• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

cj_iwakura

He wasn't originally black. He was white and then black and then white again. So it's only racist if they said that in Revelations: Persona. :p

Like this
spot_g8-persona-2.jpg

Reeeemix

tumblr_n0tdwctuI31qb3av2o1_400.png

OTP:

tumblr_n0tlhjlAi41rpsmato1_500.jpg

Die For Me:

Or is life a dream?
tumblr_n0ripoTLN21qdfymko1_r1_500.jpg

Also,

tumblr_n0sukn81pO1rpsmato1_500.jpg

now that's a final boss.

Okay, so in P3, when it comes to the girls you are in a relationship with, does it bother them if you just hang out with any of the dateable girls even if you aren't yet in a relationship with them or does it only bother them if you hang out with other girls you are actually in a relationship with? Because if it's the former, now that I'm thinking about it all, it sounds like a big pain in the ass to up the dateable girls' S.Links, actually.

FluxWaveZ

That's not quite what I meant. I mean the two developers have different schedules, so the reason we haven't seen anything yet from P4D is simply because they are not ready.

Ah, gotcha. I feel that the fact that the media focus is concentrated on PQ is important concerning the reason we haven't seen much info on the other games yet, though.

Ah, gotcha. I feel that the fact that the media focuses is concentrated on PQ is important concerning the reason we haven't seen much info on the other games yet, though.

Oh yeah, no doubt they want the focus to be mainly on one at a time, I just don't think they are waiting till PQ is released to start showing us P4D.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
P3FES Just showed up on EU PSN as a PS2 classic:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-fes/cid=EP0005-NPED00271_00-GPERSONA3F000001 $14.45 AUD

Edit: 4.3GB and it's a US import apparently. "This title is a North American Import. Game content is available in English only and requires a 60hz compatible display."
More edit: The blog post is up now and it's £7.99/€9.99.

I've only played through P3P before. Seems like it would be worth a playthrough of the original PS3 version. I'll miss Female MC though :(

PK Gaming

Okay, so in P3, when it comes to the girls you are in a relationship with, does it bother them if you just hang out with any of the dateable girls even if you aren't yet in a relationship with them or does it only bother them if you hang out with other girls you are actually in a relationship with? Because if it's the former, now that I'm thinking about it all, it sounds like a big pain in the ass to up the dateable girls' S.Links, actually.

It's the former, i'm afraid. If you're dating someone, and you hang out with another girl (regardless of rank) then they get jealous and the timer drops by 15 days.

It's backwards and stupid. The whole dating concept in P3 just rubs me the wrong way (the game frames each of these social links in a way that the end goal is romance. Always)

Omikaru

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-fes/cid=EP0005-NPED00271_00-GPERSONA3F000001 $14.45 AUD

Edit: 4.3GB and it's a US import apparently. "This title is a North American Import. Game content is available in English only and requires a 60hz compatible display."

Very nice on it being the US version. The PAL version published by Koei wasn't too hot.

Also, it's £7.99 in UK, and €9.99 in Australia. Instabought!

CorvoSol

With Marie, you can wait until December to max her out as she's available to S.link on every day until about the 26th? Not sure, but she's basically available for the entire month.

Your fine with
Adachi, his social link will auto rank from that point. Just be sure to confront him alone when the option presents itself in December.

Ah, okay, I'll just try and rotate between her, Rise and whoever the guide says from this point on, then. Priority goes to Marie and Rise, then party members, then everybody else.

I wouldn't worry about it, once winter starts you'll be able to dig bugs out from your garden (at the expense of actually being able to harvest plants from your garden).

Yeah, I'm not that stressed about it. As long as I have enough time to max the SLink with the Fox before the final battle I'm cool. The only "time sensitive" not time sensitive one is Rise, so I don't find myself crying about not being intimate.

tumblr_n0ujcwwslM1qi2jq9o1_500.png

Hello ladies~

"Do not be alarmed, your body is safe and sound."

