• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

That's the day you go SLink with Death.
She isn't even fucking Death. So fucking disappointed by that. GAH.

Ah crap I forgot about her.

Wait.

Go to the hot springs with Rise or spend the day with depressing old lady.

Yeah I probably made the right choice.

PK Gaming

Missing the last God's Hand that's been Power Charged in a Super Boss fight.

P4TA 17

"Still, that chick's pretty amazing."
"Which chick? Oh right, funbags."

Did not see this coming.

Yeah around that point in the anime, he starts to get really, really random (and funny)

CorvoSol

Ah crap I forgot about her.

Wait.

Go to the hot springs with Rise or spend the day with depressing old lady.

Yeah I probably made the right choice.

Death was actually one of my favorite Social Links in the whole game. That one hit SUPER close to home for me. I wasn't expecting it, and somewhere around rank 7 is just nailed me in the heart.

Yeah around that point in the anime, he starts to get really, really random (and funny)

Well, it's pretty obvious this is New Game + for him, so I assume he just doesn't give a shit. He's like "Yes, Kanji, I know. Now let's talk about her massive bazookas."

Gazoinks

Death was actually one of my favorite Social Links in the whole game. That one hit SUPER close to home for me. I wasn't expecting it, and somewhere around rank 7 is just nailed me in the heart.

I'll try to do it, still have plenty of time. I just always forget since it's only on holidays.

Speaking of which, getting to the ends of Dojima's and Nanako's links. Aaaall aboard the feels train.

CorvoSol

I'll try to do it, still have plenty of time. I just always forget since it's only on holidays.

Speaking of which, getting to the ends of Dojima's and Nanako's links. Aaaall aboard the feels train.

Telling you man, the Nanako one
during the final battle. I fucking bawled.

Gazoinks

Telling you man, the Nanako one
during the final battle. I fucking bawled.

The part
where Nanako "dies" completely murdered me. I have a sister that's not that much younger than Nanako so it hit way too close to home.

EDIT: Also, I just maxed Rise's link and it made me realize... I have no idea what her Persona evolution does. I mean, the fighters change their weaknesses up, but she doesn't fight. Anyone know?

CorvoSol

The part
where Nanako "dies" completely murdered me. I have a sister that's not that much younger than Nanako so it hit way too close to home.

EDIT: Also, I just maxed Rise's link and it made me realize... I have no idea what her Persona evolution does. I mean, the fighters change their weaknesses up, but she doesn't fight. Anyone know?

Is Nanako just the most heart meltingly precious child in an RPG ever or what?

Level 3 Rise Persona fully exposes enemy weakness and strengths at the beginning of a fight. I don't recall what level 2 does.

Gazoinks

Is Nanako just the most heart meltingly precious child in an RPG ever or what?

Level 3 Rise Persona fully exposes enemy weakness and strengths at the beginning of a fight. I don't recall what level 2 does.

Well she's one of like two likable child characters in games. :p

Aaah, so it affects scanning. That makes sense. When do the 3rd evolutions show up?

Well she's one of like two likable child characters in games. :p

Aaah, so it affects scanning. That makes sense. When do the 3rd evolutions show up?

They'll talk to you at a certain point
after New Year's, when you get back to school is when you get the earliest chance of them talking to you.

PK Gaming

The part

Rise's awakened Persona will automatically detect a single weakness for a random enemy. Her rank 3 Persona outright tells you the weaknesses and resistances for all of the enemies on the field.

Dantis

If we're on the subject of pachislot machines, I actually really like the theme song Meguro composed for Persona 3's. Pretty sure it's the only one I've ever heard come out of those things that I don't intrinsically hate or find aggressively annoying and let me tell you, as someone who's both lived near a lot of pachinko machines and played too many of them in the Yakuza games, that's a hell of a miracle. Meguro really does do the lord's work when it comes to writing acceptable music for his games.

DUDE.

I've never heard this song. Thanks for posting it!

Hello PersonaGAF! I had been a lurker here since the Persona announcement back in November and finally decided to make an account. My favorite Persona game is P3P and I only know about P4 from a Let's Play (not the Giant Bomb Endurance Run one though) because I don't have a PS2 or a Vita...

I am currently playing P3FES and P2:IS, but for some reason I haven't been motivated to continue P2:IS (the enemy encounter rate is too high!)
Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Hello and welcome!

Next time I'll probably show off my drawing skill or something.

Oh my.

P4TA 17

"Still, that chick's pretty amazing."
"Which chick? Oh right, funbags."

Did not see this coming.

One of the most out of character things in the dub, in my opinion.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!

I'll translate because sure:

Hey all.

It's been a long time coming, but we're finally able to stage our comeback as a company at last. (Sobs.)

It goes without saying, but I know we've made you, the fans, worry a lot these past several years. We lost that which we thought we could once take for granted when Atlus ceased to be a proper company. Atlus continued to live on as a brand, but we had to do a lot of soul searching during those years, especially with respect to what made our games enjoyable on their own terms and and what it means to us personally to bring those games to life.

