• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

So this is probably a bad time to post this because of the picture that Mamba just posted, but whatever. A sketch of Naoto and grey haired girl from DR.

Haha, yessssssssss

I'm 70% sure you'll like Kyoko. I mean her design is great by itself, but her actual character... Va-va-voom.

Planned on finishing this yesterday, but... I didn't. Oh well.

Shadow Eri:
CLFB291.png

Close your eyes to reality and escape your life.
Hella nice!

If I recall correctly, didn't
she blindly believe everything that was told on TV? It was kind of a surreal, to hear her talk about that.

Squire

Banned
I've said it before, but I think Rise's 'cheating' speech is really strong. It shows how serious she is as a person underneath the idol bubbliness.

One of my absolute favorite moments. It stays with me.

Weird that you'd feel that way after posting a spoiler for a game I plan to play in a thread unrelated to it.

Oh, be nice. It's not that hard.

So this is probably a bad time to post this because of the picture that Mamba just posted, but whatever. A sketch of Naoto and grey haired girl from DR.

Oh Jesus, awesome! Yeah, get DR. Sequel hype will make spoiler talk last longer and it's fun to play and react with everyone else!

CorvoSol

NUUUUUU I haven't beaten FFX yet ;_;

AERITH DIES

JESUS COMES BACK AFTER THREE DAYS

THE FINAL PLAGUE IS THE ANGEL OF DEATH

ADAM EATS THE FRUIT TOO

DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S DAD

THE GOONIES DON'T GET MORE THAN FEW GEMS

NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS WHO NUMBER 1 IS, YOU ARE NUMBER 6.

Sophia

Well. I must say. Lotus Juice's English is far better than Kawamura's own. I can actually make out the lyrics to the song fairly accurately. Here is what I have now. Anyone care to contribute?

Trailer for reference, with song timestamps for when it starts.

So many ways to live by
Whether I wanted to get by
Depends on what you chose now
Work with the flow
<???> keen to applaud
And I had a little talk with destiny
That's all
But nothing ever moves accordingly
Handle the world's <conduct's> disorderly
Never made it to <???>
But most importantly
Good prevail
Grab hearts of majority

Lets let the summer reach talk to us
Go with the flow
Lets keep providing
Never looking forward or back
Only looking up <???>
With stars are shining
Even when I'm lost in the courtyard
Show me the way....

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
May I ask what level of Japanese proficiency one would need to play the game? I have recently started learning Japanese and I'm quite curious to see who will be quicker, my study or the translation
Let's be honest here, it will probably be the translation ú_ú

Games like what Spike-Chunsoft or Atlus put out are pretty doable with a few years of studying, provided that the regimen is good and you're constantly ensuring that you're learning more Japanese beyond what the classes and homework specifically mandate. I was able to play Catherine and Persona 3 Portable in Japanese as a third-year student years ago and more or less had a solid grasp on what can be pretty complex happenings from time to time. But I'd say it took me a few more years to really feel I was equipped to read between the lines in Japanese and appreciate writing in it from a stylistic perspective.

So I'd say that the answer varies; it's not that much time if you're mostly interested in just grasping enough to understand what's happening from point to point, but otherwise a pretty decent chunk if you want to understand and enjoy those games on a level similar to how natives are. I've heard of people with really crazy study schedules manage to achieve high proficiency Japanese in a year or two after starting, but that all but assumes you're capable of studying 8+ hours a day, 7 days a week and can handle complete immersion in the language from the get-go, which is a setup that most people aren't able to do just because of life circumstances, myself included. I'd personally say that it's okay to not push yourself that fast to be able to play 2 in Japanese before the NISA localization is out. The Japanese version will always exist if you're still curious and want to go back and replay the game in that language to get a fresh take on how it's written natively later on when you're ready. That series is brilliant in its native language, to be sure, but not even I would say it's worth learning Japanese for on its own in the end, especially since, from what I'm seeing now that 1 is out here, the NISA localizations are being worked on by people who know what they're doing and making the best of what they have. :)

cjkeats

You just saw the Anohana movie, didn't you?
How did you ever guess? :p
Really loved it. Watched the series for the first time a few days before, almost in one sitting. It gave me the sads.

Lots of people in the the theatre with the sniffles too.

And a very diverse crowd. There were a couple 60+ year old ladies there too.

Omikaru

Well. I must say. Lotus Juice's English is far better than Kawamura's own. I can actually make out the lyrics to the song fairly accurately. Here is what I have now. Anyone care to contribute?

Trailer for reference, with song timestamps for when it starts.

Here's two I've picked up. Bolded where I've added/changed.

So many ways to live by
Whether I wanted to get by
Depends on what you chose now
Work with the flow
<???> keen to applaud
And I had a little talk with destiny
That's all
But nothing ever moves accordingly
Handle the world's conduct's disorderly
Never made it to <???>
But most importantly
Good prevail
Grab hearts of majority

Lets let the summer reach talk to us
Go with the flow
Lets keep providing
Never looking forward or back
Only looking up <???>
With stars are shining
Even when I'm lost in the courtyard
Show me the way....

At least I think that's accurate. <_<

Sophia

Here's two I've picked up. Bolded where I've added/changed.

At least I think that's accurate. <_<

Those look accurate, and I was leaning along those lines. I'm not sure about the conduct one however.

Added regardless until someone finds better.

How was everyone's Valentine's Day. I got a Titanfall beta key, so I'm happy.

Pretty bloody good. I gave to my significant other a box of Hershey's Hugs and received a bag of Maltesers (which you should probably by now know are my favourite candy ever).

I was also true to my word and printed out 10 "You Da Man" Valentines and gave them to 10 of my closest compatriots, regardless of their gender or familiarity with the Persona series (one of them even asked if the guy on the card was supposed to be me, lol).

I also finally got this in the mail, so it was a win-win all around!

Jintor

I was also true to my word and printed out 10 "You Da Man" Valentines and gave them to 10 of my closest compatriots, regardless of their gender or familiarity with the Persona series (one of them even asked if the guy on the card was supposed to be me, lol).

well, you are da man

Top Bottom