• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Wow, late 40's seems so low. The game has not been challenging at all though.

And I did fuse the first Fool Persona :p it's pretty awesome. If I get the MC high enough level I'll probably fuse the second one too. I think it's supposed to be 47, right?

Thats cuz I told you the Personas that break the game, but its hilarious how easily they are gotten!

Acid08

Banned
Thats cuz I told you the Personas that break the game, but its hilarious how easily they are gotten!
Haha yeah that and guns are hilariously ridiculous with high dexterity. MC is trashing fools left and right with his machine gun.

Also Mark with Megidolan isn't even far to demon mobs. And Elly is like 5 levels above the next highest member :lol

Haha yeah that and guns are hilariously ridiculous with high dexterity. MC is trashing fools left and right with his machine gun.

and I didn't even teach you the trick to get a random skill on a Persona! Brad sure is enjoying his level 18 Triglav with MEGIDOLAON or Nanjo with his level 17 Quetzalcoatl with Maziodyne

Just finished listening to the Amanda episode of S. Link FM, and it was probably my favourite one so far. Great guest, great questions, and great hosting, guys!

It was really interesting to learn that Amanda played a small role in SR3. Who was the person you mentioned who loved the game, Inorigo?

Acid08

Banned
I put Take-Mikazuchi on Nanjo yesterday. Seems decent. He was struggling with Fuutai, doing almost no damage with his spells.

CorvoSol

WHY DOESN'T DOJIMA LOOK LIKE HE'S JOKING WHEN HE SAYS
IT'S OKAY TO MARRY NANAKO. WTF DOJIMA THIS ISN'T THAT KIND OF ANIME.

Gazoinks

WHY DOESN'T DOJIMA LOOK LIKE HE'S JOKING WHEN HE SAYS
IT'S OKAY TO MARRY NANAKO. WTF DOJIMA THIS ISN'T THAT KIND OF ANIME.

xm4Sw3K.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Huh, the NA version of Inazuma Eleven uses the Japanese opening. Was not expecting that.

Ha, in a way, but not quite what I had in mind. P4A has the contrived "illusion" reason for fighting each other and they overcome it in a way that makes sense for Persona 4 by trusting in each other; in their friends.

But what I'm talkin' about is really Danganronpa, but literally replace the cast with Persona characters and have the plot reflect the Persona series. An "alternate reality" game where they're actually forced to kill each other for motives that are analogous to the ones in the actual RPGs (motive 1 for Yu = Nanako, for example)... I'd actually probably like that.

Seeing the P3/P4 cast truly go off the deep end... heh, wonderful.

Would prefer a 999/VLR universe crossover instead for that sort of thing. Danganronpa always felt a bit flat to me.

CorvoSol

So uhm, P4 spoilers
is there anything I need to know about the fight with Margaret? I mean my party is pretty much maxed, and I'll have all three Izanagis ready for that fight. Also, what do I win when I defeat her?

FluxWaveZ

Would prefer a 999/VLR universe crossover instead for that sort of thing. Danganronpa always felt a bit flat to me.

I actually prefer DR to ZE. I've wanted a game in a Battle Royale context for so long and DR delivers that and so much more.

I also feel that a Persona game in a DR context would make more "sense" than with ZE since there wouldn't be a lot of freedom for how the story was set if it was explicitly combined with ZE (
it would have to be heavily tied to morphogenetic fields, for example
), while DR's setting would leave more room for different isolated incidents and character moments.

Plus, the game's straight up set in a high school.

kewlmyc

I actually prefer DR to ZE. I've wanted a game in a Battle Royale context for so long and DR delivers that and so much more.

I also feel that a Persona game in a DR context would make more "sense" than with ZE since there wouldn't be a lot of freedom for how the story was set if it was explicitly combined with ZE (
it would have to be heavily tied to morphogenetic fields, for example
), while DR's setting would leave more room for different isolated incidents and character moments.

Plus, the game's straight up set in a high school.

Surprised you really liked it. I thought the trials would have been too easy for you.

Moonlight

Banned
So uhm, P4 spoilers
is there anything I need to know about the fight with Margaret? I mean my party is pretty much maxed, and I'll have all three Izanagis ready for that fight. Also, what do I win when I defeat her?
Margaret should be pretty cake in Golden, between based Rise and what I can only presume are stacked as fuck Personae. If you've been levelling Naoto, Shield of Justice is a pretty good option for the fight Just make sure your party weaknesses are covered (because Margaret can and probably will exploit all of them) and keep healing every turn no matter what. Make sure you've got someone with Debilitate as well. For best results, combine with Dragon Hustle from Chie.

Squire

Banned
I'd kill for a DR fighting game. They could figure it out.

Just finished listening to the Amanda episode of S. Link FM, and it was probably my favourite one so far. Great guest, great questions, and great hosting, guys!

It was really interesting to learn that Amanda played a small role in SR3. Who was the person you mentioned who loved the game, Inorigo?

I was talkin' about you, buddy! Glad you enjoyed the episode ^_^

FluxWaveZ

Surprised you really liked it. I thought the trials would have been too easy for you.

