• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Lemstar

Levito

Banned
SO GUYS--seems like barely anyone has noticed Amanda's post about doing Persona stuff besides us. Do you think it would be a dickish move to make a post about it on gaming?

Boy I sure am loving the Dangan Ronpa Community thread!

Oh, would you like us to recommend Dantis some anime? Or how about we dicuss how shitty Arena is again?

YukinoISAnnoyed.png

Please don't spoil Danganronpa, this is PersonaGAF. Not DanganronpaGAF. If your gonna post something like that, use spoiler tags.

Gazoinks

SO GUYS--seems like barely anyone has noticed Amanda's post about doing Persona stuff besides us. Do you think it would be a dickish move to make a post about it on gaming?

Mmmm. I don't think it'd be dickish, but I don't see much point to it? I mean, is all she said "Gonna be recording some more Persona stuff?". Doesn't seem like there's enough there to make a thread that's more than just baseless speculation. :p

I'm guessing it's for Arena, meself. Wouldn't surprise me if they try to push out the localization of that shortly after the JP release.

PQ isn't voice acted outside of cutscenes, right? I can't remember.

Levito

Banned
It's okay man, I know you didn't mean to do that, just be more careful about that next time.

As I said, it was openly discussed already, so I didn't think it was considered a spoiler. All the same, my mistake.

I'd also suggest a PM so to not draw attention to it either.

PK Gaming

Oh, would you like us to recommend Dantis some anime? Or how about we dicuss how shitty Arena is again?

I don't think it's a dick move at all; she posted it on her public facebook account, she wants people to know. I say go for it man.

I've pleaded that we make it a rule to NOT use the spoiler tag in this thread unless it's an actual spoiler....

It's like that time I clicked on one of PK's post thinking it was just a "Haha isn't this silly" post when really it was massive spoiler for EP.

The end of IS, to be specific. (And not even any of the major events, but the result)

It was still unforgivable of me to spoil it, but you're still completely in the dark in regards to EP.

Gazoinks

Random question! How would you rank the dungeons in P4? For me it's something like:
Heaven > Void Quest > Yomotsu Hirasaka > Magatsu Inaba > Secret Base > Steamy Bathhouse > Yukiko's Castle
Can't rank the Golden dungeon since I'm not there yet.

Bonus, P3 dungeon rankings:
Tartarus

arue

Kyoko >> all others

I agree with you completely. Asahina is a close second to me though.

And *watched*. :)

I'll steer clear of your tumblr for now though, until I finish up with DR.
Thanks for the watch! Finish DR soon so we all can join the despair club :)

And thank you so much for the comments guys! I'm glad that Persona fans are happy with my drawings. I will definitely draw more Persona stuff after Q and 5 are out.

Lemstar

I'm totally fine with talking about how shitty Arena is and how you should all be playing Marvel.

vergil is nelo angelo

The P3 protagonist is such a creeper, watching those recordings. He won't do it when anyone else is in the room, so it's definitely something he knows he shouldn't be doing, but he does it anyway.

arue

Random question! How would you rank the dungeons in P4? For me it's something like:
Heaven > Void Quest > Yomotsu Hirasaka > Magatsu Inaba > Secret Base > Steamy Bathhouse > Yukiko's Castle

Tartarus

For P4, I would say mine is exactly the same as yours.
For P3, Tartarus is the only one lol. But if it's about the blocks, Harabah
(dance floor lol)
>Adamah (dat music)> the rest> Thebel>>>Monad (especially in FES, where you can't see the bigger map)

Levito

Banned
That wasn't your fault PK. All mine.

At the same time, I would say it's non-news, but eh.

Yeah probably, a lot of people are actually worried about the games being localized strangely enough.

I'm surprised they're starting this early, myself. I wonder if maybe Suplex will be released in North America in much closer proximity to the Japanese release.

kiriin

Tartarus

As different as setting are it hard to actually like any of them when they all suffer from same design point.

P1/P2EP/P3>P4>Air Raid Shelter/ Mount Katatsurumi.

I actually like the first person dungeon crawling of P1 (except for the random encounter in overworld).

FluxWaveZ

I'm surprised they're starting this early, myself. I wonder if maybe Suplex will be released in North America in much closer proximity to the Japanese release.

I don't think it's a real indication either way. Like I mentioned, Chronophantasma will be released five months in North America after its Japanese release, but the JPN version that some of us imported already has an English dialogue option for the characters.

Gazoinks

As different as setting are it hard to actually like any of them when they all suffer from same design point.

P1/P2EP/P3>P4>Air Raid Shelter/ Mount Katatsurumi.

I actually like the first person dungeon crawling of P1.

Yeah, I like how quickly you move in P1's dungeon crawling. I don't think I'd rate P2 above 4 on dungeons though. 4's dungeons can be boring, but at least they don't have some of those really annoying gimmicks (oh god the pits THE PITS). 3 vs 4 is sort of a wash. 3 has better dungeon generation, but 4 has better theming and feels less repetitive. If 5's structure is closer to 4 than 3, I hope they do away with random dungeons.

