• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

Isn't it? Especially since the reason he was banned was presumably because he had imposed it on himself so as to not divulge too much information a year ago.

I had actually wondered if he was politely advised to by Atlus US.

I've heard of similar sorts of things elsewhere.

Caladrius

Reach out to the Truth is my favorite. The others are decent though.

If I get bored of the song I just play hilariously unfitting songs from my own collection.

Minako icons!

tumblr_inline_n0shxbZupr1qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_n0shxmzSz11qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_n0shy1qsTT1qhaskl.png

Didn't see these posted. Sorry if I'm late! ^_^

Sophia

If only we were offered either of those versions in-game. :(

I am hoping that the movie uses the reincarnation version at some point, seeing as the P4 Anime did use some reincarnation songs.

I had actually wondered if he was politely advised to by Atlus US.

I've heard of similar sorts of things elsewhere.

It's possible, but I bet the reasons were slightly more personal then that.

Gazoinks

Haha. I enter a room in Yukiko's castle and find a Gold Hand. Then I open the chest in the room and a Gold Hand jumps out. So much XP and money. :D

SlickVic

Yeah, golden hands really are a time saver for grinding. Managed to beat 3 of them and get Exp up lv 6 in shuffle time and everyone went up a good 3-4 levels afterwards lol. If only I could run into more without those other shadows getting in the way.

Dantis

No idea if anyone's interested, but the English translation of Persona X Detective is pretty much done. Something like fifteen pages left to translate. Is anyone else planning to read it? It would be cool if we all read it at the same time. It would be like a PersonaGAF book club, except reading something terrible.

No idea if anyone's interested, but the English translation of Persona X Detective is pretty much done. Something like fifteen pages left to translate. Is anyone else planning to read it? It would be cool if we all read it at the same time. It would be like a PersonaGAF book club, except reading something terrible.

I would totally be down for this. Junk like that can be good for you every once in a while :>

I'd be down as well, how long is it?

I'd give it a go-- would be fun to do something together while we wait for news...

I am down for this god awfulness.

Gazoinks

Don't know how long I'll last, but sounds like a fun idea.

Rhapsody

Banned
Maybe... Depends how long it is. There's other stuff I'd rather read but I"m kinda curious on how bad it is.
We'll see how long we last lol

it can't possibly be worse than Sword Art Online

Did people really hate the light novels that much? (aside from the 2nd arc)

Jintor

Well, i generally don't read even translated light novels because they don't really work right. But I was referring to the anime.

Shengar

402 pages.

Seeing as that's actually kind of significant for something that's apparently terrible (And there's 27 pages left to translate, actually), we could do it in two halves, or maybe even three or four parts, I dunno.

Is it really that terrible? 402 pages for that quality will be too much for me.

Shengar

Well, i generally don't read even translated light novels because they don't really work right. But I was referring to the anime.

Many who read the LN and watched the anime vastly preferred the former for various reasons. Though I don't if there is any episode 24 scene in the LN or the anime just make look worse than it should be because of terrible directing.

402 pages.

Seeing as that's actually kind of significant for something that's apparently terrible (And there's 27 pages left to translate, actually), we could do it in two halves, or maybe even three or four parts, I dunno.

We can do it, this will be our very own PersonaGAF P-1 Grand Prix! Only the manliest/womanliest/robotliest (sorry Sophia!) of all will will make it! :D

Sophia

If it's 402 pages and we all started reading at the same time I'd probably finish long before anyone else. Provided of course I don't get ill-motivated to continue.

Jintor

Many who read the LN and watched the anime vastly preferred the former for various reasons. Though I don't if there is any episode 24 scene in the LN or the anime just make look worse than it should be because of terrible directing.

I'm still trying to work out what the western equivalent of Light Novels are. Young Adult fiction?

I've read a few here and there and I don't know if it's just the translation or the style of writing but they simply don't do it for me.

PK Gaming

What was that Naoki guy's main issue? I never actually completed that S.Link so I'm wondering if I'm on the right track with him.
Naoki's social link primarily involves coping with fallout of his sister's death.
-Having to deal with people constantly feeling sorry for him, and not treating him like a regular Person. He feels isolated, and doesn't really have any friends outside of Yu.
-A quiet home, with depressed parents.
-Coming to terms with his sister's death. Up until the very end of his S.link, he doesn't shed tears over her death.
-There's this overbearing sense of imprisonment; he (and others) can't move on since people are always reminded of her death when they interact with him.

Minako icons!

tumblr_inline_n0shxbZupr1qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_n0shxmzSz11qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_n0shy1qsTT1qhaskl.png

Didn't see these posted. Sorry if I'm late! ^_^

Nice

She's really on a whole other level, I can't compete...

402 pages.

haha, as long as its not too dense, I've never read one of these "light novels" before so I'm not sure what to expect, I was sure it was a manga, but the wiki seems to think otherwise.

The fuck happened to HeavenSmiley?

I was wondering that myself.

A cursory look at his posting history led me to believe he got into an argument with a poster who works for NISA...but then again, he apologized for it, so I don't know. I'ts hard to think someone would ban someone as nice as HS though :/

Rhapsody

Banned

What happened in ep 24?

And over 400 pages huh. Hopefully that's LN sized pages. I might consider it.

Omikaru

That sounds interesting, even if it's horrible. I'd be down for that. :)

Shengar

I'm still trying to work out what the western equivalent of Light Novels are. Young Adult fiction?

I've read a few here and there and I don't know if it's just the translation or the style of writing but they simply don't do it for me.
Many discussion between my friends have agreed that LN is much equivalent of Young Adult fiction, in term of number to quality.

Personally I found many Japanese fiction, light novel or literary novel hard to judge from their writing because translation style is very important and could make a work very different from its original source. Though for the latter many fortunate enough to found good translator and make the translation writing excellent in their own way.
What happened in ep 24?

And over 400 pages huh. Hopefully that's LN sized pages. I might consider it.

Jintor, would you kind enough to post that gif? I don't save it when I have the chance :p

Dantis

haha, as long as its not too dense, I've never read one of these "light novels" before so I'm not sure what to expect, I was sure it was a manga, but the wiki seems to think otherwise.

There's a manga and a light novel. Light novel came first. I think the manga is still ongoing. The manga has nudity and looks kind of terrible.

Yup.

As far as the light novel goes we could just read a chapter a week or something. Would make it less of a commitment and by the time we were done, hopefully the last 25 pages would have been translated.

Top Bottom