• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

I spent the walk home from a canceled class realizing that anybody who tried as hard as I am trying in P4G to become deep, everlasting friends with 90% of the people they came into contact with would be unwell before long. Especially if they had the Velvet Room on their back about it.
I really hope you pull it off man...! What's the current in-game date + Social link rank levels?
They should of course do no such thing.
Agreed, i'm definitely not a fan of forcing a canon love interest onto the MC. I never agreed with the Lovers = canon love interest thing either, since that particular arcana isn't primarily about romance.

Logash

See even if the protag have canon pairing
(Aigis)
fanbase still reject it!

So true! I really believe that Yukari is the only one that makes sense in P3 though.

Agreed, i'm definitely not a fan of forcing a canon love interest onto the MC. I never agreed with the Lovers = canon love interest thing either, since that particular arcana isn't primarily about romance.

True, I just feel like those two pairing make most sense to me. But I guess anyone can make up reasons why one person should be with another though. At the end of the day, your Yu and Makoto are completely different than mine. Choice is probably the best option :p

CorvoSol

I really hope you pull it off man...! What's the current in-game date + Social link rank levels?

I just screwed up the unlocking the September Dungeon by misreading the faq and forgetting to talk to Chie. Now I have to spend more of the week just waiting for the cops to pop up. According the FAQ I'm at least a full SRank behind on Magician, Moon, Strength, Sun, Death and like everything. Except Emperor, Chariot, Devil and Temperance, where I'm EVEN FURTHER BEHIND SOMEHOW. Like the guy apparently never has to spend time with anyone. The Social Links just flow unto him like rivers of milk and honey or something.

Also fuck Hermit for not going to Rank 10 the minute I come to see him. Fuck that Fox and his entire social link.

Hopefully the entire month of January is just "Free time" so I can just max the fuck out of everyone. As it is December I will spend entirely on finishing Marie and Rise before caring about anybody else.

Meia

Question: How many people here completed all of Arena's story mode?

Did on the 360(bought that version first thinking it'd have a good online community, boy was I stupid). Haven't gotten through hardly any of it on PS3, will fix that later.

I'm nearing the end of October in my first playthrough, and I've been completely slacking off on Margaret, Kanji, Adachi, Marie and the Fox. I'm only going so far as checking side quest goals and test answers because my video game OCD has slowly gotten the better of me in this. I'm mildly stressing over those S.Links outside of Kanji and Marie too, so we'll see how this continues. lol

PK Gaming

I just screwed up the unlocking the September Dungeon by misreading the faq and forgetting to talk to Chie. Now I have to spend more of the week just waiting for the cops to pop up. According the FAQ I'm at least a full SRank behind on Magician, Moon, Strength, Sun, Death and like everything. Except Emperor, Chariot, Devil and Temperance, where I'm EVEN FURTHER BEHIND SOMEHOW. Like the guy apparently never has to spend time with anyone. The Social Links just flow unto him like rivers of milk and honey or something.

Also fuck Hermit for not going to Rank 10 the minute I come to see him. Fuck that Fox and his entire social link.

Hopefully the entire month of January is just "Free time" so I can just max the fuck out of everyone. As it is December I will spend entirely on finishing Marie and Rise before caring about anybody else.

Damn, that's unfortunate

I think you can pull it off, but it'll be very tight. You definitely have to skip out on the rank 11's (but you saw most of them since it's fine). At night, you'll probably need to soft-reset until you get a GREAT fortune for your near-maxed Social links. (That's probably why he didn't need to "ST" with anyone) At this point, you can't afford to "spent time with X, but didn't rank up."

You have 25 free days after December (18 days in January and 5 in February)*
(I might have made a mistake, but around that number)

The NG+ guide spends quite a few days on bike rides, so if you ignore those you should make it.

FluxWaveZ

Why the question?

Stayed up for approximately 23 hours straight in order to play through the game's story when it first came out. I'll try to pull off the same thing when P4A2 comes out, but I'm worried that the near simultaneous launch might not occur this time.

A lot of repetitiveness, but I liked it. Was all worth completing for: " “The Fool.” It represents freedom, purity, possibility, and… And the beginning of a journey.“ *Heartful Cry kicks in*

My Arena strategy is to fraud my way to the top whenever possible by relying on my opponents to make mistakes, because I really suck at the game and can't put in the time to significantly better myself (PK and Shmeeb can attest to my scrubbiness ^_^;). Hopefully I'll be able to go full-bore once Ultra Suplex Hold comes out and become the best Junpei player on GAF, though. Gotta keep that dream alive!

