• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

Just stopping by to point out that Tuesday delivers and Arena taking priority over Dancing All Night is understandable but completely infuriating.

Time to leave again before someone ruins some more DanganRonpa for me, ho hum.

Please keep in mind that there are four studios behind the development of these four games (Hashino's team, the Etrian team, Arc, and Dingo) but only the same four or five people who localize every SMT game to handle them all. Development can be concurrent, but localization really can't be. Thanks.

Goddamn, Nich. XD

I always miss the funny stuff when I'm in town.

I know I should find this blasphemous, but man is this funny.

Also, Freaky Friday(even if it's Monday): Persona Edition

tumblr_mmpnywF1ie1qe6ix6o1_500.png

Wait, there's moral ambiguity in SMT4? I don't remember that. Moral ambiguity requires more nuance than "This side is fucking awful, that side is fucking awful, and from a gameplay perspective the neutral side is also fucking awful."

Of course there's moral ambiguity in SMTIV! Not everything is black and white--

okay maybe a little bit.

CorvoSol

LOL

so true

So, Flynn, your choices are to join Chaos which stands for freedo-
"MIGHT MAKES RIGHT STRENGTH IS VIRTUE KILL YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND DO IT DO IT FASCIST OVERTONES ARE SEXY"

Okay, so maybe you should go Law, which is all about peace and-
"IT IS TOTALLY OKAY TO LET THESE PEOPLE BURN BECAUSE THEN WE GET CUSH HOUSES AND ALSO DID YOU KNOW I AM A SECRET RACIST?"

FINE. GO NEUTRAL. You get to take pictures with a sexy photographer and you get a girlfriend who is a manga nerd BUT IF YOU DON'T BE A POKEMON MASTER YOU AIN'T GONNA SEE THE END OF THIS GAME, SON.

And did we mention that Law or Chaos,
people are still going to literally drink the juice from people's skulls? Have fun with that.

Like, I guess if I were a high schooler I'd have found SMT4 deep, but mostly I enjoyed running around Zombie Apocalypse
Tokyo
with my nerdy girlfriend and my photographer girlfriend.

Gazoinks

"MIGHT MAKES RIGHT STRENGTH IS VIRTUE KILL YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND DO IT DO IT FASCIST OVERTONES ARE SEXY"

"IT IS TOTALLY OKAY TO LET THESE PEOPLE BURN BECAUSE THEN WE GET CUSH HOUSES AND ALSO DID YOU KNOW I AM A SECRET RACIST?"

FINE. GO NEUTRAL. You get to take pictures with a sexy photographer and you get a girlfriend who is a manga nerd BUT IF YOU DON'T BE A POKEMON MASTER YOU AIN'T GONNA SEE THE END OF THIS GAME, SON.

people are still going to literally drink the juice from people's skulls? Have fun with that.

Like, I guess if I were a high schooler I'd have found SMT4 deep, but mostly I enjoyed running around Zombie Apocalypse
Tokyo

I'm still sad I missed getting Neutral when I played that game.

PK Gaming

Tokyo
Yeah

SMTIV was at it's best when you were running through
Tokyo
doing whatever hell you wanted. The main quests were low key, and the sidequests were loads of fun. Didn't really like battle between Chaos VS Law, though
the Akira arc was fucking awesome.

Also, it's a goddamn shame that Nozomi lacks a facial portrait. An injustice of astronomical proportions.

Squire

Banned
It's pretty awesome and ballsy that they're putting Ultimax out on 360. I'm not gonna get the game there again as my 360 is down, I have a controller converter now, and I want to play with you guys. But if it was my only option? I'd be thrilled. I'd completely written that off. Commendable.

CorvoSol

I'm still sad I missed getting Neutral when I played that game.

Here is how Neutral plays out:

Hey dumbass you didn't pick Law or Chaos? WHY. WHAT IS YOUR DEAL. WE WORKED HARD ON THAT SHIT. FINE. Why don't you DESTROY THE UNIVERSE THEN?

>No
>FUCK NO

GAAAAAAAH. You really think you can beat us? We are going to show you how shit the cosmos is, man! And how are we going to do that? BY FORCING YOU TO DO SIDE QUESTS.

*10 hours and lots of wondering why Laura Bailey's Peter Parker character doesn't get her own personal portrait when that woman who showed up twice in the plot did*

Oh, you're the best around, huh? NOPE. GO KILL YOUR SO CALLED FRIENDS, THEN WE'LL TALK. Oh, congrats, you did that. HERE IS THE ENDING.

*It's Fucking Nothing*

Maybe it was because it was my first SMT, but I was expecting something more conclusive than what I got.

