• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

There's nothing wrong with liking SMT and not liking Persona (or vice versa) or wishing SMT could get more love and money. It's just this silly us vs. them mentality that shows up and needs to go away.

We do need Kaneko back though. Seriously.

There's nothing wrong with liking SMT and not liking Persona (or vice versa) or wishing SMT could get more love and money. It's just this silly us vs. them mentality that shows up and needs to go away.

We do need Kaneko back though. Seriously.

Well get him back after he's done frolicking though the field of flowers with Jack Frost
tumblr_mb8szun8nV1rhyxudo1_500.jpg

and being ATLUS's official Decarabia plushie tester
2548870-6928493937-tumbl.jpg

Gotta ask that guy how someone successfully gets Pizza Roll stains out of a Megadeth t-shirt after it hasn't been washed for a week.

Hahaha, oh Schreier, you do ask for this stuff at times.

His look has kind of downgraded from yakuza to crazy grandpa.

I wonder if Index running off Atlus' board of directors in 2010 forced Kaneko, Meguro, and others into more managerial roles for a bit. I mean, it could be the case.

Setsu00

I've read more than a few smut mangas that take place in art college. Seems to be a popular setting.

No wonder everyone wants it in college. Perverts.

As someone aspiring to go to an art college (who needs law anyway?), I would approve off an art college setting, but I'm totally fine with the current high school setting.

Dantis

Just stopping by to point out that Tuesday delivers and Arena taking priority over Dancing All Night is understandable but completely infuriating.

Time to leave again before someone ruins some more DanganRonpa for me, ho hum.

Necrovex

Just stopping by to point out that Tuesday delivers and Arena taking priority over Dancing All Night is understandable but completely infuriating.

You see a sneak peek of Persona 5 in DanganRonpa. :-O

Soriku

Nanako is Monokuma.

Zing.

fertygo

How come you could think it that way?
P4D not even have release date yet, and P4A2 are among the earliest one.

Soriku

How come you could think it that way?
P4D not even have release date yet, and P4A2 are among the earliest one.

Yeah P4D is Fall in Japan but P4A2 is Summer. It makes sense they'd release P4A2 first. But also, even though the Persona games all release this year in Japan, you can't expect them to have them all localized at the same time either.

PQ and P4A2 are what are coming out first in Japan and it's the same deal over here. I bet P4D releases before P5 over here too, though I hope the gap between the two games isn't big.

Levito

Banned
He has a point, I mean, where on Earth is Kaneko? There was a sort of dark, grim, lovecraftian element to his work. It always gave me an art feeling, much like that seen on the album covers of some of my favorite Nu-Metal bands. Belphegor, Sarasvati, Scylla--these are the reasons we SMT, not because we want to date Chinese cartoon girls. Our thing, our demons, they've been taken away from us... It's an insult to the highest degree. Atlus is literally separating my soul from my body with these casual games. It would appear that Nyarlathotep's greatest trick a was to convince us that demons where in SMT, when in reality, the real demons were Atlus.

It's just so disheartening that the powerful Shin Megami Tensei franchise has been reduced to... Dancing. It's too much for for me sometimes, as I caress that my print out of SMT IF's fan translation that I got from Xerox... I just can't anymore. Why....

NichM

Banned

Please keep in mind that there are four studios behind the development of these four games (Hashino's team, the Etrian team, Arc, and Dingo) but only the same four or five people who localize every SMT game to handle them all. Development can be concurrent, but localization really can't be. Thanks.

FluxWaveZ

Please keep in mind that there are four studios behind the development of these four games (Hashino's team, the Etrian team, Arc, and Dingo) but only the same four or five people who localize every SMT game to handle them all. Development can be concurrent, but localization really can't be. Thanks.

Logical and reasonable. Who would have thought?

Levito

Banned

Now that is a classy drive by post.

Lunar15

The VA's are going to be doin' work for all these games. Heck, moreso if some of the same ones will be used for P5.

Dantis

Like I say, it's understandable. An extension of Arena was never going to sell much as it is, and the only real viable time to release it is as close to the Japanese release as possible.

On the other hand, personally, that doesn't bother me. As a fan of some things and not others, all I'm seeing is the 'not others' coming first and the 'some things' coming later.

It obviously doesn't matter to me if Atlus sells one copy of Ultimax or 500k. All that interests me is playing the other games.

Levito

Banned
No seriously, we need to take a day full of awesome announcements and try and spin it into another petty debate about Arena.

Gazoinks

The only important debate about Arena is WHAT HAPPENED TO ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD!?

The salt flows.
:p

Worst crime of this announcement. I really am hyped for PQ though, looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm mainly in it for the character mashups, but since it's by the EO team it'll probably be mechanically rock solid too.

Gazoinks

Other burning question:

Will I be able to draw maps in PQ?

Probably not. My guess is that they're probably trying to make it more accessible than EO, so it'll probably be easier and without the map mechanics. I'm actually glad that so far it doesn't look as much like EO with a Persona skin as I initially expected it to.

EDIT:
You will, it was featured in one of the recent trailers.

I am wrong apparently! Awesome! I like the map-making.

Acid08

Banned
Which of these games do you guys think will have full on special editions like Golden or Catherine? I think all of them, except Ultimax, will at least have a first run soundtrack pack in. But P5 seems like the most likely for a full on LE.

Top Bottom