• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

kewlmyc

As great as that would be, I don't see how they could fit that into the story. Unless they just make it a secret character.

Edit: I haven't completed all the P4A stories yet, so I could be wrong.
I felt the same, but then realized it's Atlus. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled some sort of BS excuse for it.

Which Character?
Nevermind. Think it's kinda cheap to use an OP character like that though. He insta kills any enemy he stares at, even bosses, and doesn't take damage.

Dantis

I felt the same, but then realized it's Atlus. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled some sort of BS excuse for it.

Yup. In the spinoffs, the game comes before the story explanation.

They'll incorporate it first and then fit it in afterwards.

That's not really too bad seeing as it's a game purely built on fan service, so I see why they would go with whatever just to get
P3MC
in.

Dantis

That's not really too bad seeing as it's a game purely built on fan service, so I see why they would go with whatever just to get
P3MC
in.

I agree, and I think it's what they should do.

I wish they wouldn't do that and then focus so heavily on the story though. I'd rather they just went all out and forgot the story.

What about the protag you don't use? Even though we have new videos every week, we honestly still don't know much about the game.

Maybe you'll get to name them both?

Nevermind. Think it's kinda cheap to use an OP character like that though. He insta kills any enemy he stares at, even bosses, and doesn't take damage.

Yeah, that's true. I hope they make it in though.
What weapon would he use though?

kewlmyc

I agree, and I think it's what they should do.

I wish they wouldn't do that and then focus so heavily on the story though. I'd rather they just went all out and forgot the story.

Maybe you'll get to name them both?
Or at least make it not canon so they can do whatever the hell they want with the story. One reason why I'm looking forward to PQ and not so much P4D. Having silly premises and trying to make them canon seems highly unnessessary.

PQ: Makoto, Junpei, Ken, Chie, Teddie
P4D: *shudders* Chie I guess :|
P4A2: Only the best Persona character, Junpei, and I'll keep Teddie and Chie as a secondaries
I'll also play Adachi if they make that magic happen

Edit: P5 staring Chie=life complete

Dantis

Or at least make it not canon so they can do whatever the hell they want with the story. One reason why I'm looking forward to PQ and not so much P4D. Having silly premises and trying to make them canon seems highly unnessessary.

Mhmm. I understand why they do it, and why they feel they have to, but I find it more irritating than anything.

Yeah, that's true. I hope they make it in though.
What weapon would he use though?

One handed sword, like in P3P.

PQ: Yu Narukami, Larry, Kanji Tatsumi, Yukari Takeba, Junpei Iori, Marie if playable lel
P4D: Larry and Kanji Tatsumi
P4A2:
tumblr_m7qv327QH41rplnw0.gif
, but I intend to pick up Personaless Sho, and Yukari Takeba.

FluxWaveZ

They mentioned in an interview that there was two more characters that they were trying to add before console release. One is the culprit like you mentioned. However, they said the second was planned for the story mode and they aren't sure if they'll have enough time to make it an actual playable character. This character is one that hasn't been in the game yet (playable or story mode), and is a character that people have been asking for. Only character that fits that description is Makoto, I think.

I'll look for the interview, but I'm posting from my phone so it might take a bit.

Links or this never happened. I've been following every single scrap of information concerning P4A2 and I've never heard of this. The only thing that comes remotely close is the 4gamer write-up which teased a "fan desired character" other than you-know-who appearing in P4A2 who may or may not be a playable character (said explicitly in the article). They said that their follow-up article would have more info on this.

That sounds to be what you're referring to, but unless the translations that came out of it were innacurate and you're citing from one that actually was, that wasn't how the culprit was mentioned. Article in question. A translation of said article.

Also, I'll main everyone. Kinda like I do now, except more.

FluxWaveZ

Man, that Axe is so awful. :/

Worst weapon in the series, though Zen's close to taking it as well with his dual wielding crossbows. Her name fits and all and I'm for axe wielding, Shinji style, but it looks a bit too silly. Reading the P4A art book and how they focused on making her movements look as though she was wielding a weapon with actual heft to it alleviated my negative opinion of it somewhat.

