• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Logash

As promised, some avatars from the P3 Movie series. I decided to just do all of them, so if there are ones that have already been made, you can ignore those (or use them if you want!):
Enjoy! :D
Wow those are awesome. Was looking through your gallery and saw a Shadow Rise avatar. Mind if I use it?

PK Gaming

Personally, I'm not a fan of DR's artstyle. It's probably the only thing holding me back from getting it at this point, which is weird considering I'm never an art snob.

Something about it is just... off to me.
I had the same reservations about the art too... however, after playing the game I came to the conclusion that it works. It works really well within the context of the game. Dude, if you can afford it, by the game; you are seriously depriving yourself of a fantastic experience.

I'm not even joking about this.
She's a much better, less talk-y detective than Naoto too, btw. Great character.

That's the problem, mostly.

Word.

The game never outright states she's a detective, but her deductive reasoning, intelligence and critical thinking is really something else; far better than Naoto's wonderful ability of pointing out the obvious and wasting time going over shit you already know. But yeah i'll stop here since this isn't a DanganRonpa VS Persona discussion.

Levito

Banned
You fuckers and your Negative Nancy horseshit sometimes, I swear. lol

...Happy reminder that you're single/remember shitty past relationships day!

pan-hime

tumblr_inline_n0z8n2kyy31rb5lhr.jpg

Persona 3 Movie #1 coming to Blu-ray on May 14
Note in the Limited Edition of the BD/DVD, there's サントラCD(メインテーマ「More Than One Heart」+BGMを収録) (aka #1's OST)

Dantis

Would some kindly fellow who either doesn't care about spoilers or has finished DR like to get a me a reference image or two of the grey haired girl? I had a neat idea for a picture, but if I search I'll get spoiled and then I'll get sadface.

Note in the Limited Edition of the BD/DVD, there's サントラCD(メインテーマ「More Than One Heart」+BGMを収録) (aka #1's OST)

Bastard. Guess that's not getting released then.

The game never outright states she's a detective, but her deductive reasoning, intelligence and critical thinking is really something else; far better than Naoto's wonderful ability of pointing out the obvious and wasting time going over shit you already know. But yeah i'll stop here since this isn't a DanganRonpa VS Persona discussion.

Naoto's a pretty crap detective, really.

Would some kindly fellow who either doesn't care about spoilers or has finished DR like to get a me a reference image or two of the grey haired girl? I had a neat idea for a picture, but if I search I'll get spoiled and then I'll get sadface.

Bastard. Guess that's not getting released then.

Kirigiri_Different_Sprite_Style.png

Oh look I'm not a Junior anymore

FireSol

KirigiriKyouko.jpg

1377086020_1_1_a45977a4e4d7fdc1ac062f58174c3b585214ab45.jpg

Meia

The problem is certain concessions have to be made to have a video game, and it's not the first time this has happened.

Imagine someone like Sherlock getting dropped into P4? The case would be solved in a day, tops. The game did a good enough job stating that Naoto isn't exactly a crap detective with the tv interview, and she wasn't exactly bad with the one in her social link(which is made slower since Yu has to come with).

I kind of look at it as why is Superman in the Justice League? Best moment from the animated one in like the third season when he admits he's been holding himself back all along just to be with the others. Same thing. :p

Dantis

The problem is certain concessions have to be made to have a video game, and it's not the first time this has happened.

Imagine someone like Sherlock getting dropped into P4? The case would be solved in a day, tops. The game did a good enough job stating that Naoto isn't exactly a crap detective with the tv interview, and she wasn't exactly bad with the one in her social link(which is made slower since Yu has to come with).

I kind of look at it as why is Superman in the Justice League? Best moment from the animated one in like the third season when he admits he's been holding himself back all along just to be with the others. Same thing. :p

Like I've said before, I see it more that she's a mascot type character for the police department, not an actually professional level detective.

Meia

Like I've said before, I see it more that she's a mascot type character for the police department, not an actually professional level detective.

Could be, but then why make it a point to say how many cases she's solved pre-Inaba? Plus the PD did bring her in, it's not like she wandered into Inaba either.

Do like the interpretation of it though.

Damn, TrueSelf's work is STRONG.

Dantis

Could be, but then why make it a point to say how many cases she's solved pre-Inaba? Plus the PD did bring her in, it's not like she wandered into Inaba either.

Do like the interpretation of it though.

Damn, TrueSelf's work is STRONG.

They say she's solved all her cases on the TV interview. Every other TV interview is false. Kanji isn't a gang member, Yukiko doesn't want to inherit the inn etc. etc.

I've always seen that the Inaba police brought Naoto in for good publicity, and if she ends up helping out, that's even better. They make a point of saying that she isn't paid or whatever, and they sever her help pretty rapidly once they get into the case for real.

Obviously, this is looking way too deeply into it, but that's how I interpret her story.

So does that mean Blick gets intimate with us at rank 7!?

Not with you, mate, Rise will get jealous.

FluxWaveZ

Man, that's awesome. Makes me want a Persona 4 Arena anime even more.

Also, just realized that one of the bottom rectangles on the PQ site has been filled in by yesterday's Nintendo Direct. Seems they were pretty into their game getting a mention through there. I suppose it's the kind of stuff we should expect to see in those rectangles on all of the Persona game websites.

Also, not sure if anyone else noticed this, but on the PQ site they've filled in one of the empty rectangles at the bottom of the page with a link to yesterday's JP Nintendo Direct. So it looks like they'll be using these blank spaces as links, but not necessarily as links to other Persona products, per se. Very interesting...

Ah, already mentioned. Yeah, seems those extra spaces will be reserved to events. I wouldn't imagine that they had this Nintendo Direct planned for the slot in mind when they were created, too.

Levito

Banned
You guys ever see that Dave Chappelle skit where he's a "Black White Supremacist"?

Dantis is totally our version of that, only with anime~

kewlmyc

Nice. Any guesses on where the movie will end? I'm guessing
Shinji's death
or
the final shadow boss

I'm actually starting to wonder if this is actually going to be a trilogy or not. If they end the second movie before either of the spoilers I posted above, then the pacing for the final movie will be fucked if it is indeed a trilogy. Since they are naming the movies after seasons (Spring of Birth, Midsummer Knight's Dream), I wonder if the fall season and "winter" season will get their own movies. I wonder if the Answer will get it's own movie as well....

DR is not a game its a book that you click and stuff

Haha, you so funny Buddha. And Stay Home is a walking simulator

Levito

Banned
It's ridiculous how much better the animation on these P3 movies is when compared to... Well anything else Persona related.

Meia

About to dig in P3FES. Any advice ?

Biggest one for anyone new to the series(if you haven't played P4 yet either) is don't get attached to any persona you make or fuse. Your persona's stats are your main character's stats when you have one of them on, so don't go more than 5 levels below your teammate's levels. MC's level just determines his HP, SP, and what level persona he can equip. Also worth noting that it takes at least double the amount of exp for a persona to level than then MC or your party members, which is why you need to change somewhat often.

Other than that, diversify whatever personas you are using(if you don't have a party member with a lightning spell, have one with Zio, etc). You can only carry 6 at first, and then up to 12 later, so make good use of the slots they give you. When not in a dungeon, which persona you have on you is equally important since you get more points during a social link if you have a matching one(hanging out with Yukari of the Lovers arcana when you have Pixie, also of the Lovers arcana, makes the link level up faster). Your time is limited, so it's good to game the system whenever you can. :)

Top Bottom