• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

tumblr_mc5k4m95Nd1re133eo1_500.jpg

This will never get old to me, I swear

Meia

I'm sure someone out there feels pity for him being the weakest character in a series normally filled with strong protagonists.... >.>

Ok, ok. If I can feel pity for Lightning being stuck in shitty games, I suppose I can feel bad for him not getting anymore development after a certain point in the story. I.....don't even remember anything from him after that point, which is kind of damning.

Said by no one ever.

Shadow Ayane is fucking brilliant.

I said it :'(

Ken's the coolest.

Ok, ok. If I can feel pity for Lightning being stuck in shitty games, I suppose I can feel bad for him not getting anymore development after a certain point in the story. I.....don't even remember anything from him after that point, which is kind of damning.

He does the thing that one time...

...awwwwwwww

To be fair, Akihiko doesn't get any character development after he gets his ultimate Persona either.

Meia

To be fair, Akihiko doesn't get any character development after he gets his ultimate Persona either.

The problem is he's developed well enough before then, that after he gets the ultimate persona he doesn't really need any more, he's kind of finished in terms of development. Ken should have had a lot more, but the game was kind of like "nah, screw it" and didn't bother. Think this is one of those times that having a silent protagonist is a very bad thing.

MSMrRound

Junpei's character was developed rather well though, especially if you consider how he was like during The Answer portion of the game.

Sophia

The fated Aigis vs Aigis rematch in Persona 4 Arena between me and Shmeeb....

... and it lags out on the final round when we both have one win. Ugh.

The problem is he's developed well enough before then, that after he gets the ultimate persona he doesn't really need any more, he's kind of finished in terms of development. Ken should have had a lot more, but the game was kind of like "nah, screw it" and didn't bother. Think this is one of those times that having a silent protagonist is a very bad thing.

I didn't realize that "I like to train" and "I like my friend,
It sure sucks that he died, eh but whatevs he wouldn't want me to sulk."
is more development than
"I saw my mother get killed before my own eyes, and have devoted my whole life to skip the kiddy shit so that I can find her killer and avenge her. But oh wait, when I finally do find her killer and I have a shot at finally getting revenge some stupid asshole shows up, tries to kill me, but mom-killer sacrifices his own life to save me, making every moment in my life so far pointless by simultaneously stealing the moment that I've been waiting for as long as I can remember, and making me see that my life's whole mission was kinda fucked from the start since he was a pretty cool dude...what now?"

disclaimer: They only reason I trivialized Akihiko's story was to make a point. He's a very good character, and the scene where he get's his ultimate persona is legit heartbreaking (one of the only two scenes in video games ,or any sort of media for that matter, to tear me up)

CorvoSol

The Bottom Line of Persona 3:

Da Man: Junpei and maybe Shinji

Significantly Less Than Da Man: Anyone whose name starts with "Ken."

All I know about Kenji so far is that he thinks he's in a relationship with a grown woman and I'm PRETTY damn sure he isn't. Especially since said woman is like, the V-Ball coach and she hasn't said anything about being in a relationship to young FeMC.

Also I kinda think that Akihiko is my favorite P3 dude so far. Mostly that "NfwWhere've you been?" Like he's super happy to see me. Although I like Junpei more in FeMC route.

Top Bottom