• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

I can't tell what's going on, but it better be announcing Maya for P4D! :D

Positive thinking, is what it is!

tumblr_mrp2bikOcc1s153hoo1_1280.png

Rhapsody

Banned
What's significant about the new lobby system?
Besides multple matches, they added other features like making comments and allowing the host to change the room settings even after the lobby's been made (like changing rounds etc.). Also online training mode. Outside of that, there's another type of lobby that simulates a giant arcade.
Smedwicks, you're my favourite deputy.
Smedwicks is such a double triple agent.

Rhapsody

Banned
Multiple matches in the regular lobby sounded cool since Gundam already did it.

Honestly I never set it to that again since you need a lot of people in a lobby to make it useful.

Acid08

Banned
But people have multiple persona ~_!

The reason why your party members are limited to one Persona was because they needed a definite separation between the protagonist and his party members. (At least, that was the case in P3 anyway)
Yeah but also finding your ~true self~. Though I guess that only applies to P4.

Levito

Banned
This character is from a video game, sir.

She's the most anime ass character in that stupid shitty anime game, ya' fuckin' weeb.

Yeah, I'd rather not know.

I'm considering buying it. Would you recommend it?

Well, considering you like Persona and 999, I'd say there's a very good chance you'll like it.

It's also about 20 hours, so you're going to get your money's worth.

P3 just warned me about going out with other girls when I started going out with Chihiro. Does the game actually care or is it like P4 where it says it does but actually doesn't?

Levito

Banned
I'd rave more about Danganronpa, but my review still isn't done. Gotta save the words till then.

In short though, there's no reason at all to not get it if you like things like Persona, 999, VLR, and Ace Attorney.

Also you guys are bullies ;_;

You can't make posts saying "anime is shit" while using an anime girl icon, and not expect an ear beating. (^.^)

I've read through both 1 and 2 and they're great. Highly recommended.
Can I ask where you read them? I played the first one, and I'm not sure I can wait the Fan/Official translation of the second one.

I recommend the game too, thoroughly enjoyed from beginning to end. The only small complaint I have is that the "Social Links" weren't actually that cool nor interesting imho, but that is really a minor thing. The character themselves are awesome though.

P3 just warned me about going out with other girls when I started going out with Chihiro. Does the game actually care or is it like P4 where it says it does but actually doesn't?

You have to see whoever you're dating at least once every 60 days. Every time you do a social link with another dateable girl (regardless of rank), the time limit is decreased by 15 days. If you go over the time limit, the link reverses.

Sophia

I've read through both 1 and 2 and they're great. Highly recommended.

Also you guys are bullies ;_;

First you accuse me of being a bully in chat and now you're accusing everyone!

You have to see whoever you're dating at least once every 60 days. Every time you do a social link with another dateable girl (regardless of rank), the time limit is decreased by 15 days. If you go over the time limit, the link reverses.

This is a much bigger change then anything else in Persona 3 Portable. Game is so much easier when you don't have an artificial time limit like that.

Meia

And if you have two in the intimate part of the link at once, you can get a scene where the links will break. rip.

In other words, when you get one female to this part of her link, just finish it off before doing anymore female links.

PK Gaming

Yeah but also finding your ~true self~. Though I guess that only applies to P4.

I don't really agree with that assessment. Personas are like masks that you mentally don to deal with other people or situations. The facade used to overcome life hardships.

Have you heard of this saying?

A person has 3 faces

-One that they show to the world
-One that they show to friends & family
-And the true one that they show no one.

The first 2 faces are ostensibly Personas, but the third is the true self, which is loosely connected with the Persona.

I don't really agree with that assessment. Personas are like masks that you mentally don to deal with other people or situations. The facade used to overcome life hardships.

Have you heard of this saying?

A person has 3 faces

-One that they show to the world
-One that they show to friends & family
-And the true one that they show no one.

The first 2 faces are ostensibly Personas, but the third is the true self, which is loosely connected with the Persona.

I think the quote from the man himself sums it up nicely.

"a kind of mask, designed on the one hand to make a definite impression upon others, and on the other to conceal the true nature of the individual"

Oh wow. Never knew about that. Kind of a neat touch.

Top Bottom