• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

FluxWaveZ

I don't see how they reacted different from me. All those what's at exactly the same moments.

I guess I see their reaction differently since that's also pretty much how I reacted when I saw the scene, until
Dojima puts on his serious face.
It's all up to one's interpretation, in any case.

CorvoSol

Yeah anime always is to blame you're right.

Can you really name a time when anime wasn't to blame for all society's ills? This is like, in the Bible, man.

I guess I see their reaction differently since that's also pretty much how I reacted when I saw the scene, until
Dojima puts on his serious face.
It's all up to one's interpretation, in any case.

I mean, you guys are definitely right here, I just think the way I mentioned it being this time around is funny.

PK Gaming

It's weird that one line is a, then b, then a again.

I don't see how they reacted different from me. All those what's at exactly the same moments.

I blame SAO

Because original, a only voiced a few lines. Then tried to fill in the blanks, and it failed... hard. P4G actually has quite a bit of inconsistent voice acting, but the actors do a good job at masking it. Most of the time anyway.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
If we're on the subject of pachislot machines, I actually really like the theme song Meguro composed for Persona 3's. Pretty sure it's the only one I've ever heard come out of those things that I don't intrinsically hate or find aggressively annoying and let me tell you, as someone who's both lived near a lot of pachinko machines and played too many of them in the Yakuza games, that's a hell of a miracle. Meguro really does do the lord's work when it comes to writing acceptable music for his games.

kewlmyc

If we're on the subject of pachislot machines, I actually really like the theme song Meguro composed for Persona 3's. Pretty sure it's the only one I've ever heard come out of those things that I don't intrinsically hate or find aggressively annoying and let me tell you, as someone who's both lived near a lot of pachinko machines and played too many of them in the Yakuza games, that's a hell of a miracle. Meguro really does do the lord's work when it comes to writing acceptable music for his games.

Wow, it's in Japanese. How unexpected. Catchy as fuck.

Gazoinks

Wh-why is Shinji being attacked by a giant 5. D:

But yeah, that's pretty good. Actually sounds more 4 than 3 to me. Lack of horns.

Moonlight

Banned
Holy shit.

A pachinko game doesn't deserve to sound this good.

pan-hime

I think this song's in Yumi Kawamura's upcoming album as well.
EDIT: It is!
Disc-3
1.『Burn My Dread  (Arrange CD Ver.)』
2.『キミの記憶』
3.『P3 fes』
4.『Brand New Days』
5.『終わらない夜』
6.『Dream of Butterfly (Yumitama Remix)』
7.『School Days (Yumitama Remix)』
8.『A Lone Prayer (Yumitama Remix)』
9.『Let butterflies spread until the dawn (Yumitama Remix)』
10.『Bloody Destiny (Yumitama Remix)』
11.『Voice (Yumitama Remix)』
12.『Best Friends』
13.『Mellow Dream』
14.『Found Me』
15.『Do for love (English rap ver.)』

CorvoSol

Because original, a only voiced a few lines. Then tried to fill in the blanks, and it failed... hard. P4G actually has quite a bit of inconsistent voice acting, but the actors do a good job at masking it. Most of the time anyway.

This is the only time I've ever felt the voice acting was noticeably bad. Like, it is really bad. A sounds classy, refined, and slightly seductive. B is a raspy old woman, like if Igor was trying to talk sexy.

arue

Hello PersonaGAF! I had been a lurker here since the Persona announcement back in November and finally decided to make an account. My favorite Persona game is P3P and I only know about P4 from a Let's Play (not the Giant Bomb Endurance Run one though) because I don't have a PS2 or a Vita...

I am currently playing P3FES and P2:IS, but for some reason I haven't been motivated to continue P2:IS (the enemy encounter rate is too high!)
Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Gazoinks

Hello PersonaGAF! I had been a lurker here since the Persona announcement back in November and finally decided to make an account. My favorite Persona game is P3P and I only know about P4 from a Let's Play (not the Giant Bomb Endurance Run one though) because I don't have a PS2 or a Vita...

I am currently playing P3FES and P2:IS, but for some reason I haven't been motivated to continue P2:IS (the enemy encounter rate is too high!)

Woo! Welcome!

As far as IS goes, combat'll be over really fast if you set animations to skip and figure out a powerful fusion spell that'll hit all enemies.

koutoru

I understand, P2 is a far cry from P4 and P3 in terms of gameplay.
I applaud you for even trying the classic Persona games even though you already know what P3 is like, most people don't even bother with P1 or P2.

Welcome to the group!

arue

As far as IS goes, combat'll be over really fast if you set animations to skip and figure out a powerful fusion spell that'll hit all enemies.

Thanks guys! I have been using fusion spells for every encounter and I like how they 1HKO the demons, but I just don't like walking 5 steps and boom! demon encounter.

I think I have a bad luck with estoma because I tried to evolve Pixie into Budai early in the game and I just gave up after 2 hours of grinding with no evolve :|

These days I think it is more wise to try other games closer to mainline, like Soul Hackers, Digital Devil Saga, or even mainline itself, like Nocturne, Strange Journey or SMTIV, than to jump straight from P3/4 to P1/2. Those games will ease you into P1/2.

I really wish Atlus would have made a proper remake, it is a shame that people cant stomach the gameplay to experience my favorite Persona story and characters :(

Welcome new guy or girl!

arue

These days I think it is more wise to try other games closer to mainline, like Soul Hackers, Digital Devil Saga, or even mainline itself, like Nocturne, Strange Journey or SMTIV, than to jump straight from P3/4 to P1/2. Those games will ease you into P1/2.

