• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

kewlmyc

I'm glad that Persona is a big enough series that future installments can easily be funded, unlike a certain other series I love. ;_;

kewlmyc

Alright, Mr. Scrafty, here's what I came up with:

First, the background on its own:

I found a really nice piece by Soejima:

Looking sharp as fuck in Persona Q:

"Here's our chance! Let's get 'em!":

Junpei's character art for Spring of Birth:

"Surprising Slugger of Futile Swing":

Sorry about no P4U2 sprites one; while I do have a Junpei sprite that I could use, I've found it really difficult to find a sprite of Trismegistus that would come out clean and good for use on something like this. But don't worry, once that game releases I'll be able to do a bunch of stuff with Junpei's sprites.

I've added these wallpapers to my "Color" series gallery, which you can find here.

Enjoy! :D

You but everyone here to shame. Great work as usual.

What if there was a velvet room entrence at school in P5? That way you could stop by right after class and stock up on personae of the arcana relevant to the links you want to do, and you wouldn't have to run all the way to God-knows-where and back

Edit: TTS NICE! Those are amazing, especially the background, thanks for giving the all time best Persona character the all time best assortment of backgrounds :D you da man!

Alright, Mr. Scrafty, here's what I came up with:

First, the background on its own:

I found a really nice piece by Soejima:

Looking sharp as fuck in Persona Q:

"Here's our chance! Let's get 'em!":

Junpei's character art for Spring of Birth:

"Surprising Slugger of Futile Swing":

Sorry about no P4U2 sprites one; while I do have a Junpei sprite that I could use, I've found it really difficult to find a sprite of Trismegistus that would come out clean and good for use on something like this. But don't worry, once that game releases I'll be able to do a bunch of stuff with Junpei's sprites.

I've added these wallpapers to my "Color" series gallery, which you can find here.

Enjoy! :D

Once again...

YOU'RE THE BEST!

AROUND!

NOTHIN'S GONNA EVER KEEP YOU DOWN!

I'm gonna move each of my games to their own pages just so I can use all of those wallpapers :)

pan-hime

What if there was a velvet room entrence at school in P5? That way you could stop by right after class and stock up on personae of the arcana relevant to the links you want to do, and you wouldn't have to run all the way to God-knows-where and back

Velvet room in a bathroom stall.

FluxWaveZ

I'm glad that Persona is a big enough series that future installments can easily be funded, unlike a certain other series I love. ;_;

I was actually about to type something like this here after seeing the ZE3 thread.

I'm probably not as big a purveyor of niche titles as some people can be, but it gets fairly frustrating when the games that appeal to me the most are, oftentimes, games that also have a low mass market appeal and sell poorly relative to their actual quality.

Ghost Trick, The World Ends With You, the Zero Escape series and even Ace Attorney at times... Some of my most favorite games of all time, but sell like crap.

I'm glad that, in Persona, I can be a huge fan of a series that, while not the biggest thing out there, is popular enough to justify its own existence and have multiple spin-offs and media products out there.

Banzai

P3P:
reached the end of Tartarus, now what? also defeated angry jesus and suitcase guy without any problems whatsoever, then got completely annihilated by the shadow in one turn...what just happened there...

What does it mean when it says that Yukari might get upset with me if i spend time with other girls? Ive maxed her SL already and dont want to miss on the others just because there doesnt seem to be a "stay friends" option. I want to hang out with Mitsuru, when can I finally hang out with her? Ive aced every exam and am a genius.

Meia

P3P:
reached the end of Tartarus, now what? also defeated angry jesus and suitcase guy without any problems whatsoever, then got completely annihilated by the shadow in one turn...what just happened there...

What does it mean when it says that Yukari might get upset with me if i spend time with other girls? Ive maxed her SL already and dont want to miss on the others just because there doesnt seem to be a "stay friends" option. I want to hang out with Mitsuru, when can I finally hang out with her? Ive aced every exam and am a genius.

Once you've maxed out a link, nothing you can do can reverse it or break it. It's called an "unbreakable" bond after all. :)

In terms of spoiler, um, wut?

CorvoSol

Okay someone explain to me what's going on. The text says "You feel your relationship with Marie will grow deeper." But when I do the SLink, there's no Rank Up. Why?

Szadek

Okay someone explain to me what's going on. The text says "You feel your relationship with Marie will grow deeper." But when I do the SLink, there's no Rank Up. Why?
There is some kind of point system that you can't see and you don't have enough points for the next level.

