• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Bz96xFn.png

Hay gurl hay

CorvoSol

I mean Rise's crush on Yu is cool and all but it gets a bit annoying when she does it all the time, but I still like her tho

You want to talk about annoying when they don't stop, look at Yosuke. He could actually have a girlfriend if he'd learn to shut his mouth at strategic points in conversation.

Gazoinks

You want to talk about annoying when they don't stop, look at Yosuke. He could actually have a girlfriend if he'd learn to shut his mouth at strategic points in conversation.

He wouldn't be Yosuke if he could censor himself! That's why I like that character. He feels like a fairly realistic teenager. He's kind of an idiot and kind of a dick, but he's still there for you and he grows as a person over the course of the story.

EMT0

Banned

Oh Brosuke. How can I play wingman when your mouth is a piece of anti-air artillery?

koutoru

It sucks that Yosuke fell in love with a girl that hated him.
Then there's Junpei, who actually got a girlfriend
who sacrificed her life for him.

You know I don't hate Yosuke but he's definitely annoying I mean I like Ken better than him and that's saying something, tho that's my personal opinion

Jintor

I feel like Dangan Ronpa really hits home moreso if you've played Persona just because of the way it's structured in terms of getting to know characters, etc. Just wrapped case 2.

Yosuke is pretty great.

Necrovex

I feel like Dangan Ronpa really hits home moreso if you've played Persona just because of the way it's structured in terms of getting to know characters, etc. Just wrapped case 2.

Yosuke is pretty great.

This man has created the ideal posts. I adored Yosuke. Next I'll see unfounded Yukari hate.

CorvoSol

He wouldn't be Yosuke if he could censor himself! That's why I like that character. He feels like a fairly realistic teenager. He's kind of an idiot and kind of a dick, but he's still there for you and he grows as a person over the course of the story.

Oh definitely. I'm just saying that if we're talking about people who can't stop what they're saying about someone they like, Yosuke beats Rise.

Only when I need to clean out the plumbing.

Wheeeeeeelp. Spose I had that coming.

Oh Brosuke. How can I play wingman when your mouth is a piece of anti-air artillery?

Yosuke's going to have a lot of terrible first dates and nothing Yu does will be able to help him.

You know I don't hate Yosuke but he's definitely annoying I mean I like Ken better than him and that's saying something, tho that's my personal opinion

Dude first Rise and now Yosuke.

This man has created the ideal posts. I adored Yosuke. Next I'll see unfounded Yukari hate.

I dunno how unfounded it is, but I'm not a big fan of Yukari yet. If Fuuka's robot voice wasn't around Yukari would probably be my least favorite SEES member so far.

What the fuck is that gif.....

And why does it keep blurring like that?

Necrovex

Yosuke's going to have a lot of terrible first dates and nothing Yu does will be able to help him.

I dunno how unfounded it is, but I'm not a big fan of Yukari yet. If Fuuka's robot voice wasn't around Yukari would probably be my least favorite SEES member so far.

Yu will screw with Yosuke, lend him 'The Game,' and tell him to follow the book's advice.

The unfounded part was more of a joke. I bloody adore her, but I can see how many could dislike her, just as they hate poor ol' Brosuke.

CorvoSol

Yu will screw with Yosuke, lend him 'The Game,' and tell him to follow the book's advice.

The unfounded part was more of a joke. I bloody adore her, but I can see how many could dislike her, just as they hate poor ol' Brosuke.

For a minute I thought you meant Invitation to the Game and I was very confused.

Gazoinks

Hope and Ken are both okay in my book. Never understood why they get so much hate.

Yeah, I never got the big deal on Hope. You mean a kid who lost his mom, got exiled from society, and is forced to go on a dangerous adventure to save the world is slightly bothered by it? Gasp.

CorvoSol

Yeah, I never got the big deal on Hope. You mean a kid who lost his mom, got exiled from society, and is forced to go on a dangerous adventure to save the world is slightly bothered by it? Gasp.

It's more "Jesus why can't this kid grow a pair and TELL Snow he hates his guts?" I mean, you're hard pressed to find a person who doesn't think that hating Snow is a reasonable position to hold, after all.

But Hope is much, much worse in XIII-2. Course the whole plot of XIII-2 is awful so there's that.

Gazoinks

It's more "Jesus why can't this kid grow a pair and TELL Snow he hates his guts?" I mean, you're hard pressed to find a person who doesn't think that hating Snow is a reasonable position to hold, after all.

But Hope is much, much worse in XIII-2. Course the whole plot of XIII-2 is awful so there's that.