I really wish Atlus would have made a proper remake, it is a shame that people cant stomach the gameplay to experience my favorite Persona story and characters :(

Welcome new guy or girl!

I am a girl :) and yes, I would like a remake for P1 and P2 but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
I tried Strange Journey and I loved it so much, it's not as difficult as other people said. I prefer playing that than P2:IS actually.
I think the reason why I like SJ is because I am used to the battle and demon fusion from DeSu2 (another one of my favorites). I wish I have PS2 again because I want to play Nocturne and DDS. I also want a 3DS because I really want to play SMTIV and Soul Hackers too.
Being a college student = no money + no time for games = no fun :(

The song is actually pretty good, got an addictive rhythm to it. Though yeah a pachinko machine must be pretty noisy, because after hearing a Part 1 and part 2 of the P3 Pachinko demo. I can understand why you would say it would drive you nuts being next to a pachinko parlor. Hear like what over a 100 of these machines all doing the same thing would drive anyone insane.

Gazoinks

I am a girl :) and yes, I would like a remake for P1 and P2 but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
I tried Strange Journey and I loved it so much, it's not as difficult as other people said. I prefer playing that than P2:IS actually.
I think the reason why I like SJ is because I am used to the battle and demon fusion from DeSu2 (another one of my favorites). I wish I have PS2 again because I want to play Nocturne and DDS. I also want a 3DS because I really want to play SMTIV and Soul Hackers too.

Joining PersonaGAF was pretty terrible for my wallet because I realized I had to buy all the SMT games. :p

I haven't played SJ, but most battle and demon fusing stuff in SMT is closer to that than the Persona games.

It's all good, but make sure to at least look at a lets play or read up on the story!

SJ is a great game, and Soul Hackers is kind of what all these modern Shin Megami Tensei games are based on. Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment are clunky and sort of lacking in gameplay compared to all those, but man the story, its so good.

"Being a college student = no money + no time for games = no fun :("

Dont I know it.

BTW if you crave more Persona 3 and 4, maybe you should try out Persona 4 Arena on PS3 or 360, the fighting game.

arue

BTW if you crave more Persona 3 and 4, maybe you should try out Persona 4 Arena on PS3 or 360, the fighting game.

Actually, my friend gave me her copy of P4A a week after it launched. She was interested with all the hype with Persona 4, but she ended up not liking it because she thought the VN style was too boring for her. Obviously, it was because she never heard of Persona until P4A.
I ended playing P4A for the story because I'm not good with fighters at all. Labyrs' story was the best though, followed by Elizabeth. P4A spoiler
because she's going to bring Minato/Makoto back <3

Caladrius

Welcome to our den of despair.

Wait I have these topics confused

Welcome to our criminally insane community!

It is gritty and mature yo

I stubbed my toe while taking an exam once and cried.

I got a 95.

Me too, in the vein of P3/4. Fat chance that's happening.

As for college, drop out, that's what I did. Now I get to play all the vidja games I want. Worked for Steve Jobs also.

Joking, stay in school kids.

UxTSGTj.jpg

raw and adult

Actually, my friend gave me her copy of P4A a week after it launched. She was interested with all the hype with Persona 4, but she ended up not liking it because she thought the VN style was too boring for her. Obviously, it was because she never heard of Persona until P4A.
I ended playing P4A for the story because I'm not good with fighters at all. Labyrs' story was the best though, followed by Elizabeth. P4A spoiler

To be fair, I think the writing is a little bit of a step down from P3 and P4, due to the excessive inner monologue, but I still enjoyed it, looking forward to P4A2!

I stubbed my toe while taking an exam once and cried.

I got a 95.

Thats dark and deep yo.

UxTSGTj.jpg

raw and adult

That thing was the weirdest thing in Soul Hackers, and then they brought it back in SMTIV lol.

Talking Personas and 5 person parties should make a return for P5. I also want rival persona users(STREGA was wack, I want more normal people, would be cool if they attended the same school).

Gazoinks

Talking Personas and 5 person parties should make a return for P5. I also want rival persona users(STREGA was wack, I want more normal people, would be cool if they attended the same school).

Don't really care, yes, and yes. I find the immersion break where your entire party runs up all mad at the final boss and then you go into battle and four dudes are fighting while everyone else stands around picking their nose annoying. Rival Persona users would definitely be really cool also.

Sophia

I still like the Combattler V one they did back in 2012. Even if it is playing on nostalgia.

Still kinda cool to see Meguro did some pachislot music.

Five person parties should be a staple. :<

koutoru

If you want some more background on Labyrs's story I would suggest listing to the Persona 3 character drama Moonlight

(with eng subs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fETsiltNXg0

This goes into detail how Labyrs actually
met the little girl in her memories for the first time.

Sophia

So P4 endgame spoilers
That feeling when Nanako begs you to get back up during the final battle. I'm STILL crying.

"Hey... Big bro... Are you going to leave me behind...? I'll be a good girl. So don't go...I don't want you to go...Big bro..."

Many feels were had. ;_;

FluxWaveZ

How about this:
she fails miserably at her quest and ends up sacrificing herself similarly to how he did in order to save the world again in P4A2
?

Gazoinks

"Hey... Big bro... Are you going to leave me behind...? I'll be a good girl. So don't go...I don't want you to go...Big bro..."

Many feels were had. ;_;

The idea of that whole scene is kind of cheesy in retrospect but oh man the feels.

CorvoSol

Also, uh, should I really have fought the Super Boss, guys? Cuz I'm pretty damn sure the whole lead into and out of that battle implied some huge spoilers for P3.

Top Bottom