• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

kewlmyc

hypehypehypehype

That would imply that they can get the PS2 game running properly on their emulators and work out negotiations with Capcpom over a certain character from a certain series :p

I'm not sure if they tried Nocturne but I could have sworn I heard some of the other PS2 Megaten's didn't run properly

What about Nocturne on PSN

Yeah, Dante kinda fucks things over in the long run. Also there's some shadow problems when you emulate it.

I wonder if a Nocturne port would work on iOS. Maybe the next iteration of it, but it doesn't seem like it would be that annoying of a control scheme to translate.

They'll port to to Vita first so they can charge 40$ for it. Hell, the engine is already there thanks to P4G.

The Dark Souls of turn based RPGs.

Forreal.

Shouldn't it be the other way around lol? Wouldn't Dark Souls be the SMT of action RPGs?

That would imply that they can get the PS2 game running properly on their emulators and work out negotiations with Capcpom over a certain character from a certain series :p

I'm not sure if they tried Nocturne but I could have sworn I heard some of the other PS2 Megaten's didn't run properly

It can, but you remember the PSN version of FES, where they had to patch in some fixes because of some area's being a seizure-inducing mess. Like the final area of Tartarus or the Monorail. The textures would flicker like crazy. I think they would want to release Nocturne but considering how the PS3 can't emulate PS2 games well without issues cropping up. I don't think we'll see a proper release of Nocturne until we have a remake.

cjkeats

I've been saying for ages they should translate the iOS ports of SMT. Wondering if they'll go back on their word about SMT II. lol.
Hopefully ....if happens though.

It can, but you remember the PSN version of FES, where they had to patch in some fixes because of some area's being a seizure-inducing mess. Like the final area of Tartarus or the Monorail. The textures would flicker like crazy. I think they would want to release Nocturne but considering how the PS3 can't emulate PS2 games well without issues cropping up. I don't think we'll see a proper release of Nocturne until we have a remake.

Wouldn't Dante and the name "Nocturne"(they had to get permission from some other game company in order to have it in the title, that company is no longer around) be a big hurdle as well? I don't understand why they won't just throw the raidou version on the Vita, change the name and charge 40$. The engine is already there.

I've been saying for ages they should translate the iOS ports of SMT. Wondering if they'll go back on their word about SMT II. lol.
Hopefully ....if happens though.

It will most likely depend on sales of this, though if you mean of some of the content in the game, that's a toss up of whether they have any concerns about that issue.

Wouldn't Dante and the name "Nocturne"(they had to get permission from some other game company in order to have it in the title, that company is no longer around) be a big hurdle as well. I don't understand why they won't just throw the raidou version on the Vita, change the name and charge 40$. The engine is already there.

I think "Nocturne" would be free game, because the developer, Terminal Reality has went under recently. Dante on the other hand, I don't know about that, that's depends on Capcom. As for what your suggesting, they may be doing that, because we know it's ATLUS 25th Anniversary this year, so they might have something planned.

Edit: Opps double posting.

I think "Nocturne" would be free game, because the developer, Terminal Reality has went under recently. Dante on the other hand, I don't know about that, that's depends on Capcom.

They might as well just throw the the game on the Vita/PS3 as a HD remake. Atlus really needs to get into the HD collection thing. Nocturne/Raidou/DDS ports would make money.

Squire

Banned
They might as well just throw the the game on the Vita/PS3 as a HD remake. Atlus really needs to get into the HD collection thing. Nocturne/Raidou/DDS ports would make money.

Eventually, yeah. If they were going to do that they should've started pumping that stuff out right after Catherine. At this point I think we know what we're getting from Atlus Japan up until mid-2015.

Whatever it is, I can't imagine it'll be out in Japan before April of 2015. Once they get P5 out there they're going to give it a good while to coast.

That depends on they have in store for this year, since it's ATLUS 25th anniversary. And I think they want to release some SMT stuff along their Persona stuff as well, I would say wait until April or May, since that's maybe when we may see something like that from them.

Squire

Banned
Maybe, unless it's a small project like an iOS game.

Heh. I didn't say so, but I'm thinking it's not an iOS game. It's probably on a handheld, but I don't see them going iOS on something original.

That depends on they have in store for this year, since it's ATLUS 25th anniversary. And I think they want to release some SMT stuff along their Persona stuff as well, I would say wait until April or May, since that's maybe when we may see something like that from them.

Japan knows what they're getting this year. Four Persona games, one of them probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest) project in the company's history. I don't see them releasing any more in Japan this year than what's currently planned.

The 25th anniversary event will probably bring an announcement or two (we'll probably find out what Deviliser is), but none of that would release this year. In April/May we need to be talking about P5 marketing.

kewlmyc

Japan knows what they're getting this year. Four Persona games, one of them probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest) project in the company's history. I don't see them releasing any more in Japan this year than what's currently planned.

The 25th anniversary event will probably bring an announcement or two (we'll probably find out what Deviliser is), but none of that would release this year. In April/May we need to be talking about P5 marketing.

I wanna know what they hell happened to Devil Survivor 2: Break Record. It's been delayed for almost a year now. It's just a port!

