• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

FluxWaveZ

That's where I got it from, though I can't remember where in the SMT X FE board i got i from, though I do remember that part. Though I would take what I just said with a grain of salt and treat it as just a rumor, because I think no one knows what is going on with that project. For all we know it could still be in early pre-production or early development of the game, and plus that trailer must of been from a very early point of the development. So it's pretty much up in the air as to what's going on with SMT X FE.

Wow, on the dot. I can't believe you would take a "rumor" from GameFAQs seriously.

kewlmyc

What if P5 is a big callback to Nocturne, and this time they have Dino from DmC featured on the cover art?

I'll track you down and punch you for talking such a scenario into existence.

However, one neat thing I wouldn't mind from P5 is if it takes the whole Law vs. Order thing from SMT into the mix.

Wow, on the dot. I can't believe you would take a "rumor" from GameFAQs seriously.

I don't take it that seriously, but yeah something is going on within that project, because it's quite odd that that they teased it and nothing more has come out about the game. Something is going on for sure, but what I don't know.

Soriku

I don't take it that seriously, but yeah something is going on within that project, because it's quite odd that that they teased it and nothing more has come out about the game. Something is going on for sure, but what I don't know.

It was probably very early in development when it was announced and the Index bankruptcy/acquisition probably sidetracked things a bit. I don't think we can conclude anything about the game just yet, and Nintendo tends to wait a while to reveal meaningful footage on games. Plus on the Atlus side of things, FFS, we have no idea what P5 even looks like yet :/

arue

O18NZIX.jpg

I know this is a bit late, but I noticed from the PQ screenshots that there is no option to select/deselect Makoto from the team (assuming this is from P3's side).

So do we get to create a party with no leader just like Teddie's harem or was Teddie just joking around? Also, shouldn't there be more characters in the select screen since there should be 20 playable characters total?

Or maybe I'm just worrying too much here, since the game is not out yet.

Here are all the rest that This Person made for completions sake.

tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o7_400.png
PQShadowNaoya_zpsc95f9efb.png
tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o2_400.png

tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o6_500.png
tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o4_400.png
tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o8_400.png

tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o5_400.png
tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o9_400.png
tumblr_mxbphpuobc1qhvms4o1_400.png

tumblr_mwyoawb6NK1qhvms4o2_400.png
tumblr_mx0dbhUjZG1qhvms4o1_400.png
tumblr_mx0dbhUjZG1qhvms4o2_400.png

So good.

I'll track you down and punch you for talking such a scenario into existence.

However, one neat thing I wouldn't mind from P5 is if it takes the whole Law vs. Order thing from SMT into the mix.

I wouldn't do that, Levito is pretty buff. You can come to EVO2014 and test your might against him though :)

As for the Law vs. Order vs. Chaos vs. Neutrality - I love it but it may be a bit too lofty for the more personal issues that Persona tackles into, right? I'm expecting things like sexism, racism, class stratification, societal/parental/financial stress, relationships, etc.

kewlmyc

So good.

I wouldn't do that, Levito is pretty buff. You can come to EVO2014 and test your might against him though :)

As for the Law vs. Order vs. Chaos vs. Neutrality - I love it but it may be a bit too lofty for the more personal issues that Persona tackles into, right? I'm expecting things like sexism, racism, class stratification, societal/parental/financial stress, relationships, etc.

I plan on going to EVO as well so we'll see... I'm not really scrawny myself.
weak-guy-flexing.jpg

FluxWaveZ

O18NZIX.jpg

I know this is a bit late, but I noticed from the PQ screenshots that there is no option to select/deselect Makoto from the team (assuming this is from P3's side).

So do we get to create a party with no leader just like Teddie's harem or was Teddie just joking around? Also, shouldn't there be more characters in the select screen since there should be 20 playable characters total?

Or maybe I'm just worrying too much here, since the game is not out yet.

I assumed Teddie was kidding around the first time, yeah. I'd imagine that, depending on which side you choose, you'd have to have the leader of either SEES or the Investigation Team part of the team.

And they said 20 playable characters, so there would have to be. I thought Rise and Fuuka would have counted in their number because of the Famitsu issue page, but Pepsiman said the wording in the Dengeki article suggested that they were not part of the 20 that was mentioned, so it's either the members of the Velvet Room or something else.

I assumed Teddie was kidding around the first time, yeah. I'd imagine that, depending on which side you choose, you'd have to have the leader of either SEES or the Investigation Team part of the team.

And they said 20 playable characters, so there would have to be. I thought Rise and Fuuka would have counted in their number because of the Famitsu issue page, but Pepsiman said the wording in the Dengeki article suggested that they were not part of the 20 that was mentioned, so it's either the members of the Velvet Room or something else.

Pierced Boy, Tatsuya, Maya, FemC

Meia

Well, let's keep using the game this is based off of, Etrian Odyssey, as an example.

In EO4, you don't start with every class right off the bat. You actually unlock the abilities of more classes, as well as characters tied to these classes, in the narrative itself.

I mean, it's possible it's just the 3 Velvet Attendants + Marie, but dunno. I can assume that with 16 characters, each having their own class type(Kanji and Shinji could be the "tanks", for example, while Yukari and Yukiko the healers), so it's possible that we'll unlock at least two classes by playing the story, with each class tied to two other characters.