Meia

There's a bug with the link is the best I can figure. I know some parts are tied to certain story events(and unlike with the other new link in Golden you won't be told you can't advance it anymore til the story moves forward).

There are times when it'll say "it'll grow deeper" and then it doesn't for whatever reason. Then there are times it works correctly. If I had to guess they didn't code in a message that says that it won't advance for her for whatever reason.

And the guides do work, you just need to get a good one I guess. Always make sure you have a matching persona for the day(minus Death which always ranks up regardless of what you do or say to her), and then just hope for the best I guess. You almost always want to save every single day in case things diverge, as you've seen if it diverges a little it can greatly later. If worse comes to worse, once all of the night-time links are done, you can always just spend the nights with the relationship fortune, resetting if you don't get "will become closer soon" if it wasn't a Great Blessing. Marie you can hang out literally every single day in December, so there's no real rush for hers til then.

In my playthrough just now, I got to January with leaving Kanji's at like 3 or something, and I maxed it way before the end of the month with the fortune shrine.

Dantis

TrueSelf just linked this on Twitter. New PQ trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCXe2EGTevs

First off, it's actually excellent. Secondly, now that we've had something more significant for PQ, I want some Dancing All Night news.

EDIT: Beaten by a minute!

DOUBLE EDIT: I just realised that someone (Presumably Soejima) has drawn really excellent new art for the actual Persona in that trailer. Orpheus looks badass.

FluxWaveZ

Zero Escape whyyyyyyyyyyyy

More proof that Persona 5 is Zero Escape 3 after all, no worries.

DOUBLE EDIT: I just realised that someone (Presumably Soejima) has drawn really excellent new art for the actual Persona in that trailer. Orpheus looks badass.

Oh, yeah. Neat seeing how the games evolve over time from the first time they show it. I remember paying attention to that process with P4A.

Still, everything's gonna be about PQ for a long while still, I bet. We'll get the couple of PQ character vids tomorrow, like always...

Lunar15

Hopefully we'll get an official version of that trailer without Iwata talking. I'm still obsessed with that song in the trailer, it's definitely Meguro.

Dantis

I hadn't even considered that you might be able to have both MCs in a party. Not saying that I didn't think it was possible, it just didn't cross my mind.

Doesn't affect anything though. I'll still just have one of them. I like the secondary characters a lot more than the MCs.

Setsu00

Considering it's already Valentine's day over here in Germany, have this drawing of Catherine I made to commemorate this occasion:

catherine2qbsna.png

I actually drew that sketch a week ago and meant to finish it, but than that Lightning Returns contest happened, so that will have to suffice. I'm sorry.

Dantis

So it looks like there actually is an Alice in Wonderland section in PQ, based on that trailer.

Which is pretty cool. I hope it's good, because Alice in Wonderland is amazing.

Considering it's already Valentine's day over here in Germany, have this drawing of Catherine I made to commemorate this occasion:

I actually drew that sketch a week ago and meant to finish it, but than that Lightning Returns contest happened, so that will have to suffice. I'm sorry.

This is excellent!

Meia

So it looks like there actually is an Alice in Wonderland section in PQ, based on that trailer.

Persona x Kingdom Hearts confirmed.

Now that I'm almost done with EO4(which is my first EO game and incredible), I really wonder how the characters are going to translate into EO style classes, or if they're just going to be their own thing entirely. The burst abilities may just be character specific it looks like, which is fine.

PK Gaming

(whistles)

Nice.

Very nice.

Gazoinks

Man, as much as I love Alice In Wonderland, I'm getting sick of it being the obligatory go-to whenever someone wants to be surreal. :p

Anyway, trailer looks pretty nice. I still need a full version of that music, but I'm looking forward to this.

Now that I'm almost done with EO4(which is my first EO game and incredible), I really wonder how the characters are going to translate into EO style classes, or if they're just going to be their own thing entirely. The burst abilities may just be character specific it looks like, which is fine.

I doubt it'll literally be Yu = Landsknecht, Yukiko = Runemaster, etc., but they'll probably be similar archetypes.

Meia

Awhh, what is it about the chibi style working really well for Persona?.

Chibi is cute. Chie is cute. You put them together and you get diabetes. :p

That being said the pic did it wrong. It definitely shouldn't have been a solid heart shape, that shows some competence in making something. :p

Top Bottom