Her Persona makes up for it, at least. Ariadne is beautiful.

Gazoinks

So, tell me PersonaGAF, what is your Persona Q team going to be?

Mine will most likely be Narukami, Yosuke, Naoto, Junpei and Yukari.

Yu, Kanji, Junpei, Yukari, and Aigis probably. Assuming Aigis is a back-row character. Wish I could fit Chie in there somewhere, but Kanji and Junpei gotta stay.

P4D: I assume they all play the same, so... Everyone.

Arena: ALL OF THE SHADOWS

Honestly I like canon names better

I usually end up using the canon names if they're available because I'm boring. >.>

Also, I woke up with the Satomi Tadashi song in my head. I hope you're happy PGAF.

Acid08

Banned
PQ: Makoto, Yukari, Chie, Koro-Chan, Kanji. Greatest team ever? Yes definitely.

P4D: Chie, Yukiko, or Rise. Why the hell would you pick a dude in the cute outfits dancing game? The hell is wrong with y'all?

P4A2: Y'all already know what it is, Yukari of course.

PQ: Makoto, Yukari, Chie, Koro-Chan, Kanji. Greatest team ever? Yes definitely.

P4D: Chie, Yukiko, or Rise. Why the hell would you pick a dude in the cute outfits dancing game? The hell is wrong with y'all?

P4A2: Y'all already know what it is, Yukari of course.

Because watching Kanji dance like an idiot sounds hilarious

Acid08

Banned
Okay you guys are right, Kanji dancing will be awesome.

Still most excited about that ~Chie~ reveal. You guys think the outfits will be story based? Or maybe you'll be able to unlock new ones and change them whenever you want?

Sophia

Pfffttttt, the brave little toaster's design is far superior to Marilyn Manson's heart boobs!

This is true. Nothing is absurd as Maya's outfit. >_>;

Worst weapon in the series, though Zen's close to taking it as well with his dual wielding crossbows. Her name fits and all and I'm for axe wielding, Shinji style, but it looks a bit too silly. Reading the P4A art book and how they focused on making her movements look as though she was wielding a weapon with actual heft to it alleviated my negative opinion of it somewhat.

Her Persona makes up for it, at least. Ariadne is beautiful.

Might all I remind you of the absurd weapons that were being used in vanilla Persona 4? The axe at least makes sense for a robot with super strength. Compared to Yukiko somehow taking down huge shadows with just paper, or Kanji somehow bringing a desk into the Midnight Channel.

kewlmyc

Links or this never happened. I've been following every single scrap of information concerning P4A2 and I've never heard of this. The only thing that comes remotely close is the 4gamer write-up which teased a "fan desired character" other than you-know-who appearing in P4A2 who may or may not be a playable character (said explicitly in the article). They said that their follow-up article would have more info on this.

That sounds to be what you're referring to, but unless the translations that came out of it were innacurate and you're citing from one that actually was, that wasn't how the culprit was mentioned. Article in question.

Also, I'll main everyone. Kinda like I do now, except more.
That's what I was referring to. I mentioned in the spoiler tag that the character may or may not be playable, but they will be in the story. Also the culprit and you know who are the same person, just different wording. I don't see how what I posted and what you posted defer.

FluxWaveZ

That's what I was referring to. I mentioned in the spoiler tag that the character may or may not be playable, but they will be in the story. Also the culprit and you know who are the same person, just different wording. I don't see how what I posted and what you posted defer.

When is the following mentioned: "there was two more characters that they were trying to add before console release"? They also don't talk about the culprit being a playable character at all, from what I've seen.

Might all I remind you of the absurd weapons that were being used in vanilla Persona 4? The axe at least makes sense for a robot with super strength. Compared to Yukiko somehow taking down huge shadows with just paper, or Kanji somehow bringing a desk into the Midnight Channel.

It's personal preference. I'm okay with Baofu flipping coins at his enemies or Jun throwing roses, but I'm not into a huge ass axe.

