• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

Why would Mitsuru ask Junpei to fix the computer? Like, is Junpei secretly great with computers and I've been selling him short all along?

Or is Junpei x Mitsuru a thing and I just didn't realize it?

Why would Mitsuru ask Junpei to fix the computer? Like, is Junpei secretly great with computers and I've been selling him short all along?

Or is Junpei x Mitsuru a thing and I just didn't realize it?

It was a silly dumb way to introduce a new feature in P3FES/P

PK Gaming

It rarely happens, but when do end up alone together, its usually funny.

My favorite convo between the 2 was when they started talking about exams.

EDIT: @Moonlight

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Moonlight

Banned
tumblr_mqbp0ioG511rd3kkno1_400.png

wmlk

So things I'm liking about P3, so as not to sound like I hate the game:

-Junpei is Da Man.

-Famke doesn't get constantly reminded she's not eligible to fuck people yet. Like I did the first Akihiko SLink and I was pleased to not get a notification to that effect at the end.

-Tatsumi Port Island is a nice change of pace from Inaba, and I bet that if P3P's presentation wasn't shit, I'd enjoy running around it.

-Theo.

-Koromaru is adorable.

-Everybody's voice actor except Fuuka.

-It feels sufficiently different from P4. I'd hate it if both games were just more of the same.

-OST is ballin'

-Famke got a Hockey stick last night. So good.

What's your opinion on Strega so far?

Tamanon

Banned
To be fair, Junpei's affinity for Computers is well-known from the male MC route.

He's the one that gives you the MMO

Not if it is the same pair of battle panties I just removed from a different party member.

EDIT: That doesn't sound right.

I wonder why they changed the name from High Cut Armor to Battle Panties in P3P. Was High Cut Armor a tiny tiny bit too dignified or something?

I really don't care for Strega at all. They completely clash with like every attempt the game makes at making its world convincing looking. They're like a bunch of regular RPG rejects.

EMT0

Banned
Not if it is the same pair of battle panties I just removed from a different party member.

EDIT: That doesn't sound right.

I laughed way too hard at that. Just pretend that Makoto actually washes his clothes rather than running around in the same uniform all year long and that he slipped the battle panties into the wash at some point.

Soriku

Aw Nanako, and Yu I think he would make an awesome drummer if he were in a band.

Adachi plz.

I really don't care for Strega at all. They completely clash with like every attempt the game makes at making its world convincing looking. They're like a bunch of regular RPG rejects.

They're...alright. Takaya is cool because he looks like Jesus and Chidori's relationship with Junpei was good. But that's about it. Never cared much for Jin.

CorvoSol

Oh. Is Strega
the revenge people who have Shadow Jesus Totally-Not-Ikutsuki on their team?
Cuz I can tell already those guys are the Ginyu force of Persona.

I laughed way too hard at that. Just pretend that Makoto actually washes his clothes rather than running around in the same uniform all year long and that he slipped the battle panties into the wash at some point.

Right, but the problem is basically Makoto stole these panties from Clara (not hard to see, Makoto is definitely the kind of guy who would do panty raids), washed them, and then, rather than hording them like I guess people do after a panty raid, he somehow sneaks them into Mitsuru's clothing so that she can wear them.

Like I've been privy to some dorm antics but this one is a new kind of weird.

They just visually clash so strongly with the established world. But it's okay, they aren't alone in this, because Aigis cleans up the rest of the game's attempts at making the world seem convincing pretty resoundingly. She comes from an angle of sci-fi world building that I'm glad Persona 4 dropped (spinoffs be damned)--I think it works much better when the "real world" is portrayed as convincingly realistic as possible. Absurdly humanoid androids living among you kind of crawls into my realm of "haha, no."

wmlk

Lemme just say from the beginning Strega rubbed me the wrong way. Just went against the so-called premise of the game.

"Oh, Persona 3 is so dark and realistic and depressing and mat00r and Persona 4 is too non-serious."

Yeah, well just point them to Strega. Complete counter-thesis.

wmlk

Let's cut down on the spoilers...but yeah, I wanna hear your final thoughts on the game later. For all the flack that Persona 4 gets for being "lighthearted", Persona 3 to me just gets silly at times with how grating it gets with its themes but horrible execution.

Let's cut down on the spoilers...but yeah, I wanna hear your final thoughts on the game later. For all the flack that Persona 4 gets for being "lighthearted", Persona 3 to me just gets silly at times with how grating it gets with its themes but horrible execution.

It's themes are the best part especially memento mori which makes the atmosphere more effective, which is why I like it more than Persona 4

Lunar15

It's themes are the best part especially memento mori which makes the atmosphere more effective, which is why I like it more than Persona 4

Persona 4's atmosphere is just as effective, it's just not dark.

They nail precisely what they were going for, and I think that is a huge reason it's so popular.

"Get your hands out of your pockets" is a thing I say to the screen when I'm playing P3FES a lot. Because who seriously runs with their hands in their pockets.

wmlk

I don't have a problem with the themes, but the execution of the themes was terrible in my opinion.

It started going downhill for me when Ryoji was introduced and all of a sudden, your blank-slate protagonist has a larger-than-life backstory.

Persona 4's atmosphere is just as effective, it's just not dark.

They nail precisely what they were going for, and I think that is a huge reason it's so popular.

"Get your hands out of your pockets" is a thing I say to the screen when I'm playing P3FES a lot. Because who seriously runs with their hands in their pockets.

I could not agree more. For games that are so similar to one another, something had to go wrong for me to not appreciate Persona 3 nearly as much as Persona 4. That spoilered comment that I had was when the flaws started to show.

Top Bottom