• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

kewlmyc

Maybe. I think they'd show it off in Japan before doing the same in NA.
Hence why I said "around E3". Have the news in Famistu first.

Has Altus ever had a big TGS showing? I'm expecting more magazine reveals around big gaming events than anything.

Acid08

Banned
Hey, so I'm offsite right now and don't have the wherewithall to comb through all your questions, but here's a general amount of stuff you can mull over:

1) We're trying to avoid region-locking on P4AU
2) For all the releases (except PQ), we're trying to be relatively close to Japan's release. Not Dragon's Crown close, but close.
3) No rumblings about anything on PS4 yet, that shit just launched in Japan. Keep your fingers crossed for solid sales.
4) SO HYPE FOR DANCING ALL NIGHT.

^Atlus PR guy in the announcement thread.

Hey, so I'm offsite right now and don't have the wherewithall to comb through all your questions, but here's a general amount of stuff you can mull over:

1) We're trying to avoid region-locking on P4AU
2) For all the releases (except PQ), we're trying to be relatively close to Japan's release. Not Dragon's Crown close, but close.
3) No rumblings about anything on PS4 yet, that shit just launched in Japan. Keep your fingers crossed for solid sales.
4) SO HYPE FOR DANCING ALL NIGHT.

^Atlus PR guy in the announcement thread.

1) Really happy to hear that they're at least attempting to deal with the region-locking issue.
2) Well Dragon's Crown came out in NA like a week after JP, so it's not going to be like that. But they do seem to be aiming for sooner rather than later, so maybe like SMTIV?
3) PS4 (or Vita) version of P5 will come later. Enough port begging.
4) WOOOOOOO

Squire

Banned
Like I said before, they've every reason to repeat the SMTIV wait with P5. It doesn't benefit them in any way to drag that out.

Acid08

Banned
Like I said before, they've every reason to repeat the SMTIV wait with P5. It doesn't benefit them in any way to drag that out.
I wonder why they're going to be waiting a bit on PQ. Maybe increase hype by releasing that and P4AU around the same time?

Yeah but:

Five months for P4, and no, it doesn't. Atlus' localization turnarounds have long since gotten quicker, as SMT IV's localization took two months.

I have to caution people against extrapolating trends from a single data point.

Pretty sure Doge is gonna be a full time party member in FeMC route for me.

Doge is pretty good (he specializes in Agi and Mudo skills, but doesn't have a very high damage output); just make sure you keep him on the defensive whenever you're up against an enemy which can use Hama skills. Getting insta-killed while giving the opponent an extra turn is never fun.

What are your prospective parties for both playthroughs?

CorvoSol

Doge is pretty good (he specializes in Agi and Mudo skills, but doesn't have a very high damage output); just make sure you keep him on the defensive whenever you're up against an enemy which can use Hama skills. Getting insta-killed while giving the opponent an extra turn is never fun.

What are your prospective parties for both playthroughs?

Right now, since I'm playing Makoto as "I wanna be the Alpha Male, like No One Ever Was" his party will probably be Yukari, Aigis and Mitsuru. I dunno Aigis' elemental affinity, but I figure between Yukari and Mitsuru he'll never want for HP.

Clara, who I'm thinking of referring to as Famke from now on (as a clever pun on FeMC), will probably have Doge, Junpei and Akihiko. It'll be redundant having two fire users, but whatevs.

arue

YEESSSSSSSS best news I've heard all day!!! I was expecting P5 to be in 2015, but I hope it's spring 2015. I really can't wait for PQ and P5!

It's was such a coincidence that you guys were talking about localizations last night and it really happened the next day.

Also, my dream for a clean version of Carousel finally came true.

Right now, since I'm playing Makoto as "I wanna be the Alpha Male, like No One Ever Was" his party will probably be Yukari, Aigis and Mitsuru. I dunno Aigis' elemental affinity, but I figure between Yukari and Mitsuru he'll never want for HP.

Clara, who I'm thinking of referring to as Famke from now on (as a clever pun on FeMC), will probably have Doge, Junpei and Akihiko. It'll be redundant having two fire users, but whatevs.

Aigis is non-elemental, but she learns some pretty devestating skills after her Persona evolves later in the game.

Don't worry about the Dogepei overlap either; Junpei only learns single-target Agi skills and does not have access to Fire Boost/Amp like Doge does, meaning you'll likely only be using his non-physical skills to knock Shadows down or finish off weak foes. Junpei's pretty much the best physical attacker in the game once his Persona evolves, so it's not really a big deal at all.

I must question why you're not using Shinji in either of your parties, though. He does crazy damage with Power Charge and God Hand.

Yep late to this party but still all excited now, so let raise our drinks and celebrate this occasion

zoolanderteddie.gif

Though in all seriousness, I'm happy and excited for all of this, and are ready to play these games when they come out.

CorvoSol

Aigis is non-elemental, but she learns some pretty devestating skills after her Persona evolves later in the game.

Don't worry about the Dogepei overlap either; Junpei only learns single-target Agi skills and does not have access to Fire Boost/Amp like Doge does, meaning you'll likely only be using his non-physical skills to knock Shadows down or finish off weak foes. Junpei's pretty much the best physical attacker in the game once his Persona evolves, so it's not really a big deal at all.

I must question why you're not using Shinji in either of your parties, though. He does crazy damage with Power Charge and God Hand.

Cuz I have never played P3 before, so I'm making my decisions based on nongameplay elements.

Feel bad for anyone in Europe.

2017 is gonna be a great year for Europe, though.

Tamanon

Banned
At the end of that P4A2 trailer....P4 spoilers, obv
Adachi being so prominent is new, right? I guess he might be playable after all!

Squire

Banned
Yeah but:

Sure, nothing is a given, but I don't think anyone would argue they don't have every incentive to try.

I don't think they're going to rush it, but I think if they can get P5 out in the first quarter of 2015, they will.

And TGS is waaaaay to late for a first showing if it's gonna be out in Japan this year.

Feel bad for anyone in Europe.

Worse than dead...

Region-locked.

Levito

Banned
Gotta ask that guy how someone successfully gets Pizza Roll stains out of a Megadeth t-shirt after it hasn't been washed for a week.

Top Bottom