Of course there's moral ambiguity in SMTIV! Not everything is black and white--

okay maybe a little bit.

It's more like everything is black and black because both Jonathon and Walter suck balls.

Sophia

Charting down the lyrics to Persona Q's main theme, as the English trailer provides us with a clean version. Here is what I have so far.

Ain't it great how we met each other?
On this wild, unprecedented carousel of life
Ain't it cool how it changed the paths of our lives?
Setting off a new adventure!

This carousel takes us 'round and 'round
The labyrinth of life; you can't tell up from down
Having so much fun
We forget to check where this crossroad taking us
(But hey, here we come!)
This carousel spins us 'round so much
Sometimes you don't know; should you stay on or get off?
It's only just begun
Welcome to this wild maze of life!

Sadly, Yumi Kawamura still butchers some of her English, so the few lines are difficult to make out.

IcyStorm

Charting down the lyrics to Persona Q's main theme, as the English trailer provides us with a clean version. Here is what I have so far.

Sadly, Yumi Kawamura still butchers some of her English, so the few lines are difficult to make out.

Here's what I think?

First line:
And it's great how we make each other

Third line:
??? change our past selves, our lives

Towards the end:
Sometimes you don't know choose
You stay or all get off

Sophia

Here's what I think?

First line:
And it's great how we make each other

Third line:
??? change our past selves, our lives

Towards the end:
Sometimes you don't know choose
You stay or all get off

First line sounds almost right, and the third line begins with "Aint it cool how...", but I'm not hearing those two towards the end.

I heard that one of the seven wonders of Yasogami High is that whoever tries to decipher Persona lyrics will die.

Good thing I'm an immortal psychic wizard robot from the future then.

IcyStorm

First line sounds almost right, and the third line begins with "Aint it cool how...", but I'm not hearing those two towards the end.

I don't think she pronounces "choose" correctly; it's only an assumption because of what I think is the following line.

Sophia

Well, I think we has full lyrics. Or as full as we'll get for the short version of the song. Thanks Insane/bruce/Icy/whoever else who helped but I forgot to name.

I think we figured out the plot of Persona 6 in the IRC.
17:31 Omi Persona 6 is gonna be like a game about 20 somethings who all play the previous entries in the series
17:31 Omi and chat about it online

So is this about PersonaGAF and their marvelous misadventures through the internet dimension.

Acid08

Banned
i82Ukg3GWxXx7.jpg

Managed to make some awful graffiti in Jet Set Radio! Used that Chie kimono art and put "Persona" over it in some terrible font. That graffiti editor sure is something :lol

Sophia

So with the announcement that Ultimax will have a 360 version in the west, what are the chances of a 360 version of Persona 5 being released in the west?

Negative Infinity. Ultimax probably isn't difficult to port over to the 360 at all considering the original game was on there....

Squire

Banned
So with the announcement that Ultimax will have a 360 version in the west, what are the chances of a 360 version of Persona 5 being released in the west?

Not happening. Ultimax on 360 is almost certainly a formality of a sort.

I'm more perplexed he thought P4D was possible anytime soon when it's still early in development. P4U2 is pretty much done.

IIRC, Hashino said that game is actually basically done, they're just adding songs. Which is cool. They say there's like 30.

Now PersonaGaf who do you think is a better singer for Persona Yumi Kawamura or Shihoko Hirata, me personally I like Yumi better just because of Memories of you and More than one Heart in persona 3 movie

pan-hime

Now PersonaGaf who do you think is a better singer for Persona Yumi Kawamura or Shihoko Hirata, me personally I like Yumi better just because of Memories of you and More than one Heart in persona 3 movie

Lotus Juice

Edit:
John Hardin said:
One of the game’s producers basically had to live in Burbank for a month to do all the VO work. There’s a TON of new story stuff.

John Hardin said:
No details about EU yet. We don’t have anything set up with Sega or any other EU distributor. But when we do get something set up, we’ll make it known!) And yeah, hopefully within that timeframe.

(inb4 calling bullsh!7 b/c of SMTIV)
from here

FluxWaveZ

This page was totally the genesis for all of today's localization announcements. Or TheTrueSelf used his suspicious URL observing powers to force the announcements mere minutes after he posted them. One or both.

Wonder if this week'll have Persona news every day, almost like last week.

All I've learned is that whatever prediction I make concerning Persona dates comes out twisted and wrong.

Edit:

John Hardin said:
One of the game’s producers basically had to live in Burbank for a month to do all the VO work. There’s a TON of new story stuff.

from here

Hashino also mentioned how P4AU has a ton of story stuff, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Top Bottom