Squire

Banned
I wanna know what they hell happened to Devil Survivor 2: Break Record. It's been delayed for almost a year now. It's just a port!

That might be why, honestly. They could view it as low priority and maybe not even worth the trouble of putting it out after all. Is DS a big seller?

Meia

Wait, DMC Dante is in SMT3N?

Where do you think that sticker idea from the fake box art someone posted here of a whole bunch of random lines comes from? :p

6044.jpg

US Boxart was the same as the JPN one I think, but includes the "Dante" sticker thing.

When is the Persona Stalker Club talk show supposed to start? It's currently February 28 in Japan. I'm guessing it'll be at 8PM EST again. I thought it'd be pre-recorded, but I guess not.

That might be why, honestly. They could view it as low priority and maybe not even worth the trouble of putting it out after all. Is DS a big seller?
Both games did about 100k so not really. I mean the games aren't exactly expensive to produce but even EO does bigger numbers than that. The DS 3DS port did about 50k. Although I don't think they would fund a anime if they weren't serious about pushing the franchise.

Squire

Banned
Both games did about 100k so not really. I mean the games aren't exactly expensive to produce but eve EO does bigger numbers than that.

Okay then, yeah, easiest assumption is there's more money in what they're doing now and they don't have a whole lot of people to spare to get BR out.

kewlmyc

Okay then, yeah, easiest assumption is there's more money in what they're doing now and they don't have a whole lot of people to spare to get BR out.

Break Record is the only reason they made the anime. Seems odd that they would hire voice actors for the game and then not even release it. I guess they could do it in the future, but not at all just seems silly on their behalf.

I love Persona, but it sucks if it is the reason why haven't heard anything on Break Record and SMT X Fire Emblem.

Break Record is the only reason they made the anime. Seems odd that they would hire voice actors for the game and then not even release it. I guess they could do it in the future, but not at all just seems silly on their behalf.

I love Persona, but it sucks if it is the reason why haven't heard anything on Break Record and SMT X Fire Emblem.

There is no way Atlus is internally developing this game, the opportunity cost would be insane, SMTxFE has to be all Nintendo(IntSys to be exact).

CorvoSol

Where do you think that sticker idea from the fake box art someone posted here of a whole bunch of random lines comes from? :p

6044.jpg

US Boxart was the same as the JPN one I think, but includes the "Dante" sticker thing.

I dunno. I might have to play this to see this. Dante was really popular back in the day, huh? SMT3 AND Viewtiful Joe?

Squire

Banned

Oh yeah, I don't think it's off the books, but it definitely sounds like it's on hold until they can spare the staff.

Like 9th says, IntSys should be making SMT X FE (probably with a writer and producer from Atlus), but I straight up don't even think it's reasonable to expect that game to come out anymore.

Soriku

Like 9th says, IntSys should be making SMT X FE (probably with a writer and producer from Atlus), but I straight up don't even think it's reasonable to expect that game to come out anymore.

I think it'll still come. Especially when Nintendo is the one funding it. In the worst case scenario, they'll move it to 3DS.

I hope it's not wishful thinking for Deviliser to be a new Kaneko game or something. I'd love to see a non-Persona console Megaten game in addition to P5 (though it could very well be a portable game).

Oh yeah, I don't think it's off the books, but it definitely sounds like it's on hold until they can spare the staff.

I think no one knows what's going on with the SMT X FE project beyond ATLUS and Nintendo. I've heard some rumors of it being started over again, they are saying they weren't satisfied with how it was turning out, so it's anybody's guess as to what is going on with that project.

I think it'll still come. Especially when Nintendo is the one funding it. In the worst case scenario, they'll move it to 3DS.

I hope it's not wishful thinking for Deviliser to be a new Kaneko game or something. I'd love to see a non-Persona console Megaten game in addition to P5 (though it could very well be a portable game).

Agreed, although if it was on vita and not using the old ps2 megaten engine, I'd be fine with that.

Marche90

Like the Persona game that everybody was saying was never coming to 3DS. Just sayin'

Ok, made by a different dev team but w/e, it's a Persona game produced by the Persona team

More serious answer: Until someone comes out and says it's cancelled, it's still being worked on. I'm still hopeful for Break Record too :(

CorvoSol

I think no one knows what's going on with the SMT X FE project beyond ATLUS and Nintendo. I've heard some rumors of it being started over again, they are saying they weren't satisfied with how it was turning out, so it's anybody's guess as to what is going on with that project.

Wait, why are we expecting SMT x FE got cancelled?

Soriku

Where did you hear this?

They have no reason to cancel it tbh. It's probably cheaper to produce than W101, Bayonetta 2 and that Zelda Mosou game. It'll most likely outsell all of those games too. It's not like Nintendo is against funding destined bombas.

Heh, I don't actually know if that's where he got it from, but basically.

That's where I got it from, though I can't remember where in the SMT X FE board I got I from, though I do remember that part. Though I would take what I just said with a grain of salt and treat it as just a rumor, because I think no one knows what is going on with that project beyond ATLUS, Nintendo, and Intelligent Systems. For all we know it could still be in early pre-production, early development of the game, or it's going smoothly and just don't want to show anything yet. So it's pretty much up in the air as to what's going on with SMT X FE.

Top Bottom