• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Acid08

Banned
Goals for today in P1P:

Finally get through the SEBEC building
Get all characters to 20
Fuse Lillim for MC and Janus for Maki

hao chi

Mass Destruction is goofy, but fun. Definitely not something you can expect to listen to without getting sick of for the amount that P3 expects you to, but I think I'm far enough away from that now that I can get into it every time it shows up on my playlist. It also makes you appreciate Wiping All Out that much more!

And yeah, the jukebox was kick-ass. Maya's Theme was basically the only thing saving me from Tartarus-induced madness.

It took me a while after finishing P3 before I could listen to Mass Destruction outside of the game without just being irritated by it. I enjoy it now, but back then I could barely stand it.

I agree about Wiping All Out though. That's easily one of my favorite Persona songs, if not my favorite.

Oh, shit. You keep outdoing yourself. Love the gravestones. Is there anything to the faces on them? I've been squinting to make out some details but I'm not sure if I'm actually looking at something or not. Either way, it looks great - genuinely something I could imagine as a Shadow from P4.
Thanks. The faces on the stones are just supposed to be weathered skull engravings. I had originally designed him to be just carrying the one tombstone, but it was Chet's idea that he could smash tombstones over the party's heads or something, which I thought was a neat idea so I drew some others for him to pull up.

PK Gaming

Aw shit, I forgot about Donkey Kong. If only I had enough for that too.
there can oNLY BE ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Right at the bottom of the page, but I don't care--

Shadow Naoki:
kDu6mkP.png

Terrifying, in the best way possible

Lemstar

Gazoinks

Rhapsody

Banned
Gonna play some DR tonight. Then maybe place an order on Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I'm doing a terrible job at managing my money this year. Especially since I want to go to AX and Evo :[

Edit: PPT bought.

Goals for today in P1P:

Finally get through the SEBEC building
Get all characters to 20
Fuse Lillim for MC and Janus for Maki

I think you should fit in Cu Chulainn in there somewhere.

1 Double Thrust Medium Spear damage (area)
3 Magnara Medium Earth damage (1 foe)
? Mamagna Light Earth damage (all foes)
? Estoma Wards off weak foes (if you are at level, this can effectively remove random encounters)
? Outoma 25% chance to escape battle
? Dragon Whirl Heavy Spear damage (1 foe)

Acid08

Banned
I think you should fit in Cu Chulainn in there somewhere.

1 Double Thrust Medium Spear damage (area)
3 Magnara Medium Earth damage (1 foe)
? Mamagna Light Earth damage (all foes)
? Estoma Wards off weak foes (if you are at level, this can effectively remove random encounters)
? Outoma 25% chance to escape battle
? Dragon Whirl Heavy Spear damage (1 foe)
Huh, thus guy sounds good. Would he be good for Nanjo or the MC? I have the rest locked down for now.

Story is getting more interesting:
I'm in the "other" version of the school now. I'm guessing that little girl is somehow an alternate Maki. Oh cool, the Maki I've been rolling with is the other dimension version. That's a cooler explanation than amnesia.

Does anyone know if we can rename the MCs of P3 & P4 in Persona Q?

Are there any hints leaked from the trailers? It'll be good if they are named "Hero1" and "Hero2" for example.

Something like... "Please name the 2 heroes?"

But then again, players can only play 1 side of the story each time... 2 stories total. So you name 1 Hero and the other one gets a... default name?

Really confused on this point.

CorvoSol

Man, I'm trying to max all SLinks in P4G this time around and I was using a guide until I realized that the guide suuuuuuuucked. It was like "Hey you should be at rank 10 with these 5 people now." and I'm like "WHAT? HOW." And it was like "YOU SHOULD SPEND TIME READING BOOKS BECAUSE THAT REALLY THE SECOND TIME AROUND."

Been watching the anime, and I really like the way they handled the two-part Summer episode. I thought it was funny. Really makes me hope I can max out Hisano this go around.

Gazoinks

tumblr_inline_min7auZcRO1qz4rgp.png

Also, Operation Babe Hunt Mk II was amazing. Laughing through the whole thing.

Bonus, asshole Yu is a lazy bastard:

Been watching the anime, and I really like the way they handled the two-part Summer episode. I thought it was funny. Really makes me hope I can max out Hisano this go around.

The anime has issues with being rushed, but they did an impressive job fitting three links into two episodes there.

fertygo

Man, I'm trying to max all SLinks in P4G this time around and I was using a guide until I realized that the guide suuuuuuuucked. It was like "Hey you should be at rank 10 with these 5 people now." and I'm like "WHAT? HOW." And it was like "YOU SHOULD SPEND TIME READING BOOKS BECAUSE THAT REALLY THE SECOND TIME AROUND."

Just use the correct answer chart and make your own scheduling, following S.Link guide is suckballz.

Meia

The anime has issues with being rushed, but they did an impressive job fitting three links into two episodes there.

