• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

You all should be playing DR, btw. The P3/4 influence is crystal clear and thr Ace Attorney/Zero Esxape influence is even stronger. The game is this wonderful cocktail of all this great stuff.

And the OST is AMAAAAAZE.

Yes! Wanted to pick Danganronpa up on its release date, yet I still haven't had the time to do so. Picking up a couple of PSN codes first thing in the morning so I can get started. Can't wait -- very excited!
Seems that PersonaGAF has a lot of love for the game.
Hearing lots of great things about it. :)

Sallokin

Didn't see you post in the DR2 localization announcement thread, so why don't you share your thoughts here?

You all should be playing DR, btw. The P3/4 influence is crystal clear and thr Ace Attorney/Zero Esxape influence is even stronger. The game is this wonderful cocktail of all this great stuff.

And the OST is AMAAAAAZE.

Because I'm a whore for physical boxes I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive from amazon. Current estimated delivery date is 28 Feb.. OTL

pan-hime

New character videos:

Aigis

Teddie

BlQnuZW.png

Sophia

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO AIGIS TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Flux have you given up yet?

EDIT: omg at that art. Someone want to avatar-ify that for me please? :)

Sophia

This makes five times (Persona Music Live x2, Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena 2, and now Persona Q) that Aigis has attacked Teddie in some form. They're not gonna let that gag die.

CorvoSol

Just so I'm PERFECTLY CLEAR on how this works in P4G, The November Dungeon I can finish in a day and not lose out on SLink time, right? It's the December Dungeon I have to put off till the last day if I want to maximize my time, correct?

Sophia

Just so I'm PERFECTLY CLEAR on how this works in P4G, The November Dungeon I can finish in a day and not lose out on SLink time, right? It's the December Dungeon I have to put off till the last day if I want to maximize my time, correct?

Correct.

Heaven
, the November dungeon, functions as normal.

Magatsu Inaba
, the December dungeon, is the one you want to clear a couple days before it expires (December 24th) in order to maximize time. Don't clear it at the last possible date, however, or you'll miss the Christmas event on December 23rd. The last date you can clear this dungeon and still see the Christmas event is December 22nd.

CorvoSol

Correct.

Heaven
, the November dungeon, functions as normal.

Magatsu Inaba
, the December dungeon, is the one you want to clear a couple days before it expires (December 24th) in order to maximize time. Don't clear it at the last possible date, however, or you'll miss the Christmas event on December 23rd. The last date you can clear this dungeon and still see the Christmas event is December 22nd.

Got it, thanks.

pan-hime

szlb60s4hza8.png

Naoto avatar with the right dimensions, if anyone wants it.

Yoink!

MASS EDIT:
tumblr_inline_n0z8n2kyy31rb5lhr.jpg

Persona 3 Movie #1 coming to Blu-ray on May 14
• Bonus: theatrical Blu-ray Limited Edition.
• Bonus: PV & CM Collection
Rewards Audio: Audio Commentary
[Limited Edition privilege]
◆ (recorded main theme “More Than One Heart” + BGM) Soundtrack CD
◆ BOX triple by Watanabe Keisuke
◆ digital jacket
◆ booklet 48 pages
◆ super seal P3
◆ card illustrations 4 (Chapter 1 Key Visual 4 types)

[Limited Edition / Edition common privilege]
◆ Bonus
◆ Audio Commentary

P4G spoilers ahead. If you're not on September, don't read.

...so after struggling forever with Shadow
Mitsuo
, I beat Shadow
Naoto
without anyone ever even being KOed.

Is this normal? Is
she
supposed to be that easy?

fertygo

Try 8400 yen, or $82.

I know animation costs a lot, but four times the average blu-ray price is absurd for a movie.

That's the import price though?

they gonna "discount" it (bwahahaha) for america release.

Personally I don't really mind my disc purchase as collector item like approach that they want though.

Sophia

That's the import price though?

they gonna "discount" it (bwahahaha) for america release.

Personally I don't really mind my disc purchase as collector item like approach that they want though.