Squire

Banned
Also, I've been playing Tomb Raider for PS4. Wasn't sure about playing through it all again, but I'm loving it. Bloody beautiful game too.

Finally, I might enter that stupid Lightning Returns contest. I think some amazing artist will do something which will blow anything I draw out the water, but whatever.

Nice. You should get DR, man. It's great. I played it for five hours last night . Only stopped because I didn't want to go into the first trial while I was sleepy.

That's not quite what I meant. I mean the two developers have different schedules, so the reason we haven't seen anything yet from P4D is simply because they are not ready.

Actually, Hashino said to start P4D was basically done and they were at the point where they were just adding more songs.

I kind of would like it if P5 followed or had similarities to Dang Gone Ron Paul's trippy cerebral style of music.

YES! Oh my god, the music is intoxicating.

Actually, Hashino said to start P4D was basically done and they were at the point where they were just adding more songs.

I said I think that they're not ready, not that the game isnt finished.

And at the end of the day none of us actually know. I was just saying my opinion.

Nah cj. Maya and Tatsuya are better left to a siblingy relationship, leave Tatsuya to Lisa or Jun. :p Katsuya is better with Maya.

Also yes that boss was pretty awesome.
WITH YOUR DADDY ISSUES COMBINED.

P2EP kind of changes things somewhat.

P2IS and P2EP spoilers below:

P2IS Maya and Tatsuya? Totally, big sis little bro relationship there. P2EP Maya and Tatsuya? Nah.

Squire

Banned
I said I think that they're not ready, not that the game isnt finished.

And at the end of the day none of us actually know. I was just saying my opinion.

Well, I got what you meant and I wasn't really trying to argue. Just saying they're probably sitting on plenty of material that they could give to the marketing department, but they're focused on PQ only for whatever reason.

Gazoinks

P2EP kind of changes things somewhat.

P2IS and P2EP spoilers below:

P2IS Maya and Tatsuya? Totally, big sis little bro relationship there. P2EP Maya and Tatsuya? Nah.

I guess my memory of EP is getting fuzzy already. :p I still want to believe in Katsuya. >.>

It's the former, i'm afraid. If you're dating someone, and you hang out with another girl (regardless of rank) then they get jealous and the timer drops by 15 days.

It's backwards and stupid. The whole dating concept in P3 just rubs me the wrong way (the game frames each of these social links in a way that the end goal is romance. Always)
Ah, okay, lame. From what I understand there are five or so dateable girls in the game then? I'm trying to wrap my head around the logistics, it seems like a nightmare. I also shouldn't have leveled Chihiro up as fast as it did, but I didn't expect the relationship to appear that quickly either. Oh well, I'll make it work.

Anyways, random question for one of the Full Moon Operations --
what happens if you bring both Junpei and Akihiko to the love hotel?
Just curious.

Musolf815

So I was feeling super wigged out after drinking two caffeinated drinks and a meeting with a professor (I have GAD so this made me a nervous wreck) I needed to chill, so I loaded up a save of P4G, got my headphones in, and just wandered around Inaba listening to "Heartbreak, Heartbreak". Calmed me down in minutes.

FluxWaveZ

Dantis

More edit: The blog post is up now and it's £7.99/€9.99.

I've only played through P3P before. Seems like it would be worth a playthrough of the original PS3 version. I'll miss Female MC though :(

YESSSSSSS.

Might buy. Though it would actually be cheaper to buy the US one when it's constantly on sale.

pan-hime

Oh cool, didn't know one of these was out there. Kinda hesitant to watch it, though. Don't wanna experience the heartbreak.

Must have really sucked to be out there and to not be aware of the P5 teaser until you got home.

the uploader didn't knew about it until a few hours after they left for home. :(

Trigger

So I was feeling super wigged out after drinking two caffeinated drinks and a meeting with a professor (I have GAD so this made me a nervous wreck) I needed to chill, so I loaded up a save of P4G, got my headphones in, and just wandered around Inaba listening to "Heartbreak, Heartbreak". Calmed me down in minutes.

