• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Setsu00

Actually, it does kinda seem like something was going to happen pretty soon. The p_kouhou Twitter account updated today with a message that is not related to any announced Persona product which is kinda unusual considering its mainly used for marketing purposes. Instead, Teddie wanted to know whether everyone was safe (because of the snow storm in Japan).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Squire

Banned
I think they will be released very close to the japanese release dates.

Oh totally. For PQ I expect a repeat of how SMTIV for released. For P4A2 I really think they could put it out the same week.

Yup. P4D definitely could too depending on what the actual release date is.

Yeah, for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed P4D into 2015 for us, so we could get P5 this year with Japan.

Shadow Yumi:
u5mUIXj.png

GLORY TO THE ALMIGHTY GUNTIARS

As for ATLUS, I'm positive that it's going to be about them announcing localization. PQ will most likely come around late June or early July at best. While P4U2 will most likely be around a week or two after the JP launch of the game. The only ones I still don't know when they would come out are P4D and P5. Since I can see going it either way for these two.

Rhapsody

Banned
Looking through the latest Atlus stuff, for some odd reason I thought Devil Survivor 2 Break Record was already out in Japan.
Forgot about there being such a long delay because of how early it was announced.

koutoru

GLORY TO THE ALMIGHTY GUNTIARS

As for ATLUS, I'm positive that it's going to be about them announcing localization. PQ will most likely come around late June or early July at best. While P4U2 will most likely be around a week or two after the JP launch of the game. The only ones I still don't know when they would come out are P4D and P5. Since I can see going it either way for these two.

Unless they want another fiasco on their hands, I don't think that's happening.

Squire

Banned
Unless they want another fiasco on their hands, I don't think that's happening.

Why would their be a fiasco? If they're going to region lock it, they're going to region lock it. It's not going to be a matter of "Well, we can launch simultaneously and lock it" or "We won't lock it, but we'll delay the western release by three months".

koutoru

Why would their be a fiasco? If they're going to region lock it, they're going to region lock it. It's not going to be a matter of "Well, we can launch simultaneously and lock it" or "We won't lock it, but we'll delay the western release by three months".

There are 2 major reasons why P4A was region locked:

1. The game had dual audio (which by itself isn't a problem but...)

2. The game was released in the US two weeks after the Japanese release.

Atlus was afraid of reverse importation since the game was about $90 in Japan and $60 in America.
Usually games go through a process of localization that takes at least 6 months.

That was not the case for P4A and Atlus was afraid that they wouldn't make their profit off the Japanese market.

If Atlus had went through a normal localization cycle the game probably wouldn't of been region locked.
They're not going to mirror this situation again (unless they region lock the game).

TWILT

Banned
Late, but for P4A2, still gonna stick with my man Yu Narukami, though I'll also mess around with Yukiko too. Sho sounds stupid cheap though, so I kinda want to try him too. :p

P4D's the same thing; Yu and Yukiko.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Since BD has random battles, I really like how you can adjust the encounter rate by -100% to +100%. If I'm a few job points away from leveling up I can turn that to max, take a few steps and hit a battle, get my points, then turn it back down again. If I'm returning to an area I know I'm way overleveled in, I can turn it all the way down and focus on getting my shit done if I don't want to be interrupted.

Squire

Banned
If Atlus had went through a normal localization cycle the game probably wouldn't of been region locked.
They're not going to mirror this situation again (unless they region lock the game).

Ah, I see what you're saying. That's basically what I posted on the previous page.

Rhapsody

Banned
For P4A2 since I don't have a lot of time, I'm sticking with Yu. He's still dumb and strong so why not.
If I have time for it, I'll learn Junpei and Labrys again.

I actually haven't been checking out PQ news. Trying to keep the game somewhat fresh I guess.
Bravely Default is so good.

dat mrgrgrgrgrgr

I'm only an hour or so in with 3 party members. Loving it but I just need more free time.

Danganronpa comes out tomorrow. I beaten the patched ver already but I still want to buy this. I wish February and March weren't packed with so many games.

Dantis

Since BD has random battles, I really like how you can adjust the encounter rate by -100% to +100%. If I'm a few job points away from leveling up I can turn that to max, take a few steps and hit a battle, get my points, then turn it back down again. If I'm returning to an area I know I'm way overleveled in, I can turn it all the way down and focus on getting my shit done if I don't want to be interrupted.

I know it sounds silly, but I actually dislike this.

I'd rather they balanced the difficulty and encounter rate and whatnot to what they felt was best, and then left it at that. Kinda feels like they're throwing their hands up and saying "Do it yourself!".

Sounds nice. I think I still prefer the Earthbound method though. Don't have to adjust anything.

XiaNaphryz

I'd rather they balanced the difficulty and encounter rate and whatnot to what they felt was best, and then left it at that. Kinda feels like they're throwing their hands up and saying "Do it yourself!".

