds awesome. So hyped for the extra Junpei exposure, and mad props for doing away with that gerontophile Kenji in exchange for da man himself.

Please release this movie in theatres, distributor. I'll buy tickets for all Ontario-based PersonaGAFers if you do!

And I'll buy tickets for anyone who would want to go to a Chicago showing. It'd probably be at the Music Box Theater like all Aniplex showings are.

FluxWaveZ

They'll start a new series.

With Persona 1 and 2 characters included please pretty please ATLUS I love you don't keep neglecting them like this they love you too.

That's the thing, I don't think it's feasible at all for them to start a fighting game from scratch like they did with P4A at this point if it's gonna be another Atlus X ASW fighting game with an established fanbase.

Also, P1 and P2 are dead.

cjkeats

I really love the new song for PersonaQ.

I like that it features both singers from P4 and P3. Clever nod, there.
I get the feeling we'll get those two+ LJ again for p5 if it has vocal tracks, just for the streamlining of future concerts.
In the stream there was another song for Q with LJ.

kewlmyc

Of the P-1 Grand Prix saga, and do you really think they're going to give up on potential crossovers after seeing Persona Q? :p

You have a point. Especially since P4A outsold BlazBlue which has been ArcSys breadwinner for years now. I honestly think the story is holding them back though. Just go the Persona Q route and have members from all the games in a big non-canon battle royale.

Squire

Banned
I really love the new song for PersonaQ.

I like that it features both singers from P4 and P3. Clever nod, there.

Yeah, it's great. I thought that even during the stream!

P4D's announcer sounds like Dojima's English VA talking in engrish/really awkward English to me.

FluxWaveZ

I get the feeling we'll get those two+ LJ again for p5 if it has vocal tracks, just for the streamlining of future concerts.
In the stream there was another song for Q with LJ.

Hm, don't know about that when Shoji Meguro specifically said that he would follow a different style of music than P3 and P4 "if" there was a Persona 5.

Caladrius

Trinity Soul-only fighting game confirmed.

Would buy secondhand copy of game for the sole purpose of cutting the BD up.

That's the thing, I don't think it's feasible at all for them to start a fighting game from scratch like they did with P4A at this point if it's gonna be another Atlus X ASW fighting game with an established fanbase.

Also, P1 and P2 is dead.

fc,220x200,white.u1.jpg

Anything is possible. (But not probable)

And I meant a new story arc for Persona fighting games.

Sophia

Hm, don't know about that when Shoji Meguro specifically said that he would follow a different style of music than P3 and P4 "if" there was a Persona 5.

I'm expecting something closer to what he did for Catherine myself. But yeah I have a feeling we won't see Kawamura or Hirata at all for P5.

FluxWaveZ

And I meant a new story arc for Persona fighting games.

Ah, so a new story arc involving the P3 and P4 characters? Yeah, that's what they'd probably have to do if they wanted the series to continue and they didn't got the PQ route of throwing narrative consistency out the window.

Well, whatever, P4A2 isn't even out yet so it's weird to even think about this, heh.

Squire

Banned
I'm expecting something closer to what he did for Catherine myself. But yeah I have a feeling we won't see Kawamura or Hirata at all for P5.

Are you suggesting they'll get a new vocalist or no replacement at all? I can't see the latter happening, if so.

Also, the P5 teaser music sounds a little jazzy to me! :D

Sophia

Are you suggesting they'll get a new vocalist or no replacement at all? I can't see the latter happening, if so.

Also, the P5 teaser music sounds a little jazzy to me! :D

A new vocalist, and I won't make any more judgements of the music off that teaser. Not enough to go on. >_>;

Squire

Banned
Anybody else notice the sound effects? You can here what sounds like a dial tone once towards the beginning. There's also static and the sound of glass breaking repeatedly.

Caladrius

Well, whatever, P4A2 isn't even out yet so it's weird to even think about this, heh.

I came from the Kingdom Hearts fandom. I've been at the long-term speculation game for a long time.

I do kind-of wish they weren't held to having to give in-story justifications for the fighters so they could go crazy with the cast. Maybe one day.

Caladrius

So, SMT x FE.....is that still even happening? Feel like it's been forever since we heard anything.

A lot of the games they announced in January were still very early in Development. Considering that they had absolutely nothing to show for SMTxFE tells me that they were still in the conceptual stages when they made the announcement. It's probably still happening, but it's still going to be a long time before we get a taste of it. That and righting the WiiU ship is Nintendo's #1 priority right now, and SMTxFE is niche compared to what they need to get out there.

I'm eager to see it too.

Squire

Banned
We might hear about it in next year, the year of Persona.

It's the anniversary of the series, after all.

#yearofpersona

Watching the boards like a hawk for fan art.

I have this uneasy feeling though. Now the games announced, but we're still in uncharted waters. I guess it's time to worry over whether it will turn out good or not! :(

Jintor

tumblr_inline_mwso0tAhpY1sq9cvh.png

My big brother has been dancing for six days straight. He's just in his room, dancing all the time. He doesn't even smile. Send help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom