• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

Thank you

My feelings on Marie aside, that whole scene is just duuuuuumb.

Yup. Completely awful.

ShutupIhateyouyoustupidjerk!

I don't see whats so wrong with it?

Out of character, fan service bullshit. I hate it so much.

'Officially sanctioned' makes it out to be a lot more than it is. The Persona Team will have had absolutely nothing to do with that.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I was being facetious, Dantis. I just find it bemusing someone was paid to make that dumb thing in the first place. There's a disclaimer they throw in at the end in small text where they're like, "This is a parody! HAHAHAHA, WE DON'T MAKE THOSE SORTS OF GAMES FOR REAL! NO REALLY, WE SWEAR! HAHA! HAHAHA HAAAAAA ;____;" and yet someone was still like, "Welp, let's make sure the otaku market is still happy with our game!" Biased though I might be in certain respects because of my choice in languages, Japanese business and bureaucratic logic will always remain wonderfully beyond my grasp~

And I'm still just flattered to hear you want me on, Levito. I'm just going to warn you in advance that I don't think I can be as entertaining as Amanda Winn Lee. My translator stories aren't as interesting as her... lollipop stories, ahaha.

Dantis

I was being facetious, Dantis. I just find it bemusing someone was paid to make that dumb thing in the first place. There's a disclaimer they throw in at the end in small text where they're like, "This is a parody! HAHAHAHA, WE DON'T MAKE THOSE SORTS OF GAMES FOR REAL! NO REALLY, WE SWEAR! HAHA! HAHAHA HAAAAAA ;____;" and yet someone was still like, "Welp, let's make sure the otaku market is still happy with our game!" Biased though I might be in certain respects because of my choice in languages, Japanese business and bureaucratic logic will always remain wonderfully beyond my grasp~

Ah, my bad, haha. People have mentioned it in earnest when I've complained about the hot springs scene in the past.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Seriously? I had no idea that dumb thing was so widely known. I thought I was being Pretentious Hipster Fan making a joke about something Obscure(TM). I gotta step up my game, it seems.

Maybe I should see what SMT: Imagine has been up to recently. I mean apart from dying. Or maybe including the dying part. It's really all the same with that game, really.

Is it a bannable offense to mention that game in these parts?

Dantis

Seriously? I had no idea that dumb thing was so widely known. I thought I was being Pretentious Hipster Fan making a joke about something Obscure(TM). I gotta step up my game, it seems.

Maybe I should see what SMT: Imagine has been up to recently. I mean apart from dying. Or maybe including the dying part. It's really all the same with that game, really.

Is it a bannable offense to mention that game in these parts?

Ha! Iwakura will try and tell you that Imagine has redeeming qualities.

We don't believe his lies. :p

Levito

Banned
I've been tempted to download SMT: Imagine for quite some time now. It looks like everything wrong with F2P MMOs. hahaha

Maybe we should plan a big PersonaGAF event in Imagine some evening...

And I'm still just flattered to hear you want me on, Levito. I'm just going to warn you in advance that I don't think I can be as entertaining as Amanda Winn Lee. My translator stories aren't as interesting as her... lollipop stories, ahaha.

Haha, I'm flattered you are game to join us!

Lollipops aside--I'm sure the translation knowledge bombs you'll surely be droppin' will yield a great show. Can't wait!

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I'll admit that I've derived some fun from playing Imagine, but it mostly came from dicking around with friends and other players and not so much anything to do with the actual mechanics themselves. Towards the end of my time there, I was deriving sick pleasure from mostly trolling the game chats by talking in Japanese and then being told to a surprisingly consistent degree that I should go back to my Japanese server where I belonged, ahaha.

I wrote as much in a review years ago, but I feel like SMT can be translated well into an MMO; it's just that Imagine isn't it and why the hell would you hire Cave of all developers to make it? I dunno, man. That game is all sorts of funky.

I'd be down to visit it again for some dumb PersonaGAF shenanigans, but I'm pretty sure it's getting shut down soon, so we'd have to make something happen pretty fast, I'd imagine.

Sophia

I've always felt an SMT or Persona MMO would work really well if done in the style of Dragon Quest X or the original Guild Wars. The mechanics would lend itself to some pretty incredible depth.... just need a good developer.

FireSol

not persona related, but Im finally got this kit!!! good buy free time
c8499932955b.jpg

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Well, Dangan Ronpa is getting a third person shooter for the Vita sometime this year, so anything is possible with Japanese games these days. I think a right proper shooter might be the only genre Atlus hasn't ever tackled if you include their Japan-only games, now that I think of it.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Don't worry, guys, I have a half-filled Japanese job application to the Persona team from last year sitting on my hard drive. I'll finish it up one of these days and become your official ambassador to the team so that the future of Persona can be the best it can be with all these paradigm-shifting genres and character action games and what have you!

Don't worry, guys, I have a half-filled Japanese job application to the Persona team from last year sitting on my hard drive. I'll finish it up one of these days and become your official ambassador to the team so that the future of Persona can be the best it can be with all these paradigm-shifting genres and character action games and what have you!

20 years from now well see articles about Pepsiman saving Atlus with these crazy ideas

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
i look away and the game vanishes

I'm glad you can achieve inner peace so easily, but some of us are cursed with having it embedded in our memories for all eternity! ;_____;

I did read a plot summary a while back and read that it apparently still featured Law-Neutral-Chaos endings and that you could still eff up some stuff pretty wonderfully if you went the Chaos route, so at least it got that bit right. Too bad the dialog was so asinine that I couldn't make it past the training battle~

Shengar

If you (hopefully) land a job with Atlus, the first thing you need to do is inform us that Kaneko is okay.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Kaneko's status sounds like a trade secret to me. I bet you have to be a producer or director like Hashino at minimum to be in the know like that. I probably won't have any more of an idea as to whether he's still of this world than you all do until I release our magnum opus with your help: Kei Sagami Returns: Maken X-2: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Massage Parlors.

Believe!

Shengar

Kaneko's status sounds like a trade secret to me. I bet you have to be a producer or director like Hashino at minimum to be in the know like that. I probably won't have any more of an idea as to whether he's still of this world than you all do until I release our magnum opus with your help: Kei Sagami Returns: Maken X-2: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Massage Parlors.

Believe!

You talk like Kaneko go into the underworld when he's about to make some designing lol

Top Bottom