• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Kazzy

Out of all the Rise avatars, snow in jamaica's is the best.

My legacy has clearly been forgotten.

AjpEi2l.png

Is it a bannable offense to mention that game in these parts?
If it was, my day long escapade to try the game out last year would have gotten me perma'd :p

poop game is poop.
Time to bring these out again:
Would play Vita one, but Dante tag on 3DS makes me lol
Does anyone know if P3 FES from the PS store can be played on the vita? I can't remember how they handle PS2 games. I would check myself but that means I would actually have to turn my PS3 on.
Nope, PS3 only for that, sorry

Have you played DanganRonpa yet? If not I suggest that.

I'll be picking it up when it's a bit cheaper, as poor of an excuse this is, the art style really puts me off the game.

Dangan Ronpa's not really a good "car" game, though. It'll make ya sweat so much you'll get stuck to your seat!

I'm travelling to Germany for work, it's more a game to play in the hotel for 3 days as I won't have great internet etc.

CorvoSol

Really? She instantly became my favourite female character, easily trumping Yukiko and Rise! Especially with the perfect ending. Oh lord <3

I LOVE HER!

CaButler50ad8afbeaedc.jpg

But, having said that... I really, really like Naoto too.

I don't know what to say, other than even after SLink maxing Naoto, she's probably my least favorite party member, so our tastes are probably just really different. I mean it isn't that I don't like Naoto, I just like the rest way more.

Caladrius

I don't know what to say, other than even after SLink maxing Naoto, she's probably my least favorite party member, so our tastes are probably just really different. I mean it isn't that I don't like Naoto, I just like the rest way more.

A smidge off topic and something that's probably come up before, but I am thoroughly convinced that Marie was originally going to be a new party member. (Promotional artwork gives her a color motif in line with the investigation team, unique persona drawn by Soejima earned by completing her social link,
rescued from dungeon
, Naoto's absurd number of powerful new skills) I wonder why they dropped her.

Gazoinks

A smidge off topic and something that's probably come up before, but I am thoroughly convinced that Marie was originally going to be a new party member. (Promotional artwork gives her a color motif in line with the investigation team, unique persona drawn by Soejima earned by completing her social link,
rescued from dungeon

They really should've. It would've made her Link a lot less awkward because they wouldn't have to keep pulling the "Oh look it's everyone else what a coincidence". Plus new members are cool!

Also, I never really thought about this before, but (P4)
what happens if you don't save Mitsuo in time? Does he turn up dead and you restart like all the other captured people, or does it give a neutral ending like killing Namatame?

FireSol

Uuuuh...just done listening last S.Link episode and that was EPIC!! Amanda is such a great person,I was blown away with her energy. GREAT work guys, keep rocking!!

pan-hime

Also, I never really thought about this before, but (P4)
what happens if you don't save Mitsuo in time? Does he turn up dead and you restart like all the other captured people, or does it give a neutral ending like killing Namatame?

instant game over.

Nyoro SF

Question for you guys. I'm on the 2nd to last floor of
Magatsu Inaba
. However I'd like to leave and check out other dungeons for a bit.

If I leave that area and go to Yukiko's dungeon and progress through there, do I lose my last saved floor spot in
Magatsu Inaba
?

CorvoSol

rescued from dungeon
I actually would have liked that a lot more. Also i would trade game breaking Rise for fully playable Rise.

EMT0

Banned
rescued from dungeon

I'm going to guess that it'd be because they introduce her very early in the game, which would probably require them to change a lot of dialogue what with her meeting the Investigation Team early as well in her S-Link. Integrating her into the Investigation Team and doing it well would have been a lot of work, is what I'm imagining.

Meia

I'm going to guess that it'd be because they introduce her very early in the game, which would probably require them to change a lot of dialogue what with her meeting the Investigation Team early as well in her S-Link. Integrating her into the Investigation Team and doing it well would have been a lot of work, is what I'm imagining.

It is, but when you say a new "character", this is mostly what everyone was expecting and hoping for. Most scenes could have happened in a near identical way, just with another voice added to it. But no.

Hell, they could have done a way better job of at least putting in her input to the story when shit really starts hitting the fan considering she's a "friend", but no. It's why I ultimately say her inclusion angers me because it just strikes me as laziness.

Question for you guys. I'm on the 2nd to last floor of
Magatsu Inaba
. However I'd like to leave and check out other dungeons for a bit.

If I leave that area and go to Yukiko's dungeon and progress through there, do I lose my last saved floor spot in
Magatsu Inaba
?
It should be fine to leave.

CorvoSol

ALL I WANT IS RISE COSTUMES. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK. ;_;

I would've been all over that, man.

Since I'm not on mobile now, though, I thought I'd just reiterate that I think I really would've liked Marie if she'd been a PC. I don't think It would've taken that much extra work, and it would've been appreciated, since she wouldn't have felt so obviously forced.

Shadow Kashiwagi:

I had originally just thought to depict her as a dinosaur, but I wasn’t sure “dinosaur” as a term for something old and out-dated was something that crossed language barriers, but I figured fossils were universal. Maybe I’m wrong.

That T.rex skeleton is actually pretty accurate, all things considered.

I actually felt sort of sorry for Kashiwagi for the way the game treats her about her age (which struck me as sexist and unfair, and the game doesn't call anyone on it), but that doesn’t really excuse her for her rancid personality.

Shadow Kashiwagi:

I had originally just thought to depict her as a dinosaur, but I wasn’t sure “dinosaur” as a term for something old and out-dated was something that crossed language barriers, but I figured fossils were universal. Maybe I’m wrong.

I actually felt sort of sorry for Kashiwagi for the way the game treats her about her age (which struck me as sexist and unfair, and the game doesn't call anyone on it), but that doesn’t really excuse her for her rancid personality.

Hahahahahahaha

That's amazing.

Gazoinks

Shadow Kashiwagi:

Yeah, the game kinda treats Hanako and Kashiwagi crappily, although at least they end up bonding. Anyway, very cool job. Love the literal expression of calling someone a dinosaur, and I could totally picture that thing sprouting out of Shadow Kashiwagi.

LX_Theo

Banned
Shadow Kashiwagi:

HA! Oh, that is great. Weak against ice, maybe?

Sophia

Shadow Kashiwagi:

Holy shit. That's actually terrifying. o_O;

Top Bottom