• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

I think P4 dungeons are just as bad as Tartarus, which is why I am glad they gave you the option to change the music. Also, the camera only ever bothered me in P3P. FES' camera was fine.

P4 dungeons don't last more than 20 floors, so if you're sick of a song and a setting in a P4 dungeon it ends soon.

I'm on floor 60 of Tartarus, 200 floors to go, and it's been the same song and practically the same visuals the whole time.

This is not okay. I'm willing to at least tolerate the Marie hate, but you take this shit right out if here. D:

DO YOU THINK SOMETHING IS FISHY ABOUT MITSURU?

DON'T YOU THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG ABOUT THE WAY MITSURU FORCED FUUKA TO JOIN?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MITSURU?

FUUKA CAN YOU PLEASE VALIDATE MY SUSPICIONS ABOUT MITSURU?

HEY. DO YOU THINK THAT MITSURU FORCED FUUKA TO JOIN? SHE DID, DIDN'T SHE?

P4 dungeons don't last more than 20 floors, so if you're sick of a song and a setting in a P4 dungeon it ends soon.

I'm on floor 60 of Tartarus, 200 floors to go, and it's been the same song and practically the same visuals the whole time.

DON'T YOU THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG ABOUT THE WAY MITSURU FORCED FUUKA TO JOIN?

Mute it and listen to something else? Also, you're making Yukari seem a lot worse than she was.

I'd argue that during the events of P3 every character sucks until around October-November-December

Yup, compare them to their The Answer/P4A selves, and you will see that they have vastly changed.

Also keep in mind that while everyone compares the P4 cast to a group of best friends, they call the P3 group "co workers." People who don't necessarily like each other, but are forced to band together to reach a common goal. By P4A, their situation is different. P3 is a much colder and more distant game than P4.

CorvoSol

Mute it and listen to something else? Also, you're making Yukari seem a lot worse than she was.

Well yeah, I said you can change the music, that's the one point in its favor. Otherwise I'd still say Tartarus sections are more monotonous than P4 dungeons by virtue of their length.

And I'm only making Yukari sound exactly the way she sounds in June. Every week for a month she comes to you bitching about how suspicious or awful Mitsuru is, and it's terrible. Not to mention she just flat out doesn't apologize for getting Junpei beat up. And I don't even know what the hell she thought she was going to do back there behind the Station or what she expected aside from people getting hurt. When the game first starts, before Junpei can even talk to you she's badmouthing him.

As far as I've played in this game, Yukari has behaved like a spoiled, gossiping brat. Everybody else in SEES has made some effort to get along with the rest of the team, but Yukari is constantly finding fault with the others. If anybody on the team is bad for the team, it's Yukari and her toxic personality.

The Yucatan Penninsula is probably my second favorite SEES character so far after Junpei, but that might be because the others are hardly characters at all at this point.

The Yucatan Penninsula is probably my second favorite SEES character so far after Junpei, but that might be because the others are hardly characters at all at this point.

Shes my first favorite with Junpei right behind her. Best Peninsula 2014. Though, I find her so interesting precisely because she is so flawed.

PK Gaming

Yeah, Yukari is insanely jealous/resentful of Mitsuru for having an "ideal" life, so i'm not surprised to see her vent about her at every opportunity. That said...

She's got a leg to stand on. Mitsuru roped Fuuka into SEES without fully explaining the dangers of fighting shadows. Of course, Fuuka's a cardboard so it's a moot point, but still...

There's definitely something unsettling about her recruitment scene.

EDIT: Are you doing her S.link/hanging out with her on Sundays in Clara's route? It makes her a lot more bearable!

Yukari x Mitsuru OTP

They sure have, Mike.

They sure have. You could even argue that in Arena they barely act like themselves at all!

Funny, that.

Hey. You.

dantis.png

Well yeah, I said you can change the music, that's the one point in its favor. Otherwise I'd still say Tartarus sections are more monotonous than P4 dungeons by virtue of their length.

And I'm only making Yukari sound exactly the way she sounds in June. Every week for a month she comes to you bitching about how suspicious or awful Mitsuru is, and it's terrible. Not to mention she just flat out doesn't apologize for getting Junpei beat up. And I don't even know what the hell she thought she was going to do back there behind the Station or what she expected aside from people getting hurt. When the game first starts, before Junpei can even talk to you she's badmouthing him.

As far as I've played in this game, Yukari has behaved like a spoiled, gossiping brat. Everybody else in SEES has made some effort to get along with the rest of the team, but Yukari is constantly finding fault with the others. If anybody on the team is bad for the team, it's Yukari and her toxic personality.

I wouldn't really say bitching. Yeah she has her suspicions about Mitsuru but she doesn't take it to the degree you say she does. Her getting Junpei beat up and not apologizing was a pretty shitty thing to do. However, the rest is just you reading too much into it.

CorvoSol

Yeah, Yukari is insanely jealous/resentful of Mitsuru for having an "ideal" life, so i'm not surprised to see her vent about her at every opportunity. That said...