Levito

Banned
I don't think it's a real indication either way. Like I mentioned, Chronophantasma will be released five months in North America after its Japanese release, but the JPN version that some of us imported already has an English dialogue option for the characters.

I guess the difference I see is that it looks like Atlus is already working on an English release when the Japanese console release is still a ways off. It's probably nothing, but one can hope!

kiriin

Yeah, I like how quickly you move in P1's dungeon crawling. I don't think I'd rate P2 above 4 on dungeons though. 4's dungeons can be boring, but at least they don't have some of those really annoying gimmicks (oh god the pits THE PITS). 3 vs 4 is sort of a wash. 3 has better dungeon generation, but 4 has better theming and feels less repetitive. If 5's structure is closer to 4 than 3, I hope they do away with random dungeons.

It why I didn't mention P2IS psp remake. It's just preference thing though I wouldn't said EP's dungeon was great or anything; just prefer it to random hallway generator. But yes I want to see what are they going to do with P5.

That's how the Hermit S.Link ends? The one S.Link I've actually enjoyed so far in P3 and that's it?

The Sun isn't so bad I guess. Except for him being depressing as hell.

Most of the others I'm pretty meh on. I was shocked to see I was like rank 6 with the Emperor and I can't say I've feel I know much about that guy at all.

PK Gaming

Arena is good just buff Akihiko and nerf Mitsuru.

They did that for the sequel!

That's how the Hermit S.Link ends? The one S.Link I've actually enjoyed so far in P3 and that's it?

The Sun isn't so bad I guess. Except for him being depressing as hell.

Most of the others I'm pretty meh on. I was shocked to see I was like rank 6 with the Emperor and I can't say I've feel I know much about that guy at all.

Just wondering, what didn't you like about the ending?

Just wondering, what didn't you like about the ending?
I don't know, didn't feel like there was any actual character arc there, she just has a sudden realization right at the end. Didn't feel like there was any real closure there either regarding your respective identities--
I mean, you can easily figure out who she is, but she never learns who you are. Didn't seem fair, especially after the awkward conversations she has with online you about you IRL.
Just kind of felt unsatisfying.

Levito

Banned
Can't say I really have a favorite dungeon. At least in terms of talking about the dungeons in and of themselves. Generally they're just pallet swaps.

I'm totally fine with talking about how shitty Arena is and how you should all be playing Marvel.

Disney is going to take away all your mahvel.

PK Gaming

I don't know, didn't feel like there was any actual character arc there, she just has a sudden realization right at the end. Didn't feel like there was any real closure there either regarding your respective identities--
I mean, you can easily figure out who she is, but she never learns who you are. Didn't seem fair, especially after the awkward conversations she has with online you about you IRL.
Just kind of felt unsatisfying.

Oh

Ohhhhh

The rank 10 is definitely unsatisfying, but there's a proper resolution to that social link (and for all of them, I might add). Just keep playing!

CorvoSol

I'm going to do that on NG+, but I like fusing too much to do that this time.

I don't know what to say other than that I have had the same Pokemon team since Generation 2. I don't like switching out that much. There's this weird, insecure feeling I have while playing P3P at the moment where I'm like "How do I even know this demon is any good?" Except in SMT4, where I felt 0 attachment to the rat bastards who made up my team. Those fuckers could die for me and I would not care, because every single demon in SMT4 is an asshole, thief, and whiny bitch. "GIBE MONY PLS" "LOLOL I TROL U" Fuck off, demons.

So I noticed something while playing P3. Every time I go to study, a wolf howls. I'm in the middle of a big city. On an island. That was man made. In Japan. Where wolves are extinct.

Oh

Ohhhhh

The rank 10 is definitely unsatisfying, but there's a proper resolution to that social link (and for all of them, I might add). Just keep playing!
Okay, but I'm holding you to that!

So I noticed something while playing P3. Every time I go to study, a wolf howls. I'm in the middle of a big city. On an island. That was man made. In Japan. Where wolves are extinct.
A zoo maybe?

Or maybe that poor girl with Apathy Syndrome that just sits outside your dorm all day and all night that no one seems to give a shit about?

i didn't care for any p4 dungeons until the secret base. at that point they kept getting better. the last dungeon looks like something out of nocturne.

i was just as bored by the static floors as the randomly generated ones because they did nothing.

i didn't care for any p4 dungeons until the secret base. at that point they kept getting better. the last dungeon looks like something out of nocturne.

i was just as bored by the static floors as the randomly generated ones because they did nothing.

but daki don't you like looooooooooooong haaaaaaaaaaaallwaaaaaaaaaays? :p

CorvoSol

Okay, but I'm holding you to that!

A zoo maybe?

Or maybe that poor girl with Apathy Syndrome that just sits outside your dorm all day and all night that no one seems to give a shit about?

I figure it's probably that damn Fox again. No explanation for what kind of person leaves a pair of panties in a rare treasure chest inside of an eldritch tower, though. The worst part is Clara looks over the stats, shrugs, and puts this pair of panties she found in this place on. Just like that.

Top Bottom