• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Moonlight

Banned
12468857104_8eab0331a6_z.jpg

BD and DR so close together is so argh.

Gazoinks

why does nanjo in battle in p1 sound like he's voiced by a program and like three different people

Because Nanjo is a robot whose prime directive is to be #1.

Never noticed how terrible (or repetitive I guess) Mass Destruction is, I literally have to mute the game whenever I set foot in the Tartarus.

As I said earlier, I don't think Mass Destruction is a bad song, but it got too repetitive for me definitely. I liked how Tartarus has a jukebox function in FES and P3P, it'd be awesome to see that used for battles in 5.

Moonlight

Banned
Mass Destruction is goofy, but fun. Definitely not something you can expect to listen to without getting sick of for the amount that P3 expects you to, but I think I'm far enough away from that now that I can get into it every time it shows up on my playlist. It also makes you appreciate Wiping All Out that much more!

And yeah, the jukebox was kick-ass. Maya's Theme was basically the only thing saving me from Tartarus-induced madness.

Gazoinks

Mass Destruction is goofy, but fun. Definitely not something you can expect to listen to without getting sick of for the amount that P3 expects you to, but I think I'm far enough away from that now that I can get into it every time it shows up on my playlist. It also makes you appreciate Wiping All Out that much more!

And yeah, the jukebox was kick-ass. Maya's Theme was basically the only thing saving me from Tartarus-induced madness.

Say one thing for Tartarus though, it was really cool how the main theme builds up and adds new instruments for each block.

Also, I think I'm starting to come around on Reach vs History. I still like Reach more than History as a song, but the more triumphant feel suits Player Advantage, whereas History has a slightly more aggressive rock feel for normal battles. Too bad there's not another song for Enemy Advantage.

Meguro better not be stingy with the music in P5.

I want:

- A different battle theme for normal, player advantage and enemy advantage battles

- A different battle theme for every major boss

- Different over world themes depending on the time of day(morning/afternoon/night).

- Character themes(like P2)

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Maybe ;D

I want to try and be as non-specific as possible. Overall though, while the cast of DR1 is great, I definitely prefer SDR2's more, which makes me glad at the potential of SDR2 having a US release.

Yeah, I'm at the very end of SDR2 and definitely like the cast more in that game than the first game's. DR1 has a fun bunch, but I feel like they have a tendency to excessively play up the good and bad aspects of their tropes a bit too much without much wiggle room, whereas this second game gives this cast a lot more time to breath and develop as characters so that you feel like they have a lot more to offer as people than just their main specialty. Like I've actually cried over the deaths of two in particular that I really liked because that's how attached I got to them, which almost never happens for me when reading fiction in general. It's not unlike how I felt about going from P3 to P4 in retrospect; I still really like P3, but P4 just resonated with me more when it came out because everyone feels a little more grounded despite the obviously really crazy premise that they operate within.

I'm really glad this series looks like it has a shot at success overseas, though. Spike Chunsoft in all its various incarnations throughout the years have had really good reputations when it comes to game narratives in Japan, but it's only been recently that people overseas have really gotten that exposure and I think the DR games are as good a shot as any in addition the Zero Escape games to demonstrate why they're considered to be one of the masters of game storytelling. If nothing else, it's always nice to have more people to talk to about games that I'm into since it honestly gets a little lonely sometimes playing as many in just Japanese as I do, ahaha.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!

Really hoping the Persona Q character trailers stop at the main party members and don't start going into, like, Velvet Room people. I need an end in sight. This folder is getting enormous. I enjoy subtitling them, but I need something new, Atlus. Give me a Dancing All Night trailer or something. Please. I need it. I need it. :(

Really hoping the Persona Q character trailers stop at the main party members and don't start going into, like, Velvet Room people. I need an end in sight. This folder is getting enormous. I enjoy subtitling them, but I need something new, Atlus. Give me a Dancing All Night trailer or something. Please. I need it. I need it. :(

You are slave

Want emancipation?

cj_iwakura

You do realize no one is letting you leave once the P5 trailers start releasing.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus: "You'll only get Persona Q character trailers and you'll like it!"

