• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

I never actually used Koro when I played P3 because I thought having a dog in my party was kind of silly. :p Maybe I'll use him in P3P when I get back to it.

Gazoinks

You know what's silly? Not using the Persona summoning dog.

Nah man, Makoto 2 cul for that scene.

I kind of hope P5 distributes XP to all party members even if you don't use them. It may not actually make sense, but I want to be able to switch at will. >.>

Soma

I never actually used Koro when I played P3 because I thought having a dog in my party was kind of silly. :p Maybe I'll use him in P3P when I get back to it.

I'd say it's around the same realm of silliness as having this thing in your party:

uxZUXAn.jpg

(never did use Teddie very often though...)

Gazoinks

I'd say it's around the same realm of silliness as having this thing in your party:

uxZUXAn.jpg

(never did use Teddie very often though...)

Well, I actually didn't use Teddie the first time I played P4. :p I'm glad Golden let's him fight in human form. But Teddie's more central to the plot than Koro is, imo.

Sophia

Somewhat related, but the new Sentai Show has Teddie's Japanese actor playing a monkey puppet and Chie's actor playing a robot. >_>;

arue

I thought of that too at first when I played P3P (my very first Persona game). But when I got around FES, I found Koro to be much more helpful than Junpei. Koro may be weaker in physicals, but his Agidyne and Mudoon saved me several times, especially against that Jotun enemy.

Btw, I don't get the toaster joke. Is being a toaster synonymous as being a wild card user? I'm just guessing here :p

CorvoSol

I thought of that too at first when I played P3P (my very first Persona game). But when I got around FES, I found Koro to be much more helpful than Junpei. Koro may be weaker in physicals, but his Agidyne and Mudoon saved me several times, especially against that Jotun enemy.

Btw, I don't get the toaster joke. Is being a toaster synonymous as being a wild card user? I'm just guessing here :p

I thought the idea was that they were robot girls and therefore akin to Cylons who are called Toasters in BattleStar Galactica.

Sophia

I thought the idea was that they were robot girls and therefore akin to Cylons who are called Toasters in BattleStar Galactica.

Yeah, that, and someone drew Aigis as an actual toaster in reference to that. So now everyone refers to the robot girls as toasters. >.>

Caladrius

I didn't use any of the party members after Mitsuru, except Aigis.

Koromaru is the Citizen Kane of Videogames of Persona characters.

If it makes you feel better, you were pretty useful in my SMTIV party. Until I fused you into one horrifying demon or another.

I was the medic my whole playthrough. Poison and stun are annoyingly common.

Meia

Here's my crack at a P4 werewolf fanfic:

"Alright..." Dante said as he left the gymnasium.

"That was amazing, I can't believe he pulled off that swimsuit. Hey Chie, you're just going to let him walk away... won't you tell him your true feelings?" Yukiko muttered.

"AAAAAAAAAAH!"

Suddenly, Daisuke began to shake in pain! Gripping his hand, which now appeared to be hairy and clawed, he ran to the locker room.

"I better check on him!" Yu Narukami said as he ran to the locker room in search of Daisuke.

As Yu Narukami turned the corner in fear and trepidation, he was met with a most uncanny sight! Daisuke, now a werewolf, stood valiantly in front of a cardboard box full of slightly irregular PUMA track shorts.

"Daisuke, I'm sorry. If I only somebody did your social link, this may not have happened."

Later that evening, the entire Investigation Team watched anime and played mahvel at the Dojima Residence. There was a pizza with double pepperoni and pineapple on the kotatsu but Chie and Teddy picked all the pepperoni off because they are jerks.

Kanji glanced at Yu Narukami, sat next to him on the floor and then stared in his eyes for a full ten minutes before finally grabbing the bullet from his bullet-necklace as he whispered, "Take this silver bullet, you know what to do."

"Yes, I must end this epic conflict." Yu Narukami said while everybody else was watching anime. He then walked to the sliding back porch door and opened it as his vibrating body turned into a hundred screeching bats.

"What the fuck!?" Rise exclaimed.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

hqdefault.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Aww yiss. Got this today. Never thought I'd be able to get a hold of this poster, but mandarake actually had a full size one for sale.

HsRGA8p.png

FluxWaveZ

OG Persona 4's the best out of all of them, hands down. It's fucking beautiful.

I like P4A's as well. I gotta say, I don't think the rest are all that great. The music is a significant part of the intros, though (which elevates P4's even higher).

Gazoinks

Unrelated. I per-ordered Conception II for the Vita. Don't know what I'm getting myself into but it's nice to support Atlus.

Honestly, this sounds like a game that's less creepy than everyone thinks it is, from the little I've read about it. I'll probably pick it up if I see some positive impressions.

It's cool how IS's and EP's menus mirror each other. Nice touch.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly, this sounds like a game that's less creepy than everyone thinks it is, from the little I've read about it. I'll probably pick it up if I see some positive impressions.

Atlus picking it up should probably be an indication itself that it's not as sexually insane as stuff like it can get.

Both upcoming Atlus USA projects will be releasing in the same month.

cj_iwakura

Atlus picking it up should probably be an indication itself that it's not as sexually insane as stuff like it can get.

Both upcoming Atlus USA projects will be releasing in the same month.

It should be either concerning or reassuring that they have so little on the way, depending on how you look at it.

hao chi

I don't know, I think I'd give it to Persona 3's eerie start up. Especially coming off Persona 2, it screamed 'welcome to the new age'.

Wow, Golden's is tacky.

I feel the same about both P3's and P4G's start up screens. P3: FES was my intro to the series, and the very somber music made me confident that what I was about to experience would be special.

P4G's start up screen is just assy, especially compared to what they already had with vanilla P4.

Sophia

No (deja-vu?), i'm talking about the PSP intro

Unbreakable tie is an amazing song, but the visuals are proper nonsense. It's the definition of throwaway anime opening, complete with naked characters.

Oh, fair enough. I still like Unbreakable Tie tho.

Top Bottom