• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

This page was totally the genesis for all of today's localization announcements. Or TheTrueSelf used his suspicious URL observing powers to force the announcements mere minutes after he posted them. One or both.

I only wish I had that kind of power-- but seriously I couldn't be happier with how today turned out! :D

Also, that quote from John Hardin about Ultimax's producer taking a month to record VO makes it sound like that game is indeed done where voice acting is concerned. If that's true, then Amanda's recent posts are probably referring to PQ. And unless Kanji got re-cast, Troy Baker's a filthy liar. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Neat. Can't wait.

....Does this mean there will be a Dantis podcast?!

A Dantis podcast would just consist of him calling everyone a sausage for an hour and a half.

Then the other half-hour would consist of his inspiration for Catsuit Naoto.

Caladrius

A Dantis podcast would just consist of him calling everyone a sausage for an hour and a half.

Then the other half-hour would consist of his inspiration for Catsuit Naoto.

shut-up-and-take-my-money_fb_391729.jpg

I am the worst.

cj_iwakura

I'm honestly not sure that we can carry an entire podcast on Dantis alone. That's why I propose adding Smed to that podcast as well and having a waifu-off between the two.

"We've strapped Dantis to a chair, and will now proceed to perform a live reading of Lucky Star."

Lemstar

Probably because of the 360 FGC, not wanting to leave them in the cold for tournaments.
I didn't know there were anime players who played seriously on 360.

If you mean Evo switching to 360s, they have enough PS3s to run BBCP anyway - they're not platform-exclusive.

FluxWaveZ

I think that's a list of places to for reserving the game online, since I know a couple of the retailers there are major online ones like Amazon Japan and the last one on the list Rakuten.

Yeah, that's what it seemed like. Atlus USA usually puts out those kinds of buying guides as well for their upcoming releases.

pariah164

That's actually not that wild of an opinion.

LttP tho.

The Oracle games are great.

LttP is great, don't get me wrong; I just haven't played it ages, and I picked up the Oracle games off the eShop. They were my first GBC games too, so there's nostalgia there.

It's funny since before now, every time I voice that, I get at least ONE person going 'ermahgerd those sucked go play Ocarina of Time." And then get called the Antichrist when I say I did and didn't like it that much.

Back on topic... Yeah, I'm just glad both my Vita and 3DS are getting some Persona love. They need it. Especially my 3DS.

Hey hey---so Pepsiman is coming on the 'cast this Saturday!

Interviewing fans about their projects is gonna be a regular thing this year, love to hear people talk about their passions.

PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Should be an interesting episode, I've always been curious on stuff like this, and the posts made ITT about translations and stuff were good reads imo.
The Oracle games are great.
I've only played Seasons but I really like it. I need to get Ages off eshop at some point.

CorvoSol

I love Wind Waker. It's hard not to with that amazing ending of its and all. I'm also a sucker for Skyward Sword, cuz that Zelda is a heart breaker.

Lunar15

I love Wind Waker. It's hard not to with that amazing ending of its and all. I'm also a sucker for Skyward Sword, cuz that Zelda is a heart breaker.

I will cherish you because people who like SS are rare.

Also, this is probably the last place I expected to find Zelda discussion. Let's talk about how I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THERE'S NO ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD.

Also Also: Everyone calling it P4:DAN is going to get weird since that's my name.

Squire

Banned

Also, this is probably the last place I expected to find Zelda discussion. Let's talk about how I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THERE'S NO ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD.

Also Also: Everyone calling it P4:DAN is going to get weird since that's my name.

Oh wow, same for Dantis.

Acid08

Banned
LttP is great, don't get me wrong; I just haven't played it ages, and I picked up the Oracle games off the eShop. They were my first GBC games too, so there's nostalgia there.

It's funny since before now, every time I voice that, I get at least ONE person going 'ermahgerd those sucked go play Ocarina of Time." And then get called the Antichrist when I say I did and didn't like it that much.

Back on topic... Yeah, I'm just glad both my Vita and 3DS are getting some Persona love. They need it. Especially my 3DS.
A lot of people I know who like OoT the most haven't played any of the other games. Especially the 2D games.

Your name is P4:DAN? :O

koutoru

Looking back, I'm relatively surprised they kept it a PS3 exclusive.
Especially with Cathrine and P4A having Xbox ports and now the 3DS getting its own Persona game.

I wonder if there's going to be a Persona 6 in PS3 or if they would just move to PS4.

wmlk

Skyward Sword Zelda is as endearing as they come during the first few hours of the game.

Also, I've been listening to the ATLUSxP5 fan soundtrack on YouTube, and these guys are really good. Even if barely any of it is original content. A really nice effort in terms of art and everything.

The P5 logo that they have is pretty similar to what the actual P5 logo is.