I bet there'll be at least one set of character trailers for the Velvet Room people; maybe not those secondary trailers that all of the other characters have in their profile pages.

My guess was mid-March until we got video footage of something else, but they could just keep the PQ train rolling. March 14 is when the first set should be done—counting the Velvet Room characters—anyways, unless a Friday is skipped.

Slightly related: If the revived Persona magazine was actually going to be monthly, I would have expected a cover page reveal this week but, unless they're skipping February for some reason, I guess it isn't.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
You do realize no one is letting you leave once the P5 trailers start releasing.

"Persona 5 trailers are not a hunter unbenkownst to their prey."

That's how it goes, right?

I just want my calm before the storm. ;____;

Atlus: "You'll only get Persona Q character trailers and you'll like it!"

I bet there'll be at least one set of character trailers for the Velvet Room people; maybe not those secondary trailers that all of the other characters have in their profile pages.

My guess was mid-March until we got video footage of something else, but they could just keep the PQ train rolling. March 14 is when the first set should be done—counting the Velvet Room characters—anyways, unless a Friday is skipped.

Slightly related: If the revived Persona magazine was actually going to be monthly, I would have expected a cover page reveal this week but, unless they're skipping February for some reason, I guess it isn't.

Good point. I'll admit that I'd be down for some Elizabeth writing. She's as delightfully obtuse in Japanese as she is in English. I'm not complaining too much in the end. Those trailers bring in an okay number of views all things considered and more exposure for me as a translator is better than less. I just want closure at some point is all. ;____;

I hadn't heard one way or the other that the magazine was going to be monthly, though. After how well received that Hashino interview was, I definitely want to do more article scanlation work, but I always figured it'd be a little while yet since all of those games are coming out in the second half of the year. We shall see!

Necrovex

Dangan Ronpa bought. This month is making me so poor. ToS CE is later this month, and I have yet to import Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I know what you mean. Bravely Default, this game, and Donkey Kong, which I'll rent but that still costs money, are wrecking my wallet. Plus I went out of town to see Queen of the Stone Age live. Being poor is rough.

Also, why is there a Spiral (Gurren Lagann) character in DanganRonpa?

Caladrius

I know what you mean. Bravely Default, this game, and Donkey Kong, which I'll rent but that still costs money, are wrecking my wallet. Plus I went out of town to see Queen of the Stone Age live. Being poor is rough.

Aw shit, I forgot about Donkey Kong. If only I had enough for that too.

Rhapsody

Banned
Great. I forgot about Donkey Kong. Really wish I could get Steins;Gate too.

Then there's Mario Kart 8 and other stuff. The list just never ends.

Meia

Meguro better not be stingy with the music in P5.

I want:

- A different battle theme for normal, player advantage and enemy advantage battles

- A different battle theme for every major boss

- Different over world themes depending on the time of day(morning/afternoon/night).

- Character themes(like P2)

P4 did the boss thing fine I think. I like that each shadow shared the one big theme, as they really were all similar anyway. And then the bosses that really weren't, well, they had their own music already, which was perfect.

Heck, golden even did the other world thing too. Though there's a few songs that can play during the day and stuff during the year, not sure what the rhyme or reason to it was. Heartbreak was common, but Signs of Love also play sometimes(maybe those are days off only?). And of course, Sky Full of Stars which I really loved in Golden.

But dear god YES to the character theme idea. Imagine if we had that in P4 so in P4A all of themes would be of the same quality to Spirited Girl?

the bonus bosses should have had their own theme maybe. p3 had both tartarus guardians and full moon shadows on the regular with different themes so i preferred that.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I know what you mean. Bravely Default, this game, and Donkey Kong, which I'll rent but that still costs money, are wrecking my wallet. Plus I went out of town to see Queens of the Stone Age live. Being poor is rough.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

2wfkcWF.png

Top Bottom