Admittedly, my memories of FF13 are super hazy. I remember nothing about Snow's character at all. Frocobo was a bro though. Frocobro.

Acid08

Banned
A few chapters into the P1 manga, I like it! Personality of the MC is good. He's kinda funny, caring, and mostly positive. Pretty good considering how little the source material gives to go off of.

Zebetite

Banned

I'm not exactly Yosuke's biggest fan, full disclosure-- but don't paint the kid out to be "poor old Brosuke." He earns any ire he gets, far as I'm concerned. Dude's a huge dick to Kanji, and often. He can be more than a little skeevy sometimes, too.

I wonder if there's a correlation between disliking Yosuke and liking Kanji.

CorvoSol

I tried to play FFXIII, i really did, but I just couldn't handle it. It's just too fucking boring

Soon enough you'll get to play the better FFXIII with the better Lightning: Type-0.

Why isn't the translation patch done NOOOOOOW?

I love Kanji but the only ill-will I bear toward Yosuke I bear toward him because he reminds me of myself.

Necrovex

I'm not exactly Yosuke's biggest fan, full disclosure-- but don't paint the kid out to be "poor old Brosuke." He earns any ire he gets, far as I'm concerned. Dude's a huge dick to Kanji, and often. He can be more than a little skeevy sometimes, too.

True enough. Yosuke was a major dick in Golden when it came to Kanji. His jokes became so aggressive at points. I really enjoyed the slow development of Yosuke's character from being a dick to being a slightly decent kid.

Caladrius

Hope doesn't bug me so much as the blatant shotacon subtext they set up with him, and with the second-worst girl to boot.

I tried to play FFXIII, i really did, but I just couldn't handle it. It's just too fucking boring

I lost the will to continue by chapter 7.

Kanji is my favorite character, tied with Yukiko, and I like Yosuke a lot and I think people exaggerate when people say how Yosuke treated Kanji.

Gazoinks

Kanji is my favorite character and I like Yosuke a lot and I think people exaggerate when people say how Youske treated Kanji.

Yeah, I was coming in to say that. :p Yosuke's a dick to Kanji shortly after he joins, but he's a dick to everyone shortly after they join (even comments on figuring out how to push Naoto's buttons). I don't see it as coming from a place of malice though. He's just awkward and insensitive, and he grows a fair bit through the story and his S.Link to become a better person.

arue

I lost the will to continue by chapter 7.
I couldn't handle the linearity of the game and I was about to drop it too, that is, until I reached chapter 13. Chapter 13 > rest of game in terms of gameplay.

I felt like that is when the real game starts. Chapters 1-12 are just tutorials.

Ken and Hope are okay. Ken is just a kid and his way of thinking fits his age (I would do the same too if I were 10).
Hope is still 14, so I guess his actions are justified because his mother is killed while he's on that teenager hormone.

CorvoSol

You know what Hope isn't justified in?

FFXIII-2 SPOILERS AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

"Hey, I know these God-Machines killed my mother and countless others in their violent need to destroy the world. But what the Hell, I'm scared of this world down here even though I braved it YEARS AGO, so I'm taking all mankind back to the safety of the womb. And we're going to use the brain of one of the masterminds to power ANOTHER God-Machine that will have absolute control over the entire world instead of relying on a system of Demi-God-Machines to rule over us! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?"

"Hey, I know I have these two friends who can travel through time without any negative repercussions who can run to the future and back an infinite number of times to tell me if any plan I come up with is a bad one, but instead of using my genius intellect to realize that means I can have them DO EXACTLY THAT, why don't I JUST TAKE A ONE WAY TRIP TO THE FUTURE, BETTING IT ALL ON THIS PLAN OF MINE?"

*Somehow smart enough to build a machine more effective than the entire system of machines that a GODDESS BUILT.
*Not smart enough to realize it's going to backfire.
*Fights for an entire year against the tyranny of the Gods.
*Decides it's better to put mankind back under their control anyway.
*Inherits larger world with vast natural resources and infinite space for expansion.
*Puts humanity living on the outside of a metal ball with no natural resources to speak of.
*Friends sacrifice themselves to form a crystal pillar to hold up the world for all eternity.
*Decides to destroy said pillar so he can have materials to build his little metal globe.

Fuck Hope. The only good things about him are his necktie and his boomerang. That moron can burn in the special fire reserved for Toriyama.

CorvoSol

That Igor fan art reminds me that in Golden you can tell a scary story about the Velvet Room, and Kanji's like "there's something wrong about a nose that long."

Acid08

Banned
Love that official art of the P1 cast.

I'm just being through this manga right now. I quite like just reading the dialogue between all the characters. Elly still top tier.

Top Bottom