3? Was like 5, wasn't it? They got Death, Temperance, Devil, Tower, and Hermit all up in that bitch. :D

I think the more I think about the anime, the more I wonder if the issue with it is they just rushed it for no real good reason. The best part of the show was the very beginning, and who knows how long they had those episodes done. Tieing in some of the social link stuff for the characters and tieing it into their shadow fights was brilliantly done with Yukiko, and really makes me wonder why the hell they didn't even think about doing that for the others. Only explanation I can think of is they really rushed it out.

Would also explain the laughable "animation" that sometimes happened. Worst moment was in one of the IT discussion scenes, think it was about Rise, there was literally NO animation at all. The lips moved like some complain about PQ's do, but there was no blinking, no jaw moving, just nothing but flapping mouths. It was slightly eerie....

Gazoinks

3? Was like 5, wasn't it? They got Death, Temperance, Devil, Tower, and Hermit all up in that bitch. :D

I think the more I think about the anime, the more I wonder if the issue with it is they just rushed it for no real good reason. The best part of the show was the very beginning, and who knows how long they had those episodes done. Tieing in some of the social link stuff for the characters and tieing it into their shadow fights was brilliantly done with Yukiko, and really makes me wonder why the hell they didn't even think about doing that for the others. Only explanation I can think of is they really rushed it out.

Would also explain the laughable "animation" that sometimes happened. Worst moment was in one of the IT discussion scenes, think it was about Rise, there was literally NO animation at all. The lips moved like some complain about PQ's do, but there was no blinking, no jaw moving, just nothing but flapping mouths. It was slightly eerie....
Oh yeah, you're right. I was only thinking of the tutor, nurse, and child care but it was more than that!

Yeah, it was definitely rushed and probably also fairly low budget. I think Sophia mentioned a while back that there were abuses on the staff? The director is also know for being pretty mediocre, so... :|

PK Gaming

Welcome back

How are you doing right now? Did you manage to mitigate/sort out your problems?

Aww geez, I hope you didn't get screwed because of the guide I suggested... haha, ha. But I do remember being completely out of sync with the guide at one point, and still manage to max out everything in time. The guide covers bike dates, so if you completely ignore those you should get some extra leeway.

@Gazoinks: Haha, i'm glad your enjoying. And yeah operation "up close and personal" is nothing short of amazing; I defy anyone who thinks otherwise.

Gazoinks

@Gazoinks: Haha, i'm glad your enjoying. And yeah operation "up close and personal" is nothing short of amazing; I defy anyone who thinks otherwise.

I think I liked it more than Operation Babe Hunt in P3. :D And yeah, I'm definitely enjoying it. I mean, P4 is already one of my favorites games and P4G is P4 and then some, so... :p

CorvoSol

Welcome back

How are you doing right now? Did you manage to mitigate/sort out your problems?

Aww geez, I hope you didn't get screwed because of the guide I suggested... haha, ha. But I do remember being completely out of sync with the guide at one point, and still manage to max out everything in time. The guide covers bike dates, so if you completely ignore those you should get some extra leeway.

I did. I spent last week just relaxing, talking to family, studying, I read an entire book, worked out. I'm feeling much clearer of head this week.

Anyway, I think it is the guide you suggested. I don't know that I'm ruined, I just think it's like, I'm WAY out of sync with it. It wants me to have finished Chie, Dojima, the Fox, and Nanako by now. Currently I've finished Nanako. I'm gonna pour my attention into Marie and hope that I get her maxed between August and December (I think I'm at rank 4 or 5 with her) and also into Rise so I don't miss out on any Christmas stuff.

Dojima, the Fox, and Margaret are all Level 9. I think Chie, Daisuke and Ayane are level 7 and Adachi is level 6? He's super squirrely, so I take advantage of when he's around when I can.

Right now I'm stuck 'cuz the game's like "CATCH THESE GOD FISH" and I'm like "Yeah I forgot to get that bug. Woops."

Margaret is far and away the most expensive girl to date in the game. I started at level 4 and by the end of the night we were at level 9, but I began with 500k and ended with 150k. Woman cleaned Yu out. Got to hear a song about a nose, though.

PK Gaming

I did. I spent last week just relaxing, talking to family, studying, I read an entire book, worked out. I'm feeling much clearer of head this week.

Anyway, I think it is the guide you suggested. I don't know that I'm ruined, I just think it's like, I'm WAY out of sync with it. It wants me to have finished Chie, Dojima, the Fox, and Nanako by now. Currently I've finished Nanako. I'm gonna pour my attention into Marie and hope that I get her maxed between August and December (I think I'm at rank 4 or 5 with her) and also into Rise so I don't miss out on any Christmas stuff.

Dojima, the Fox, and Margaret are all Level 9. I think Chie, Daisuke and Ayane are level 7 and Adachi is level 6? He's super squirrely, so I take advantage of when he's around when I can.

Right now I'm stuck 'cuz the game's like "CATCH THESE GOD FISH" and I'm like "Yeah I forgot to get that bug. Woops."