Sophia

It's personal preference. I'm okay with Baofu flipping coins at his enemies or Jun throwing roses, but I'm not into a huge ass axe.

I didn't even think of Baofu's coins. There's always something absurd in P3/P4 that gets a pass in Persona 2. :p

At any rate, given that Labrys is a robot with superhuman strength and can wield the axe with a skill that no human could, it makes it a logical choice for a melee weapon.

I didn't even think of Baofu's coins. There's always something absurd in P3/P4 that gets a pass in Persona 2. :p

At any rate, given that Labrys is a robot with superhuman strength and can wield the axe with a skill that no human could, it makes it a logical choice for a melee weapon.

I feel like its the graphics that does it. GUITAR CASE MACHINEGUN

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that's part of what made me appreciate it a bit more through reading the sprite design notes for her in the art book. I'm also not into the fact that it has a double use as a jetpack, but it kinda makes sense since it has built-in thrusters.

It just lacks a certain aspect of subtlety for me. I'm much more into Sho's dual sword wielding, even though the hilt looks a bit odd.

kewlmyc

When is the following mentioned: "there was two more characters that they were trying to add before console release"? They also don't talk about the culprit being a playable character at all, from what I've seen.
SHO is playable and they mention that the 3rd might not be. If the culprit wasn't going to be playable, wouldn't they mention that he might not be playable just like they did with the mysterious 3rd character? Also why tease him in all the trailers if he's just going to be in the story only? It's just speculation and different wording.

FluxWaveZ

SHO is playable and they mention that the 3rd might not be. If the culprit wasn't going to be playable, wouldn't they mention that he wouldn't be playable just like they did with the mysterious 3rd character? Also why tease him in all the trailers if he's just going to be in the story only? It's just speculation.

It's alright if it's just speculation, but it isn't fact.

I had made a list of reasons concerning PK and buddha's bet as to why there's a good chance the culprit ends up playable, but none of that is a certainty. Sho was confirmed as a playable character straight up in the first announcement trailer of the game. SHO was the final boss. There was no question as to them being playable.

As for the P4 culprit, they have only been teased at the end of the console announcement trailer and have appeared as an NPC in the game's arcade mode, but that's it. They don't have to confirm one way or the other.

Edit: I do agree, though, that it's weird that they wouldn't mention it one way or the other for the culprit when the mystery character's status was. Might be further indication that they will be playable indeed.

Anyone not maining Da Man in Ultra Suplex Hold is a dang goof. I'll probably go with Kanji in P4D as well because he was the greatest dancer in Golden's opening.

Dantis

Okay you guys are right, Kanji dancing will be awesome.

Still most excited about that ~Chie~ reveal. You guys think the outfits will be story based? Or maybe you'll be able to unlock new ones and change them whenever you want?

I'm actually really interested to see what everyone looks like.

I think the outfits will probably be themed around the Yasogami uniform, like most of the fanart has depicted it.

Is that new art? Kaneko's faces are way sexier now.

Squire

Banned
I think people blamed Index for it, the same as they blamed Index for P4 milking.

I have a feeling it came from the higher ups at Atlus JP.

It's possible that Arena 2 will have lower sales expectations, so they don't consider it an issue, I guess.

It doesn't really matter whose decision it was, since it made sense, to start. The game was supposed to launch globally in each region very close together, but ASW and Zen dropped the ball.

The sad irony is that you always see "Atlus hates Europe" as a meme or whatever, but they did that to stop reverse importing, where JP players could import the game from the states at half the cost.

Happy 10th birthday!

(MBDTF > CD > Y > G > 808 > LR)

That album is still so goddamn good. I don't care to post a ranking, but yeah, happy anniversary to a really strong debut.

"Now even though I went to college and dropped outta school quick , I always had a PHD - a Pretty Huge D---"

#kappa

NichM says Atlus' CEO is in town this week...

Acid08

Banned
Hey Atlus guys maybe announce all four of the new Persona games for the US at once that would be pretty cool, just sayin'.

Top Bottom