She's got a leg to stand on. Mitsuru roped Fuuka into SEES without fully explaining the dangers of fighting shadows. Of course, Fuuka's a cardboard so it's a moot point, but still...

There's definitely something unsettling about her recruitment scene.

EDIT: Are you doing her S.link/hanging out with her on Sundays in Clara's route? It makes her a lot more bearable!

Nah, Clara hasn't hung out with any girl other than her lady bro Rio. Kinda disappointed in Rio, cuz she has feelings for that terrible loser Kenji, but what're you gonna do when your friends have shit taste in the opposite sex?

I don't really see Fuuka being forced into it, though. I mean, Fuuka knew already what it was like inside Tartarus, so she didn't really need to be told. Besides, I feel like Yukari trying to dissuade Fuuka in that scene is more "Hey be careful about all this" than I remember anybody giving MC.

My main problem though is just Yukari doesn't treat the others well at all. Instead she mocks Junpei all the time and she tries to gossip about Mitsuru behind her back. She just comes across as a bad friend because of it.

I wouldn't really say bitching. Yeah she has her suspicions about Mitsuru but she doesn't take it to the degree you say she does. Her getting Junpei beat up and not apologizing was a pretty shitty thing to do. However, the rest is just you reading too much into it.

Don't really see how I'm reading too much into it. She treats the others like shit, that's all. I don't even see where I'm supposed to be exaggerating here? She seriously does spend the entire month of June bugging MC on this topic, and she DOES ask Fuuka to snoop on Mitsuru. It's not like I'm saying "Yukari is a jealous cunt who knows she'll never be as good as Mitsuru so she spends her time tearing people down because she's a horrible human being." I'm just saying exactly what's happening here: Yukari is being a shitty friend.

Dantis

Nah, Clara hasn't hung out with any girl other than her lady bro Rio. Kinda disappointed in Rio, cuz she has feelings for that terrible loser Kenji, but what're you gonna do when your friends have shit taste in the opposite sex?

I don't really see Fuuka being forced into it, though. I mean, Fuuka knew already what it was like inside Tartarus, so she didn't really need to be told. Besides, I feel like Yukari trying to dissuade Fuuka in that scene is more "Hey be careful about all this" than I remember anybody giving MC.

My main problem though is just Yukari doesn't treat the others well at all. Instead she mocks Junpei all the time and she tries to gossip about Mitsuru behind her back. She just comes across as a bad friend because of it.

Don't really see how I'm reading too much into it. She treats the others like shit, that's all.

...You haven't started Saori's S Link?...

CorvoSol

...You haven't started Saori's S Link?...

OH YEAH HER.

I'm like half way through that SLink. Some ho-bag tried to bitch slap Saori and I was all "YOU WANNA FIGHT, BIOTCH? DIS DA LIBERRY. WE DO THIS REAL HERE."

EDIT: Maybe Yukari is just more empathetic than I am. I care as much for Fuuka's well being as her voice actress did about doing a good job.

Sophia

OH YEAH HER.

I'm like half way through that SLink. Some ho-bag tried to bitch slap Saori and I was all "YOU WANNA FIGHT, BIOTCH? DIS DA LIBERRY. WE DO THIS REAL HERE."

You have no idea how badly I was laughing at this. XD

EDIT: Maybe Yukari is just more empathetic than I am. I care as much for Fuuka's well being as her voice actress did about doing a good job.

Well she is the Lovers arcana, so it's kind of her job to be empathetic. :p

It is implied in side materials that she has a soft spot for children too.

Omikaru

Fuuka is just blegh. When the inevitable P3 remake for PS5 and Vita 2 comes, I hope they bring Wendee Lee to record her lines instead.

Same wish applies to Persona Q too.

As for Yukari, don't shit-talk Yukari. She's awesome.

CorvoSol

You have no idea how badly I was laughing at this. XD

Well she is the Lovers arcana, so it's kind of her job to be empathetic. :p

It is implied in side materials that she has a soft spot for children too.

The only people I've seen Yukari be nice to so far are MC and Koromaru. I'll bear with Yukari for now, since I assume at some point she gets over her bad attitude toward others, but for now she's vying with Fuuka for my least favorite main character in the game.

And I was all about defending Saori in that library. Biotch think she can just come in and smack my friend during bidness hours.

PK Gaming

Don't really see how I'm reading too much into it. She treats the others like shit, that's all. I don't even see where I'm supposed to be exaggerating here? She seriously does spend the entire month of June bugging MC on this topic, and she DOES ask Fuuka to snoop on Mitsuru. It's not like I'm saying "Yukari is a jealous cunt who knows she'll never be as good as Mitsuru so she spends her time tearing people down because she's a horrible human being." I'm just saying exactly what's happening here: Yukari is being a shitty friend.

Damn you should have, Yukari's s.link in the female path is solid.

---

There's no doubt that Yukari is short-tempered and confrontational, but there are reasons for that. (good reasons!) I don't think she's a friend to anyone in the group at that point in the story because she keeps everyone at an arms length. P3 does a good job at justifying her noxious with her backstory.
Her father's untimely death and her shitty mother did a number on her mental state.

