• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

tumblr_mbdokfmkw81rn5vgh.png

Biggest one for anyone new to the series(if you haven't played P4 yet either) is don't get attached to any persona you make or fuse. Your persona's stats are your main character's stats when you have one of them on, so don't go more than 5 levels below your teammate's levels. MC's level just determines his HP, SP, and what level persona he can equip. Also worth noting that it takes at least double the amount of exp for a persona to level than then MC or your party members, which is why you need to change somewhat often.

Other than that, diversify whatever personas you are using(if you don't have a party member with a lightning spell, have one with Zio, etc). You can only carry 6 at first, and then up to 12 later, so make good use of the slots they give you. When not in a dungeon, which persona you have on you is equally important since you get more points during a social link if you have a matching one(hanging out with Yukari of the Lovers arcana when you have Pixie, also of the Lovers arcana, makes the link level up faster). Your time is limited, so it's good to game the system whenever you can. :)

Yeah I played P4 so I knew that. Glad to see it's the same here. Will not be lost then. Thanks !

On PS3? Create backups of your saves, always.

Dunno if they fixed the save corruption bug or not, but better safe than sorry.

oh ! Good to know. back up save it is then.

Don't fuse away your first persona.
Make sure to max Strength and Emperor.
Kill them at the same time.

Yeah, max out party related social links. Kill them at the same time ? Interesting... not sure I get it, but I think I shouldn't ask or I'll get spoiled.

Use the tactics menu and learn it well.

Will do.

Bravo, dude.

We reached rank 10.
My love will never falter.
Prepare yourself.
I'm going in dry, partner.

....I tried.

I liked it :)

Yeah I played P4 so I knew that. Glad to see it's the same here. Will not be lost then. Thanks !

oh ! Good to know. back up save it is then.

Yeah, max out party related social links. Kill them at the same time ? Interesting... not sure I get it, but I think I shouldn't ask or I'll get spoiled.

Will do.

You'll know when the time is right.

This one is for IRC peeps, cuz only they would get it. Even then, only a few from there would get it even.

The Ballad of the Man who Sounds like a Plane, AKA What if Tatsuya was Marie

It's Valentines day.
It's a quarter past eight.
And I am stuck without a date.
Ugh...BUTITSNOTTOOLATE!!
This Eternal Punishment will not be my fate
So I sped on my cycle down the road straight...
...towards Maya Amano, mai waifu, my soul mate.
But as I sped, the STR boost form the food I ate...
would fade and fade, and then abate.
This is the Eternal Punishment, for my Innocent Sin.
RIP Tatsuya.

Here is another:

Ulala was drinking.
Her luck with men was shrinking.
Her heart was sinking.
But her best friend appeared winking.
Saying "Lets Positive Thinking!"
Thus, a happy Ulala.

Meia

Ah good, so here's how the AI works for your party members then, because in FES you are unable to tell them exactly what to do.

Act Freely - Will try stuff against a new shadow to hit a weakness. If they hit a weakness, they'll attack the same shadow again with it to try and kill it. If a party member is sub 30% health, they'll use a healing spell if they're able.

Knock Down - Will use an elemental spell on a shadow only if they know it'll hit their weakness. If no weakness is present, will physical attack and hope to crit the shadow. When they knock one down, they'll move onto the next one. They will NEVER attack a shadow that is on the ground. If all shadows are on the ground, or the ones up will be immune to anything they can do(either spell or physical wise), they'll Standby and not do anything at all.

Full Assault - Will use their strongest spells and attacks and nothing else. They will not support in any facet, and they'll try and focus an enemy down. I *think* they will also move onto another enemy to knock them down to prioritze an AoA, but not 100% on that.

Heal/Support - Will heal any ally below 75% as a priority. If no ally is below that, will use a buff or debuff spell if known. If no spell is known, will use an item instead. If everything's fine health and status wise, will attack the enemy.

Conserve SP - Does what it says, will rarely cast any magic. Not sure how this one acts as I never use it.

Remember these guidelines for these(and some only open up as you move further in the game). Remember, only you can prevent Marin Fucking Karin:

mitsuruai.jpg

PK Gaming

This one is for IRC peeps, cuz only they would get it. Even then, only a few from there would get it even.

The Ballad of the Man who Sounds like a Plane, AKA What if Tatsuya was Marie

It's Valentines day.
It's a quarter past eight.
And I am stuck without a date.
Ugh...BUTITSNOTTOOLATE!!
This Eternal Punishment will not be my fate
So I sped on my cycle down the road straight...
...towards Maya Amano, mai waifu, my soul mate.
But as I sped, the STR boost form the food I ate...
would fade and fade, and then abate.
This is the Eternal Punishment, for my Innocent Sin.
RIP Tatsuya.

Here is another:

Ulala was drinking.
Her luck with men was shrinking.
Her heart was sinking.
But her best friend appeared winking.
Saying "Lets Positive Thinking!"
Thus, a happy Ulala.

Haha, pretty nice!

Top Bottom