FluxWaveZ

Looking back, I'm relatively surprised they kept it a PS3 exclusive.
Especially with Cathrine and P4A having Xbox ports and now the 3DS getting its own Persona game.

I wonder if there's going to be a Persona 6 in PS3 or if they would just move to PS4.

I'm not surprised. Catherine was a new IP and P Studio's (never mind Atlus') first foray into the HD consoles with an engine that can presumably be relatively easily used between the consoles (i.e. Gamebryo).

Persona 4 Arena was a collaborative development game and also a competitive fighting game, which naturally benefits from being a multiplatform release. What I am surprised by is that P4AU is a 360 game at all given the fact that ASW's basically abandoned the platform.

Now, Persona 5 is a new mainline entry in the Persona series. NONE of the mainline entries have been on anything but PlayStation platforms, ever. That combined with the fact that they created their own engine, it would probably take more work to adapt it for a multiplatform release than to just optimize it for the PS3. Plus, the JRPG audience is on the PS3, not the 360.

Persona Q isn't really comparable for a multitude of reasons. For one, it's a Persona and Etrian Odyssey mix, the latter of which is a DS/3DS franchise.

Hard to envision for Persona 6, but I'd expect it to be released for both the PS3 and the PS4. They'll probably be reusing Persona 5's engine for a Persona 6 (and possibly any other Megaten HD console games they'll be developing for years to come).

Rhapsody

Banned

That short reunion scene midway through SS. Too good.

Both WW and SS were games I liked that I wish had more dev time.

Squire

Banned
I'm not surprised. Catherine was a new IP and P Studio's (never mind Atlus') first foray into the HD consoles with an engine that can presumably be relatively easily used between the consoles (i.e. Gamebryo).

Persona 4 Arena was a collaborative development game and also a competitive fighting game, which naturally benefits from being a multiplatform release. What I am surprised by is that P4AU is a 360 game at all given the fact that ASW's basically abandoned the platform.

Now, Persona 5 is a new mainline entry in the Persona series. NONE of the mainline entries have been on anything but PlayStation platforms, ever. That combined with the fact that they created their own engine, it would probably take more work to adapt it for a multiplatform release than to just optimize it for the PS3. Plus, the JRPG audience is on the PS3, not the 360.

Persona Q isn't really comparable for a multitude of reasons. For one, it's a Persona and Etrian Odyssey mix, the latter of which is a DS/3DS franchise.

Hard to envision for Persona 6, but I'd expect it to be released for both the PS3 and the PS4. They'll probably be reusing Persona 5's engine for a Persona 6 (and possibly any other Megaten HD console games they'll be developing for years to come).

Yeah, the bolded is the kicker for me as far as P4A2 is concerned.

About the engine though, if we assume Index really did license PhyreEngine for P-Stufio's use, it should be noted that that engine runs on everything including the 360.

Of course they almost certainly pulled it apart and rebuilt it from the ground up with their own stuff thrown in. But we have no way of proving they used it anyway.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Technically you might be still be able to deduce it somewhat once a retail copy is out and someone goes digging around on the Blu-Ray to check out file formats and whatnot, but like you said, it's probably a toss-up if so much of the technology is proprietary that the innards for the engine are basically unrecognizable as being originally PhyreEngine at this point. As somebody who likes digging around game files for deleted content and whatnot, I'll probably take a look eventually after it's out since Persona 3 and 4 are surprisingly easy to open up if you know how to poke and prod at them in just the right way and they had a lot of neat stuff tucked away from the actual game content.

TWILT

Banned
If you don't think Seasons is better than Ages you are wrong.

Just like P3 is better than P4
I still have them both on my 3DS...should get around to them sometime.

Also, Majora's Mask is the best. That, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening, and A Link Between Worlds are prolly my top 5.

koutoru

Technically you might be still be able to deduce it somewhat once a retail copy is out and someone goes digging around on the Blu-Ray to check out file formats and whatnot, but like you said, it's probably a toss-up if so much of the technology is proprietary that the innards for the engine are basically unrecognizable as being originally PhyreEngine at this point. As somebody who likes digging around game files for deleted content and whatnot, I'll probably take a look eventually after it's out since Persona 3 and 4 are surprisingly easy to open up if you know how to poke and prod at them in just the right way and they had a lot of neat stuff tucked away from the actual game content.
I'm not sure about P3 or P4 but I know a lot of ps2 games liked to use .cpk packages which are pretty easy to understand theses days.

With PS3 games, if it uses a propitiatory engine like Tales of Xillia was you'll have to create a custom batch file to open the game package files.
If you're using a common engine like Unreal Engine (like Drakengard 3 is) it's pretty darn easy to poke around the files with the right tools.

For P5, we can probably assume this will happen in a relatively short amount of time since this game is on the short list to be undubbed anyway.

Top Bottom