I do that a lot often. Playing one of the calmer songs from the series when I'm nervous really helps.

cjkeats

Two of my GAF friends went and only found out about p5 after the fact. It was nice to get the announcements fast from twitter though while the stream was delayed, but man what a bummer it must've been.

Jachaos

So I just beat this game for the first time. Loved it, one my favourites I've played in a long time. The storyline, the vibe from it and the small japanese town, the UI, the soundtrack, etc.

I have a question about the ending and a few trophies though.
So since I went in blind for most of the game and only followed a guide to get to Adachi and Marie, I also didn't max out all the social links. This means I didn't get what seems to be the ''true ending'' where you fight Izanami. I also saw I didn't get a trophy for beating Margaret. My question is that I now have the choice to go on with a new game+. I doubt I'll get the Platinum since it seems so hard so I'm thinking of giving up on Hardcore Risette fan as well. If I play the game again, try to get all the social links, read all the books and get to the ending where I beat Izanami, since it will be my first time, will I also be able to beat Margaret ? Or does that require yet another playthrough ?

Also, can anything bad happen if I have a romantic relationship with all the girls ? Can they get mad and I miss out on something ? I went with a single one all this playthrough but it seems you can have more than one (I was kinda disappointed nobody acknowledged the relationship when with one of the girls - everybody went on Yukiko like nothing had happened in the S. Link conversations and the same thing goes for other stuff like seeing a movie and stuff.)

Two of my GAF friends went and only found out about p5 after the fact. It was nice to get the announcements fast from twitter though while the stream was delayed, but man what a bummer it must've been.

Oh, man! That blows...

Must have really sucked to be out there and to not be aware of the P5 teaser until you got home.

No lie... Man, that was a wild night on GAF. I'll never forget it! People were freaking out, afraid that the only Persona titles they would be getting were Persona Q and Dancing All Night. While I was honestly excited by those two reveals, I definitely understood the anticipation for a Persona 5 announcement. No doubt the game will be huge!

Gazoinks

So I just beat this game for the first time. Loved it, one my favourites I've played in a long time. The storyline, the vibe from it and the small japanese town, the UI, the soundtrack, etc.

I have a question about the ending and a few trophies though.
So since I went in blind for most of the game and only followed a guide to get to Adachi and Marie, I also didn't max out all the social links. This means I didn't get what seems to be the ''true ending'' where you fight Izanami. I also saw I didn't get a trophy for beating Margaret. My question is that I now have the choice to go on with a new game+. I doubt I'll get the Platinum since it seems so hard so I'm thinking of giving up on Hardcore Risette fan as well. If I play the game again, try to get all the social links, read all the books and get to the ending where I beat Izanami, since it will be my first time, will I also be able to beat Margaret ? Or does that require yet another playthrough ?

Also, can anything bad happen if I have a romantic relationship with all the girls ? Can they get mad and I miss out on something ? I went with a single one all this playthrough but it seems you can have more than one (I was kinda disappointed nobody acknowledged the relationship when with one of the girls - everybody went on Yukiko like nothing had happened in the S. Link conversations and the same thing goes for other stuff like seeing a movie and stuff.

Firstly:
Fighting Izanami isn't connected to your Social Links. There's a couple of events you have to do on the last day, if you still have a save from then it might be a good idea to go back and do that. If not, no big deal really.

Margaret, I believe in order to fight her in NG+ you have to max her Link in your first playthrough. Have you done that?

There's not really anything that'll happen to you if you go the man-whore route except apparently an event during Valentine's in P4G. There were some actual penalties in P3, but they were removed for 4.

No lie... Man, that was a wild night on GAF. I'll never forget it! People were freaking out, afraid that the only Persona titles they would be getting were Persona Q and Dancing All Night. While I was honestly excited by those two reveals, I definitely understood the anticipation for a Persona 5 announcement. No doubt the game will be huge!

