• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

These worldwide estimates? Or just Japan only?

I say that because I agree that Ultimax will sell around 100-150k in it's first week of sales, but P4D? nah, Project DIVA f managed to only sell about 150k in it's first week, and I would easily argue that Hatsune Miku is a bigger name than Persona.

Obviously these don't include digital sales, so who knows.

I didn't mean in its first week. Ultimax will get nowhere near 150k in week 1. I bet P4D does about 100 - 125k.

Arena 1 did about 135k across two platforms in its first week. Ultimax is no way going to sell as well as the first game because it's a re-release.

Yeah, that's the one I've been checking. They list at the end of the trailer.

Well, they're definitely not Europe!

EU sales predictions: 100 copies.

Ah, I haven't watched any of the trailers yet.

Well, they're definitely not Europe!

Ouch, right in the gut. ;_;

I didn't mean in its first week. Ultimax will get nowhere near 150k in week 1. I bet P4D does about 100 - 125k.

Arena 1 did about 135k across two platforms in its first week. Ultimax is no way going to sell as well as the first game because it's a re-release.

I think Ultimax will get a rather large amount of import sales this time round, assuming it wont be region locked (again). As much as I want P4D to do well, I just have a real hard time believing that it will. Though Persona is the hip-cool thing for kids to be into these days so it'll probably sell quite well when it hits western shores.

Dantis

I'm actually gonna say 300k for P4DAN. I don't think that's too crazy. Just talking JP sales here.

Dantis' completely infallible sales predictions (Lifetime and worldwide):

Ultimax: 150k

Persona Q: 350k

Dancing All Night: 250k

Persona 5: 1 million+

Sophia

I'm actually gonna say 300k for P4DAN. I don't think that's too crazy. Just talking JP sales here.

Seeing as it's hardly getting any hype, I doubt we can call sales numbers for it soon. Need to see the kind of hype it has before release.

They've been suspiciously quiet about Persona 4 Arena Ultimax too. Not a word on the console version features or story yet.

Seeing as it's hardly getting any hype, I doubt we can call sales numbers for it soon. Need to see the kind of hype it has before release.

They've been suspiciously quiet about Persona 4 Arena Ultimax too. Not a word on the console version features or story yet.

They're saving it all for the inevitable E3 conference.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Could any of you confirm for me whether or not this Shin Megami Tensei documentary footage was ever subtitled by anyone? It's pretty old, dating back to the release of Nocturne, and there's more beyond that initial link, but one of my followers asked me about if I was willing to do it on Tumblr. I'm not against doing so obviously, quite the opposite, but I was under the impression somebody would have done something by now. If that's not the case, I'll definitely throw it on the backburner and chip away at it when I can!

cj_iwakura

Could any of you confirm for me whether or not this Shin Megami Tensei documentary footage was ever subtitled by anyone? It's pretty old, dating back to the release of Nocturne, and there's more beyond that initial link, but one of my followers asked me about if I was willing to do it on Tumblr. I'm not against doing so obviously, quite the opposite, but I was under the impression somebody would have done something by now. If that's not the case, I'll definitely throw it on the backburner and chip away at it when I can!

It's a classic link and it's been posted on the Atlus MB before, but I'm pretty sure it was never subbed.

Daimaou

I'm not aware of a subbed version, for all that's worth.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Thanks guys. I've been in touch with the guy who uploaded the DVD rips and it seems like nobody's worked on it to his knowledge either, so I guess I'll give it a shot and tackle it myself~

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, the only thing of (relatively small) note we've got in a while is, from the PS Blog:

A brand new story mode that continues the plot of the original, new fighting modes[...]

Which, uh, isn't much of anything since it's something one would expect. It's curious since the game's presumably launching in July, only a month after Persona Q.

Then again, this time two years ago, not much of anything concerning P4A's console version was being revealed, either, especially since the game wasn't in arcades yet. The console version was announced for localization that month (kinda like this time) and Labrys was revealed, but that's it.

March is when some stuff started happening, but not much either. There were some interesting, but general, details about the game's console release, Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys were revealed for the arcade release and ASW talked about how Dojima and Nanako were considered for the roster.