I mean....it's not beyond the realm of all possibility that if we're grabbing persona users from different times apparently...

Pierced Boy, Tatsuya, Maya, FemC

arue

Thanks for the clarification, guys. I guess an all-female team is impossible, so I'm keeping my team the way it is.

Apparently I forgot about Fuuka and Rise and they probably count towards the 20 characters.

FluxWaveZ

The screen has space for three more icons next to the confirmation one.

You're right, I hadn't noticed that. Then again, it could just be a coincidence with the layout since they might keep the confirmation icon away from the characters anyways. But yeah, if it's actually an indication, it's further proof that it'll be a total of 20 characters excluding Rise and Fuuka. I kind of doubt they're the Velvet Room people because:

1. That would be kinda weird from a story perspective given how powerful they're supposed to be and since they always have the role of observers and aid to the main protagonist.

2. I wouldn't see the point of keeping the fact that they'd be playable such a secret when we already know they're in the game.

3. There are four of them, so one would have to be excluded. I would think the siblings would have to stick together, so Marie would be the one to be excluded, but Marie would also seem like the most likely of them all to be a party member.

Interesting. Maybe we'll find out tomorrow since it's Persona day and a Velvet Room member might finally be added to the PQ website.

Just got to the second semester in P3FES. Disappointed by the replacement song for the school, I was looking forward to hearing the original school song again. Toriumi's introduction of
Aigis
to the class has probably my favorite line in the whole game so far.

"Tactical Humanoid Weapon...? I'm sure that's a misprint."

cj_iwakura

Continuing ATLUS' conquest of the portable consoles, the original Shin Megami Tensei is now coming to the iOS phone near you!

Start from the very beginning of the series, clock in over 40-60 hours of playtime, and get to know your demons better. But of course, you must be curious about the plot...

Step away from clear notions of good and evil, right and wrong. There are demons in the world, but whether they are ally or enemy depends on player actions. In Tokyo 199X, a mysterious murder leads to the emergence of demons and an escalating global conflict thanks to the rise of a charismatic rebel leader in possession of a demon army, and external forces that wish to crush such threats with extreme measures. As the protagonist, players have an unusual ability (via computer program) to communicate with and recruit demons to fight for them. As they collect demons, the program will allow you to store, summon, and fuse them to create the right team to negotiate the ever-changing balance of powers, and fight for the kind of world you ultimately wish to live in.

If you prefer a more visual learning experience for the original Shin Megami Tensei, check out the first trailer here:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dantis

Over 40-60 hours????? That's like 50-70 hours!!!!

They overstate these things. It's probably more like 20 hours.

They also said that Arena was 50 hours long and that the two DDS games were over 50 hours each, when they were actually closer to 20.

Dantis

I wonder if this is a brand new translation or if they're using AG's... I never wanted an iOS device until now.

And that's pretty close to accurate, took me around 35 hours.

I imagine you to play games sloooooowly though.

If it ever goes on sale, I'll buy it, and I bet you it takes me about 20 hours.

So, guys, I found this hidden page on the p-ch site by typing in random words.

Could this be for the Persona Stalker Club stream, or for some other kind of stream/video?

http://p-ch.jp/movie

I basically typed in familiar terms. There is /news for the news section, so I thought to type in /video. That pulled up a 404, so I typed /movie and there we go. A part of the site that seems to be undiscovered so far.

FluxWaveZ

Could this be for the Persona Stalker Club stream, or for some other kind of stream/video?

I basically typed in familiar terms. There is /news for the news section, so I thought to type in /video. That pulled up a 404, so I typed /movie and there we go. A part of the site that seems to be undiscovered so far.

I doubt it's for the PSC since that's supposed to be happening on Niconico, but maybe that's meant to be an archive page for it?

Either way, nice find. Seems like a lot of the interesting info we find about Persona is from general website weirdness (that's how we discovered Persona 5 was incoming, after all).

It just comes up as a blank page to me. Is that what it is to everyone?

It just comes up as a blank page to me. Is that what it is to everyone?

Yes. That typically means the page is under construction, but isn't forbidden to the public. Either they forgot to make it forbidden, or they didn't care as the page has nothing on it anyways and would be impossible to be linked to by the main site. You could only find it by typing it like I did. No parts of the site link to it. (Yet, that is)

It might actually be related considering the headline translates to "The latest information about the Persona series".

Yeah. I just wonder when the PSC will start. I see nothing for it on NicoNico and I've searched nearly everywhere on there for it. There seems to be no time for it, just February 28.

FluxWaveZ

It might actually be related considering the headline translates to "The latest information about the Persona series".

Yeah, that does make it sound like it's PSC related. Maybe it also means that it could actually give something substantial about stuff.

Yeah. I just wonder when the PSC will start. I see nothing for it on NicoNico and I've searched nearly everywhere on there for it. There seems to be no time for it, just February 28.

Yeah, I've done the same and they really haven't given a time yet. It's supposed to be going live, right? It's odd that this is a show for the fans and everything, but we don't have an actual time to tune into the live show on Niconico.

Maybe they're trying to go for the confusion factor of the November 24 reveal, since that was the direct influence for this show, heh.

Top Bottom