Margaret is far and away the most expensive girl to date in the game. I started at level 4 and by the end of the night we were at level 9, but I began with 500k and ended with 150k. Woman cleaned Yu out. Got to hear a song about a nose, though.

With Marie, you can wait until December to max her out as she's available to S.link on every day until about the 26th? Not sure, but she's basically available for the entire month.

Your fine with
Adachi, his social link will auto rank from that point. Just be sure to confront him alone when the option presents itself in December.

Sophia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCWNDLM2qE

Actually, you can see the name "Protagonist" or "主人公" in the trailer. This strongly suggests that players can rename Yu and Minato.

However, it seems that the Protagonist is... voiced... correct?

My guess is that the protagonist you don't play as is already named, and the one you do play as can be named freely. Both videos at the start just call them Protagonist tho.

Moonlight

Banned
Right now I'm stuck 'cuz the game's like "CATCH THESE GOD FISH" and I'm like "Yeah I forgot to get that bug. Woops.
I wouldn't worry about it, once winter starts you'll be able to dig bugs out from your garden (at the expense of actually being able to harvest plants from your garden).

Gazoinks

I have to say Shadow World really grew on me. I still like the atmosphere of the original more, but it's a nice opening and the colors really take advantage of the OLED. Although it's somewhat soured because it can't possibly compare to Levito's version.

Acid08

Banned
Megido is fucking STOMPING these mobs, wow. And a character just called Mark a monkey boy....and he was originally black....hooray for Japanese racially insensitivity.

Gazoinks

Megido is fucking STOMPING these mobs, wow. And a character just called Mark a monkey boy....and he was originally black....hooray for Japanese racially insensitivity.

He wasn't originally black. He was white and then black and then white again. So it's only racist if they said that in Revelations: Persona. :p

Like this
spot_g8-persona-2.jpg

Acid08

Banned
He wasn't originally black. He was white and then black and then white again. So it's only racist if they said that in Revelations: Persona. :p

Like this
spot_g8-persona-2.jpg
Is be interested to know if it was like that if anyone knows. Because that shit would be fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Sophia

Like this
spot_g8-persona-2.jpg

One of those things that wouldn't appear racist at all to a Japanese person due to the typical portrayal of zombies, but suddenly becomes racist with people of multiple ethnicities.

Gazoinks

One of those things that wouldn't appear racist at all to a Japanese person due to the typical portrayal of zombies, but suddenly becomes racist with people of multiple ethnicities.

Yup. I kind of wish they'd put R:p up on the PSN store, because I kind of want to play it at some point. Have to finish P1P first though. :p

Sophia

Yup. I kind of wish they'd put R:p up on the PSN store, because I kind of want to play it at some point. Have to finish P1P first though. :p

It is very dated, and essentially the same game as Persona 1 Portable. I wouldn't mind having a properly translated version of the PS1 version. If just for nostalgic and completion sakes.

Gazoinks

It is very dated, and essentially the same game as Persona 1 Portable. I wouldn't mind having a properly translated version of the PS1 version. If just for nostalgic and completion sakes.

I know, I just find the wacky localization kind of adorable. :D

That world map though. Brrr.

Well, I was going to play and finish the void, but apparently 32 with a level 36 persona is too low because regular mobs are slaughtering me with atom slicer.

Dantis

Another Tuesday gone, and still no Dancing All Night.

I read the first chapter of Persona x Detective last night. Let's just say that it can't get any worse!

Also, I've been playing Tomb Raider for PS4. Wasn't sure about playing through it all again, but I'm loving it. Bloody beautiful game too.

Finally, I might enter that stupid Lightning Returns contest. I think some amazing artist will do something which will blow anything I draw out the water, but whatever.

My guess is that the protagonist you don't play as is already named, and the one you do play as can be named freely. Both videos at the start just call them Protagonist tho.

Yeah that would make much better sense.

You can name the protagonist you PLAY as where the other "protagonist" is simply given a name.

However, both protagonists ARE VOICED though which makes me think...

WILL PERSONA 5'S MC be voiced? Like Persona Q?

Tiu Neo

Too many new games, so little money. Fuck taxes.
At least I could get Bravely Default this month. DanganRonpa next month, for me.

Another Tuesday gone, and still no Dancing All Night.

They won't be crazy enough to wait until Persona Q is out to show us more of Dancing All Night, I hope. :(

Omikaru

The only two games that really clash from a marketing perspective are P5 and PQ. P4D and Arena 2 are really for the hardcore fans (who will buy everything Persona-related) and fans of other genres (who are more likely to be drawn in by the spinoff games at first, and then have them be a Persona gateway drug in the future). P5 and PQ are both RPGs, however, so I expect there is a degree of overlap between the kinds of people who they are marketing to there.

I think we'll see more on P4D and Arena 2's console release before PQ is released, but I doubt we'll see anything on P5 until PQ is out in Japan.

Top Bottom