April is when we started seeing some console version story footage and screenshots as well as limited edition release details for Japan. Basically, it's not too strange that we haven't seen much of P4AU given the previous game's trends. I'd expect something interesting in March (which, naturally, since I made that prediction, something interesting will now be revealed this Friday on the Persona talk show).

Any guesses as to why the Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax official NA websites aren't up yet? I think it's because the Japanese versions of the Persona 4 Dancing and Persona 5 websites are not going to transform anytime soon, while the PQ website was officially opened already and it might be an indication that the P4A2 one is going to open up soon, as well.

TheTrueSelf had determined that http://atlus.com/persona4a2/ gave a 403 forbidden code before, but now it sends back a 404 error, which is somewhat curious since http://atlus.com/personaq/ is still a 403 error.

There's also the http://atlus.com/pd/ URL he had found that still gives sends back a 403.

For the http://atlus.com/persona4a2/ it looks like they've changed it to http://atlus.com/p4a2/

I think you're probably right, Flux. The P4D and P5 sites are likely to remain static as they are for quite some time, as those are the last two games to be released in both territories (and then in Europe many years later ;_;). I'm guessing that the PQ and Ultimax sites are being worked on regularly, and that they'll unveil them at a specific time; what I'm wondering is, will Atlus USA wait until the Japanese PQ site finishes all its updates before launching the NA site, or will they try to time sync their updates from a certain point going forward? Ultimax is much harder to say, since the JP version of the site has been more or less static since November as well...

Also, about the Ultimax site: originally, my guess was based on atlus.com/persona4a2 sending back a 403. As Dave pointed out, that site now gives a 404, and atlus.com/p4a2 gives a 403. But, if you watch the NA Ultimax trailer again, the site advertised at the end is actually atlus.com/p4au (which makes sense, given the game's NA title), and that site is giving a 404 error. I have no idea what Atlus USA is doing with Ultimax's site, but right now at least it looks like something is sitting on /p4a2...

Completely unrelated, but I think it bears mentioning again that Mamba's recent Shadow characters have been just incredible. Bravo, sir! :)

Lunar15

AtlusUSA can remedy their grave offense against humanity by naming the Special Edition of P4A:U the "Ultra Suplex Hold Edition"

FluxWaveZ

I really don't see Ultimax doing worse than DAN. What were the sales for P4A?

P4A sold around 125k copies during its first week in Japan (making it one of the fastest selling fighting games). As of late August 2012, it had sold around 180k copies in Japan. Doesn't seem to be any accurate worldwide sales after that.

P4AU will probably perform better than P4D, especially since P4D is a Vita exclusive. Around 100k copies for the first week of P4AU in Japan sounds about right.

kewlmyc

195k, I could see DAN doing better. Ultimax probably isn't going to touch that number.

The sequel to a successful fighting game on a system that has sold 100+ million isn't going to touch the numbers of a spinoff dancing title on the Vita? I see P4DAN doing good, but not doing P4G or Miku numbers. 120k copies maybe?

Dantis

The sequel to a successful fighting game on a system that has sold 100+ million isn't going to touch the numbers of a spinoff dancing title on the Vita? I see P4DAN doing good, but not doing P4G or Miku numbers. 120k copies maybe?

Worldwide and lifetime?

No chance, mate.

250k. Calling it.

Lunar15

No offense guys, but preemptive sales discussions are stupid.

We should spend more time talking about more civilized topics, such as whether or not Persona Q is going to have a bath house scene.

kewlmyc

Worldwide and lifetime?

No chance, mate.

Could say the same about Ultimax.

We should spend more time talking about more civilized topics, such as whether or not Persona Q is going to have a bath house scene.
A chibi fanservice scene. Sure why the hell not. Once you hit rock bottom, you can only go up.

Dantis

Only stupid if you take them seriously. If you take them as a bit of fun, then I think that's what they are.

Arbitrary predictions are good, I think. Especially when they end up being right.

And if that happens I will be sick on my 3DS.

Top Bottom