CorvoSol

Damn, that's unfortunate

I think you can pull it off, but it'll be very tight. You definitely have to skip out on the rank 11's (but you saw most of them since it's fine). At night, you'll probably need to soft-reset until you get a GREAT fortune for your near-maxed Social links. (That's probably why he didn't need to "ST" with anyone) At this point, you can't afford to "spent time with X, but didn't rank up."

You have 25 free days after December (18 days in January and 5 in February)*
(I might have made a mistake, but around that number)

The NG+ guide spends quite a few days on bike rides, so if you ignore those you should make it.

Yeah, I'm definitely ignoring anything that isn't "Social link with X" at this point.

Levito

Banned
I think the only thing I didn't really like about Arena's story mode was the presentation. The visual novel bits dragged on far too long at times, that is they dragged on with trivial information.

Oh, tomorrow we get to talk to Amanda, weeeeeeeeeee!

Tiu Neo

I did. Didn't care too much about it, but there are some little things that could be interesting, if they worked them a little more, like the Chie/Akihiko relationship, and the ending cliffhanger/secret puppeteer/
It's Nyarly, isn't it?

PK Gaming

My Arena strategy is to fraud my way to the top whenever possible by relying on my opponents to make mistakes, because I really suck at the game and can't put in the time to significantly better myself (PK and Shmeeb can attest to my scrubbiness ^_^;). Hopefully I'll be able to go full-bore once Ultra Suplex Hold comes out and become the best Junpei player on GAF, though. Gotta keep that dream alive!
images

CorvoSol

The only Social Links I'm pretty sure I won't succeed at are the Death and Temperance ones, because opportunities to do them are so rare.

Dantis

Why the question?

Stayed up for approximately 23 hours straight in order to play through the game's story when it first came out. I'll try to pull off the same thing when P4A2 comes out, but I'm worried that the near simultaneous launch might not occur this time.

A lot of repetitiveness, but I liked it. Was all worth completing for: " “The Fool.” It represents freedom, purity, possibility, and… And the beginning of a journey.“ *Heartful Cry kicks in*

Curiousity, I suppose. I was having a nosey to see if I have more trophies on it than anyone on here (I do, wheeee!), and a few of the people I looked at hadn't finished story mode.

I did. Didn't care too much about it, but there are some little things that could be interesting, if they worked them a little more, like the Chie/Akihiko relationship, and the ending cliffhanger/secret puppeteer/
It's Nyarly, isn't it?

I'm inclined to say no.

FluxWaveZ

Explain why it isn't

I'm not inclined either way, but one thing's for sure in my mind is that the Malevolent Entity clearly equals Persona Sho based on a bunch of P4A hints that correlate to what we know of P4U2.

If he also represents Nyarl, well, that's another question, but SHO's motivations concerning saving whatever little girl he's talking about would then possibly be a bit out of character.

I'm not inclined either way, but one thing's for sure in my mind is that the Malevolent Entity clearly equals Persona Sho based on a bunch of P4A hints that correlate to what we know of P4U2.

If he also represents Nyarl, well, that's another question, but SHO's motivations concerning saving whatever little girl he's talking about would then possibly be a bit out of character.

I don't think it is but I'm not exactly in the know about P4A2's story. A huge ton of evidence in P4A though.

CorvoSol

So the date is 9/22 and my SLinks look like so:

Magician 7, Priestess 7, Empress 9, Emperor 5, Hierophant 10, Lovers 7, Chariot 9, Justice 10, Hermit 9 (Bastard), Strength 8, Hanged 4, Death 3, Temperance 1, Devil 8, Tower 6, Moon 6, Sun 7, Jester 6, Aeon 5. Also obviously whatever
Naoto is
is at 0 for the moment.

I think I'm gonna be okay on everybody except Temperance and probably Death. Which sucks because I REALLY want to max Death.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think it is but I'm not exactly in the know about P4A2's story. A huge ton of evidence in P4A though.

I feel that that's what people thought at the time, but those could have been red herrings or something. Going from the logic that SHO = ME, then you have to compare Nyarl's profile with SHO's, and that's where a bunch of contradicting personality and motivation issues might arise.