DR's trials? They were easy to go through, and I'm not sure that's totally because my difficulty was set on the "Kind" default. But that doesn't mean their outcome was predictable, outside of case 1's, so it wasn't much of an issue and gameplay emulating Ace Attorney would be enjoyable anytime.

I was hesitant going into the game because of the amount of praise it gets, but it combines aspects of a bunch of stuff that I absolutely love, so of course I was going to end up enjoying it.

Levito

Banned
Thanks Scrafty!

Danganronpa has made me interested in playing more games in this genre like 999 and Ace Attorney.

There's some obvious Persona influence on DR. The UI at times uses the same color scheme as P4, not to mention the report cards are essentially a variation on Social Links.

Trigger

So uhm, P4 spoilers

You get another void all damage item if you beat her, I thought. Marge is indeed a piece of cake in Golden. Cover your weaknesses and debuff away.

CorvoSol

You get another void all damage item if you beat her, I thought. Marge is indeed a piece of cake in Golden. Cover your weaknesses and debuff away.

Does this item carry over into NG+? If not, the bonus is almost as pointless as the World Persona.

Moonlight

Banned
@P4 Spoilers:
I'm pretty sure the item that Margaret gives you is worthless other than a 'hey, I beat Margaret' trophy to show your friends.

I'd kill for a DR fighting game. They could figure it out.
I've said this before, but I'd love this. And as I've said on IRC, would main Toko super-hard for Reasons.

CorvoSol

You're shitting me. Half way through the fight she
restores all of her HP!?

FUUUUUUUCK. I hate how Naoto is simultaneously useful and useless in this fight.

PK Gaming

I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed it :)

So uhm, P4 spoilers

You will obliterate her. And you get a useless key item + an achievement for taking her down.

EDIT: Oh
Make sure you take her down quickly! After 50 turns have passed, she will cast a special Megidolaon that will deal 9999 damage. Though Naoto can block it. Try to abuse Debilitate if you have it, it completely neuters her.

CorvoSol

I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed it :)

You will obliterate her. And you get a useless key item + an achievement for taking her down.

EDIT: Oh
Make sure you take her down quickly! After 50 turns have passed, she will cast a special Megidolaon that will deal 9999 damage. Though Naoto can block it. Try to abuse Debilitate if you have it, it completely neuters her.

I don't have it, I'll have to check and see if I have the skill card for it. Hopefully I saved BEFORE blowing my cash on another Victory Cry and not after, haha, otherwise I'll need to cash grind until I can buy one.

Which may or may not be a bad idea, since Naoto is only level 77, compared to the rest of the party, who are at max.

Sophia

I don't have it, I'll have to check and see if I have the skill card for it. Hopefully I saved BEFORE blowing my cash on another Victory Cry and not after, haha, otherwise I'll need to cash grind until I can buy one.

Which may or may not be a bad idea, since Naoto is only level 77, compared to the rest of the party, who are at max.

I would tell you about the super secret method to grind cash insanely fast
except it doesn't work in Persona 4 Golden, only in the vanilla game.

Also, shame on you for not having the game's best character maxed out.

PK Gaming

You can get it from the Trumpeter Persona (it's a special fusion).

CorvoSol

I would tell you about the super secret method to grind cash insanely fast
except it doesn't work in Persona 4 Golden, only in the vanilla game.

Also, shame on you for not having the game's best character maxed out.

The only maxed party members I have are Yu and Rise, haha. Kanji, Chie, and Yukiko are close, but that's because I haven't used Teddie, Naoto or Yosuke since December.

Sophia

The only maxed party members I have are Yu and Rise, haha. Kanji, Chie, and Yukiko are close, but that's because I haven't used Teddie, Naoto or Yosuke since December.

Neglecting two of the three best party members in Golden... tsk tsk.... You're lucky Persona 4 doesn't throw any endgame bosses to really roadblock you like in Persona 3. :p

Gazoinks

It's funny because this is my party. :p Well, it will be once I get Naoto. I wanted to use the three folks I didn't use in OG P4.

You're remembering to Power Charge with Kanji every turn, right? You can snap Large Marge in half if you just keep spamming superbuffed Primal Forces on the turns when she's not immune to Phys.

CorvoSol

Neglecting two of the three best party members in Golden... tsk tsk.... You're lucky Persona 4 doesn't throw any endgame bosses to really roadblock you like in Persona 3. :p

I think Naoto's pretty useful, but I dunno, Chie and Kanji deal the best raw damage, and Yukiko's Salvation keeps the whole team afloat.

You're remembering to Power Charge with Kanji every turn, right? You can snap Large Marge in half if you just keep spamming superbuffed Primal Forces on the turns when she's not immune to Phys.

Well no, because I brought Naoto to the fight instead of Kanji. I have to reorganize here. Obviously Yukiko is coming because Salvation is a must. Naoto's shield spell is useful, but she burns MP and hasn't got a lot of HP to compensate for the times where she gets hit. Kanji's a beast, but Chie has that boost all ability that . . . she can only use one time because her MP is crap.