It's just S-E making things more accessible again. For people who play on Easy and want to not fight as much, they can turn things down. For people like me who want to play on Hard and turn up the encounter rate simply because they want to OCD grind and be way OP, we can do that too.

From what I understand, leaving things on Normal and not messing with the encounter rate the game is perfectly playable.

FluxWaveZ

Yep.

Hey, Flux, does Atlus USA typically make announcements on Tuesdays? I feel like they do, but I know you might know for sure.

Just considering Atlus' internal games, they actually kinda do. At least, Catherine, P4A and SMT IV were.

Here's a list of some localization announcement dates. I'd consider P3FES and P3P outliers:

Persona 3 FES = February 25, 2008 (Monday)
Persona 4 = July 2, 2008 (Wednesday)
Persona 3 Portable = January 20, 2010 (Wednesday)
Catherine = March 1, 2011 (Tuesday)
Persona 4 Arena = February 21, 2012 (Tuesday)
Persona 4 Golden = May 2, 2012 (Wednesday)
Shin Megami Tensei IV = April 2, 2013 (Tuesday)

I'm considering the games I mentioned outliers because of some data I gathered which put them apart from the others. The average amount of time between a localization announcement date and the NA release date is about 5 months. The delay between P3FES' localization announcement and NA release was 1 month and 4 weeks

Also, it's not an internal Atlus project, but Conception II's localization was officially announced by Atlus on November 19, 2013. A Tuesday.

So I'd actually say that, for their more recent games, Tuesday seems to be the standard localization announcement day of the week.

I had predicted that Persona Q's localization announcement was going to be in May because that's the time frame when their localizations tend to be announced compared to the JPN release (average of about 40 days before the Japanese release date with the big outlier of P4A with 153 days before the JPN console release, but I'm going to be technical and say that it was announced 9 days before the JPN release in arcades), but I guess I'm starting to question that now.

I agree. The ability to set the encounter rate kind of breaks the game for me. I just put encounter rate 100%, set it on auto, and began grinding job points. Once I ran out of mp and couldn't heal, I just set the encounter rate to -100% and went back to town to rest.

XiaNaphryz

I agree. The ability to set the encounter rate kind of breaks the game for me. I just put encounter rate 100%, set it on auto, and began grinding job points. Once I ran out of mp and couldn't heal, I just set the encounter rate to -100% and went back to town to rest.

Of course it breaks the game, you're choosing to do so. ;)

You can also make it insanely difficult by disabling XP/JP gain. ;P

Progressing on Hard with everything on normal settings feels appropriately challenging though.

Squire

Banned

What a genius and thoughtful addition.

Just considering Atlus' internal games, they actually kinda do. At least, Catherine, P4A and SMT IV were.

Here's a list of some localization announcement dates. I'd consider P3FES and P3P outliers:

I'm considering the games I mentioned outliers because of some data I gathered which put them apart from the others. The average amount of time between a localization announcement date and the NA release date is about 5 months. The delay between P3FES' localization announcement and NA release was 1 month and 4 weeks

Also, it's not an internal Atlus project, but Conception II's localization was officially announced by Atlus on November 19, 2013. A Tuesday.

So I'd actually say that, for their more recent games, Tuesday seems to be the standard localization announcement day of the week.

I had predicted that Persona Q's localization announcement was going to be in May because that's the time frame when their localizations tend to be announced compared to the JPN release (average of about 40 days before the Japanese release date with the big outlier of P4A with 153 days before the JPN console release, but I'm going to be technical and say that it was announced 9 days before the JPN release in arcades), but I guess I'm starting to question that now.

Nice, I figured you'd be prepared. Thanks.

Looks like there's definitely a chance they announce something tomorrow. I should say Erin is pretty well aware her biggest fans are Persona fans.

Of course it breaks the game, you're choosing to do so. ;)

You can also make it insanely difficult by disabling XP/JP gain. ;P

Progressing on Hard with everything on normal settings feels appropriately challenging though.

True, but if the game allows for such a thing then I'm going to utilize it. I'm sure other people did the same thing. That's why it would have been better to just leave it at a set encounter rate.

FluxWaveZ

Shadow Yumi:
u5mUIXj.png

This one reminds me of that one Yu-Gi-Oh monster with its face as multiple masks, as depicted here. It's nice; kind of an explicit representation of "persona."

Read a comment concerning P4A2's story which could be interesting. It's not gonna happen but, basically, to subvert the restriction of canon that P4G and P4D—to a lesser extent—put in place, P4A2 could end ala P2:IS.

Dantis

So what you're saying is that Tuesday delivers.

I'll try my best to act surprised.

Sophia

I can see Persona 4 Arena 2 and Persona Q being announced tomorrow. They've been speeding up on localizations significantly. Plus if they announce Persona Q now that gives them time to do English versions of the character trailers.

Top Bottom