• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Caladrius

I want 5 people in battle (actually I'd be okay with 5 people in total) and no navigators.

Also, uh, should I really have fought the Super Boss, guys? Cuz I'm pretty damn sure the whole lead into and out of that battle implied some huge spoilers for P3.

Don't believe its lies.

I ended playing P4A for the story because I'm not good with fighters at all. Labyrs' story was the best though, followed by Elizabeth. P4A spoiler
because she's going to bring Minato/Makoto back <3

P4A's story was the main reason I purchased it as well. The whole Elizabeth trying to
bring back MC
was pretty cool. I also enjoyed seeing slightly older versions of some of the P3 cast. After playing it though, I still didn't become a fan of ASW fighters, but I learned to appreciate them for what they are. I'm still gonna give P4A2 a shot (mostly for story). Honestly, I never liked the way story was presented in P4A or BlazBlue, but it got the job done so I'll take it. I think the best story mode presentation in a fighting game is the Mortal Kombat reboot. It just flowed so well. I wish every fighting game had something like that, though I doubt hardcore fighting game players would care.

What's the average age of the players here who like Persona? Do University students enjoy it too?

Anyone here who is actually over 22 years of age and still enjoy it?

arue

If you want some more background on Labyrs's story I would suggest listing to the Persona 3 character drama Moonlight

(with eng subs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fETsiltNXg0

This goes into detail how Labyrs actually
met the little girl in her memories for the first time.

I listened to that already, along with the other translated P3 drama CDs. That's why I almost cried when I played Labyrs' story because everything goes back to that pier in Yakushima. I also love Makoto and Ryoji's character CD and " A Certain Day of Summer " because Aigis is my second favorite character, after Makoto of course.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Pretty much everyone I know personally that enjoys the Persona games are still way into the series after graduating university and I myself at least didn't start playing them until right before I graduated high school, which I found to be a nice way to look back on those years and try to process what all I should learn from them. From my experience with what I've seen in Japan, they're marketed to be pretty universally approachable games for pretty much anybody in their teens and upward. Nostalgia about high school years is a really huge trope in Japanese fiction for a lot of reasons, so the games tend to try and balance relative realism with what high school culture is at the time they come out with still keeping it recognizable for people who aren't quite that young anymore. On that front, they definitely seem to succeed since there's a lot of awareness and interest in the series from all sorts of adults. Even my Japanese friends who don't play the games are aware of it and they're a pretty urbane bunch, so I take that to be a decent indicator of how much the series has penetrated the public consciousness there.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
qrPGS7A.png

Warning, this thing is MASSIVE. lol

source

arue

How about this:
she fails miserably at her quest and ends up sacrificing herself similarly to how he did in order to save the world again in P4A2
?

If that means MC will be saved, then that's fine. If both are going to be sacrificed, then I'll rage because Elizabeth's story is basically a filler in P4A/P4A2.

Good night guys, thanks for all the fun discussion. I'm finally glad to be able to talk to you guys instead of lurking all day like I used to do. [Next time I'll probably show off my drawing skill or something.

If that means MC will be saved, then that's fine. If both are going to be sacrificed, then I'll rage because Elizabeth's story is basically a filler in P4A/P4A2.

Good night guys, thanks for all the fun discussion. I'm finally glad to be able to talk to you guys instead of lurking all day like I used to do. [Next time I'll probably show off my drawing skill or something.

Is it just me or is a ton of PersonaGAF artistically talented?

Sophia

Is it just me or is a ton of PersonaGAF artistically talented?

Yes they are
and it makes me depressed. ;_;

Pretty much everyone I know personally that enjoys the Persona games are still way into the series after graduating university and I myself at least didn't start playing them until right before I graduated high school, which I found to be a nice way to look back on those years and try to process what all I should learn from them. From my experience with what I've seen in Japan, they're marketed to be pretty universally approachable games for pretty much anybody in their teens and upward. Nostalgia about high school years is a really huge trope in Japanese fiction for a lot of reasons, so the games tend to try and balance relative realism with what high school culture is at the time they come out with still keeping it recognizable for people who aren't quite that young anymore. On that front, they definitely seem to succeed since there's a lot of awareness and interest in the series from all sorts of adults. Even my Japanese friends who don't play the games are aware of it and they're a pretty urbane bunch, so I take that to be a decent indicator of how much the series has penetrated the public consciousness there.

I always found it fascinating how Japanese people seem to approach nostalgia in high school, but maybe that's because my own years then were non-existent.

Like you I played P3 near the end of my high school, probably late junior or senior year. I played P4 the summer after high school. It was a nice little send off, a fantastic way to transition between high school and college. Now I've graduated college and I haven't had the privilege of playing another mainline Persona game. I still would not mind a Persona game that took place in college, though I bet the first choice of everyday would be "Get up to go to class? Or Stay in bed and recover from hang over?" The wait for 5 is killing me. Oh well, patience is a virtue. While I wait I should play Nocturne or both DDS games since they look rad.

Off topic: you used the word "Urbane." I totally learned that word earlier today while looking up sophisticated compliments. I love learning/using new words lol, I'm such a nerd :p

Gazoinks

That's a false Da Man tho, The real Da Man is out teaching kids how to play baseball.

Also everyone here is wrong, you either go Phoenix Rangers, or secret agents for the sheer levels of swag.

The Agent set was my early game swag, but I like the Butler set a bit more. Agent Chie is awesome though.

And I'm using the agent set in
the Secret Base because it just seems right. :p

CorvoSol

That's a false Da Man tho, The real Da Man is out teaching kids how to play baseball.

Also everyone here is wrong, you either go Phoenix Rangers, or secret agents for the sheer levels of swag.

I kinda like the Deep Blue set. Mostly cuz it took 2 playthroughs to get.

Also any costume Kashiwagi hands out is hilarious. I got the Coronet Armor this time through and the poor woman forced to wear it was very unhappy.

Acid08

Banned
Hey finally some hot story progress in P1P.

Saw the "different parts of Maki" stuff coming from a mile away, but the scenes were fun and well done. All the characters besides Nanjo are stupid as fuck I guess. Kandori boss was stupid easy, I swear the MC was doing 400-500 damage(more with crits) each turn with his gun. I'm actually really interested to see where all of this stuff with Maki ends up though. I doubt she'll be "alive" or whatever by the end of this.....unless the power of friendship comes through! :p

Aww poor Mark is totally hung up on Maki too. Too bad she's into some crappy dude with a stupid name and a girlfriend. Pretty sure Elly is into Mr. Silent MC which is preeeeeeeetty cool.

CorvoSol

Missing a Mind Charged spell is the most depressing thing in the universe.

Missing the last God's Hand that's been Power Charged in a Super Boss fight.

P4TA 17

"Still, that chick's pretty amazing."
"Which chick? Oh right, funbags."

Did not see this coming.

CorvoSol

Chie's busy S.Linking with steak.

Also, do students actually get a day off for Respect For the Aged Day? What even is that?

That's the day you go SLink with Death.
She isn't even fucking Death. So fucking disappointed by that. GAH.

I was actually thinking it would be interesting to see the game from Yosuke's POV. All female SLinks would only go as far as 7.

Top Bottom