I might be a bit overdramatic when I say this, but I think much like people, the games that leave a lasting impression upon us are the ones that that charm us and challenge us alike, ones that require more than mere passiveness on our part to enjoy and set out to change the status quo with good intentions. While it's important for players to enjoy themselves when playing video games, I want ours to linger on in their memories for other reasons beyond that. Those are the things I've kept at the forefront of my mind as I keep pursuing this life as a creator that I've gone down.

And that's not going to change moving forward.

We want to keep making the games that'll make you all happy as fans and while we're working hard to bring them to you, I hope you'll continue to voice your passionate support for us as you always have.

-Katsura Hashino

The Japanese Persona Twitter account has always been surprisingly good about listening to fans' concerns when Atlus has gone through some turbulence, so I'm not entirely surprised to see Hashino write something up in the wake of the news about Atlus' name being properly restored, but it's still nice to see regardless.

What's the average age of the players here who like Persona? Do University students enjoy it too?

Anyone here who is actually over 22 years of age and still enjoy it?

I'm 25 and love the series. Though I was younger than 22 when I first played Persona 4.

I would say the average age on here is probably around 22 or over but I don't think age has anything to do with it!

Necrovex

What's the average age of the players here who like Persona? Do University students enjoy it too?

I'm 23, and I adore the Persona franchise (3/4 at least). They are extremely well-made game, so age shouldn't have a factor on one's enjoyment.

I only started playing Persona this year at 24 years old, and I think I enjoyed it more now than I probably would have if I was still in highschool.

tumblr_n17591dskW1qai61bo1_1280.png

yosuke am cry

I only started playing Persona this year at 24 years old, and I think I enjoyed it more now than I probably would have if I was still in highschool.

I read an article somewhere about how it allows you to sort of 're-live a fantasy' of your school years, or something like that, it was an interesting read.

I sometimes forget that I'm a couple of years older than most of the people here.

Doesn't feel good, man.

Embrace the age of droopyballs and zimmers!

Meia

Will be 34 on Sunday, I'm old. :p

Persona is a weird beast in that(4 especially), sometimes people who can't stand jrpgs have no problem getting through them. Been gaming my whole life(first RPG was Final Fantasy on the NES), and Atlus to me is probably as good as Squaresoft was way way back when. Oh the mighty have fallen. The king is dead, long live the king. :p

24 here. I actually assumed most Persona fans were college age or older. Maybe it's a biased observation based on the people I usually interact with, though.

24 here. I actually assumed most Persona fans were college age or older. Maybe it's a biased observation based on the people I usually interact with, though.

Pretty safe assumption when you think that the game originally came out in 2008. Though Golden could of brought in some younger people.

Lunar15

I'll translate because sure:

The Japanese Persona Twitter account has always been surprisingly good about listening to fans' concerns when Atlus has gone through some turbulence, so I'm not entirely surprised to see Hashino write something up in the wake of the news about Atlus' name being properly restored, but it's still nice to see regardless.

Dat letter. The feels man, the feels. It really sounds like they're coming out of a tough time, which is fantastic. Not that they were in a bad situation, but that they feel confident enough to say that they're on the mend.

While it's important for players to enjoy themselves when playing video games, I want ours to linger on in their members for other reasons beyond that.

This line gives me the most confidence for P5. Not that I didn't have it, it's just good to have reassurance that their heads are in the right place.

I'm going to be 29 in April, and I started with Persona in 2012, so yes.

Also-- Welcome arue! Can't wait to see your art, and I think you'll be right at home here! :D

Tiu Neo

27 here, out of the university for 6 years. Started playing the series in 2011~, love it. Would probably love it back then, too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Will be 34 on Sunday, I'm old. :p

I'm still older. ;P

It does seem like the gaming side generally skews more to the college age to mid 20s range, but I suppose that's true of most video game forums. Most of the older posters seem to mainly congregate in OT and OT Community and generally avoid gaming these days.

I also find it interesting that there's not a lot of posters here who frequented the P3 and P4 JP and US OTs when they came out. Then again, many of those posters likely aren't even aware this thread exists.

Swedesu

Speaking of ages, today is my birthday!

Not being a teenager anymore and studying at a college, it doesn't get more mature than this. Persona 5 is nothing compared to me!

Anyway that letter from Hashino really solidifies why Atlus is one of my favorite developers. Not many people could write something like that and make me believe it.

Not being a teenager anymore and studying at a college, it doesn't get more mature than this. Persona 5 is nothing compared to me!

Anyway that letter from Hashino really solidifies why Atlus is one of my favorite developers. Not many people could write something like that and make me believe it.

Happy birthday! Make sure you do dark and edgy things on your dark and edgy birthday!

Happy Birthday! :)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The part

I broke down for several minutes during that scene.
At the beginning of last month, just a week before I started playing P4 for the first time, my younger brother passed away. So when I saw that scene in the hospital?
Absolutely wrecked me.

Really, given the subject matter of the game P4 was simultaneously the best/worst game to play during that time. It hit way too close to home during a lot of scenes/social links, but that made it resonate all the more.

Happy Birthday!!!

Top Bottom