Well no, because I brought Naoto to the fight instead of Kanji. I have to reorganize here. Obviously Yukiko is coming because Salvation is a must. Naoto's shield spell is useful, but she burns MP and hasn't got a lot of HP to compensate for the times where she gets hit. Kanji's a beast, but Chie has that boost all ability that . . . she can only use one time because her MP is crap.

Slap a Chakra Ring (found in one of the flower patches by the bridge that leads to Large Marge) on Naoto or Chie if you're worried about them eating through SP quickly (you might want to grind the final dungeon for an additional one to stick on Yukiko as well), and give Kanji as much Strength-boosting equipment as possible in order to maximize his damage output.

Chie is honestly inferior to Kanji for the sake of this battle, though. Just put your MC on (de)buff duty to ensure Marge is always Debilitated and Kanji is always Hear Riser-ed, while having your remaining three characters alternate between attacking and supporting.

CorvoSol

Slap a Chakra Ring (found in one of the flower patches by the bridge that leads to Large Marge) on Naoto or Chie if you're worried about them eating through SP quickly (you might want to grind the final dungeon for an additional one to stick on Yukiko as well), and give Kanji as much Strength-boosting equipment as possible in order to maximize his damage output.

Chie is honestly inferior to Kanji for the sake of this battle, though. Just put your MC on (de)buff duty to ensure Marge is always Debilitated and Kanji is always Hear Riser-ed, while having your remaining three characters alternate between attacking and supporting.

Does debilitate stack?

Also Yukiko is fine, I think. She's rockin' like, 500 SP with whatever the think is that cuts her costs in half. That way Fire Petals and Salvation are 17 and 20 apiece. Naoto has the Chakra Band, I think. I swap Chie for Kanji and figure out this Debilitate bidness and see if I can't chew Margaret up.

Sophia

I think Naoto's pretty useful, but I dunno, Chie and Kanji deal the best raw damage, and Yukiko's Salvation keeps the whole team afloat.

Yosuke actually loses a bit of importance near the finale, but Yukiko's Salvation isn't much better then what Teddie gets. There aren't a whole lot of status effects near the end of the game.

CorvoSol

Yosuke actually loses a bit of importance near the finale, but Yukiko's Salvation isn't much better then what Teddie gets. There aren't a whole lot of status effects near the end of the game.

Honestly I see Yukiko and Teddie as just being tradeoffs. There doesn't feel like there's a huge difference between the two, so I just use Yukiko cuz I like to.

Rhapsody

Banned
DR's trials? They were easy to go through, and I'm not sure that's totally because my difficulty was set on the "Kind" default. But that doesn't mean their outcome was predictable, outside of case 1's, so it wasn't much of an issue and gameplay emulating Ace Attorney would be enjoyable anytime.

I was hesitant going into the game because of the amount of praise it gets, but it combines aspects of a bunch of stuff that I absolutely love, so of course I was going to end up enjoying it.

You should've set the difficulty to Mean. If you go to chapter select, it lets you set the difficulty to whatever you want again.

As for DR's story, I do like how it was written. I remember hearing people say it was too easy to see things coming, but I liked how they handled it. Knowing the culprit was easy, so then you could focus a lot on how they did it and why they'd do it.

Sophia

Honestly I see Yukiko and Teddie as just being tradeoffs. There doesn't feel like there's a huge difference between the two, so I just use Yukiko cuz I like to.

Teddie has a bit more variety in his ability set then Yukiko. If you're willing to keep Ice Boost/Ice Amp he can do as much damage as the protagonist at times.

FluxWaveZ

You should've set the difficulty to Mean. If you go to chapter select, it lets you set the difficulty to whatever you want again.

I could have set the difficulty to Mean mid-playthrough after chapter 1? I regretted going with Kind and I didn't find anyway to change it in the options, but if it was possible I would have wanted to do it for sure.

Rhapsody

Banned
I could have set the difficulty to Mean mid-playthrough after chapter 1? I regretted going with Kind and I didn't find anyway to change it in the options, but if it was possible I would have wanted to do it for sure.

Yeah. So if you were on chapter 2, you do chapter select and choose chapter 1 (it won't let you select the beginning of chapter 2 until you clear it iirc), then select trial. It'll give you the difficulty choices again. Unfortunately you have to replay through the trial again but it's still something.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah. So if you were on chapter 2, you do chapter select and choose chapter 1 (it won't let you select the beginning of chapter 2 until you clear it iirc), then select trial. It'll give you the difficulty choices again. Unfortunately you have to replay through the trial again but it's still something.

Ah, oh well. At least it's something to take note of when the sequel's released later this year.

PK Gaming

Does debilitate stack?

Also Yukiko is fine, I think. She's rockin' like, 500 SP with whatever the think is that cuts her costs in half. That way Fire Petals and Salvation are 17 and 20 apiece. Naoto has the Chakra Band, I think. I swap Chie for Kanji and figure out this Debilitate bidness and see if I can't chew Margaret up.

No, but you can extend its length by casting it again.

What level does Trumpeter learn Debilitate at?
Level 73.

Top Bottom