I think my favorite part was the P4D reveal. Just watching in absolute amazement/horror as that thing we'd joked about for months suddenly faded onto the screen. Good times.

Jachaos

Firstly:
Fighting Izanami isn't connected to your Social Links. There's a couple of events you have to do on the last day, if you still have a save from then it might be a good idea to go back and do that. If not, no big deal really.

Margaret, I believe in order to fight her in NG+ you have to max her Link in your first playthrough. Have you done that?

There's not really anything that'll happen to you if you go the man-whore route except apparently an event during Valentine's in P4G. There were some actual penalties in P3, but they were removed for 4.

I think my favorite part was the P4D reveal. Just watching in absolute amazement/horror as that thing we'd joked about for months suddenly faded onto the screen. Good times.

Oh. Huh. Thanks a lot !
I'll load back a save and do that with my original playthrough. As for Margaret, I haven't maxed her on my first playthrough. Didn't feel like hunting Personas with skills and the such, I just wanted to soak the game in and keep the action moving. I guess that would be for a 3rd playthrough then, along with Hardcore Risette Fan and such. If I get there.

Meia

Oh. Huh. Thanks a lot !
I'll load back a save and do that with my original playthrough. As for Margaret, I haven't maxed her on my first playthrough. Didn't feel like hunting Personas with skills and the such, I just wanted to soak the game in and keep the action moving. I guess that would be for a 3rd playthrough then, along with Hardcore Risette Fan and such. If I get there.

I want to say the only stipulations for being able to fight
Margaret is it has to be a game +, you have to have the link maxed before 3/20, and you have to beat all of the "optional" boss shadows before that point as well(the ones at the end of each of the dungeons that only appear once you've rescued the person).

I've also heard that the Rise quote count carries over from one playthrough to the next, so it's easier to get on a game + as well if you just use different people, but not 100% on that one.

Jachaos

I want to say the only stipulations for being able to fight
Margaret is it has to be a game +, you have to have the link maxed before 3/20, and you have to beat all of the "optional" boss shadows before that point as well(the ones at the end of each of the dungeons that only appear once you've rescued the person).

I've also heard that the Rise quote count carries over from one playthrough to the next, so it's easier to get on a game + as well if you just use different people, but not 100% on that one.

I plan on using different characters anyway but this would make it considerably easier. [Edit : actually, both of what you said would be considerably less time consuming, fighting her and getting the Risette fan] I feel I'm really close to getting it as I've analyzed a bunch of enemies both under-leveled and over-leveled and looking at a list it seems most of those listed, I've heard, except for the ones regarding characters I haven't used.
I've been rolling with Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji since Rise joined the team, with the exception of bringing in Teddie for Shadow Mitsuo. I'm going to use Chie, Teddie and Naoko this time around and see if it pops. Going after Margaret should help too apparently.
Hey, maybe I'll even get it this playthrough after all as well now that I know I can have a crack at another dungeon !

CorvoSol

Ah, okay then. I'd help him anyway. Brosuke and I haven't had a chance to hang for awhile because everyone in Inaba is a wussy Californian who flees at the sight of rain.

Not like Yu, whose pappy is a Murican from Warshington. 50% of Yu's blood is rainwater.

I still recall that I did one of Naoto's earlier S.Links when it was raining, not sure what was up with that.

It is kind of funny how rain seems to completely shut down fucking everything and everyone in Inaba though.

Gazoinks

I still recall that I did one of Naoto's earlier S.Links when it was raining, not sure what was up with that.

It is kind of funny how rain seems to completely shut down fucking everything and everyone in Inaba though.

My Yu probably ended up overweight by the end of P4 because I spent every rainy day eating giant beef bowls. :p

Speaking of which, the Vox Populi thing in P4G is a godsend. It's really nice being able to easily see some options for the day. Although I never understand people who go straight home. There is never a reason to do that ever.

Top Bottom