I guess I'm mostly ok with Yukari because I deeply sympathize with her, and because as a character, she feels natural. She (and Junpei) are the only characters in P3 that feel like actual humans. She's not a one-track character who changes once or twice after a midgame RPG epiphany. She constantly fluctuates as a person, and I really dig that. Oh, and I guess I like her because I get to see her grow out of it by the end of the P3 storyline :)

I'm not trying to force you to like her anything, but I think you should give her a chance.

CorvoSol

I don't think I've come across the option to SLink with Yukari yet as FeMC. Where does she hang out so I can start this SLink and change my tune?

CorvoSol

corvo's not up to the point in the story where I gave a shit about yukari tho

This is the other thing to bear in mind, haha. I don't even know that I'm a 3rd of the way into the game, and my progress is sort of slow because I do a month as Makoto and then a month as Clara. ATM I've just been grinding Gurr or whatever so I can get its Growth 1 card so I can start raising multiple personae at once.

Dantis

OH YEAH HER.

Might I say that that may be one of the finest S Links in all the games.

Saori is my favourite side-character across all the games. Her story felt really progressive to me, with some much more mature themes than most of the other S Links. It showed how far the Persona Team had come, I think.

Of course, after that, they did the Marie S Link, so I guess it's more like one step forwards, two steps back.

Not sure why I've never drawn her. I love her design too.

^Because you draw things you dont like!

This is the other thing to bear in mind, haha. I don't even know that I'm a 3rd of the way into the game, and my progress is sort of slow because I do a month as Makoto and then a month as Clara. ATM I've just been grinding Gurr or whatever so I can get its Growth 1 card so I can start raising multiple personae at once.

You are not going to like the sound of this, but the middle of P3 is so mediocre, and the pacing of P3 is so bad.

CorvoSol

^Because you draw things you dont like!

You are not going to like the sound of this, but the middle of P3 is so mediocre, and the pacing of P3 is so bad.

Pacing is actually the one like, concrete weakness of this game compared to P4. P4 I was always busy, and things kept happening. P3 though, I dunno. Not so much.

PK Gaming

Saori's S.link was fantastic. It achieves genuine interaction between 2 girls that not many video games can match.

But let's be honest, this is the real reason why we like her S.link

arue

A pretty good beginning, a mediocre middle, decent late game, a TERRIBLE last month, and the best climax of the entire series.

Last month was not that bad. It was the best because you finally get the real atmosphere of the game.
Also because of Aigis' s.link and that school song ;_;

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I'm starting to like P3 FES a bit more. but since I played P4G first, I'm finding it hard to push through. Maybe I should've played that first instead. I'm gonna finish at least the Journey.

Dantis

Saori's S.link was fantastic. It achieves genuine interaction between 2 girls that not many video games can match.

But let's be honest, this is the real reason why we like her S.link

I'm not sure what you mean by the image, but I agree that the interaction is great.

It does a lot of other things too. The themes it deals with, and the way it off-handedly mentions regular things that aren't really mentioned off handedly in games like this made it really feel significant to me.

Moonlight

Banned
I would not say the last month in P3 is terrible. I think the month before the last month was awful, but the last month really hammers home some finality.
And Memories of School is easily one of the best songs in the game.

But yeah, P3 is a weird game, structure-wise. Nothing happens for months, then EVERYTHING happens.

Corvo, you're not alone about Yukari, I stopped hating her by the end of the game, but she was still one of my least favorite characters :/. I don't understand why people can be against MaleMC so much for slightly douchey things that you don't even have to do, but can forgive everything Yukari says and does so easily

CorvoSol

Corvo, you're not alone about Yukari, I stopped hating her by the end of the game, but she was still one of my least favorite characters :/. I don't understand why people can be against MaleMC so much for slightly douchey things that you don't even have to do, but can forgive everything Yukari says and does so easily

Well I'm only in June-July, so there's plenty of time to turn my opinion around.

Swedesu

Saori is my favourite side-character across all the games. Her story felt really progressive to me, with some much more mature themes than most of the other S Links. It showed how far the Persona Team had come, I think.

Of course, after that, they did the Marie S Link, so I guess it's more like one step forwards, two steps back.

Not sure why I've never drawn her. I love her design too.
Yeah it's pretty amazing, and if I remember this right it's one of the links where the protagonist takes an unusually active role, almost punching a particulary unsavory girl. Not to mention how genuine their relationship feels.

Was Marie's S.Link done by the same people though?

arue

This. Yukari is my least favorite character even after The Answer. I even prefer Ken than her because
Ken actually acts maturely in The Answer.

I think the hate with MaleMC is because his answer choices show that he has a douche personality, compared to FeMC's choices.

Acid08

Banned
I'm not surprised Corvo hates Yukari right now. All I can say is keep playing, she's one of the most well realized characters in the series. But you're being hella hyperbolic about how much she brings up Fuuka and Mitsuru(not that I can talk about hyperbolic hate :p) but it'll be interesting to know what you think when this little conflict reaches its conclusion.

Top Bottom