No, that's not the import price. That's the standard price in Japan.

Soejima's PQ art is fucking amazing. Naoto and Aigis look so fucking good.

Feel bad for the Etrian Odyssey man, haha.

It was mentioned in chat that Aigis looks a little pale in her official art. I noticed it when I shrunk the avatar down to forum dimensions.

Jintor

P4G spoilers ahead. If you're not on September, don't read.

...so after struggling forever with Shadow
Mitsuo
, I beat Shadow
Naoto
without anyone ever even being KOed.

Is this normal? Is
she
supposed to be that easy?

Block-face is the primary difficulty hump for P4 (apart from Birdface and, optionally, Kingface). It's all downhill from here.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Aigis subtitles done and Teddie's should follow within an hour or so. This trailer actually inadvertently resolves the debate some people have been having about how the P3 and P4 protagonists will be vocally referred to by the other characters and, as usual, when Aigis talks about staying by P3-san's side, she just says "his" when the dialog text itself otherwise says Makoto. So there you go.

Dantis

It was mentioned in chat that Aigis looks a little pale in her official art. I noticed it when I shrunk the avatar down to forum dimensions.

Aigis has incredibly pale skin anyway (Probably the palest of anyone I can think of?), but he's using a different colour palette in Q, for sure.

when the dialog text itself otherwise says Makoto

RIP Minato Arisato.

It was a shit name anyway. Makoto is miles better. Sogabe shouldn't be allowed to think of names.

Oh, and I've been using MC, Chie
Kanji and Teddy
as party members. Should I dump one of them for
Naoto
now? I'm assuming
Kanji
, because my Social Link with Chie is maxed out.

Or should I dump Chie now since
Teddy
has ice attacks too?

Sophia

I feel a little bit proud that I understood the vocal parts of Aigis's trailer without a translation. Thank you for a translation regardless however Pepsiman. <3

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Actually I botched the P3 protagonist's name. It should totally say Minato and I just spaced it out. It's going to disappoint me as much as the rest of you, but I'll be correcting that in an annotation after I'm done with Teddie's subtitles.
ibakvDZWqh2fEU.gif

It's a really dumb name in Japanese, though, rest assured. Just basically a really bad play on Persona 3 being set on an island.

MSMrRound

Oh god, how I hate Teddie's japanese voice.

I love it, haha.

Voiced by the ever talented Yamaguchi Kappei (Inuyasha, L from Death Note, Usopp from One Piece and more).

Kappei trolling the Persona fans as Teddie for a good 40+ minutes was pretty great.

Edit: Thanks again Pepsi. First thing that I did when I heard there were new trailers was to check your channel, and lo and behold, you already did Aigis. Amazing.

Lemstar

Since I'm probably going to be done with Danganronpa by Saturday, I might as well get something lined up. Is anyone here interested in buying it at cost ($34 + $2 shipping)?

Jintor

Teddie's trailer is all subtitled now. Not a whole lot of opportunities for good bear puns, but I am pretty proud of one line I managed to sneak in that's along those lines. Either enjoy or flee from terror because of dat voice, I suppose.

I pawsed to see if I could find it, but it was bearly there. Unless you left ursine around to tell us when you punned, I can't be sure you've fulfilled the claws that binds you to PersonaGAF

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
/dead

I should just hand any future Teddie work I do to you before publishing any translations, it seems. ;D

It's not any of the puns themselves I liked. I just liked the "bear on a salmon" one a lot for whatever reason. It's four in the morning. It doesn't take much to make me happy at this hour.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I did actually write it like that originally and then I derped and didn't remember if they spelled puns on "bare" as "bear" or not in the official localizations or not.

I know, I should just hand in my badge as the official translator of PersonaGAF. I'm not worthy of the title anymore. ;____;

Happy Sex and Chocolate Day, PersonaGAF! Here's hoping your days are filled with moderate amounts of the former and gratuitous amounts of the latter.

Ob, amd great work as usual, Pepsiman.

Top Bottom