Guess we won't really find out for a long while.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Magician 7, Priestess 7, Empress 9, Emperor 5, Hierophant 10, Lovers 7, Chariot 9, Justice 10, Hermit 9 (Bastard), Strength 8, Hanged 4, Death 3, Temperance 1, Devil 8, Tower 6, Moon 6, Sun 7, Jester 6, Aeon 5. Also obviously whatever
Naoto is
is at 0 for the moment.

I think I'm gonna be okay on everybody except Temperance and probably Death. Which sucks because I REALLY want to max Death.

Well, Death is available on holidays too and a 100% rank up, I don't think you're all that boned yet.

^Is it bad that whenever anyone writes SHO, I just want to say SHO'NUFF?

I feel that that's what people thought at the time, but those could have been red herrings or something. Going from the logic that SHO = ME, then you have to compare Nyarl's profile with SHO's, and that's where a bunch of contradicting personality and motivation issues might arise.

Guess we won't really find out for a long while.

Having the same voice actor as Nyarl in US and JP (if its not the exact same guy, it sounds exactly the same and has the same effect on the voice) is kind of hard to be a red herring.

PK Gaming

Naoto is
is at 0 for the moment.

If my math's right, you need 63 days to max out all of those social links, and I don't think there are enough remaining days to max them out.

FluxWaveZ

Having the same voice actor as Nyarl in US and JP (if its not the exact same guy, it sounds exactly the same and has the same effect on the voice) is kind of hard to be a red herring.

Is this a fact or just more fan speculation? I've heard people talk about this before, and if it were actually true that could certainly be an indication as to his identity, but I'm not sure that's correct.

Basically,
where's the proof of shared VA with Nyarlathotep and a P4A character?

FluxWaveZ

Eh, forgot about Sho. Is it confirmed that he's the Malevolent Entity? Meh, didn't really like the character that much from the little I saw about him.

Sho is probably the Eerie Voice. SHO is probably the Malevolent Entity. Kinda like their P4U2 arcade mode final boss dichotomy based on which character the player chooses.

He's fitting of a story like Arena, ho hum.

Awesome? Yeah, I agree.

CorvoSol

If my math's right, you need 63 days to max out all of those social links, and I don't think there are enough remaining days to max them out.

Yeah like I said, I'm not gonna bother getting Eri. I mean I'd like to but at this point the order of priorities is Marie > Rise > All other Party Members > Anybody Else.

Levito

Banned
This is going to be totally random, but I'm pretty sure the "P-1 Grad Prix" in Persona 4: Arena is somewhat of a reference to the K-1 Grand Prix. K-1 is a really popular professional kickboxing organization in Japan.

Gazoinks

You know, I said to myself I was going to use this playthrough of P4G to check out some Links I ignored last time, but I just ended up linking with Dojima and Nanako anyway. "Nanako looks a little sad" is the ultimate tool of persuasion.

This is going to be totally random, but I'm pretty sure the "P-1 Grad Prix" in Persona 4: Arena is somewhat of a reference to the K-1 Grand Prix. K-1 is a really popular professional kickboxing organization in Japan.

Not random, that was the first thing I thought of when I heard of the P-1 Grand Prix.

Dantis

I never knew this. That's pretty interesting, good thinking!

Yeah, that's the one I mean.

Thanks a lot for the offer, mate. I agree that there's a weird lack of official Junpei art, but I'll take whatever I can get!

Alright, Mr. Scrafty, here's what I came up with:

First, the background on its own:

I found a really nice piece by Soejima:

Looking sharp as fuck in Persona Q:

"Here's our chance! Let's get 'em!":

Junpei's character art for Spring of Birth:

"Surprising Slugger of Futile Swing":

Sorry about no P4U2 sprites one; while I do have a Junpei sprite that I could use, I've found it really difficult to find a sprite of Trismegistus that would come out clean and good for use on something like this. But don't worry, once that game releases I'll be able to do a bunch of stuff with Junpei's sprites.

I've added these wallpapers to my "Color" series gallery, which you can find here.

Enjoy! :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So Death always ranks up, whenever she's available? That's good news.

Yes, you don't even need a matching persona and the answers you give are irrelevant because Death always ranks up if she's there.

I didn't use a guide on my NG+ and I just gave up on Temperance and Hermit. Obviously, Jester doesn't go higher than 6.

Top Bottom